Kazakh Singers

Guest 77hanna777

Guest kiut_me

I googled it and "stan" means "homeland" so like in Afganistan, it means "the homeland of Afgans."

I found Rin'Go's video "Sen Gana":

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0e6Ma_8C3a0

It's pretty good even though I have no idea what they are singing about.

Do they have a fansite or something (in English)?

It amazes me how a lot of Kazakhs look really Asian. Do they consider themselves Asian at all? I know if some of them go back far enough they would find themselves coming from Mongolia or Northern China. Just like the origins of Japanese and Koreans.

But wow Asian looking people speaking a Turkic language is pretty cool.

I'm not sure if Kazakhs consider themselves as Asians, but technically they are because Kazakhstan is in Asia (:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 77hanna777

I googled it and "stan" means "homeland" so like in Afganistan, it means "the homeland of Afgans."

I found Rin'Go's video "Sen Gana":

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0e6Ma_8C3a0

It's pretty good even though I have no idea what they are singing about.

Do they have a fansite or something (in English)?

It amazes me how a lot of Kazakhs look really Asian. Do they consider themselves Asian at all? I know if some of them go back far enough they would find themselves coming from Mongolia or Northern China. Just like the origins of Japanese and Koreans.

But wow Asian looking people speaking a Turkic language is pretty cool.

Most people in KZ (our slang abbreviation lol for kazakhstan) consider themselves asian mainly the ethnic kazakhs.

Guest SongBird

Cool.

How is it like living in KZ today? Is it modern like South Korea? I googled it but the info are kind of outdated. From watching the music videos and other media, it looks like a modernized country.

Guest 77hanna777

Cool.

How is it like living in KZ today? Is it modern like South Korea? I googled it but the info are kind of outdated. From watching the music videos and other media, it looks like a modernized country.

It is lol. It is on the list of the top ten fastest developing economies. The society itself is fairly modernised (we used be part of USSR) hence we have tolerance to diff. religions, races etc. as KZ is made up of different nationalities and religions. At the moment it's growing pretty fast and living here is not much different from any other place it's just that most people have the wrong impression of KZ partly b/c of Borat (the only kazakh thing there is the name of the country and the flag) and partly cuz of the ending "stan" and the general opinion on such countries is that they are undeveloped. Certainly there are places that could be improved (ie. smaller cities) but I guess comes with time and its been only 16 years since KZ became an independent state.

Guest SongBird

It is lol. It is on the list of the top ten fastest developing economies. The society itself is fairly modernised (we used be part of USSR) hence we have tolerance to diff. religions, races etc. as KZ is made up of different nationalities and religions. At the moment it's growing pretty fast and living here is not much different from any other place it's just that most people have the wrong impression of KZ partly b/c of Borat (the only kazakh thing there is the name of the country and the flag) and partly cuz of the ending "stan" and the general opinion on such countries is that they are undeveloped. Certainly there are places that could be improved (ie. smaller cities) but I guess comes with time and its been only 16 years since KZ became an independent state.

Thanks for answering. I would love to visit KZ one day. I hated the movie Borat. I was never interested in watching it then and never will in the future. Yeah, it does sort of portray a wrong image of the country, but then it did make people notice it. So yeah since you made the topic, you should put up more pictures or something :D

Guest VioletSauce

Rin'go reminds me of the F4. Not music wise just by there looks.

Almas Kishkenbayev song with Enhar Amir sounds really nice.

I just listened to it on Youtube. XD

Guest Death Note

^ Haha yeah, its good. I've been going to Youtube to listen to it heh.

Almas is really good. I've been trying to find some of his music but so far i've only found one :/

Oh yeah, thanks for creating this thread :D.

Guest cyberfruit

Thanks for answering. I would love to visit KZ one day. I hated the movie Borat. I was never interested in watching it then and never will in the future. Yeah, it does sort of portray a wrong image of the country, but then it did make people notice it. So yeah since you made the topic, you should put up more pictures or something :D

Aw, there's no reason to hate Borat. The movie actually makes fun of Americans way more than Kazakhs.

Guest SongBird

^ I don't hate it. I am just not interested in it.

Honestly speaking though, I have been really interested in KZ in the past two days. Some of you guys are like the forgotten Asians lol. Why was the capital changed from Almaty to Astana?

Guest 77hanna777

Aikyn is quite the cutie! What kind of music does he sing?

Pop songs, ballads that kind of stuff. :)

^ I don't hate it. I am just not interested in it.

Honestly speaking though, I have been really interested in KZ in the past two days. Some of you guys are like the forgotten Asians lol. Why was the capital changed from Almaty to Astana?

It was changed for several reasons. First one was that that they wanted to build a new city that would mark KZ as an independent state with a new capital. Second was that Almaty was in the seismic danger (earthquakes are quite common here) and Astana doesn't have that. Almaty became the financial center of KZ and Astana the administrative center with the government centered there. You can find out more about Astana here and Almaty right here these are the official webpages of these cities. Hope it helps! :D

Guest 77hanna777

Here are some more pics. :D From now where possible I'll write the artist's ethniciy next to their name.

Makpal Isabekova ethnic Kazakh

59e154c3802ee01ea756467c426b0da6-1.jpg

08805f957649a5737f9ae7e7df6bc20e.jpg (sorry for quality)

df.jpg

Ghettodogs ethnic Kazakhs

ghetto.jpg

FM All of slavic descent (Russian, polish, ukranian) They used to have asian members but they left the band.

jkl-1.jpg

:)

they look so asian compared to the borat movie

That's because Borat is filmed in Romania and the people that appear in there are not asian. :D

Guest Sabina

'77hanna777'

Privet! tY OTKUDA? Tvoye imya navernoye Zhanna? PRikolno tak vstretit' 'nashih' na soompi, a eshe prikolnei uvidet' zdes' nashih zvezd. Kz rules!

Guest 77hanna777

'77hanna777'

Privet! tY OTKUDA? Tvoye imya navernoye Zhanna? PRikolno tak vstretit' 'nashih' na soompi, a eshe prikolnei uvidet' zdes' nashih zvezd. Kz rules!

ahahahaha nea vashe Aselya prosto tak dlya prikola. Ne govori KZ 4eva! :D Ya s almaty. Sen?

Guest i3lu3fun

i think there's a lot of attractive men and women is Kazakh, because my friend get to know a couple of people from there and they were really good looking.

Guest cyberfruit

they look so asian compared to the borat movie

The "Kazakhs" in the movie weren't Kazakhs at all, they were Romanians (eastern Europeans).

Guest 77hanna777

i think there's a lot of attractive men and women is Kazakh, because my friend get to know a couple of people from there and they were really good looking.

Thanks lol.

I'm glad to see that you guys showed interest in this. :D

Archived