NBA

Guest Chioster

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest limbo189
I actually don't think it's a bad idea. Odom is a big 3 who can hit the open 3 and make his own shot. He can rebound and is a capable defender.

Ronron, when he's not off his meds, Can hit open 3, drive and create his own shot, and can rebound and is a top notch defender.

What's not to like?

i meant that from the point of view of a kings fans, im not very comfortable with taking odom. from what ive seen odom doesnt have a very good jumpshot whereas artest does. sure odom is a defensive plus and can get u rebounds and a offensive presence in the paint, but i feel that brad miller, spencer hawes, and jason thompson can do that. and artest had a great defensive year as well.

but then again... artest wants out of the kings soo we shall see

Guest GO!zilla
i meant that from the point of view of a kings fans, im not very comfortable with taking odom. from what ive seen odom doesnt have a very good jumpshot whereas artest does. sure odom is a defensive plus and can get u rebounds and a offensive presence in the paint, but i feel that brad miller, spencer hawes, and jason thompson can do that. and artest had a great defensive year as well.

but then again... artest wants out of the kings soo we shall see

errr idunno. id rather keep odom than get artest. artest has too much baggage.

plus, artest isn't even a better player than odom per say.

sure, artest had better 3 point percentage to odom (35% - 27%) but thats where the comparison stops.

he is a better defender than odom but not as much as you think.

"last year opposing threes guarded by Ron Artest shot 51.5% (eFG%) and had a PER of 16.4 —

those are not great numbers. Odom spent far less time matched up against threes, but he held them to 45.5% and a PER of 14.6."

"He is a worse shooter than Odom. - Last season, using traditional FG%, Odom shot 52% and Artest 45%. Use eFG% (to account for three point shooting) and Odom is still 5% higher."

"Lamar Odom is a much better rebounder than Artest. - last season Odom grabbed 15.6% of available rebounds when on the floor, Artest was at 8.6%."

Guest limbo189
errr idunno. id rather keep odom than get artest. artest has too much baggage.

plus, artest isn't even a better player than odom per say.

sure, artest had better 3 point percentage to odom (35% - 27%) but thats where the comparison stops.

he is a better defender than odom but not as much as you think.

"last year opposing threes guarded by Ron Artest shot 51.5% (eFG%) and had a PER of 16.4 —

those are not great numbers. Odom spent far less time matched up against threes, but he held them to 45.5% and a PER of 14.6."

"He is a worse shooter than Odom. - Last season, using traditional FG%, Odom shot 52% and Artest 45%. Use eFG% (to account for three point shooting) and Odom is still 5% higher."

"Lamar Odom is a much better rebounder than Artest. - last season Odom grabbed 15.6% of available rebounds when on the floor, Artest was at 8.6%."

but then as ZWD said, odom is incosistent

i would be much more comfortable with trading artest for shawn marion.

Guest GO!zilla

you were comparing odom with artest and I gave you the stats.

and now you are changing to artest and shawn marion. okay buddy.

i'll take odoms inconsistency over artest's baggage.

and even during odoms inconsistent nights, his rebounding never falters.

"If you think Odom takes games off…. Artest is worse. Far worse. It is not a crunch time thing with him, it is a week at a time thing."

Guest plusone

theres no way the Heat take on Artest for Shawn Marion. The difference in salaries is too great... which means the Kings would also have to ship out someone like Kenny Thomas or Brad Miller. Theres no way the Heat take on fat salaries for players who can't contribute.

Guest limbo189
theres no way the Heat take on Artest for Shawn Marion. The difference in salaries is too great... which means the Kings would also have to ship out someone like Kenny Thomas or Brad Miller. Theres no way the Heat take on fat salaries for players who can't contribute.

well the kings are willing to trade kenny thomas with artest to a team for a good player... in this case thomas and artest for marion would work cause their contracts match up

AND marcus camby is goign to the clippers..... wow thats a somewhat decent fill in for brand

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Denver gave up a defensive beast of Camby for... a second round pick. The hell?

I know it's a nice way for the Clips to compensate defensively for losing Brand but... what good does that do for Denver? Free a little cap room but do they intend on starting Nene for more fast break and even less defense?

"No D in Denver...call them ENVER"- Charles Barkley

I wonder who will start at power forward...camby or kaman.

This move probably means Kaman will have to be the primary option on offence in the low post.

It gives them a lot of rebounding and interior defence but doesn't really replace Brand's prowess in the paint.

Guest knockblock

The Nuggets are a joke. Their team defense was terrible and with the loss of Camby it can only get uglier. Not only that, some of the other players on their roster have a hard time staying healthy. Plus, towards the end of last season they were becoming dysfunctional. Denver is definately on the decline.

I like Portland's chances at the playoffs now. Especially if they can win the Northwest division. Denver isn't an obstacle anymore and it will just be Utah to battle with for the division. I'll call it now. Portland is the one that can challenge Utah for the Northwest and overtake them.

Guest epark1281

The nuggets get to write off 40 million dollars. Did you see the list of avaliable FA's in 2010?

Can you see a Bosh/Melo era in Denver?

Guest DOVAHKIIN
The nuggets get to write off 40 million dollars. Did you see the list of avaliable FA's in 2010?

Can you see a Bosh/Melo era in Denver?

Lol the thing is, Carmelo's been on the trading block rumors.

And I'd rather see Bosh in a Grizzlies uniform than a Nuggets.

Nuggets don't even get the Clips' second round pick, they just get to swap them if they chose to.

And Kaman will stay at center. Camby shifts to power forward because he's more athletic with about 30 lbs less than Kaman.

Guest negitoro

The Nuggets also get a 10.1 mil trade exception from the Clips. It's too early to say that the Nuggets just dumped Camby until we see if they do anything with it.

The Nuggets also get a 10.1 mil trade exception from the Clips. It's too early to say that the Nuggets just dumped Camby until we see if they do anything with it.

just trying to stay under the salary cap. They still have to sign JR Smith.

^^ Camby will be playing PF. He's much better defending outside the paint than Kaman. Nice weak side shot blocker as well.

Posey to New Orleans!

They just got a lot deeper. A definite upgrade over Bonzi Wells.

Wonder who will replace Posey on the Celtics team?

Archived