Park Min Young 박민영 [ Amazon No.1 Hit Drama "Marry My Husband" 2024, Fanmeeting in Manila May 12th ]

OksanaSiytra

Guest azumi26

@ReemKanabta thank u anyway for bringing the trans.so this is all about?huh!!! well...now i understood alot y minyoung looks hesitant of her action sometimes but then she always act as normal as she can be. bravo!!

Guest azumi26

about gossip girl just waitin for the final news as its hard to guess what should be the next one.diff views brings me alot of confusing.that is why its hard to start my own explanation here. its hard to expect the expectation it hurts!!!

I was looking up news on gossip girl, China. It seems to have been in production for a long time. There has already been at least two shows which were touted as GG remakes. One which was more Hana Kimi than GG and another which had Kim Bum guest starring and released last year having 40 episodes. Guess this is the official remake.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2012/03/china-getting-its-own-gossip-girl-.html
http://shanghaiist.com/2012/03/08/shanghai_gossip_girl.php

"Each week, the main characters’ trust, love and friendship are tested, with all the behind-the-scenes tales recorded in a blog. In the beginning, they are confused and lost, however over time, they discover who they really are and eventually find the right path to pursue their dreams."

I think it will be a much toned down version. I don't mind though. I would rather Min Young play an adult than a teen. Anyway, it would be preposterous to expect an exact replica of the GG setting in China. 
Don't know whether this is the Gossip Girl China that got cast, but I found some details on the profiles of the characters on this casting site called backstage. They were looking for Serena, Blair and Chuck. The page expired on nov 15, 2014, but I got the cached version. http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:gWGUBc4RqeIJ:www.backstage.com/casting/gossip-girl-china-49175/+&cd=14&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=in. Under each character, there was a pdf which has some dialogues in Mandarin, perhaps lines for the audition?. But the pictures are of other Chinese actors and actresses, so perhaps it is another Gossip Girl. I am really not sure. Thought this might be it since the production company is listed as Metan ( the company mentioned as collaborating with Warner Bros in the shanghai list article) and filming is supposed to begin early 2015.
But there have been so many GG rehashes in China, I hope this one stands out. People expected the Korean Heirs to be also like GG, right? N now Heirs too has a Chinese remake. Too many high-society youngster-centric dramas back to back!
@anom 14 So great to see you back, Anne! <:-P All are coming back now. :)
Merci Beauty House CEO was talking about doing make up for Min Young today. Is it for an SK Telecom CF since they were the ones who did it for her last year as well for SK ?

Guest AndOne

@mimi26 "Tbh, I am having mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, I am super happy it is much much bigger than we thought, but on the other hand, it won't be an original drama and big need not necessarily be good. But I don't know how closely they will be following the original. Yes, happy that it's a big production that will at least garner public interest. Hoping the involvement of original script writers will help the storyline.

The target audience is different, their sensibilities are as well. So, it may turn out to be a much more toned down version considering mainland china dramas have many restrictions in their content.  If it's GG in their 20s, I'm getting Sex and The City vibe, but like you said China isn't going to tolerate that content.

MY is probably prepping for this role right now, she's been learning Chinese so yeah fingers crossed for no dubbing, however slim that chance is :)  I'm most curious about the cast ensemble and the secret director- let's pray for her success in Chinese drama debut. 

:)>-

Guest Eileen531

I keep thinking the same thing about the production team and they will advise or something like that.  To think Minyoung will be able to communicate with them is a big plus, don't you think?  

If this type of show has been gaining popularity in countries as saved2K mentioned it is popular in her country, it could be a typical hit for China.  Didn't know there were so many other versions already made. But if WB is involved I would think this is more the legitimate series.  So many ways to look at it.  From what I remember Blair's character is the type you think has it all together the (queen bee) and nothing pricks her hard shell only to see the layers of her hurt and disappointment slowly peeled away. She's sharpe and is quick witted.

Guest blossomnagr

I think having a qualified production team behind the project is a big plus. I do hope besides being a hit drama, it will also be a nice drama to watch. From MY's perspective, I think it is a good opportunity for her to show different sides as an actress and attract wider audience.Working with well known directors and actors are gonna help her prosper career vise.  But I really hope it won't be too primitive and Cinderella story drama. I don't mind it being silly show that is fun to watch and interesting to follow. Hope more news will be revealed in the nearest future. 

Guest blossomnagr

Have you seen our recent beautiful gifs yet? here they are :x
Follow us on http://sweetestpmy.tumblr.com/

tumblr_nm1l8zVrLT1ur5j77o2_250.giftumblr_nm1l8zVrLT1ur5j77o3_250.giftumblr_nm1l8zVrLT1ur5j77o1_500.gif
tumblr_nm1l8zVrLT1ur5j77o4_250.giftumblr_nm1l8zVrLT1ur5j77o5_250.gif

@JzzMeen please kindly check your twitter pm, I sent you photos for my soompi signature. Thank you very much.

Guest springpebble

Greetings to you my fellow PMY ladies...I may not have contributed much in this forum but I just want to say thank you for all the updates.

Guest springpebble

Is it ok to start something here about PMY? Am not so sure, so, just please caution me if it's not and I'll delete it, thank you :-)I just want to start something here...I'll title it the FIRST TIME...the first time I saw/knew PMY, what was my feels and how until now am still into her? ;))
The first time I accidentally saw PMY was in SKKS when it was airing in my country. When I saw her face, I fell over heels in love with her innocent looks surrounded with 3 handsome guys. Gosh, she was so loveable in that role and to say I am not much into drama or telenovela but I went to buy a DVD of SKKS and rewatched it so many times just to look at her expressive face :-) Then I started to browse for her at the net and learned that she was the beautiful face of the advertisement Anya and the lead actress in City Hunter. CH was first aired in my country before SKKS and at that time I was unmindful of it or not really into the actors but when I learned PMY was the lead actress, I again went and bought a DVD of CH then learned to wait and watch for her succeeding dramas. I was recently a passive fan of PMY, just contented to read everything about her in all media outlets but because I want to confess my love for her as a fan, I exposed myself and delurked wehehehe:-) 
I have to admit, I was with you in drought when there was no news and updates of PMY; I felt your pain when she was bashed and you held your peace; and I felt your joy during her breakthrough. I guess, with that, I was into PMY 101%. Also, through PMY, I learned to watch  other Asian dramas and appreciate the likes of Ms. Ella Chen who has the same cheerful disposition as PMY. I learned also to appreciate the likes of these quotes relative to PMY:
"No matter how plain a woman maybe if truth and honesty are written across her face, she will be beautiful." - Eleanor Roosevelt"There is nothing more beautiful than someone who goes out of their way to make life beautiful for others." - Mandy Hale
Beautiful in my opinion has nothing to do with looks. It's how you are as a person and how you make others feel about themselves. This concludes my love story with PMY. Whay about yours? Tell me your story. :x :bz

Guest kyung-jin

itemprop="name"Park Min Young to star in the Chinese version of Gossip Girl

by CoCo Kdrama on Mon, Mar 30, 2015

70415161.2_99_20150330055121.jpg

Park Min Young has officially decided on her next new drama after the hit Healer, and this time she will play the lead role in the Chinese version of Gossip Girl. 

The Chinese drama is based on the original American drama Gossip Girl. Warner Brothers and a Chinese production company are co-producing the drama, and Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage, who produced the original version, will also participate in the production. The original version was about the high class teenagers in Manhattan; on the other hand, the Chinese version will be about wealthy young adults in their twenties in China. The drama is set in Shanghai, but it will also be filmed in NYC. The press conference will be held on a large scale, and shooting will start at the end of April. It will be aired at the end of this year. The production agency has focused on the popularity of Park Min Young in the Chinese market, so it predicts that it will be very popular in both Korea and China. 

What do you think of seeing Park Min Young in this remake? Do you think they should do a Korean remake of Gossip Girl as well? Comment below! 

You can see Park Min Young in her recent hit series Healer.

Source: http://www.dramafever.com/news/park-min-young-to-star-in-the-chinese-version-of-gossip-girl-/

I wonder how she would look like as the heroine of GG chinese ver.!! :-?PMY fans in DC gallery were talking about it too~ kkk ;))Perhaps we will see her like these pictures..? 
642efcf07df7ed27f0fb6350ea745724_zps51cn
bb3_zpseg2lqiqr.jpg
bb1_zpsmwsfw46f.jpg

bb2_zpsxkpi1tkz.jpg
bb4_zpsgzjc44ng.jpg
2077753305_cd924a63_zpszpfzrb62.jpeg
oie_oie_overlay_zpsjhz8izx1.gif

all pictures are not mine

Guest treasure51

That's why they need Park Min Young for that character. To make it from one-dimensional to multi-dimensional . Pmy will make it become interesting character :)