Singing Tips & Recording Questions

JohnnyMoon

Guest loveukitakeforever

I recently got a sore throat, and my thorat can't voice out notes anymore, and i just can't sing anymore, and i need a solution..? how do i fix this..i think i strained my voice very bad since i practiced singing with a sore thorat all day...it hurts pretty bad. I heard that you can lose your singing voice if you strain your voice, and sing, and now i'm scarred if that happens? How long will it take if i can recover my voice? Anyone have rememdies? How do i start my voice off to singing? What do i start with, should i start with soft songs, then hard..? I need my voice up for the JYP auditions, and i can't seem to have troubles, should i go see the doctor..(crying)

I recently got a sore throat, and my thorat can't voice out notes anymore, and i just can't sing anymore, and i need a solution..? how do i fix this..i think i strained my voice very bad since i practiced singing with a sore thorat all day...it hurts pretty bad. I heard that you can lose your singing voice if you strain your voice, and sing, and now i'm scarred if that happens? How long will it take if i can recover my voice? Anyone have rememdies? How do i start my voice off to singing? What do i start with, should i start with soft songs, then hard..? I need my voice up for the JYP auditions, and i can't seem to have troubles, should i go see the doctor..(crying)

Dont try to sing with a sore throat, and let it heal first before you try any vocals cause it sounds like you might of pushed your vocals a bit. So, drink lots of water and take care of your self.

I don't think its anything serious unless you really feel that its serious, because only you know how your body is. If it feels like there is really something wrong, and you have access to a doctor, i would just get check so it could ease your mind a bit. But if its just a sore throat from singing, then wait until it heals and then start off slowly.

Next time dont sing when your throat isnt feeling well or when your sick, you have to remember that your voice and body is like an instrument you have to take care of it and be in good condition for it work well. Thats why you have to have good posture and like for example not having facial tensions when you sing. If you ever do the squeezing eyebrows together when you sing a sad song thing, then to me thats tensions cause I use to also do that (unconsciously) so i can look cooler of course haha!jk! but um, after i toned it down a bit i can feel the difference, certain notes come out easier.

And i dont know if you are new to singing but if you are, i would recommend you to read around a bit, just so you dont run into any problems in the future. And if its possible, go find a vocal technique teacher, it'll help you a lot! and i'm not even exaggerating haha.

well take care of your self and dont give up, and i hope you get better soon you can sing again YEAHHHH!!

Guest myanh_tran

i dont practice singing for a long time( 2 months)

now i want to sing, but i sound different

i cant sing like before, my voice is airy, and weak.

sometime i cant reachthe high notes.

i want to enroll in a vocal class in college but they dont have it there during summer,dang!!!!

i dont practice singing for a long time( 2 months)

now i want to sing, but i sound different

i cant sing like before, my voice is airy, and weak.

sometime i cant reachthe high notes.

i want to enroll in a vocal class in college but they dont have it there during summer,dang!!!!

just like any sport or wateverrr

no practice, you forget..

wen you sing more, and your voice becomes stronger and stronger as it did b4

your voice should eventually come back to you.

its like if you do a mile jog everyday , it gets easier and easier,

and then you dont do it for a long time, and then come back to doing a mile,

you will have trouble running it.

just keep practicing.

i hope that answered it well.. and accurately..

So I practice with Brett Manning's Singing Success and he always says to not tighten up for the high notes. But I have no idea how to reach them without tightening up. It's not like I'm dying or anything but I'm definitely not fully relaxed. What's the best way to practice hitting those high notes without the "tightening"?

So I practice with Brett Manning's Singing Success and he always says to not tighten up for the high notes. But I have no idea how to reach them without tightening up. It's not like I'm dying or anything but I'm definitely not fully relaxed. What's the best way to practice hitting those high notes without the "tightening"?

I also use BMSS, and I have that problem also. It might be muscle memory. some days i can do it with ease and other days i would be straining as if i'm forcing my larynx down. So maybe you could try reaching the higher notes that are easier and once you start tensing up, just relax a bit, and keep working like as if you are trying to reach one note at a time.

I'm not so sure tho :huh:

I've been noticing that I just keep going even though I know that I'm not completely "relaxed" and it seems like thats how its been now. I'm going to take some lessons with a classical vocal technique teacher soon so we'll see if he can help me with some of the higher notes and I'll let you know when i find out stuff :lol:

edit:

It could also be in the mind, so maybe trying closing your eyes and relaxing and use some imagery to help you get higher and relax at the same time. worth a try haha

hi i use audacity and im having exporting my files to mp3 because i need lame

and whenever i try to get it it come up with "lame is not accessible. you might not have

permission to use this network resource. contact the administrator of this server to find out

if you have access permissons."

how can i get audacity to work for me?

I think what you should do is save the file as an OGG file, then I use this converter called Switch and covert it to mp3. it's super easy and quick.

I have question with audacity too. it could be my mic I'm not sure but my mic is a Logitech USB mic and it was great, I mean the sound quality was really good. But then one day I wanted to record something and suddenly the volume is 3x lower than what it used to be. o_o like, idk what happened. is it audacity or is it my mic. I dont remember doing anytihng to it.

Guest jacklee1993

hi im kinda new to singing (just started like 1/2 year ago) and i think ive developed a false vibrato... my diaphragm moves back and forth and its sort of alteration of breath and i tried to relax my voice but its not really helping me get rid of this habit.... also.... after singing some time on karaoke or NRB for a couple songs i lose my falsetto range and i cant find a solution tot his problem... any help would be appreciated thankyou ^^

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if anyone is interested, but here's

"Learn To Sing Like A Star - Voice Training Audio-Book"

29uvzmt.jpg

A Vocal Instructional Method For All Levels, Styles & Ages

"Learn to Sing Like a Star" is a vocal instructional method created by Berklee College of music graduate and professional singer Ava Tracht Landman. Some of the students Ava has given voice lessons to include professional male and female singers from the entertainment world. Whether you are a beginner, would like to sing Classical musical, or are a singer in a Rock-n-Roll band, you can benefit from the exercises on this CD.

In this easy-to-follow, instructional CD you will learn how to breathe properly for singing, identify your range, learn about vocal placement and style and experience a variety of vocal exercises that are used by many stars in the entertainment world. Whether you are a beginner or a professional singer, this method is for you!

Download:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FYPU3LG0

or

http://rapidshare.com/files/87397228/sing.rar

Guest kodancer

Is there a different method to sing like Park Hyo Shin, Lee Hyun, or Jinho? Cuz I, myself, don't have a very clear or high pitched voice and am curious to learn how they sing. THey seem to be singing wayyyy differently than others, especially in America.

I tried imitating them sing for a decent amount of time. Whenever I reach the high notes, my neck starts straining...but I can follow through with low to medium pitches of the songs quite fluently.

Guest e ; c h o .

I'm not sure if this has been asked, are there such times of the day which is the worst time to sing?

Like right after you wake up from sleeping in the morning, or right after you ate.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a song to sing that helps you, well, not warm-up, but gets your voice loosened up and lets you practice a large range of notes?

I'm not any where near being an expert on singing, but I'm trying to improve. As a starting song, I usually sing "Rakuen" by Do As Infinity before I go for anything difficult. Sometimes though I feel like my voice just isn't ready for some notes. Some days it's fine and some days it's just totally off. So... yeah XD I'm not even really sure how to warm up. lol.

I'm not sure if this has been asked, are there such times of the day which is the worst time to sing?

Like right after you wake up from sleeping in the morning, or right after you ate.

I've heard a lot of people say they sing better later in the day because after all day of talking and using their voices, it makes it easier to sing if you get my point. That's sometimes true for me, but most of the time, I'm the same throughout the day. I guess it would be a little harder to sing to your full potential right after getting up from sleeping since you haven't used your voice in so long.

^ Do you know 'Momma made me mash my M&M's' ?? X: Things like that can be sung higher/lower to help warm up. ^^; If you don't know the song you can pm me and I'll send you an example of how the song goes? (although I don't have a brilliant voice but you'll get the picture yes? lol)

Also, humming helps. ^^;

Guest twinklefish

Basic harmonization: Sing a major third or perfect above or below the original note. Write down the notes first and sing it to yourself, make the harmony become your melody. It takes a bit of practice to be able to sing against the melody. Listen to harmonies and you'll start to get the basic gist of what harmony is like.

Question for choir singers [particularly sopranos]: I'm a first soprano and I have a really high range [my highest note is a high E two octaves above middle C]

you know how at around high E one octave above middle C [somewhere around that area] your voice starts to switch to a more operatic/piercing sound? Whenever I sing like that it sounds forced and ugly. However I'm not forcing it out..it just SOUNDS forced. And also in my head it sounds okay, but when recorded it sounds bad, I know this is because of my head cavities...etc.

I'm not sure if I'm singing from the throat, but I've tried to consistently sing from the stomach. Any tips on making my high notes clearer and less forced-sounding?

im recording some music to make a cd for someone and im newb at this so im in desperate need of help.

i've downloaded cool record edit pro i recorded a song and when i went to click save it said that option is only available for those who pay for the product.

so heres my question. is there any other program that will let me do this for free?

i dont do this often so i dont think its necessary for me to purchase this.. =(

the only option i used on the cool edit pro was to make the whole thing a bit louder.

please let me know if there are any other programs that i can use! THANK YOU!!!

Guest TheVocalistZ

Okay this might sound weird. I have this friend, and she can't translate into English what this word means.

It's a singing technique that SG Wannabe is known for or something.

소몰이창법

Any ideas ? <3 <3

THANK YOU ^____________^