NBA

Guest Chioster

All the cp3 rumors I've heard are pointing to the Trailblazers. They have the pieces Hornets want and if Hornets do decide to deal, the Blazers will have to include Batum. Hornets desperately want to get rid of Okafor's bad contract, so Paul and Okafor for Przybilla, Miller, Batum, Bayless and a 1st round pick.

If this deal goes through, watch out Lakers. The Trailblazers will be a serious threat.

C: Oden

PF: Aldridge

SF: Luke Babbitt (Assuming Batum would be included in the deal)

PG: Paul

SG: Roy

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ooBah

^LA got even better after this summer. I love the addition of blake, barnes and ratliff and resigning of fisher. Not a big deal losing Shannon Brown.. although the fans love his highlights.

Barnes, I can understand the excitement over him because he is a good defender. But excited over Ratlif? Seriously? I rather keep Shannon's energy of the bench then a someone wayyyyyyyyyyyyy pass their due.

Guest zoogs

Should they sign Devin Ebanks or Derrick Caracter, they will provide energy off the bench as well as more depth. Some people considered them a steal for second round picks.

Guest ooBah

^yeah ebanks and character were both solid in the summer league. huge improvement in bench, lakers are probably going to take the title again. I just don't see Miami having the chemistry right away; plus if Bynum finally becomes healthy for once, Lakers are claiming the throne again

Guest chickpeas

chris paul to the lakers?

it would definitely bring a new dimension to the lakers.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68279/20100721/report_paul_has_demanded_trade_to_knicks_magic_lakers/

CP3 expressed his wishes to be traded before the season starts but he wants to play with another superstar. So far from what I've heard, Lakers, Magics and Knicks are the team he's interested in (which the article confirms). I think a trade to the Lakers is unnecessary, they have all the pieces to a championship team as is; Many are suspecting the Knicks b/c of that speech he made about forming his superstar team with Amare & Carmelo. Personally I think the Magics is the best fit, Dwight + CP3, big man + shooters everywhere on the floor. They'd probably have to package off Vince Carter (maybe even Jameer Nelson) if they want to make the trade happen.

Guest ooBah

CP3 expressed his wishes to be traded before the season starts but he wants to play with another superstar. So far from what I've heard, Lakers, Magics and Knicks are the team he's interested in (which the article confirms). I think a trade to the Lakers is unnecessary, they have all the pieces to a championship team as is; Many are suspecting the Knicks b/c of that speech he made about forming his superstar team with Amare & Carmelo. Personally I think the Magics is the best fit, Dwight + CP3, big man + shooters everywhere on the floor. They'd probably have to package off Vince Carter (maybe even Jameer Nelson) if they want to make the trade happen.

I wouldn't mind if Nelson gets included in package. I don't feel like he's the right pg for dwight. But even if cp3 ends up there, dwight needs to develop his offense game big time. Muscle and athleticism just aren't enough.

Orlando seems like the best team to give up the most attractive pieces while still being able to remain a contender at the same time. Like 1love pointed out though, Okafor's contract would almost certainly have to be included in any deal as well, so NY could very well be a destination with their cap space.

If New Orleans is leaning more towards that direction, more of a salary dump, and Chris Paul lands there, a lot more players would reconsider going to NY for an opportunity to play with Paul.

If he ends up with the Magic though, he and Dwight Howard would be really deadly. Paul did wonders with Tyson Chandler, and he would make the game a heck of a lot easier for Howard and hide a lot of his offensive weaknesses. Howard runs the floor very well, moves well in getting from point A to point B in the pick-and-roll game, and would get the ball a lot earlier in the shot clock. It'd be a good match for both for them.

As a result, Howard would be more efficient, but also get more scoring opportunities as well. Paul throwing up an alley-oop to an open Howard would be unguardable. The same way Nash elevated Amare's game to another level, Paul can do the same for Dwight.

Guest ooBah

^all true. It's just that I really want Howard to be considered as one of the most dominant centers in the game; but at this rate, it's not likely. Lack of post moves is hurting him. Hell, even Louis Scola has a much more defined post game on the offense than Howard. He can catch alley-oops and play the pick n' role all day long and score with those, but that wont make him truly dominant as the pg will take most of the credit.

And the destination like you said really would depend on what the Hornet's goal is.. whether to try and get equal value (not likely) or salary dump. If they choose salary dump, NY is a great option. They can get some cheap, young players with lots of potential that NY previously acquired in the trade with GS.

If the trade happens with Orlando, I assume Orlando can trade Nelson along with Gortat and/or Bass, both solid but slightly overpaid along with future draft picks.. in exchange for Okafor (who will make a great backup at C) and Paul.

Guest 2Faded

Nah reports saying CP3 definitely still trying to find a way outta NO, but the league is looking into iany suspicious trade talks. Seroiusly, if this goes through.. small market teams are screwed. How can they ever get good if their star players just demand trades ?

Also, looks like TMac might NOT be a Bull. Sources were saying he was limping during workouts.. also he still sees himself as a starter and not a role player . Poor Tmac :(

Guest ooBah

bulls just wanted to see where tmac was at. I doubt bulls truly considered signing tmac anyway, he doesn't fit the bull's goal right now. Tmac isn't ready to play as a reserve or support player, he's looking to redeem himself as a starter and as the focus on offense.

Guest melo.breeze

Barnes, I can understand the excitement over him because he is a good defender. But excited over Ratlif? Seriously? I rather keep Shannon's energy of the bench then a someone wayyyyyyyyyyyyy pass their due.

IKR !! but getting a backup big was a bigger priority than resigning shannon imo. bynum gets injured every year, our only backup is pau to play the 5 and LO the 4, ratliff is a much more reliable backup to play the 5 than mbenga, so it is a upgrade, even if it's small. either way, signing him can't do much harm, he'll most likely play 40 games in the season in 3-5 minute runs (garbage time). they should've pushed for thomas a bit more, he did okay when bogut went down in the playoffs.

Nah reports saying CP3 definitely still trying to find a way outta NO, but the league is looking into iany suspicious trade talks. Seroiusly, if this goes through.. small market teams are screwed. How can they ever get good if their star players just demand trades ?

Also, looks like TMac might NOT be a Bull. Sources were saying he was limping during workouts.. also he still sees himself as a starter and not a role player . Poor Tmac :(

yeah, i think the league is getting in the way too.

Guest chickpeas

In other news though... Eddie House has signed with the Miami Heat.

Excellent pick up. I think Pat Riley is also going after T-Mac. So much for salary cap.

Archived