Kang Dong-Won 강동원 [Upcoming movies: “The Plot”, “Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

class="at_ttl" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; list-style: none; font-size: 30px; line-height: 35px; letter-spacing: -0.03em; clear: both; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;"Kang Dong Won Says Song Hye Kyo Can Really Cursemy-palpitating-life.jpg?w=600

Kang Dong Won recently praised his co-star Song Hye Kyo on her work in the film "My Palpitating Life."

Not only is she a good actress, he said at a recent press conference, but she is also an excellent student. He taught her how to swear and she surprised him with her mastery of those curse words.

"You can hear Song Hye Kyo's tough swear words in this film," he said.  "Audiences will also get to see the easygoing and wild side of her as well."

Kang Dong Won has worked with some talented female co-stars but none of them have mastered the art of swearing as well as Song Hye Kyo." 

"She swore the best out of all the actresses I've seen," he said. "I can only think of Song Hye Kyo when it comes to swearing, making me forget all other actresses who swore in previous projects."

Song Hye Kyo said that it was not the first time that she heard people swear so that gave her an advantage.

"I have many people who are good at swearing around me. So I also learned it from them. Kang Dong Won also uses the dialect from Gyeongsang province and that has its own curse words as well. So I mixed that in as I learned how to swear."

But there's always more to learn.

"Song Hye Kyo has the potential to become the best student in swearing," said her co-star. "I hope that she will mix in some English words too when she acts in the future."

Talking that way did not come easily to the actress.

"The director really wanted me to swear realistically," she said. "But at first, I felt awkward because I wasn't used to swearing. But then later on I wanted to hurry up and finish it so I think I swore out of frustration."

It's the second time the actors worked together. They are both represented by the same agency and previously co-starred in "Love For Sale," a film also known as "Camellia."

"My Palpitating Life" is a film adaptation of a bestselling novel about a couple, whose son has progeria, a disease that causes him to grow prematurely old.

Song Hye Kyo also praised Kang Dong Won's acting in the film, saying he is passionate about his character.

The two have remained friends since they worked together the last time. The fact that they spend time together in real life makes his performance all the more impressive, she said.

The film "My Palpitating Life" is set to premiere on Sept. 3.

Copyright ⓒ 2014 KDramaStars.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

Guest AnJilaah

Ooh Kang Dong Won's Vogue pictures are out! These are only B cut (but it already look so good!). A cut and interview soon! can't wait
01200201000055601_1.jpg

01200201000055603_1.jpg

01200201000055605_1.jpg

Photo Credit: Vogue Korea

class="main-title"Kang Dong Won – Song Hye Kyo to Reunite in a Film ‘My Brilliant Life’ as a Married Couple!

Posted on Aug 5, 2014

[WIKI KPOP = LEE, YI SEUL Editor]

Song Hye Kyo, Gang Dong Won / photo = Han Kwang Ho photographer

Song Hye Kyo, Gang Dong Won / photo = Han Kwang Ho photographer

Song Hye Kyo and Kang Dong Won reunited in a film.

A press conference for <My Brilliant Life> was held at Apgujeong CGV in Gangnam in August 4. Song Hye Kyo, Kang Dong Won and director Lee Jae Yong made appearances at the event.

Song Hye Kyo is cast as 33 years old mom ‘Mira’ who has a 16 year old son. The actress said “My character in the film and I have similar age. Mira is bright, outgoing, and immature person but I had no trouble acting out the role”.

She continued “Mira is a mother who’s like a friend to her son and if I become a mom in the future, I would be like ‘Mira’. People say that daughters resemble their moms and my mom has always been like a friend”.

When the press asked her whether she had difficulty expressing maternal expression, she answered “I played a role of a young parent who was about to say good bye to her child, so I didn’t really focus on maternal love. When I first received the script, I though I should treat my son like a friend, and that feeling just naturally came out of me”.

Gang Dong Won / photo = Han Kwang Ho photographer

Gang Dong Won / photo = Han Kwang Ho photographer

Kang Dong Won, playing the male lead ‘Dae Soo’, said “When I first read the script, I liked the way it expressed characters’ inner emotions. There wasn’t any point that didn’t make sense to me and that’s how much I was satisfied with my role. Dae Soo resembles my real character the most among any other roles I’ve played in the past”.

He is from Kyungsang province and his character is also using Kyunsang dialect and Kang Dong Won said “It’s been a while since I moved to live in Seoul, so it was hard to find the meet point. I tried to use dialect that is between Kyungsang province and Seoul”.

Kang Dong Won and Song Hye Kyo talked about their life in 20s and 30s.

Reminiscing her 20s, Song Hye Kyo said “My 20s just passed by so fast. I regret that I didn’t do more projects in my 20s. By the age of 30, I realized what I am doing and I’ve just started to have fun in acting”.

Kang Dong Won explained “I made a debut in my early 20s and have been acting since then. I never want to go back to that time. I lived fiercely and I still am living a fierce life”.

Song Hye Kyo / photo = Han Kwang Ho photographer

Song Hye Kyo / photo = Han Kwang Ho photographer

For the last word, Song Hye Kyo said “It’s been a while since I starred in a film in Korea, so I have more affection for this upcoming film. We filmed with positive energy and I wish it gets passed to the viewers. I wish our viewers feel the warm love for their family through our film”.

Kang Dong Won stated “While filming, I kept asking myself what family means. I was a meaningful film that let me look back my teenage years through twenties. You will ponder a lot after watching this film”.

Movie <My Brilliant Life> unfolds a story of a young couple who had a son at the age of 17, and now the son is 17 suffering from progeria, a genetic disorder that displays early signs of aging.

The movie will be released in September 3.

http://www.wikikpop.com/blog/archives/19332

Guest xyzebra

@AnJilaah, Thank you so much for the B-cut pics! KDW looks so effortlessly chic here that I am willing to overlook the fact that he paired a suit with sneakers...and white sneakers at that! If he can make geriatric fashion look cool, I am sure he can rock the sandal over socks style as well;) 

Guest missluffy

1. Couple Pic
001_zpsfe99b335.jpg~original

Dior-Homme-Fall-Winter-2014-Collection-9

2. Single Pic
003_zps34ce6623.jpg~original

Dior-Homme-Fall-Winter-2014-Collection-1

005_zps98f0dd32.jpg~original

DIO_0074.320x480.JPG Dior-Homme-Fall-Winter-2014-Collection-1

class="commentDescriptionContent" style="margin: 0px; color: rgb(23, 23, 23); font-size: 15px; font-weight: normal; line-height: 20px; max-width: 600px; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, 'ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W3', 'Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro', メイリオ, Meiryo, 'MS Pゴシック', arial, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Dior Homme Fall-Winter 2014-2015 Menswear
3.Shoes
dior-homme-2014-fall-winter-footwear-col
Wardrobe : DIOR HOMME FALL/WINTER 2014 COLLECTION

class="title_sec" style="text-align: center; font-size: 28px; margin: 0px 0px 15px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(39, 41, 42); line-height: 34px; font-weight: normal; font-family: Georgia, 돋움, Dotum, Helvetica, AppleGothic, sans-serif; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Kang Dong-won and Song Hye-kyo’s Vogue cuts revealed20140814001191_0.jpg
20140814001192_0.jpg
20140814001193_0.jpg
20140814001194_0.jpg
Actor Kang Dong-won and Actress Song Hye-kyo, who recently shot film "My Brilliant Life," reunited for a fashion shoot with Vogue Korea. Show the pictorials and Song Kang in Trench Coats and other chic Fashion pictured in Black and white. 
 By Cho Han-na, Intern Reporter(hnncho@heraldcorp.com) (Creative Commons Credit: Vogue Korea) Korean Herald | August 14 2014

class="tit_detail" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding: 17px 0px 13px; border-style: none none solid; border-bottom-width: 3px; border-bottom-color: rgb(73, 79, 95); outline: 0px; font-family: Arial, verdana, dotum, AppleGothic, 'Lucida Grande', Tahoma, gulim, Arial, helvetica; vertical-align: top; line-height: 36px; width: 740px; font-size: 28px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-weight: normal; margin-bottom: 0px !important;"BTS Pics from Kundo Set
credit Showbox FB Page | August 12 201410582873_692940574116389_655657698978811
class="tit_detail" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding: 17px 0px 13px; border-style: none none solid; border-bottom-width: 3px; border-bottom-color: rgb(73, 79, 95); outline: 0px; font-family: Arial, verdana, dotum, AppleGothic, 'Lucida Grande', Tahoma, gulim, Arial, helvetica; vertical-align: top; line-height: 36px; width: 740px; font-size: 28px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-weight: normal; margin-bottom: 0px !important;"
[Kundo] ‘Jung-Woo Ha’ and ‘Dong-Won Kang’, Comes out from under the shadows of [Roaring Currents]
2014081313502837437_1.jpg

[Kundo], which was released on 23rd of last month, premiered with 55,000 audiences on its first day of showing. Moreover, the viewers increased to 1,000,000 on the 3rd day, 2,000,000 on the 4th day, and 3,000,000 on the 5th day.

[Kundo] took on [Roaring Currents] on its 2nd week of showing, and its audiences decreased to about 100,000 people per day. [Kundo] broke through 4,000,000 viewers on the 1st of last month, which was the 10th day of its screening. This indicates, [Kundo] broke through the break-even point after 21 days of showing.

[Kundo] sets its background at the latter stage of Chosun. It is about a story of ‘Choo Sul’ from Kundo Jiri Mountain whom rebels against the richest man in Naju, ‘Yoon Cho’ (‘Dong Won Kang’). ‘Jong Bin Yoon’, who has directed [Nameless Gangster: Rules of the Time], directed [Kundo], and ‘Jung Woo Ha’, ‘Dong Won Kang’, ‘Sung Min Lee’, ‘Dong Suk Ma’, ‘Jin Woong Cho’, ‘Ji Hye Yoon’, ‘Kyung Young Lee’, and etc. perform in the movie.

Reporter : Yi Seul Ahn
Translator : Ahra Cho
KoFan | August 14 2014

If Kang Dong Won itches to make a Korean drama comeback in the future, his best bet would probably be with cable networks. He is a prudent man, so the fans have nothing to worry about.

I have some kdw's exclusive pics in Thailand on August 11 night at BKK Suwannaphum Airport...editted: he was coming back SK to attend the naver talk live on 12.he just had a private trip in thai.
my friend post these pics on her INS but it already spread to kdw dc... :P

gd32Ru.jpg

credit as tagged

Guest rjuliet

so kdw went to thai before naver movie talk? oh wow cool oceanluv, u met him in 2009? he looks very handsome in casual outfit...

Guest ohsooyoung

From now on I'll call him "Man in Black or Mr. Polka dot :D Hope his desire to make a tv comeback will happen next year. Love and support Wonnie's project he does,I don't see anything wrong if he decides to return to small screen. Anyway MPL for the win!!!! Papa Dae-Soo Aja Aja fighting!

^@rjuliet NO, he left from thai on August 11 night so he could join the naver talk LIVE on 12. :)
yep, met him in 2009, he is easy-going but a bit shy, but that day at the airport he got a cold, his face was quite pale but still looked goood. (he took off his mask when greeting my friends and me. ^ ^)