Park Min Young 박민영 [ Amazon No.1 Hit Drama "Marry My Husband" 2024, Fanmeeting in Korea|New drama SOON! ]

OksanaSiytra

Guest Eileen531

Thanks OO1230 and blossomnagr for supplying the link and for translating it for us.  Really enjoyed reading this article.  It cleared up a lot of overlapping information at the same time filled in the gaps too.  Happy face here. 

BTW, I have been a silent lurker here for years and only recently got the gist of soompi due to Healer but I have known Pmy's sight from years ago.  Sadly I thought it had stopped but now realize it was during her drought and that there just wasn't too much to update.

Hello Mimi, if you remember me from PMYifansf/b (that is a mouthful) lol.  We use to chat a bit back then and now I see you have been here all along.  I am a slow learner. 

Anyway, I hope to participate as much as possible.  I find myself going from knowing nothing about soompi to checking 3 or 4 soompis a day.  My life has changed, for the better. 

Hello everyone and I've enjoyed reading your post. :)  

Guest blossomnagr

Dear @eileenbarrett531_at_gmail.com_stv welcome to the thread. I have seen several of your comments on pmyifans fb page. Happy to see you here. 
Here is some news. Can't wait to see and read the interview 

[News Photos] Feb 27, 2015 
# Park Min Young # ISPLUS interview

cre: lark and kamlp weibo

10984570_1546024235650803_4751198989497911009175_1546024228984137_24954164750920551562_1546024128984147_5696321008297324

11018780_1546024138984146_2426611278544710393150_1546024125650814_1378468136821911021230_798172350229898_7833511292746058939_1546024122317481_221817449026658437

Guest Eileen531

Thank you blossomnagr, I don't get a chance to check the fb page as much as I use to but I try once in a while.  You're one of the moderators, correct?  It changed a few times but I remember.  Love the information and of course PMY.  So happy for her and us, yayay!
Anyway, I look forward to the translated interview.  It looks to be a more casual one and the food looks delicious. haha. 

Thank you @mimi26 and @OO1230 for the wonderful translations! Much appreciated! 
The more interviews I read from Park Min Young, the more I love her. She's so grounded, thoughtful and well spoken. (Writer Song has really accomplished the goal of helping PMY gain women's love)
I especially like her independent mind-set. Love is all well and good but you must find yourself first. Don't rely on another person to be happy. I'm glad she's going to focus on work, her passion. All the best to her in life, work and love (whenever the right time and person comes). But then again, I also really like that PMY is a romantic at heart. Aren't we all? 

I would like to thank the translators. You ladies rock!
I liked reading PMYs perspective of life and love.
It is a very realistic approach. If love does come, in the right time, of course you have to grasp it.
I do hope that a certain person does get a hold of her and cherish her for a long time.
She deserves all that much love and more.

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 23px; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible;"Park Min Young Is Afraid to Get Back into Dating ehk38 February 27, 201502Park Min Young Is Afraid to Get Back into Dating

In a recent interview with media outlet Daily Sports, actress Park Min Youngshares candidly her thoughts on dating.

She says, “Do I have time to date right now? I’ve had projects back to back and am soon leaving for China. When I get back I’ll have another project. Although my management agency doesn’t really care about dating, I don’t have time. I didn’t believe in not having enough time to date, but I think it’s really possible.”

On whether she is lonely, Park Min Young shares, “An actress has to [date] too. However, maybe it’s because I’ve been so busy, but I don’t really [experience loneliness]. It’s not really courteous to have a boyfriend when you have only two hours to sleep. My top priority is acting, and it’s not love if my lover is not my first priority. I suppose I’ll meet someone when I take a breather from acting.”

She continues, “I have a lot of fear about starting [a relationship]. It’s been a while since I dated, and the thought of starting again makes me fearful.”

Meanwhile, Park Min Young recently revealed the lessons she learned during her two-year hiatus and how her break cultivated in her a new thirst for acting. She also recently wrapped up “Healer,” her second drama since her hiatus.

Source (1)

Guest blossomnagr

Here are some more from the Isplus drinking Interview  Translated from chinese translation, if there are any error from korean, please kindly correct, thanks!  
Isplus Interview Questionnaire by MinYoung (her answer inside the brackets)
1. Best character you acted as up to this point. (YoungShin)
I like all my characters but YoungShin I think I especially like. Actors shouldn't say "best" easily, but Youngshin is my most favorite one. Yoonhee from Sungkyunkwan Scandal has been replaced in my heart.
2. First time I drank. (Secret)Isn't this question a bit hateful? (laughs)
3. Best partner/co-star? (I won't fall for this)Whoever it is, you guys will latch on for sure.            
4. Want to collaborate with (Josh Hartnett) once.There are many Korean actors, Josh Hartnett's sexy and deep expressive eyes have a lot of charm.     
5. Song that I like to sing at karaoke. (In the Dream)I recently went out to eat with the staff from my managing company, and I sang Lena Park's "In the Dream". Even though I'm not that great at singing, but it's doable.
6. Song I hum to recently is (Healer OST).Our drama has lots of great songs, I frequently listen to them while on the move and hum along.     
7. Best part I like about my body. (Eyes)I like my eyes the most, aren't they bright/sparkly?
8. If possible, want to marry before age (35).After returning from 2 year hiatus, I'm currently immersed in acting. I'm not good at multitasking (doing two things at once). I should probably fall in love again after I improve in acting. I want to try acting the role of a married woman after age 35.
9. Alias is (미뇽이 / Minnyuongie).There are lots where one's own name is used as alias, it's 미뇽이. I uploaded a lot of pictures on SNS using that name too.
10. My mobile messenger 대문글/front page message. (Nothing)Really nothing, I didn't write anything there.
11. (Tell Me) is the shameful history I want to erase. I danced to Wonder Girls' "Tell Me" at the 2007 KBS Awards. It's the same right now, as the newcomer's award candidate for that year, I danced for the award opening ceremony. It's a video I do not wish to ever see again, please don't look for it.   12. Recently I'm immersed in (acting).There's a fire burning within my heart. After finishing the drama series in China, I'll return to Korea and most likely do another drama series. I came back from a long hiatus so I'll most likely take on lots of projects.
13. I cried recently because of (Myung Hee).Do Ji Won-sunbae-nim. I feel sad for Myung Hee in Healer.
14. Moment you're the happiest after debut. (Right now)I'm not just saying, I really feel like right now I'm the happiest. As an actress returning after 2 year of hiatus, it feels the same. I feel like I achieved success on that point. So I'm the happiest now no?
15. Last Kiss (1 week ago)Haha, last time was the kiss scene in the drama Healer with JCW. If it's in love, it's been a really long time.

all translation cre from Chinese into English to @raine_evenstar 

The Chinese translation doesn't state the news outlet so not sure the source but most probably ISPLUS... 
PMY:

"I want to do something fun these days, then will I no longer have any regrets for my project Healer~? Just speaking for myself, I personally have no regrets because I was able to challenge such fun acting. Of course, it's impossible to not be physically tired. The last scene in Healer was filmed at the rooftop of the KBS branch building at Yeo Ui Do, Seoul. At 6:30 in the morning, we drank beer while filming kiss scene. Because it was so cold, the foam of the beer froze, that's how cold it was."

"The fight with the cold weather is the same in romantic scenes. JungHoo's secret lair that appeared in the drama is a seriously cold place. When I went to film there, the staff placed a heating mat which wasn't there before on the bed beforehand. It was really warm, I would crawl inside to sleep when I'm on standby. My face would be swollen when I wake up, but I'd need to kiss with Changwook. To tell the truth, one side of my face felt like it was freezing, it was so cold. The place was also quite dirty and had a lot of dust everywhere. But compared to me, that place is Changwook's main filming site, he really suffered a lot."

"Watching Changwook filming from the side, I really feel he suffered a lot (worked too hard). His character quality and personality goes without saying, he has a clear direction in his acting. He can pinpoint the way for both of us to work with more synergy/chemistry, I received a lot of help from him. I met a really excellent partner. Yoo Ji Tae-sunbae is really great, being responsible for such a difficult and lonely character. He silently helps me in the drama and also in real life. I'm always thinking, it's fortunate to meet such a cool sunbae!"

"Even though Healer's ratings among the Mon-Tues dramas is a bit regrettable, but our drama crew received a red envelope (ie. reward money) from KBS, isn't that such an uneasy accomplishment! Us actors would frequently talk among ourselves how "The ratings aren't everything, and that our content is full of power", things like that. The writer and director, and everyone, we were able to focus on what's important, and gave it our all toward a powerful ending."

"Among my previous works, my favorite character is Yoon Hee from SungKyunKwan Scandal, but right now I think I love Chae Youngshin more. Unlike a lot of passive female characters in dramas where the male is the hero, Chae Youngshin is a character with her own opinions, and someone who will reach out her hand first. Very cute."

Credit  to: Park Min Young International Fans United (FB)

Park Min Young interview: http://isplus.joins.com/article/390/17239390.html?cloc=
Park Min Young ↔ Ji Chang Wook, actually who leads the kiss scene

- How much your capacity of alcohol"1 bottle of soju. I drink quite well, right? But even if I only drink a cup, my face will come up red. Righ now also reddens."
- Do you drink often"If there's situation, I drink. But I don't drink deliberately. I know how to drink moderately and enjoy it. Cannot drinking at all also not attractive, right? (laugh)"
-How about injection"There's no special injection. As I told you before how much my face turning red."
- The work ended successfully"So far, because I have many fears, I only picked roles that I can do it well. This time finally I took off the shell and came out. I wanted to totally break the mold and exceed the line, now I'd say I have the courage. Since I've got willingness to challenge, this work really has a deep meaning."
- Dance, sing... even not hesitate (showing) ugly lookOriginally I have many excitement. Meanwhile there was no chance the work book to be shown. What courage I have sing and dance in front of JCW who is good in singing and YJT who's dance majored. Afterwards even if no one asked, on the spot I (knew and then) danced and enjoyed."
- There was a lot of curse"While I was living as YS, I got (how to) curse. I have a trauma because in the past when I cursed in front of my mom I got an awful anger (*mom scold me enormously*). Now I can do/say any curse. At first the curse accent was awkward. Like learning foreign language, I learn every syllable one by one. Because many people around me who curse a lot, should I say it fortunate? (laugh)"
- As YS you didn't wear pretty clothing often"However because YS was a reporter, rather than utmost adornment I think wearing casual clothing was fit. Since it was casual look, for the first time I wore male clothing while filming drama."
_ You didn't upset"Not at all. In ep 10 there was scene I wore red dress. Probably for that scene, seems like I wore more casual clothes. When I wore like that (*more casual clothes*) and then I wore the red dress that sticks to body, the reaction was good. Rather than pretending very pretty it looked easygoing. Still it was pretty clothing. (laugh)"
- Not going to look prettyThat's right. In order to look a little bit uglier, I changed my hairstyle about 3 times. I made my hairstyle seems not being cared (*pay attention*) and I used no make up (bare face) or a make up that makes no difference."
- It was success"My mom said 'you have to look natural, so people like you' and this time she liked it very much. She's so objective."
- Has been free"Regardless of camera or surrounding eyes, I acted and put down everything. Feel like finding the raw of me. I felt that kind of openness/liberation. Because I threw away the greed, as an actress I became free. My body and soul are comfortable and I don't have other/worldly thoughts, so the desire for acting keep coming out."
- How was deep kiss scene with JCW"It was kiss scene in 4 years (*kiss scene I had after 4 years*). Since there was many affectionate scene, people around me asked if it's okay. Since JCW led well and I followed, there was not really a burden. Fortunately when filmed kiss scene I wore beanie and it covered (half of) my face so I could hide the emotion."
(But JCW in interview said thanks PMY because she led)
- There was bed scene"It seems like bed scene but not bed scene. That time it was very hard for me (*because it was very cold and she was sick*), staffs who knew it spread electric mat inside the bed. Slowly I fell asleep. The full-shot showing I was sleeping but I was really sleeping. (laugh) until the director was about to say 'Youngshin, you have to stop sleeping' I slept well."
- Would you show interesting article"In fact, I felt compared to articles there's more amusing articles. Instead of a fruitful content, they wrote based on searches. I was going to see an article recipe, when I clicked, all of them have same content. Only changed the title, the content is still. There's many see-worth articles, too bad they were obscured."
- 연예부 기자가 아니라 데스크 다 됐네요. (It mention about entertainment reporter and desk. I've no idea what it really means)"Since I became an entertainment reporter, 5 months I perused all the entertainment articles. Originally I didn't read entertainment articles much, but every day I saw entertainment news in 3사 포털 (3사 portal). I found out in a row who and what work he/she get into."
-Fortunately there's no acting controversy"I receive and read the writer's script, if I act accordingly there won't be any acting controversy/dispute. Friendly fingerprint (literally) and sufficient dialogue, those are not a respect of writer. I just did (acting) accordingly. Fortunately in acting I didn't get curse."
-sorry if there's any miss-translation-

Guest blossomnagr

15.02.28 01:28  NAJING1219 (micro blog update)

"Today went to Caudi park wondering whether I'll be able to see Park Min Young and suddenly met her at the door. I was excited and took a few pictures with her. City Hunter actress and played a heroine of the Sungkyunkwan Scandal is just as good as in TV-Dah! "

1454636_798548090192324_1520954455785353

And my question, where is this park? PMY glasses is the same one as on her IG update, so can it be she is still in Spain? or is she somewhere in Asia already?

gaudi or caudi....if it is gaudi park it's in Barcelona...... wowww ...pmy enjoy the time away from home and even we missess you, i know when you get back we will see more of you and hoping for more interview from your trip...and hoping for more pic and add some vid too... on the trip you did pls.

remember we are always here for you...take care....we love you..

Guest blossomnagr

Thanks @swcheeks for info

Yes, she seems still in Spain. Another fan posted a photo of Park Min Young said 'Park Min young is pretty and slim' and pointed the location Passeig de Gràcia

cre: _Serena酱 weibo 

9959ac33jw1epoj8nrrqoj20hs0hsq54.jpg

@eileenbarrett531_at_gmail.com_stv yes, I am one of the admins on PMYIFANSUNITED Fb page :)