Other-language Remakes Of Korean Songs

Guest chaserj7

Guest shinhwahwah

flytothesky-the condition of my heart wz remake in english by justin sumding.i 4got his last name but he wz 2nd place in america idol.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

S.H.E did not re-make ShinHwa`s T.O.P or DBSK`s Tri-Angle, all these songs just had the same parts of the same classical piece in their music, they were not re-makes ..

Actually...I somehow think S.H.E's song has more to do w/ Sweetbox's "Superstar"

Wow! That's a lot of remakes right there and I'm guess that's not all. I know everybody remakes before, but it just seems Chinese is the most unoriginal one. I think there's a lot of Chinese songs remade into Vietnamese too. Not very sure though, but what's pathetic is the remakes are usually not really good.

Guest Enchanted

There is a Korean version of Meteor Garden themesong. There are two cantonese version for Because I'm A Girl and a Mandarin version.

Guest chaserj7

There is a Korean version of Meteor Garden themesong. There are two cantonese version for Because I'm A Girl and a Mandarin version.

woww would you happen to know the title of that remake??? i heard it once before in a restaurant but i didn't know what it was called. but i loved it better than the chinese original!

Guest mflonine

Korean To Others...

JTL - When Did You Stop Loving Me : Takki & Tsubasa - True Heart (Japanese)

wasn't the japanese version the original...?

Ok i finally found some of the H.O.T/JTL song being remake from chinese singer

Candy-Amy-My

Illusion-Edison Chen

You're fast I'm slow-Karen Mok

A song for lady-Dave Wong

From Fan - 张智成's version-Zhang Zi Cheng

From Fan - 萧亚轩's version-Elva Siu

Bow Wow-Pan Wibur

A better day-Andy Lau

Enter the dragon-Energy

Credit:sou@DTH

Guest hillz3388

wow i never knew that HALF OF THOSE CHINESE SONGZ I HEARD WERE A REMAKE OF THE ORIGINAL KOREAN SONGZ!! like those EDISON ONES!!

the one of EDISON and TWINS were from Koyote?!

Hmmm speaking of Karen Mok doing a remake...i think she did a remake of a korean song...was there a band called the JuJu club? or something like that?

Guest xoxdumkrngirlxox

flytothesky-the condition of my heart wz remake in english by justin sumding.i 4got his last name but he wz 2nd place in america idol.

No acuatly (dang i cant spell right now :crazy:) fly to the sky came out with the song first. Brian Mcknight gave them the song and he later gave it to justin

oh and the mandarin version of Kiss- Because I'm A Girl is called "The Days Without You" by Jill Xu/Hsu- which I thought was a pretty nice remake.

Personally I don't see it as people being "unoriginal" by doing remakes/covers of songs. I think it often benefits both sides- the original singers/writers whatever, get paid and it's not like they come out empty handed. It's also flattering because it indicates their music was great and it could perhaps give them some type of publicity as well.

Yeah some remakes are terrible - but I think sometimes having these remakes renews my love for the original songs that I've long forgotten or got bored of. I think of it as the more the merrier- it's always nice to hear sort of an "updated" version of the song even though the new singer may be butchering it completely.

Guest chaserj7

Candy-Amy-My

Illusion-Edison Chen

Bow Wow-Pan Wibur

A better day-Andy Lau

Enter the dragon-Energy

woww thanks so much for the info! but is it ok if you specify which songs are HOT and which ones are JTL, and what are the titles of the remakes? :sweatingbullets: sorry but i'm not a HOT/JTL fan so i really dont know the details.. thank you so much! :D

Candy-Amy-My

Illusion-Edison Chen

Bow Wow-Pan Wibur

A better day-Andy Lau

Enter the dragon-Energy

woww thanks so much for the info! but is it ok if you specify which songs are HOT and which ones are JTL, and what are the titles of the remakes? :sweatingbullets: sorry but i'm not a HOT/JTL fan so i really dont know the details.. thank you so much! :D

Its ok no problem!

H.O.T:

Candy-Amy-My

Illusion-Edison Chen

JTL:

Bow Wow-Pan Wibur

A better day-Andy Lau

Enter the dragon-Energy

There are some errors in your list.

First the Elva song was an original Chinese song. Park Yong Ha remade Elva's song. So its the other way round and not like what you said.

And Jang Nara - Friend was a remake of M2M's Pretty Boy.

Actually...I somehow think S.H.E's song has more to do w/ Sweetbox's "Superstar"

I have to agree with you. S.H.E's song has more to do with Sweetbox's Superstar than Shinhwa's T.O.P.

I mean seriously I know there are a lot of Chinese remakes of Korean songs out there, no one can deny that. But I think its really stupid when people say stupid stuff like OHH S.H.E copied Shinhwa's T.O.P! I don't even like S.H.E but give the Chinese a break la. They copied hella lot of Korean songs, no one can deny that and they can't run away from that.

I know the original poster already removed the S.H.E bit but I really have to say, it irks me when I see someone posting wrong stuff! (On other forums I see the S.H.E copies Shinhwa stuff a lot...)

There are some errors in your list.

First the Elva song was an original Chinese song. Park Yong Ha remade Elva's song. So its the other way round and not like what you said.

Really? I didn't think Elva's was the original and I wasn't sure if Park Yong Ha's was the original either- I kinda had the feeling that they both got it from another singer- I just remember watching Elva's vid and the composer was a European name (not saying that they may never be collaborating with Asian artists) but I think it's usually rare that they do- so I figured she may have remade it as well.

Archived