Ganji Fashion.

Guest kimseo

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

honestly i think unless you're korean yourself, you won't really "understand" ganji fashion

b/c some of you just thing it's a buncha baggy clothes randomly thrown on yourself

but it's not

it's a term used in korea to say "stylish" but it just HAPPENS that most people that dress "ganji (or 'unique')" wear those types of clothes

so at the same time it can be just a general statement about how people dress but it can be specifically a certain type of style too

• 3 weeks later...
Guest burn021

First off, I just have to say I love this ganji style. And I'm using the "category" definition rather than the general "you have good style" definition :lol:. I'm from Hawaii and this kind of fashion is EVERYWHERE. Walk into any high school on any school day or walk around the mall, and you will see tons of people dressed similarly to the pictures being posted in this forum. It's kind of funny though because if you talk to the majority of the people walking around they will have absolutely no idea what "ganji" is, however you happen to define it. Personally, I think it's just influence from hip hop, skating, graffiti, breaking etc. that have really made it big. Well, out in Hawaii anyway ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys,

till today I have never heard about GANJI STYLE. And I found out I actually wear this style. At least I think I do. I never know if I have this or that style so I always call it "big bang style" XD..anyway, if I posted some of my pics here would you guys tell me if I´m ganji or not?

I never want to be in any cathegory, I just thought I´ve got my own style...eeer,actually everyone has, but I´m really curious if I´m Ganji or not..XD... :rolleyes:

Guest rnb.edge_

aha thats why you have to shop at the guy's area.

or just shop for bigger sizes :]

it's the same in my area too ;)

Yeah, it's hard finding clothes that baggy for chicks but...isnt it awkward going to the dude's section? o.O

First off, I just have to say I love this ganji style. And I'm using the "category" definition rather than the general "you have good style" definition :lol:. I'm from Hawaii and this kind of fashion is EVERYWHERE. Walk into any high school on any school day or walk around the mall, and you will see tons of people dressed similarly to the pictures being posted in this forum. It's kind of funny though because if you talk to the majority of the people walking around they will have absolutely no idea what "ganji" is, however you happen to define it. Personally, I think it's just influence from hip hop, skating, graffiti, breaking etc. that have really made it big. Well, out in Hawaii anyway ^_^

Yeah, same thing here in Melbourne - people just wear it o.O It's practically everywhere on teens, though it's mainly dudes and they've probably never even heard of ganji style

Guest kurodreams

yup, ganji is a korean word. sorta means describing someone that's stylish.

wearing baggish clothing once in a while feels good :D

i hardly wear any tight clothing that just wraps around your skin LOL

Guest EHNerJI

Yeah, it's hard finding clothes that baggy for chicks but...isnt it awkward going to the dude's section? o.O

lol, um not really o.o;;

whenever i go into the guys section no one really seems to care haha.

+ you could always pretend you're buying it for a brother or something? o.o

.... or shop online? XD haha

On guys, maybe. Depends.

ON girls, NOOOOPE. I so wouldn't wear those.

Why all droopy? Girls should flaunt their curves, not hide them. That's a boy thing!

And people might see you (depending on the narrowness of their perspectives) as...thugs or lesbos.

I like the caps though :)

Guest jiwoneex3

i personally think that kind of style is just ugly.

on both girls and guys.

but most korean fobs dress like that, in korea.

and i hate how they put their hand in front of their mouth like that when taking pictures.

and they cover their face only showing their eyes.

almost every fob friend that i have poses like that in front of the camera.

i get so tired of that.

just saying :)

Guest abviolinplayer

^ yeah, I don't get it either...though I hate it mainly cuz when I do it it doesn't look as cute! hahaa XD

though I do love ganji style...too bad people here would think I'm lesbo or something <_<

• 2 months later...
Guest fashionista2009

i like this style, i mean it's for tomboy girls, and that is a different korean style compared to fob style. I personally wear more fob styles, but when i was younger i felt like a boy and wore those baggy hiphop jeans and baggy shirt :) now i wear baggy tops with super skinnies or leggings ^^

thanks for posting the pics ;P

Archived