NBA

Guest Chioster

Guest DOVAHKIIN
how is dirk a richard simmons...he's one of the best players in the league averaging at least 20.0ppg and like 6.0rbs...and he doesnt fight back and that doesnt make him a richard simmons it makes him smart so he doesnt get fined or suspended

I dunno where the 6 boards a game comes from, Dirk grabs 9 boards a game, which looks good on paper, but it's still apparent he's soft matched up against real power forwards in the post. Defensively, Dirk is mediocre compared to the likes of Duncan, Brand, Boozer, and Garnett, or even Amare to an extent; considering Dirk's never made a single an All-Defense Team and averages like just one block.

Dirk is a good player. Just not a great power forward.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man looks like carl landry is going to the bobcats unless houston matches a 3 year $9M contract. it would suck if he were to leave just cause of the energy he brings when he's playing, but they can probably go on to sign joey dorsey and stay under the cap.

^ I have no idea where you got 6 rebounds from. Maybe you watched him play over several games and only averaged 6 boards over that span? If you check his career stats he averages close to 9 a game. Only time he averaged less than 8.5 boards were his first two seasons in the NBA. In the post-season he's been averaging double digits in boards all the time with the exception of his first playoff series where he averaged a decent 8.1rpg.

It's too late anyway for him to develop into a dominant post player who grabs rebounds like Rodman did. He's forever gonna be a shooting guard in a big man's body.

Guest DOVAHKIIN
20 points 6 rebounds

6 rebounds.

6 rebounds.

Dirk is 7 feet tall. He should not be only averaging 6 rebounds.

... I just said 9 boards a game.

^they still have to sign him, they only matched the offer so far. now what's going to happen to dorsey's contract...

Ohh stupid rockets site tricked me, and about dorsey i can't really remember anything about him, he didnt really play until like the end of the year right or did he play like mid season, did he really contribute that much to the team like landry did?

dorsey hasn't played yet, he is the rookie that's supposed to be their next defensive stopper in the paint and rebound machine, the only downside is that he's like chuck hayes at the FT line and has a bit of a big mouth, i just read that he got a technical foul at summer league and he wasn't even dressed to play.

dorsey hasn't played yet, he is the rookie that's supposed to be their next defensive stopper in the paint and rebound machine, the only downside is that he's like chuck hayes at the FT line and has a bit of a big mouth, i just read that he got a technical foul at summer league and he wasn't even dressed to play.

Oh yea i am so stupid, i got harris and dorsey mixed up, and really a technical foul and your not even dressed to play. If he does sign i hope the rockets work with him about that and his FT's, i mean i team is good but sometimes when we need them we seem to miss, so its better to have everyone do better in that area.

EDIT

Aww man Shane is gonna be out for 4 weeks*preseason*, i hope it gets better before the regular season starts

GO SIXERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is the year!!! :)

It will be interesting to see how they will do this year. I wish A.I. was still there though. :)

Man i am so happy that Landry is gonna be a Rocket for atleast 2 years, I love the energy he brings to the team.

Exactly. Landry might not be the best on the roster but he adds positive energy and is a team player. I wonder how the line up will be. I am trying to persuade my boyfriend to go to the scrimmage they will be having pretty soon. :)

^if you are talking about the starting line up it will probably be,

PG-Alston

SG-McGrady

SF-Artest/Battier (if fully healthy)

PF-Scola

C-Yao

2nd unit

PG-Brooks/Barry/Head

SG-Barry/Head

SF-Battier

PF-Landry/Hayes/Dorsey/Harris

C-Mutombo/Dorsey

^^^

I'd like to see Steve Francis as a starter. Last time I read, it said he was getting in shape and doing better. To me, if he's 100%, I rather have him start than skip-to-my-lou Alston. Problem with the Rocket's roster is that everyone will want the ball.

Archived