Other-language Remakes Of Korean Songs

Guest chaserj7

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest me_nnoccent

jang nara - 'friend' is a remake of S club 8 - 'pretty boy'

i think M2M have a version too and its better the S club...i perfer M2M version thouhg

and also there is a hmong version too...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest depressionalism

there's this Malay song which is the remake of OST Fullhouse Why by OnnMyung...but still i prefer the korean version..original is alwaes better

I'm not sure which came first but there's:

Loveholic: 그대만 있다면

Alan Luo: Hao Peng You

Neither.

Loveholic's version is also a remake of Weather Forecast's hit song in the 90s. Loveholic's leader Kang Hyun Min was also previously a member of Weather Forecast.

Guest LoveStoned

I don't like most re-makes, especially korean -> chinese and cantonese

I don't get why they have to remake the songs when they're so many original songs unsing? lol

If it's by the same singer into another language, I think that's ok. like sj songs sjm sing im still ok.

and Energy, why are they keep remaking korean songs. -.-

i very dislike them

Guest --dreamx

Cool - Aloha

Andy Hui & Evonne Tsu - Lian Ai Pin Lu

some remakes i listen to sound wierd.. especially in terms of the tune or the lyrics.

but i actually find lian ai pin lu okay (:

For more recent songs, there's Baby VOX rev's I Believe, its a remake of Tata Young's I Believe.

Guest me_nnoccent

Cool - Aloha

Andy Hui & Evonne Tsu - Lian Ai Pin Lu

some remakes i listen to sound wierd.. especially in terms of the tune or the lyrics.

but i actually find lian ai pin lu okay (:

For more recent songs, there's Baby VOX rev's I Believe, its a remake of Tata Young's I Believe.

lols actually tata young and bbv re.v both remake/cover form a norwegien wonmen named Carola Häggkvist

here is one,

Baby vox Re.V cover "Sexy" form Tata young - "Sexy, naughty, b*tchy"....but i dont know, maybe both of tata and bbv cover/remake it from someone els...

Guest __CHINA.DOLL

are you guys sure theres a cantonese version of

SnowFlake? i youtubed it and i cant seem to find it

does anyone know the name of the chinese name of Energy's version of HUG?

Guest kayzpal

and Energy, why are they keep remaking korean songs. -.-

i very dislike them

Yeah. And the remake songs are actually their hits. That's pretty annoying sometimes.

I've heard their albums and wow, they got heaps and heaps of remake tracks.

I just can't like the Chinese remakes of Korean songs.

Guest lil_buddha_gal_2

Anyone watched the Paris By Night 92?

It includes the vietnamese rendition of Full House themesong. the vietnamese lyrics was written by a couple who are a fan of full house. it was pretty good actually. im not always a fan of vietnamse rendition of other language songs but this was pretty good. my mother loved it! now maybe she can respect and wtach korean dramas with my sister and i.. she was always complaining about our addiction and that korean dramas was boring.. XD

Title: Mai Mai Ben Nhu

Artists: Lung Tung Quang + Tu Quyen

here's the clip:

Youtube

what do you guys think?

Guest me_nnoccent

are you guys sure theres a cantonese version of

SnowFlake? i youtubed it and i cant seem to find it

does anyone know the name of the chinese name of Energy's version of HUG?

i didnt find snowflake or hug but i found this

Energy cover Dbsk - "one"

Energy cover Suju and triple H's "knock out"

youtube

Shinhwa "come on"

ahhhh i alittle while ago, i found Chinese various cover Sm town "jingle Bell "....npw i can find it...

Guest lost_s0ul09

i heard TVXQ's On&On was a remake, it's an english song, i think.

anyone knows the original version?

Guest choliese

i didnt find snowflake or hug but i found this

Energy cover Dbsk - "one"

Energy cover Suju and triple H's "knock out"

youtube

Shinhwa "come on"

ahhhh i alittle while ago, i found Chinese various cover Sm town "jingle Bell "....npw i can find it...

wow, thats quite a lot of cover they did o_0

most from SM artists too

glad I found this thread

Guest min_60

Yeah. And the remake songs are actually their hits. That's pretty annoying sometimes.

I've heard their albums and wow, they got heaps and heaps of remake tracks.

I just can't like the Chinese remakes of Korean songs.

I dont mind remakes actually but like what you said, you can remake a song, but dont make it as your hit track. 95% of their songs are remakes.

Before I heard k pop i used to stack and keep all their albumms but hey~ When I got into Kpop, i threw their cds away to make space for my new cds~

Energy needs to learn to sing their own songs~

Not remaking a song is impossible but try to minimise it and dont use it as their hit track is ok actually...

Guest MadMagFreak

lols actually tata young and bbv re.v both remake/cover form a norwegien wonmen named Carola Häggkvist

here is one,

Baby vox Re.V cover "Sexy" form Tata young - "Sexy, naughty, b*tchy"....but i dont know, maybe both of tata and bbv cover/remake it from someone els...

That album is full of remakes, apparently, and not just original Baby Vox ones.

"Sexy, Naughty, B***** Me," was also covered by a Norwegian model, Lene Alexandra.

is it.

IMO, her cover is better than both Tata's and Re.V's.

And I had no idea about "I Believe" being Carola's song!

I LOOOVE Carola! Go Eurovision! Haha.

She's Swedish, btw.

Guest kayzpal

I dont mind remakes actually but like what you said, you can remake a song, but dont make it as your hit track. 95% of their songs are remakes.

Before I heard k pop i used to stack and keep all their albumms but hey~ When I got into Kpop, i threw their cds away to make space for my new cds~

Energy needs to learn to sing their own songs~

Not remaking a song is impossible but try to minimise it and dont use it as their hit track is ok actually...

LOL That's what I did! I used to be a fan of Energy. Like I collect their CDs and all that but now

I'm thinking of selling them to get some money and buy dbsk's CDs.

:ph34r: When I got into K-Pop and knew that they remake heaps of songs (and still do!), and the song was their hit tracks, I was like... :mellow:

I mean I didn't know that their songs was actually remakes and I liked it. I mean come on, I thought they were their songs. :blink:

Archived