Other-language Remakes Of Korean Songs

Guest chaserj7

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest V-ni@star

there is a thread about this..

okay i used to listen to chinese song.. since i know the language. then one day i found out about k-pop.. really like it.

after i listen to lots of kpop n cpop, i found out my fav songs of c-pop actually remake of k-pop.. even the syle is the same, some of the dance routine, n the costume..

so angry about it.. feel betray...

better listen to the original one that the remake one rite???

so i stopped listen to c-pop..

the most anoying thing is c-pop fans claim that the remake songs r original from them n korean remake them.

wat the..???

please ppl get me the proof first bfr talk..

cover one or two osng is okay..

but most of their song n hits r cover...

if the style n concept r diff, it is better than rip off like that

Guest Tonyc402

there is a thread about this..

okay i used to listen to chinese song.. since i know the language. then one day i found out about k-pop.. really like it.

after i listen to lots of kpop n cpop, i found out my fav songs of c-pop actually remake of k-pop.. even the syle is the same, some of the dance routine, n the costume..

so angry about it.. feel betray...

better listen to the original one that the remake one rite???

so i stopped listen to c-pop..

the most anoying thing is c-pop fans claim that the remake songs r original from them n korean remake them.

wat the..???

please ppl get me the proof first bfr talk..

cover one or two osng is okay..

but most of their song n hits r cover...

if the style n concept r diff, it is better than rip off like that

You know its people like you that make me sick and fired up. FEEL betrayed? wtf? ok first of all , most CPOP ARTISTS do not copy KPOP SONGS. Only a few artists actually

even copy cover songs of KPOP and even if they did copy , they get licences from the company so they dont do it illegaly. Thats why I hate bands like Energy , Wilbur Pan and Jolin Tsai,

cuz they aint original . But DO NOT FRICKEN generalize CPOP MUSIC as being copiers of KPOP MUSIC just because of a few bad apples. HERES PROOF FIRST BEFORE TALKING: LISTEN TO PEOPLE LIKE KHALIL FONG , GARY CAO , FIR, JAY CHOU , ANSON HU , SODAGREEN , ASKA YANG , Hsiao Hung Jen, JAM HSIAO, JJ LIN, Kenji WU , XIAO YU , STEPHANIE SUN, DEEP

WHITE, ALAN KUO , DA MOUTH etc... You know what they all have in common? they all write their lyrics and play instruments and have great vocals and they dont COPY FROM OTHER

ARTISTS.

You think KPOP is so damn original? go listen to how much it sounds like western music . Hmm how about Hyori and her plagirism with Britney's song? how about Minwoo's M and how it

almost sounds like JT's song? KPOP has its shares of cover songs with American music too . Some double standard eh? Its ok for Korean artists are allowed to cover songs yet if its sung

by a different asian artists its considered untalented. hah! thats funny. Im just trying to open your eyes here because obviously you dont listen to enough CPOP music to even give it the

time of day and instead you listen to sh*tty artists and generalize how CPOP is so unoriginal and think they just copy KPOP music. Please.......

Im tired of how bias this forum is and how blinded most people like you are .

There is a large pool of talented CPOP artists and I guess you dont see that

Guest jaejoong.ro02

^ be the judge what song they copied. :crazy:

EDIT: Jay Chou is indeed the most original CPOP artist.

Guest Tonyc402

I laugh at the thought of people thinking that KPOP is that much more original since they have their share of cover songs as well.

Guest V-ni@star

You know its people like you that make me sick and fired up. FEEL betrayed? wtf? ok first of all , most CPOP ARTISTS do not copy KPOP SONGS. Only a few artists actually

even copy cover songs of KPOP and even if they did copy , they get licences from the company so they dont do it illegaly. Thats why I hate bands like Energy , Wilbur Pan and Jolin Tsai,

cuz they aint original . But DO NOT FRICKEN generalize CPOP MUSIC as being copiers of KPOP MUSIC just because of a few bad apples. HERES PROOF FIRST BEFORE TALKING: LISTEN TO PEOPLE LIKE KHALIL FONG , GARY CAO , FIR, JAY CHOU , ANSON HU , SODAGREEN , ASKA YANG , Hsiao Hung Jen, JAM HSIAO, JJ LIN, Kenji WU , XIAO YU , STEPHANIE SUN, DEEP

WHITE, ALAN KUO , DA MOUTH etc... You know what they all have in common? they all write their lyrics and play instruments and have great vocals and they dont COPY FROM OTHER

ARTISTS.

You think KPOP is so damn original? go listen to how much it sounds like western music . Hmm how about Hyori and her plagirism with Britney's song? how about Minwoo's M and how it

almost sounds like JT's song? KPOP has its shares of cover songs with American music too . Some double standard eh? Its ok for Korean artists are allowed to cover songs yet if its sung

by a different asian artists its considered untalented. hah! thats funny. Im just trying to open your eyes here because obviously you dont listen to enough CPOP music to even give it the

time of day and instead you listen to sh*tty artists and generalize how CPOP is so unoriginal and think they just copy KPOP music. Please.......

the rude ppl is you!!!!! putting word with bold n red!!! wt??

did u read that my fav c-pop songs r remake from k-pop!!!!!

please read first!!!!

i knew there r many talented artist in taiwan or china!!!

n i dont said kpop is original!!!

did i type it with the word that said "k-pop is original"????

Super Junior - Happiness

Đông Nhi - Oh! Happy day: http://nhaccuatui.com/nghe?M=jWeYdgJqnR

Ha Yoo Son - Question

Bảo Thy - Hy vọng: http://nhaccuatui.com/nghe?M=pB7AzFhEQ_

Young Uno ft LK - Hy vọng: http://nhaccuatui.com/nghe?M=yXSnagfvLM

Se7en - Crazy

Young Uno - Crazy: http://nhaccuatui.com/nghe?M=7zUBhImU3c

Lee Hyo Ri - Animotion

Minh Hằng - Lòng ích kỉ: http://nhaccuatui.com/nghe?M=zgcxgK5Qjg

That's some Korean's song was copied by Vietnamese singers

I has a long list but I can't post all because I don't have many time

I'm very ashamed because of Vietnamese singer:mellow:

Guest Tonyc402

the rude ppl is you!!!!! putting word with bold n red!!! wt??

did u read that my fav c-pop songs r remake from k-pop!!!!!

please read first!!!!

i knew there r many talented artist in taiwan or china!!!

n i dont said kpop is original!!!

did i type it with the word that said "k-pop is original"????

Im not rude , its because I hate people who generalize .Why would you say that you feel betrayed then? You even said yourself that you stopped listening to CPOP because of the remakes.The way you said things sounded like you were generalizing CPOP as a whole that it copies KPOP music. So please re-read what you were saying . That way nobody misunderstands what you say.

What are you trying to say? That you stopped listening to CPOP as a whole because of the remakes? or stopped listening to the certain CPOP artists that remade the original songs?

Guest huangmeixi

ARTISTS.

It's okay Tony. That girl sound likes she is like twelve with no real knowledge of Chinese music. There are lots of Chinese musicians that are way better than Kpop. The kpop music industry is barely getting by, whereas the talented cpop artists can sell millions of albums. I don't see how kpop can survive if it has to pimp themselves out to Japan, and learn to sing in languages that aren't even Korean.

So just relax, Cpop is getting better and better, with newer artists all the time. (Check out Carsick cars, they are getting some attention and I would say the frontrunner of the Beijing rock scene) And if these fools don't know it, then well whatever. They can still listen to kpop, but honestly, kpop is never going to be quite as diverse, and unless the South and North reunify, they're never going to have big enough of a market to actually improve the sorry state K entertainment is in now.

I like some kpop, but I seriously laugh at anyone who says cpop is unoriginal. It is anything but. If anyone wants recs, I'll rec you a lot.

Edit: But Thanks Tony, for saying everything the majority of us Chinese actually feel. I get so tired of hearing this nonsense all the time.

And oh, just so this isn't spam, my contribution to this thread:

Original: Jacky Cheung (Chinese) - Goodbye Kiss

Cover: MTLR (English) - Take Me to Your heart

Cover : Shin Hyesung (Korean) - Take Me To Your Heart (not sure if this was on his albums though, but it was on youtube)

Guest eternal_bliss

Two words to describe all this. Double Standards.

It's okay Tony. That girl sound likes she is like twelve with no real knowledge of Chinese music. There are lots of Chinese musicians that are way better than Kpop. The kpop music industry is barely getting by, whereas the talented cpop artists can sell millions of albums. I don't see how kpop can survive if it has to pimp themselves out to Japan, and learn to sing in languages that aren't even Korean.

Completely agree. One reason is because of downloads and leaks of albums. Not loyal enough to buy the album? Perhaps.

On a side note, how many times have DBSK sold a million-seller? Or at least over the 500,000 mark? [Don't they have around 8/900,000 official members? Maybe not everyone can afford one but not even half buy a CD. And there's the unofficial international fans too.]

----------

I see no need to bash or give up on cpop. Plus, it's two different languages. The language itself may give the song a whole new feel, plus minor changes in lyrics/notes. There's nothing wrong with an occasional cover in my opinion. But if the covers outnumber the original songs, you probably won't last long in the industry. Now if they copy the choreography and MV........I really have nothing to say. That's just imitating.

I feel that Chinese artists have their own talents and/or style. As with Koreans.

----------

I don't think I have any songs that aren't already listed.

Alice

Guest me_nnoccent

That album is full of remakes, apparently, and not just original Baby Vox ones.

"Sexy, Naughty, B***** Me," was also covered by a Norwegian model, Lene Alexandra.

is it.

IMO, her cover is better than both Tata's and Re.V's.

And I had no idea about "I Believe" being Carola's song!

I LOOOVE Carola! Go Eurovision! Haha.

She's Swedish, btw.

lols thanks, i new it! that Tata young did cover "sexy, naughty, b**chy"... but i think Tata young versions of i Belive and Sexy is way better then Baby vox and Carola and Lene

and yeah BBV re.V is whole cover and remakes but their only non cover are "Crazy", and "Why"

here is corala i believe **i have no idea if she is norw or swedish ~.~

does this one counts?

Sunshine after the rain by Alexander Klaws

Snow Dream by SM Town

Sunshine after the rain

there is also a japanese version too...

Guest gomu-band

So just relax, Cpop is getting better and better, with newer artists all the time. (Check out Carsick cars, they are getting some attention and I would say the frontrunner of the Beijing rock scene) And if these fools don't know it, then well whatever. They can still listen to kpop, but honestly, kpop is never going to be quite as diverse, and unless the South and North reunify, they're never going to have big enough of a market to actually improve the sorry state K entertainment is in now.

I like some kpop, but I seriously laugh at anyone who says cpop is unoriginal. It is anything but. If anyone wants recs, I'll rec you a lot.

Edit: But Thanks Tony, for saying everything the majority of us Chinese actually feel. I get so tired of hearing this nonsense all the time.

Cover : Shin Hyesung (Korean) - Take Me To Your Heart (not sure if this was on his albums though, but it was on youtube)

this is probably one of the most ignorant racist posts i've seen on soompi....

i knew some chinese people always need to bash korea....

i hope it makes you feel better....

Guest me_nnoccent

ORIGINAL- Persona

by: KANGTA

REMAKE- Chiec La (Vietnamese)

by: Andy Quach

lols i just want to recorrect stuff..

actually kangta cover it to from

Babyfaces american R&b singer song "loneliness"

here is another one

Multicyde - A better day

cover JTL - a better day

Guest huangmeixi

this is probably one of the most ignorant racist posts i've seen on soompi....

i knew some chinese people always need to bash korea....

i hope it makes you feel better....

I'm not trying to bash Kpop. I wouldn't be on a kpop forum if I didn't like some people.

But I do think Kpop is going downhill. Why? Because the originality isn't the way it was a long time ago, when H.O.T. was finest. I think Kpop was headed towards something really great then.

But then it really started going downhill when all the downloading happened. And now you've got manufactured bands like TVXQ who spend more time trying to learn Japanese than trying to create their own music. And that's something that's not going to stop unless Kpop becomes more profitable because they have to think of ways market their music. It sucks up energy that could be devoted to making better music. And yeah, Chinese music doesn't have to do that.

I agree my post sounds bad, but I don't think it is ignorant. I've listened to a lot of Korean artists here, probably more than the majority of people here, (even indie like Linus's blanket) and I don't think kpop is headed in a good direction right now. Everyone I see that's mainstream, that makes a lot of money are manufactured except for a few like SG Wannabe. Whereas Chinese mainstream hits are like Jay Chou, or Wangleehom or JJ Lin or Anson Hu who reached the top because of their music-making abilities and create music with their own style. I just think the Cpop industry allows for people like them to get famous more, which = artists, not manfactured pop.

But pm me if you want to talk more because this is starting to sound like Kbashing and is getting really off topic. I'm not trying to bash Korea as a whole and admire SM's business acumen very much and I think China lacks someone like him, but I simply don't see Korean music industry as going anywhere with the way it's set up.

Guest Tonyc402

Yes you are right , sorry but these things just get me fired up so bad.

Guest jaejoong.ro02

^ You seem to hate the world. Sorry but it reflects on your posts.

I like CPOP but the fact that they copy songs just degrade themselves.

See the proofs. Still, I'm not generalizing.

Guest Tonyc402

^ You seem to hate the world. Sorry but it reflects on your posts.

I like CPOP but the fact that they copy songs just degrade themselves.

See the proofs. Still, I'm not generalizing.

How am i hating the world? Sorry , but I dont like it when people make stupid reasons to hate.If they are going to say something , they better back it up with better facts.Its because people are so blinded by the fact that theres more to cpop then picking crap artists who copy kpop songs and its ridiculous to the point that a person made a thread called " Super Junior Would Own Everyone On America's Best Dance Crew! " on Korean Celeb Photo Section. Theres too much fangirl-ism/fanboyism in this forum. People are so blinded and dont even think realistically as if they think Kpop artists can do no wrong and that ALL of them are talented. And yes, I already know there are Chinese artists who do copy songs , but Im opening peoples eyes to be more openminded . There are talented artists out there who dont copy songs (Gary Cao , Jay Chao , Yoga Lin , Jam Hsiao, FIR, Wang Lee Hom , Anson Hu etc....). Kpop copies songs as well I hope you know, yet most of the time they are still praised like " omg , the kpop version is so much better then the original" but yet with other asian artists do it they are looked down upon and are known as untalented . Like wtf? talk about double standard. And you know what? Even if there are Chinese artists who copy songs , then listen to other artists. Its really not that hard if you try looking

If you actually read V-ni star posts , her post was pretty generalizing .Thats why it got me pretty fired up.

So if you are going to say that you think Im hating the world because it supposedly reflects from my "posts" , you better come up with better facts because there are reasons on why I say such things . I dont just say them out of the blue.

Archived