B O A (보아) * Official Thread

Guest jnnfr

• Replies 31.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest KhmerGuy231

^ i just wish people would think they way you do. especially the bolded part.

Im not really against plastic surgery but im not for it either. Im stuck in the middle.

I just find it annoying like you how people still can't get over the topic about BoA & Surgery. People in Korea don't even talk about it anymore. Even people who aren't her fans don't talk about it anymore...

Im going to blab on ><;;

People don't have proof of her doing anything. When someone says 'I saw it on a show, she said so herself.' What show? How come the Korean media doesn't know about this? They would gobble it up and spit it out on every single newspaper out there. If her parents were really plastic surgeons. How come the Korean media doesn't know about this? They would gobble it up and spit it out on every single newspaper out there. If someone says 'Oh i read it in a magazine/newspaper.' If it was a credible newspaper or magazine .. once again How come the Korean media doesn't know about this? They would gobble it up and spit it out on every single newspaper/newshow out there.

There are rumors that are just stuck with her name. Not just her but other celebs as well

Anyways Boa's look is just another plus for me after her determination-achievements-etc. I just like who she is. How she was able to grow up under the spotlight without much trouble. She has been able to maintain a successful career in two countries. She's not the best because of all the newcomers with amazing vocals... but she wants to be the best of who she is for her fans & herself... i think thats what counts most

Lol. I love your multiple use of "gobble it up and spit it out" :D Surgery... Whether she had it or not, she's beautiful nonetheless. I personally think she did (Don't all attack me now. lol), but you don't see me hounding you guys like dogs about it. People just need to get on with their lives... -_-

On another note, I really don't like the wig she has for Sweet Impact performances, but her 2nd performance of the song was really good.

You know what I just barely noticed? She came out with an MV for "Be the One" but never performed it, at least to my knowledge. -_- I loved that song.

Guest KhmerGuy231

I'm pretty sure it means "friend." Anyone want to reassure this? My years of watching K-Dramas may or may not have paid off. lol. And she performed it during a concert?! The dance number would be awesome, time to go YouTubing. lol

Guest xyunaxfantasiesx

You know what I just barely noticed? She came out with an MV for "Be the One" but never performed it, at least to my knowledge. -_- I loved that song.

Be The One was just a promotional single for Love & Honesty so that's why it's her lowest selling single, she performed it at the Love & Honesty and Best of Soul tour ^_^

Guest hanjin90

u should watch "Be the one" perf. it's awesome esp the one in her BOS concert

she sounded so powerful in it ^^

i think Youtube has tat perf

Guest asianjunkie

About BoA having surgery, It's nice to know that you're an honest person and can speak up the truth you think about your own idol. But if your idol, BoA, already have said she did not had surgery, Shouldn't you guys be beliving her? I'm not going to force anybody to think the way I do, So don't take it too far on this. This is just my opinion.

To me, I don't really care if she had plastic surgery or not. It's her choice to do or not, Not yours. We're a fan because of her music and talent, And not her looks. So, It shouldn't matter for us fans who doesn't care about her beauty, Tough I don't know about how you people feels for being a fan of her beauty. I don't need to see any proof that she didn't had surgery, It's all pointless anyway. In fact, 99% Korean females had surgery in Korea. What's the big deal? People just make BoA sound like she's the only who had surgery in Korea. It's unfair. Nowdays, I think having surgery isn't much of a big deal since most of all Koreans (including males) have surgery. I find it normal now. I don't know how you non-Koreans think about this, But I'm sure other Koreans would think the same. Surgery is normal people, Normal.

All this 'BoA had surgery' discussion is getting useless now too anyways. It's been a long time ago rumour, Everyone should get over it already. Unless you're really concerned about BoA's surgery thing, It's easy to get over it.

I like her because of the whole package. I'm male after all so yes i'm physically attracted to her. Surprise surprise.

I don't care whether she did it or not. My example was just to exemplify how dumb people can be and how far they will go to find thing to justify whatever reason they hate her. Probably jealousy.

:o

Be The One was just a promotional single for Love & Honesty so that's why it's her lowest selling single, she performed it at the Love & Honesty and Best of Soul tour ^_^

Lowest selling? Really?

Surprising, it's one of her better songs IMO.

That also explains why the music video looked like it was shot in one day in a few hours.

:o

BoA gets singled out for many things (lip-syncing, surgery, nasally vocals, outfits, etcetcetc) simply because she is BoA. anyone who is so heavily praised by so many people are bound to face heavier criticism for these kinds of things than others.^^ BoA can go and get a real surgeon to prove that she hasn't had any surgery at all, but people will still think that it's all staged/paid for/whatever. there's no point in arguing...it's just going to be a full circle.

anyway, i was clicking around and came across a Korean blog that had ALOT of stuff about BoA and Heechul...including the full radio convo between the Suju boys and No Hong Chul about BoA [shindong talks a lot more in this one]. cute =) http://blog.naver.com/rend_?Redirect=Log&a...gNo=30016021546

What is that rumor about? Them dating?

Guest winG*

^ it's not really a rumor, and it's not about them dating. just about how they're good friends and stuff, haha.

i loved Be the One as well...i wish we got to see her perform it on shows more. she only performed it at her L&H and BOS tours.

i think BoA's main attraction (IMO anyway) is not simply because she's good looking or good at dancing...but because she's the full package. she's not the best looking person, best dancer, or best singer, but she balances the 3 of them better than many others. combined with her dedication towards her career, i think that's what attracts so many fans.

Guest darkanqelxp

i think BoA's main attraction (IMO anyway) is not simply because she's good looking or good at dancing...but because she's the full package. she's not the best looking person, best dancer, or best singer, but she balances the 3 of them better than many others. combined with her dedication towards her career, i think that's what attracts so many fans.

i agree with you....i think BoA is one of the few artists that can keep up with her skills and talents....in addition she has another attraction to be one of the most influential artist in our time. She is truly one of a kind. =D

IS THIS TRUE? I got it from the DBSK thread here at Soompi...

2007 SM Ent's Album Release Plan

April

KV Group - 2nd Album

TRAX - 2nd Album

May

Sugar - 4th Album

June

Cheon Sang Ji Hee - 4th Album/Single

Jang Ri In - 2nd Album/Singe

Super Junior - 2nd Album

July

BoA - Korea's BEST Selection

Sept

TRAX - 2.5 Album

October

Super Girls - 1st Album (at last they are debuting!!)

note: i'm not sure who are they...

November

Super Junior - 2nd Album/Single

Dec

SM Town - 07' Winter Vacation

BoA - 6th Album

2008 Jan/Feb

TVXQ - 4th Album

Guest winG*

^interesting...is there a news source than came with it? i thought BoA's 6th album was coming in June (unless they suddenly found her a great script). and i thought CSJH's album was coming this month. i don't want to wait until Dec for her 6th album T_T. that means she'll miss out of the awards this year too. >< i hope it's fanmade.

Guest jessiep

^^I believe that her 6th album will be out this summer. That's usually the time of the year when BoA releases her Korean works.

I just watched "Made in BoA" show at Jeju. The show was entertaining, especially her interview. She was so cute and funny there, though I couldn't understand Korean (except some parts of the interview were translated earlier). Her expressions and sayings are priceless (i.e. when she pointed to the fans and said "you're DBSK fans", her comment about her nickname "Boshika", etc.). She is so down-to-earth. Though she sang only half of Mericuri, Winter Love, and Everlasting songs, she sounded great. "People say..." perf was interesting. Her dancing was great as usual. She didn't put her 100% in this show, but it was still very good overall.

ps: I promised getting myself to go to one of BoA's concerts one day!

Guest KhmerGuy231

Agh, that's gonna suck so bad if her album is coming out in December. -_-. I thought her Japanese albums always came out around Januaray and then her Korean albums came out during the summer. I demand a new Korean SINGLE! lol. Jp. So I'm on this old BoA kick, where I'm listening to "Be the One," and I just scoured numerous forums to download "Waiting" Love that song. It sounds very passionate, I'm sure it'll be even more passionate if I understood it. lol

I used to have BoA's full Cd collection from her first album, including her .5 albums, and then what happens!? Ghetto people break into my car and steal my cd case with BoA's albums and about 100 other K cds... BLAH! That was last year, but I am still very bitter about that. Lol. I've learned to burn every real album I have now... That was my vent for the day. lol

ahh i love her be the one performance at BOS tour.. especially when she intro the background singers part... she sort of like sang with 1 of the girl...

oh man..ya if her album is gonna be out in dec..she'll miss out the awards..aiseh..

does boshika means like dark sin or soemthing like that?

Guest suejinners

hmmm i duno about that list.. cause im pretty sure they would have it up at boaworld

shes going into her 6th album activites after her arena tour + 1-2 weeks rest with preparation of the album. i doubt they can make the album that fast and get it out by june or july. even though she usually comes out in june-july. im thinking late august

OMG

They are going to air Hollywood bowl on MBC. because Do you know the olympic bronze medal freestyle skier Toby dawson? He's korean. but he got lost and then was put in a orphanage far away from his home. his parents couldn't find him. next thing you know he's shipped to the U.S. and got adopted by two lovely americans. But this year he was reunited with his father!!! and younger brother. (his mother... i dunno they just said his mother divorced from his father).

But yeah thats his background info. so Toby Dawson and Moon Bloodgood (actress, who is also part korean ^^) will be in for the MBC America show 'I Love Korea'. Also MTV's famous VJ Suchin Pak (ahh i love her!!) will also be there to participate as an mc. 16 groups and singers will be there to perform. Brian & Eugene are the MC's (basically the hollywood bowl info). TD will be there with his fiance under the VIP list on 5-5 in LA at HollywoodBowl. It will air on the 12th through MBC!!!!

But it says BoA will perform new songs off her 5th album......

which is confusing.. cause its a Korean themed concert.. so she shouldn't be performing her japanese 5th album songs......

i dunno people at boaworld bestiz are confused! THey think the reporter might of made her mistake writing 5th instead of 6th album but then it shouldn't be her 6th krn album song because she hasn't even started anything on it... so that means her japanese 5th album songs??

ahh i dunno but im super happy they are airing it on MBC

Guest vietblue99

^ Yah BoA said that she would go back to Korea in May to start working on her 6th Korean album and that she's been planning it for 2 years or so. It's weird she hasn't recorded anything on it yet I don't think. Maybe they got things mixed up and she can't perform Japanese songs at Hollywood Bowl since as you mentioned it's Korean themed.

The thing about HB airing on MBC I thought everyone knew about that. It did mention it briefly on the Khype forum.

Guest suejinners

^ lol i didn't know

i haven't been to the khype forum and no one really mentioned in the thread... or maybe i missed it?

Archived