NBA

Guest Chioster

Guest MiiCKYO0CHUNx3

Lakers VS Utah

:D

Mmm i remember listening to the announcers, was it Stu? but he said that the Lakers still want that W. And i'd rather have them play the Jazz anyways in the 1st round.

1st qtr: Oh no! 2 early fouls from Kobe! Ho ho ho, nice block from Shannon. Maaann, can that guy get up there @_@. I liked that lay-up from him too :D

2nd qtr: WHAAAT? Kobe just came back into the game and he picks up a 3rd foul T__T. 'Drew is on a roll!

Sasha has a bit of a hot hand. 3/3 at the moment, 7 pts

4th qtr: hahahaha, kobe passes to L.O. but oh! interception by Pau. still got the lay up :D

hooo. Sasha actually controlled the jump ball ! Kobe hit a 3, Sasha hit a 3. :D Another 3 by Sashaaa. The lakers are def. passing well. On top of that, not too many misses as well.

nice game for the bench mob :D

zzz. Kobe's gum smacking is kinda annoying LOL =x

--

Im curious to know though, for all the Lakers fans, who would you guys like to see the Lakers play in the 1st round? If it were totally up to you.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mooxmoo
Lakers VS Utah

:D

Mmm i remember listening to the announcers, was it Stu? but he said that the Lakers still want that W. And i'd rather have them play the Jazz anyways in the 1st round.

1st qtr: Oh no! 2 early fouls from Kobe! Ho ho ho, nice block from Shannon. Maaann, can that guy get up there @_@. I liked that lay-up from him too :D

2nd qtr: WHAAAT? Kobe just came back into the game and he picks up a 3rd foul T__T. 'Drew is on a roll!

Sasha has a bit of a hot hand. 3/3 at the moment, 7 pts

--

Im curious to know though, for all the Lakers fans, who would you guys like to see the Lakers play in the 1st round? If it were totally up to you.

i want them to have the toughest playoff to prepare them for the finals

1. utah

2. blazers (it would be real nice to en the eight loss streak at portland)

3. doesn't matter

Guest SurpriseSex
This thread has been dominated by Lakers fans for a long time.

I don't think there's any other Celtics fan in here (besides me of course)

All this playoff talk while Willy cries about the Raptors.

Just kidding don't kill me man.

Why the hell was Ray Allen suspended tonight?!

He elbowed Varejao in the balls because that big haired freak tried to pull him to the ground..

Anyways, Celtics won without KG or Ray!

Leon Powe, Tony Allen and Scal back YES!

Just KG who is expected to play Saturday (first playoff game against Philly (probably)). Hope he isn't rushing.

...an elbow to the balls is still an elbow to the balls, regardless of circumstances. Players have been suspended for much less.

Guest knockblock

Big games tommorrow on the final night.

I just hope the Blazers win the last game against the Nuggets and the Rockets lose to the Mavericks. Reserve a possible match with the Lakers for another round.

today was a great win to start off in the playoffs.

the lakers are so efficient when the bench does so well.

they had the comfort of being at home, but i want the bench to step up during crunch time on away games.

usually, it doesn't happen.

Guest DOVAHKIIN
...an elbow to the balls is still an elbow to the balls, regardless of circumstances. Players have been suspended for much less.

Yeah but Reggie Evans literally grabbed Kaman's balls and never get suspended, just fined.

I would just slap a fine and let them play. It's meaningless to suspend Allen for tonight's game anyway.

now that everything is set, let's see everyone's bracket for the playoffs.

East

1st Rnd.

Cleveland v. Detroit 4-1 Cleveland

Boston v. Chicago 4-0 Boston

Orlando v. Philly 4-2 Orlando

Atlanta v. Miami 4-3 Miami

2nd Rnd.

Cleveland v. Miami 4-2 Cleveland

Boston v. Orlando 4-3 Boston

Conference Final

Cleveland v. Boston 4-3 Cleveland

West

1st Rnd.

LA v. Utah 4-2 LA

Denver v. NO 4-3 NO

SA v. Dallas 4-2 Dallas

Portland v. Houston 4-3 Houston

2nd Rnd.

LA v. Houston 4-1 LA (hate to say it)

SA v. NO 4-2 NO

Conference Final

LA vs NO LA 4-1

Finals

Cleveland v. LA 4-3 LA

Finals MVP

KB24

Guest Unanimous

i cant believe im admitting this (this is the one and only time) but i wanted the celtics to beat the cavs last weekend. man, if they lost to the celtics plus their lose today - Lakers would have tied with them for best record. and home court would go to the Lakers since we have a winning record this eason vs. the cavs. gr! but its okay, real champs win on the road! Lakers all the way! IF we meet the Cavs in the finals and go to game 7 would be nice to win at home though. oh wells

xman150: so quick. probably will post mines up friday afternoon. school is killin' me =(

Guest loving_D

East

1st Rd

Cleveland vs. Detroit 4-0 Cleveland

Boston vs. Chicago 4-2 Boston

Orlando vs. Philly 4-1 Orlando

Atlanta vs. Miami 4-3 Atlanta

2nd Rd

Cleveland vs. Atlanta 4-2 Cleveland

Boston vs. Orlando 4-3 Boston

Conf Final

Cleveland vs. Boston 4-3 Cleveland

West

1st Rd

LA vs. Utah 4-2 LA

Denver vs. NO 4-2 Denver

San Antonio vs. Dallas 4-3 SA

Portland vs. Houston 4-3 Portland

2nd Rd

LA vs Portland 4-3 LA

Denver vs. San Antonio 4-3 SA

Conf Final

LA vs San Antonio 4-2 LA

Final

Cleveland vs. LA 4-2 Cleveland

-----

i hope this doesn't happen...because this would be boring and so predictable.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

*East*

First round:

Cavs vs. Pistons 4-1 Cavs (Pistons will steal a game because they're good without Iverson, but Stuckey's too inexperience to last long in the playoffs.)

Celtics vs. Bulls 4-3 Celtics (Celtics were 4-3, 4-3, 4-3 before the Finals last year. Why not again this year?)

Magic vs. Sixers 4-1 Magic (Dalambert will foul out vs. Howard because he gets like 5+ fouls per game. Sixers finished the season on a crappy note too, they had all their players minus Brand and could barely edge out the Cavs without Lebron/Big Z/Mo Williams tonight.)

Hawks vs. Heat 4-3 Hawks (Jermaine O'Neal is the X-Factor. If he is healthy, there's hope for 7 games. Wade will go on a scoring tear, but Beasley + Chalmers are rookies, can't rely on them)

Second round:

Cavs vs. Hawks 4-1 Cavs (Cavs' defense will shut down Joe Johnson, GG)

Celtics vs. Magic 4-3 Celtics (If they contain Howard, GG. Plus Alston vs. Rondo? Come on!)

Conference Finals:

Celtics vs. Cavs 4-3 Celtics (Healthy Garnett will destroy the inside without Ben Wallace around. Varejao is soft)

*West*

First round:

Lakers vs. Jazz: 4-2 (If the Jazz start CJ Miles in the playoffs, they're screwed.)

Nuggets vs. Hornets: 4-3 Hornets (Healthy Hornets + No one can stop Paul + Posey will shut down Carmelo)

Spurs vs. Mavs: 4-3 Spurs (No Ginobili for Spurs, but the Mavs have no solid vets on the bench besides Terry. Duncan will knock Dirk around like a rag doll in the post.)

Blazers vs. Rockets: 4-3 Blazers (Hard to say, Blazers have like no playoffs experience. A lot of good post defenders in Pryzbila, Aldridge, and Oden to handle Yao, who can't play heavy minutes anyway. If Outlaw starts over Batum, they'll take it.)

Second round:

Lakers vs. Blazers: 4-3 Lakers (The Lakers curse against the Blazer's homecourt will make it interesting. Again, please no Batum.)

Spurs vs. Hornets: 4-3 Hornets (Hornets came close last year, they'll do it this year if healthy)

Conference Finals:

Lakers vs. Hornets: 4-2 Lakers (Except Posey, no one can guard Kobe who will probably go on a scoring tear.)

*Finals*

Celtics vs. Lakers: 4-3 Celtics (Grittier than last year's Finals, the regular season match-ups this year weren't blow outs. No Posey to help out the D, but the new faces should hopefully help out. Glen Davis has improved on offense dramatically.)

Finals MVP: *Insert one of the Celtics' Big 3* or Rondo if he puts up some big numbers...

I'm probably gonna be wrong with all my second round predictions, but that's what I'd like to see anyway.

Anyway, I'm pissed off because Vince Carter and Mo Williams didn't play tonight, thus screwing over my yahoo fantasy team. I started the both of them, and I'm in the Finals trailing 3 to 6. Could've really used their 3-pointers tonight and scoring.

Guest xsilentangel

East

Round 1.

Cavaliers vs. Pistons 4-1 Cavaliers

Boston vs. Bulls 4-2 Celtics

Magic vs. 76ers 4-2 Magic

Hawks vs. Heat 4-3 Heat

Round 2.

Cavaliers vs. Heat 4-2 Cavaliers

Celtics vs. Magic 4-3 Celtics

Conference Finals.

Cavaliers vs. Celtics 4-2 Celtics

West

Round 1.

Lakers vs. Jazz 4-2 LA

Nuggets vs. Hornets 4-3 Hornets

Spurs vs. Mavericks 4-1 Spurs

Trailblazers vs. Rockets 4-2 Trailblazers

Round 2.

Lakers vs Trailblazers 4-3 Lakers

Hornets vs. Spurs 4-3 Hornets

Conference Finals.

Lakers vs. Hornets 4-3 Lakers

Final.

Celtics vs. Lakers 4-3 Celtics

MVP.

It must be Ray, KG or Rondo.

3:30 AM and I'm doing homework and these predictions.

Guest CKcrossover

oh man Rockets...

of the 3 possible outcomes

they ended up with the worst scenerio

lost the divisional title and no home court

worst of all is that even if they do manage to get out of the first round

they have to face Kobe and the Lakers

my little hope for them just got smaller

looks like another disappointing playoff for Rocket fans

my prediction is Lakers taking it all

enough said

Guest knockblock

Cleveland over Detroit

Boston over Chicago

Orlando over Philadelphia

Miami over Atlanta

Los Angeles Lakers over Utah

New Orleans over Denver

San Antonio over Dallas

Portland over Houston

Guest epark1281

for some reason, i'm just not seeing the Hornet's beating the Spurs.

And i'd like to say...that the Bulls prevail in 6!

GOOOOO BULLS!

(i am entitled to my pipe dreams)

Guest melo.breeze

i see that it's finally time to do the playoff brackets, so i'll share mine ...

EAST

Round 1

Cavalier vs Pistons: 4-0 Cavs - sorry Pistons, but don't think this'll be pretty for you at all ...

Celtics vs Bulls: 4-2 Celtics - Bulls will manage to steal a couple games from the rusty Celtics as of late .

Magic vs Sixers: 4-1 Magic - I don't see anyone in the sixers who will be able to shut down Dwight .

Hawks vs Heat: 4-2 Hawks - Sorry D.Wade but even in Kobe's stellar season, he powered the Lakers to a 3-0 lead against Phoenix, but still lost. And Hawks do have a more complete team.

Round 2

Cavalier vs Hawks: 4-2 Cavs - Cavs>Hawks is all I have to say.

Boston vs Magic: 4-3 Boston - Boston will have slight difficulties against Dwight, but they have enough weapons on their team to pull in the 'W'

Conference Finals

Cavalier vs Boston: 4-3 Boston - Sorry Bron, but watching you this season, despite the incredible numbers you put up, you simply play terrible against better teams. And with a healthy KG back in the Boston lineup, don't think the Cavs will be able to pull through it.

WEST

Round 1

Lakers vs Jazz: 4-1 Lakers - Lineup wise, Lakers have better players, they don't have a decent enough shooting guard to even contest Kobe. Shannon Brown has replaced Jordan Farmar in the Lakers second unit, so Lakers will have a better set of legs in their bench unit. Jazz will manage to pull one away simply because Deron will school Fisher.

Nuggets vs Hornets: 4-2 - Chris Paul simply playing with the same intensity as last year, but their record is not as good, simply because other teams have gotten stronger. With Melo back in the line up, with veteran PG Billups, nuggets experience will get them through this.

Mavericks vs Spurs: 3-4 - The Mavs will simply choke as they do in most cases.

Blazers vs Rockets: 3-4 - Even without T-Mac, Rockets players have a lot more experience. Yao>Oden. Battier and Artest provide the defense to shutdown the young inexperienced Blazers.

Round 2

Lakers vs Rockets: 4-2 Lakers - As Lakers have done this season, they will beat the Rockets. Battier and Artest will have their nights where they'll force Kobe to take shots or simply make him play a facilitator rather than a scorer, nights like those is when Gasol and Bynum will dominate, whilst the rest of the team will shoot poorly.

Nuggets vs Spurs: 3-4 - Again the experience of the Spurs will get them through this. The presence of the Spurs in the playoffs this past decade is second to none.

Conference Finals

Lakers vs Spurs: 4-2 - Bruce Bowen may or may not be able to guard Kobe, the outcome of the match is whether Kobe will shoot efficiently or poorly. Duncan will guard Gasol as he needs to be guarded.

FINALS

Lakers vs Celtics: 4-3 - Reliving once again the old Lakers Celtics rivalry, Kobe and his sidekicks will manage to pull the win. Simply because they're hungrier for the title. Not to mention this may or may not be PJ's last season coaching, they'll want to win it even more. To add to that a healthy Bynum in the lineup.

Guest epark1281

there are reports that KG could be out for the Playoffs. 2nd round exit?

Nice,

With KG out, the series with the Bulls goes from lackluster to interesting!

Archived