Park Min Young 박민영 [ Amazon No.1 Hit Drama "Marry My Husband" 2024 |New drama 'The Confidence Man KR' (2025), start shooting! |'MY Beans Fanmeet' in Tokio Nov.8 | 2024 Asia Artist Awards Dec.27

OksanaSiytra

well the most anticipated for me is "she will become hero's wife" with bickering romance and "she will be skilled in martial art (if the story doesn't change". It seems her wish will be granted soon:

If possible, want to marry before age (35).

After returning from 2 year hiatus, I’m currently immersed in acting. I’m not good at multitasking (doing two things at once). I should probably fall in love again after I improve in acting. I want to try acting the role of a married woman after age 35. (ISPULS Interview Questionnaire) .

cr.O1230 via pmy ifans united blog

Edited by dandelionjd
  • Like 7

Guest treasure51

It will start shooting on May 22, and it will airing on August, perhaps? 

Hope chinese will release bts for this one :rolleyes:

It will start shooting on May 22, and it will airing on August, perhaps? 

Hope chinese will release bts for this one :rolleyes:

Yes, i hope eunsun or the actor's fans become stalker to this drama during shooting lol

Look this guy [挖鼻][挖鼻][挖鼻]

88d633e2gw1es8mes345wj20aa0dptab.jpg88d633e2gw1es8mes837aj20aa0dpabp.jpg(cr.jangham86 - Naver Blog) via kamlp

Wow our minyoung is super woman this year.

CFS0-UFUgAIs5MU.jpg

cr. translation cr. raine_evenstar via rachelpark26 (LINK for chinese article)

• Culture Depot (Park Min Young's agency) has confirmed that PMY will be joining Hans Zhang in a 30 episodes drama 'Braveness of the Ming'. Shooting will start this 21 May. (cr. raine_evenstar via PMY int'l fans twitter)
  • Some more news: the k-articles (tvreport.co.kr) say BOTM will be broadcast in 2016 (cr.mimi26)
  • Characters names: Park Min Young as XieYuFei, Hans Zhang as Xia Xun, Shawn Wei as Ji Gang, Jeremy Jones as Xi Men Jiang (cr. waitingforhealer via PMY int'l fans twitter)

PS.

• i cannot blame depot culture now cause it seems this company is more careful to their actress's project.
  • idk how many times to edit this post lol :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:
Edited by dandelionjd
  • Like 6

Guest amyR055

@dandelionjd Look like both of us had to apologized to Culture depot for complaining yesterday. LOL

(ohh just realize they have one more new actor under Culture Depot management)

I love Chinese period drama, their martial arts film and their costume. Can't wait to watch this drama but looks like we need to wait til 2016.

Btw, hi to the rest. I think this is my first post in Minyoung 's thread. But I have been following this thread for long long time already. With the new shooting, hopefully we will have more news about her all th etime.

Thanks to all old timers in this thread for your awesome csi-ing.

Edited by amyR055

@dandelionjd Look like both of us had to apologized to Culture depot for complaining yesterday. LOL

(ohh just realize they have one more new actor under Culture Depot management)

I love Chinese period drama, their martial arts film and their costume. Can't wait to watch this drama but looks like we need to wait til 2016.

Btw, hi to the rest. I think this is my first post in Minyoung 's thread. But I have been following this thread for long long time already. With the new shooting, hopefully we will have more news about her all th etime.

Thanks to all old timers in this thread for awesome csi-ing.

Yes, i hope they will not read our blaming here lol. Mimi said maybe it will be many spoiler/bts during shooting to promote this drama (hope it's true since minyoung is slow like snail in updating her sns lol):P. Happy to see ur first post here. :D

@dandelionjd, 2016?? Next year..oh i miss her.:tears:

Because the process of editing like dubbing etc so it needs more time. Dont be sad, it seems she has project (k-drama) in september. ;)

Edited by dandelionjd
  • Like 4

Hello all,

We were starved for news for so long and now there are a flood of updates and possibly 3 dramas to look forward to from MY. She really meant it when she said she "will work like a cow".LOL I had reconciled to her not doing CG and was getting excited for this project with the little info we have. I was so happy to see her photoshopped pic among the concept posters. This is the kind of revelations that make life wonderful, right? I had thought concept posters would only have some designs of the palace and the imperial guard quarters, did not think they would photoshop the actors' faces too. I felt so grateful to the design team for giving us confirmation even as a photoshopped poster. LOL (I have a sneaking suspicion that the design team would have grabbed on to her PJMG pics if fans hadn't beaten them to it with their own photoshop)  And then today, we get news she will be doing a Kdrama in September and may be CG as well later! It is one of the greatest days in the life of a fan or what!

Min Young seems to have taken Kim Myung Min's words to heart. So instead of waiting around till September, she decided to pick a project that was looking for a leading lady. I think it is a wise choice. Almost every k-actor is crossing over to China these days since it has such a huge market and MY has a solid fanbase in China already. The earlier the better, I feel! The news article says she took up this drama since CG was getting delayed. The other article which mentioned talking to the Culture Depot Officials also mention CG n says MY is trying to capture the attention of the Chinese audience with a historical drama and a modern drama. So looks like CG has just been postponed. My hunch is that MY won't give up on that one easily since it is an international production and it might be exported to Korea as well. The Chinese producers also want a K-actress since they want to sell it in Korea and other south asian countries, so they might also hang on to Min Young. Also, since CG is such a huge international production, it is better if she gets some inside experience of the Chinese drama industry and the audience before she starts filming for CG if she does it later. PMY's strength in the K-drama industry is that she can do both sageuks and modern dramas convincingly. I hope she is able to establish the same reputation in the Chinese industry as well.

@saved2k Haha. It is good that PMY fans have such different tastes. :) I am also feeling really excited about this project. If it is a good novel and the production is good, they can give us a nice drama.

My only proper experience watching a time-travelling chinese drama was with Bu Bu Jing Xin. That was such a classic that I feel I shouldn't compare or have the same expectations from this one. This one might be more focused on the martial arts part and our hero keeping the emperor alive. However, I hope they give us good political intrigue (that was something I really enjoyed in BBJX) and a meaningful romance and some fighting from our heroine too.

@dandelionjd Thanks a lot for regularly updating this thread with all the news. I enjoyed reading the reposts of her teacher's interview. It increases my confidence in Min Young as an actress when she enters a foreign industry since she is willing to listen and learn.

It seems we will have to be satisfied with spoiler pics n bts pics from the set (i trust our ensuns) until her korean drama in september. Hope we get to hear some news of her upcoming kdrama too.

I am excited to see the other actors too. Will they all have love-lines with Min Young's character? A fangirl can hope, right? lanlingwang-hanxiaodong1.jpg

Wei Qian Xiang (Shawn Wei)

20141107154846da820.jpg

Xu Zheng Zhi (Jeremy Jones)

Edited by mimi26
  • Like 8

I am excited to see the other actors too. Will they all have love-lines with Min Young's character? A fangirl can hope, right?

​lol those love lines will fire the bickering couple (oops u said that Xia Xun and XieYuFei have bickering romance right? lol). Btw is there any link for this novel (online version)?

Sorry for off topic. Since Hans Zhang is minyoung's future husband in this drama (read carefully "in this drama" lol) [甩甩手][甩甩手], here the profile of Hans Zhang:

5a79d960jw1es7o0p0f08j20mk0x91kx.jpg

• Name: 张翰 / Zhang Han
  • English name: Hans
  • Profession: Actor, singer and host
  • Birthdate: 1984-Oct-06

With the popularity of two seasons of Let's Watch the Meteor Shower, Zhang became famous overnight. He gained recognition for his appearance and acting skills. He received many endorsement deals for products and invitations to appear before the public, including in commercial campaigns and variety shows.

Filmography

YeartitleNotesRole
2008Turbulent Times狂暴Wang Xiaobing
2009Heavy Paws心心历险记Zhang Ming
2010Night Cry夜幕惊魂A-han
2010No Limit无极限Wu Jixian
2013Unpolitical Romance  
2013The Missing  
2015An Inspector Calls  
2015I'll Never Lose You  

Television

YearSeriesNotesRole
2008Special Squadron仰角or特别中队Tong Zixue
2008Wing Song大风歌Zhang Shizhi
2009Let's Go Watch Meteor Shower一起来看流星雨Murong Yunhai
2010Let's Watch The Meteor Shower Together Again一起又看流星雨Murong Yunhai
2011Fall in Love一不小心爱上你Qin Lang
2011Phoenix Totem凰图腾Duan Feihong
2012Secret History of Princess Taiping太平公主秘史Li Longji
2012The Queen of SOP胜女的代价Tang Jun/Tom
2013The Queen of SOP 2胜女的时代Hua Tian Qi
2014Boss and Me杉衫来了or杉杉来吃Feng Teng
2014A Different Kind of Pretty Boy不一样的美男子Gao YuanShu
2014Divas Hit the Road花儿与少年himself
2015The Four少年四大名捕Leng Xue

Drama (during his university life)

SeriesNotesRole
FamilySan Shaoye
Ivanov伊凡诺夫Lvov
Spider’s Web'蛛网A-han

Drama

YearSeriesNotesRole
2012Heroes in Sui & Tang Dynasties(Heroes of Sui and Tang)隋唐演义Lo Cheng - 罗成

Single songs

YeartitileNotes
2008Recall the Memories拾忆
2010Hand by Hand Once More再次牵手
2010Extreme Love极限爱恋

cr.wikipedia

waah he has so many projects this year and he has 22 million followers on weibo!! [抓狂][抓狂]

CFH1mnSUUAADkrE.jpg

cr.MinnyYoungie twitter

From dramafever:

What is indisputable is that Zhang Han is a popular and handsome actor. He has averaged 2 to 3 projects including dramas and movies every year ever since he shined brightly in both Meteor Showers. He can sing too.

PS.

• reading comments from international viewers about his past projects, it seems he is a great actor with multiple skills
  • @vvxen finally we got oppa here [泪][泪] (idk what is oppa in chinese lol) 
Edited by dandelionjd
  • Like 8

@dandelionjd Sis, I am also not far behind. I have already started my research on Hans Zhang. I checked out all the news on him in english and views on his acting in whatever forums I could get. I also checked out his early Happy Camp appearance with EXO's Kris. Now waiting for the Happy Camp with JCW and HZ to get subbed to watch that as well.

His weibo messages are quite fun to read (from the translations I found). Many liked his acting in Boss and Me, but some were sceptical of his performance in 'The Four', his 2012 historical drama, which was a mess from whatever comments I read. May be it was the drama's quality that was the problem, not his.

I would also love to get my hands on the novel in English. Lark told me the hero has many wives in the novel. :( That is a definite possibility since the times were like that. But when it comes to the drama, let's see if they change things. The news articles simply mention that Min Young is playing the hero's wife. I want more info on her character from the official sources.

• Like 5

Park Min Young Takes Over for Suzy in Upcoming Period C-drama Costarring Hans Zhang

Posted on May 19, 2015 by ockoala

undsh.jpg

With the way some K-drama castings have gone recently, and the general low pay long hours environment, it’s no wonder more and more actors and actresses are heading overseas to China to work. Last month there was quite the buzz over Suzy possibly being cast as the leading lady in an upcoming period C-drama. It would be her first overseas acting project and in a market that’s quite welcoming of popular K-stars. Ultimately it didn’t pan out but the production stuck with casting a K-star as Park Min Young has landed the role as the female lead of upcomingBraveness of the Ming (Chinese title 锦衣夜行 which means Imperial Guard Night Travels). The Ming dynasty had a specific name for imperial palace police called 锦衣卫 and this drama will be about that covert organization within a Ming dynasty intrigue and romance story. The leading man remains popular C-actor Hans Zhang, who looks equally fine in period or modern garb. Filming begins this summer for a year end premiere date.

undshs.jpg

undsns.jpg

http://koalasplayground.com/2015/05/19/park-min-young-takes-over-for-suzy-in-upcoming-period-c-drama-costarring-hans-zhang/

• Like 9

@dandelionjd Sis, I am also not far behind. I have already started my research on Hans Zhang. I checked out all the news on him in english and views on his acting in whatever forums I could get. I also checked out his early Happy Camp appearance with EXO's Kris. Now waiting for the Happy Camp with JCW and HZ to get subbed to watch that as well.

His weibo messages are quite fun to read (from the translations I found). Many liked his acting in Boss and Me, but some were sceptical of his performance in 'The Four', his 2012 historical drama, which was a mess from whatever comments I read. May be it was the drama's quality that was the problem, not his.

I would also love to get my hands on the novel in English. Lark told me the hero has many wives in the novel. :( That is a definite possibility since the times were like that. But when it comes to the drama, let's see if they change things. The news articles simply mention that Min Young is playing the hero's wife. I want more info on her character from the official sources.

Wow you do research a lot. Yes, it seems he's funny and easy going person (many selcas with his friends (girl), will be minyoung too? Kkkk.

I thought only emperor who has many wives, i hope the drama is different with the original one. The wives will reduce the bickering romance (i like bickering romance although it's cliche) When will she be in china? Today? 

Wanderer17 thanks for the link, hope the comments are not bad on miss koala's blog lol

Edited by dandelionjd
  • Like 4

Thanks guys for all the wonderful updates, i'm so thrilled for this new project, don't know why, so shooting should start on may 21st! when is she flying there, any new news on this!!!

This is a little OT, but since you wanted to wait for the subs for HC, her's a little cute fan video showing both JCW & Zhang Han

• Like 5

Guest treasure51

@ dandelionjd, in Chinese oppa = ge ge (read: ke ke) :D

And the three actors are so.. good looking

Lucky Minyoungie, always have handsome actors act with her

:rolleyes:

funny.. They commented abt ex - and recent.. 

{spoiler alert } Initial story concept for the "braveness of the Ming" thanks raine_evenstar for the rough trans!  (via rachelpark26)

CFYCU5OVAAAzlED.jpg

CFYCU03UEAEU7SP.jpg

note:

Park Min Young as XieYuFei

Hans Zhang as Xia Xun

Shawn Wei as Ji Gang

Jeremy Jones as Xi Men Jiang

• reem: when is she flying there, any new news on this!!!

>her agency said "soon" (i'll not blame them again since this agency is secretive like their actress lol). Idk it's true or not :PMY will be going to china tomorrow.

• vvxen, reem : tomorrow or later it will be flood of many opinions, let's see, i'm curious..
  • treasure51: ge ge? it sounds awkward for me, oppa is better and cute :phew:.  if they keep bringing lmh, it will be fan war between sz fans and minyoung fans, tsk tsk tsk
Edited by dandelionjd
  • Like 7

Park min young IG update..

trans: coming all the way to the airport but not able to see (you all), Im crying T_T please go back safely, Ill use the beautiful presents well, <3, ill go and be back safely #iloveyou #missingyoualready.

translation credit to: @raine_evenstar. thanks as always chingu <3

Edited by rachelpark26
  • Like 7