[OFFICIAL] SHINHWA 신화 THREAD

Guest lenakeem

Guest lokeyee

[MQ] Oh! The Person I Love - Ep 11 (cn sub)

KRKVBestshinhwaThe-2.jpg

File Name : Oh! The Person I Love - Ep 11 (Cn subbed )

File Size : 298.3MB

Credit: BestShinhwa + KRKV + mySHINHWA

[MQ] 20070228 Channel V Live V News - Want U ~ ERIC

20070228_channel_v_live_v_news_want.jpg

File Name : 20070228 Channel V Live V News - Want U

File Size : 52 MB

Credit: Da Capo + mySHINHWA

[MQ]070227 Mnet No Cut Story 8TH Fanmeeting 04

Shinhwa070227MnetNoCutStory8THFa-4.jpg

File Name : 070227 Mnet No Cut Story 8TH Fanmeeting 04

File Size : 506.7MB

Credit : syoungin + mySHINHWA

[HQ] 070227 Mnet no cut story - Shinhwa Fans Meeting PART 3

Shinhwa070227MnetNoCutStory8THFanme.jpg

Shinhwa070227MnetNoCutStory8THFa-1.jpg

Shinhwa070227MnetNoCutStory8THFa-2.jpg

File Name : 070227 Mnet No Cut Story 8TH Fanmeeting 03

File Size : 210.1MB

Credit : syoungin + mySHINHWA

[MQ] 031106 Mnet Shocking diary - Group S (cn sub)

Hyesung031106MnetShockingdiaryKO_CN.jpg

File Name: 031106 Mnet Shocking diary - Group S (cn subbed)

File Size : 97.6MB

Credit : OnlyHyesung + mySHINHWA

[LQ] 070228 Arirang TV Pops in Seoul - Eng subbed

070228ArirangTVPopsinSeoul-ShinhwaD.jpg

070228ArirangTVPopsinSeoul-Shinh-1.jpg

070228ArirangTVPopsinSeoul-Shinh-2.jpg

File Name : 070228 Arirang TV Pops in Seoul - Shinhwa (Eng Subbed)

File Size : 56.7MB

Credit : Da Capo + mySHINHWA

• Replies 29.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

waaaahhh!!

i missed shinhwa sooo much!!

im so busy with my studies and i cant find anytime to know the latest news about them..

i am sooo happy that they've been together for 9 years now and counting..

and i know they'll last forever!!

together forever..

Guest battleuphoria

Yeap. Got your point. :lol:

More importantly, I think Shinhwa has managed to widen the age group that they appeal to. So, in essence they now attract people in their teens, twenties, thirties, fourties and fifties. I wouldn't be surprised if there are fans in their sixties either. The teeny booper groups that you mentioned attract mostly teens (hence the name of their genre). As Shinhwa adjust its fan base based on age group, I still think Shinhwa has a net gain of fans.

Plus, I'd rather that Shinhwa take in more people with buying power and more loyalty to the group Shinhwa than teeny booper fans that jump on the next bandwagon way too easily. There is always some other group that is younger and newer.

hmm..you should check them out earlier! :P

I will upload the 8th jib photos for you. They will be in the same posts so you gotta go back a couple pages to find them.

Thanks for the confirmation.

sorry. haha i was on my midterms week when you posted the pictures so i didn't have the time to check them. please do upload them for me when your account's fixed. hehe

actually, i understand why people of youunger generations tend to jump from one group to another because they find themselves in the bands, style wise and music wise. of course, generations differ from each other. and it would cause the 'common' thing within the bands and the younger generation. also, another chance would be, if you don't see your fave band for a long long time, it would cause you to look for them, and the tendency would be for you to jump into another group. admittedly, that's what happened to me when shinhwa stopped group activities for a while last year and it was the time when super junior actually entered the scene. so i got more focused to super junior, but i never lost my love for shinhwa. i never did abandon them, so look at where i am right now. haha

having fans in their 60's would actually be a surprise for me. when i started to be shinhwa's fan back in 2002, i saw lots of fans in their 30's already and also some who already have children still liking, and of course, they grow up and they'll be in their 60s someday. so they would definitely be shinhwa fans too.

cherilyn08 - hie again~~ hahahah.. well, maybe it's hard for them to gain younger fans, but it's much easier to gain older fans [i don't mean old as in like, gramma old, but older teens, like myself *hohoho*] and besides, even though shinhwa members themselves are getting older, inside, they're still like a bunch of little kids.. and that's why i love them too, cos they still play around like i do =P and yeah, i like super junior better compared to dbsk too yep, eric and shi yeon are still together i think.. there were pictures showing them whispering at the drama award thingy, which i thought was so cute =P

it might be hard for them at the moment, but i believe they'll be able to gain some once they start promoting their solo albums and their group album. also, they selected battle, which attracts a lot of fans from younger generation. if you atually follow battle in their interviews and all, they always mention shinhwa. and being a fan of battle, you would be curious as to who this shinhwa group is and what's so special about them that battle always mention them? [not including the fact that they selected battle] what is with this group that almost every battle fan likes? so they'll go and discover who shinhwa members are. the same thing would go to shinhwa. they always support battle, and being shinhwa fans, we would also support battle. so in a way, they are both helping each other gain fans from different generations.

oh true true!! but i think the first one that i recognized was eric, as i said, because i was researching on him, but it's true that minwoo's probably the easiest to distinguish, since he's at the front most of the time, whether it's performances or interviews.. and the fact that eric's the leader actually surprised me, cos i thought it was minwoo at first.. actually, in older video clips, eric and andy were like statues =P thank goodness they started talking.. hahaha..

haha sorry, but i beg to disagree. minwoo was not the first one i distinguished in shinhwa. it was junjin. haha why? i don't know why. haha but he's the one i like ever since, maybe that's the reason for my 'eyes' on him. haha

Btww, I watched the video... so sad. T___T; My heart was racing so bad when they showed JunJin in the stretcher... & my heart felt like it was breaking when they showed Dongwan getting in... wow, his expression, he looked so mad at the police when the police wasn't letting him get through... but towards the end, I was happy. (: They look out for each other so much. <3 Haha, JunJin gulping down his food~~ LMAO & Dongwan, Hyesung, & Eric were eating his food too. XD; Haha<3

HAPPY 900 PAGE, GUYS! :D

i already saw the clip back in 2005. and i only watched it once. call me crazy but i teared up seeing that. i am a big junjin fan that's why. and seeing shinhwa being close like that makes me so proud of them. but dongwan hyesung and eric eating his food is just... 'what?' haha charlie park was there too right? he was the one who was looking after jinnie before the 5 guys arrived.

and his almost blindness... it's his left eye right? it's in born and he went through a lot of surgeries to fix it. i don't know if it's already fixed now or still has yet to be fixed. hehe

[03/01]Shinhwa Minwoo Solo Concert in Japan

OMG! 80% in ten minutes. that's crazy! shows how popular he is!

3/1 [news] Hyesung, Not a problem, if change to be a trot singer!

i.e suddenly reading this, reminds me of super junior T doing that rock go song ... heh ._.;;

i like trot genre lately, espcially when suju started singing them. and now i love the genre. haha hyesung should do one too! haha

note: it's rokkuko, not rock go. haha rock go sounds like rokkuko but that's not even the english translation. hehe we just want to clear the misconception.

HI EVERYONE!!! im back, uni has been so gay!its making me busy! and im only a first yr student and we've only just began first week of uni! im studying double degree commerce (majoring in accounting) AND finance.

i do have a job mommie!!! i have three! i work at two restaurants, and i also teach on saturday mornings at the vietnamese ethnic school. i teach maths though. so i have three jobs and have saved up quite a bit, probably more than enough for each pair of the shinhwa sneakers!!!

with your major, no wonder you are busy. hehe

and wait, someone mentioned about eric going to the army on 2008. will he be the only one to go? i bet he'll only do clerical works though, because of the accident he encountered last year. hehe

i notice something in this thread. it moves so slow compared to super junior thread but the posts here are like 5x longer than the one in super junior. haha maybe it's because in super junior thread, we mostly talk about updates, their diary entries and such, while here, we look back, reminisence about them, and talk about how they were back then. it makes me miss them so much.

and oh yeah, i just watched their MIS on showbiz extra and omg. i never laughed that hard before. haha eric is so cute with his sexy poses, cute poses and all. it's all the same! and hyesung was like 'how can your sexy pose be your cute pose at the same time?' haha and eri'c mommy pose was HOT. haha shinhwa naught. haha

Guest lokeyee

[03/03]LeeKyuHan,"confrontation with Eric? I just want to do best in my role"

May bring out with full credits only. TQ.

Actor LeeKyuHan being as an opponent role with Eric (MunJungHyuk), he expresses his thought towards it.

LeeKyuHan is acting in role who loves JungYuMi and confrontating with Eric in the drama Que Sera Sera with KimYunChul PD who's previous drama production was "My Name Is KimSamSoon (MNIKSS)".

In the drama she was set to be eric's opponent, LeeKyuHan was being question by the reporters whether he will feel such heavy burden towards it, and he answer: "Although i feel weird towards it, but if you comparing me with the other actors in the drama, i dont feel any burden at all. I just need to do well in my role, then everything will be fine."

"The top priority is to digest the role well, so i am currently putting my attention on analysis the role i am taking." he expresses out his responsibility of being an actor.

Then he continue with a joke, "If you count on looks, i think everybody will take such good looking person (eric) to compare with me right?"

Addition, LeeKyuHan is acting as SinJunHyuk in the drama, who owns a good looking face, extra-ordinary talent, and a role where everybody will envy onto, but he comes from an unfortunate family and he's being deeply hurt.

LeeKyuHan is changing from his previous production role where he was a happy go lucky guy, towards "HanEunSu" (act by JungYuMi), he controlled his love very well.

Eric, JungYuMi, LeeKyuHan's the main casting in drama "Que Sera Sera", the drama will be taking over "White Giant Tower" on March 17th onwards.

Credits to:

Source:NEWSEN

Cn Trans:东升西落@BestShinhwa

Eng Trans:amane@mySHINHWA

==>http://z13.invisionfree.com/mySHINHWA/inde...?showtopic=2296

[03/03]ParkYongRin,"I will kiss MinWoo next time~"

May bring out with full credits only. TQ.

Nest Artist Park Young Rin (23) cast in HyeRyung's 3rd Album hit song MV <A Ring>, this is her first debut and challenge in acting.

Currently she's a VJ in KBS 2TV <Entertainment> & <Vitamin> so on CRIC activities, Park Young Rin went to Icheon OngJin army & KapPyoung South island for the music video shooting.

Being as new artist, to be able to work with Shinhwa LeeMinWoo, shows an unusual fate.

Last year summer, Shinhwa had their Asia Tour in thailand and other asia places, ParkYoungRin being as a VJ of <Entertainment World> interview them.

LeeMinWoo's management company GOOD EMG, one of the related staff express that they had paid attention to ParkYoungRin for quite sometime, so they invited her to cast in Singer HyeRyung's MV.

ParkYoungRin smile and said:"I'm taking over the role of a lady who only get to look at the man she loves from afar, and that man loves HyeRyung. The main effect is on the crying technic. Next time i would love to try on a tradition love story with LeeMinWoo as couple."

HyeRyung's 3rd jib & MV will be release on March 7th.

Credits to:

Source:OCEAN6

Cn Trans:东升西落@BestShinhwa

Eng Trans:amane@mySHINHWA

==>http://z13.invisionfree.com/mySHINHWA/inde...?showtopic=2295

Guest nutzie

sorry. haha i was on my midterms week when you posted the pictures so i didn't have the time to check them. please do upload them for me when your account's fixed. hehe

actually, i understand why people of youunger generations tend to jump from one group to another because they find themselves in the bands, style wise and music wise. of course, generations differ from each other. and it would cause the 'common' thing within the bands and the younger generation. also, another chance would be, if you don't see your fave band for a long long time, it would cause you to look for them, and the tendency would be for you to jump into another group. admittedly, that's what happened to me when shinhwa stopped group activities for a while last year and it was the time when super junior actually entered the scene. so i got more focused to super junior, but i never lost my love for shinhwa. i never did abandon them, so look at where i am right now. haha

having fans in their 60's would actually be a surprise for me. when i started to be shinhwa's fan back in 2002, i saw lots of fans in their 30's already and also some who already have children still liking, and of course, they grow up and they'll be in their 60s someday. so they would definitely be shinhwa fans too.

it might be hard for them at the moment, but i believe they'll be able to gain some once they start promoting their solo albums and their group album. also, they selected battle, which attracts a lot of fans from younger generation. if you atually follow battle in their interviews and all, they always mention shinhwa. and being a fan of battle, you would be curious as to who this shinhwa group is and what's so special about them that battle always mention them? [not including the fact that they selected battle] what is with this group that almost every battle fan likes? so they'll go and discover who shinhwa members are. the same thing would go to shinhwa. they always support battle, and being shinhwa fans, we would also support battle. so in a way, they are both helping each other gain fans from different generations.

haha sorry, but i beg to disagree. minwoo was not the first one i distinguished in shinhwa. it was junjin. haha why? i don't know why. haha but he's the one i like ever since, maybe that's the reason for my 'eyes' on him. haha

i already saw the clip back in 2005. and i only watched it once. call me crazy but i teared up seeing that. i am a big junjin fan that's why. and seeing shinhwa being close like that makes me so proud of them. but dongwan hyesung and eric eating his food is just... 'what?' haha charlie park was there too right? he was the one who was looking after jinnie before the 5 guys arrived.

and his almost blindness... it's his left eye right? it's in born and he went through a lot of surgeries to fix it. i don't know if it's already fixed now or still has yet to be fixed. hehe

OMG! 80% in ten minutes. that's crazy! shows how popular he is!

i like trot genre lately, espcially when suju started singing them. and now i love the genre. haha hyesung should do one too! haha

note: it's rokkuko, not rock go. haha rock go sounds like rokkuko but that's not even the english translation. hehe we just want to clear the misconception.

with your major, no wonder you are busy. hehe

and wait, someone mentioned about eric going to the army on 2008. will he be the only one to go? i bet he'll only do clerical works though, because of the accident he encountered last year. hehe

i notice something in this thread. it moves so slow compared to super junior thread but the posts here are like 5x longer than the one in super junior. haha maybe it's because in super junior thread, we mostly talk about updates, their diary entries and such, while here, we look back, reminisence about them, and talk about how they were back then. it makes me miss them so much.

and oh yeah, i just watched their MIS on showbiz extra and omg. i never laughed that hard before. haha eric is so cute with his sexy poses, cute poses and all. it's all the same! and hyesung was like 'how can your sexy pose be your cute pose at the same time?' haha and eri'c mommy pose was HOT. haha shinhwa naught. haha

hmm.. i just realized something~ usually fans of boybands are younger than the members themselves.. well, this is kind of a generalization, because in some cases, there are older fans too, but the major fanbase comes from those younger people.. and with shinhwa being older and more experienced than the other boybands, the range of this younger fanbase becomes larger.. isn't that cool?? okay forget it, i don't know what i'm talking about -________-

well about the minwoo thing, i was just generalizing -__- of course, not everyone would notice minwoo first, but i'm just saying, usually people do notice minwoo first.. but of course not for everybody.. my fangirling friend noticed hyesung first.. so go figure =P

actually, there's this babysitting clip that mommie alice translated awhile ago, and hyesung was singing an old song [well, i assume it was trot O_o"] called "red lipstick" or something.. but he forgot the lyrics, that dork =P i think hyesung would do well as a trot singer though..

so far i think he's the only one who's confirmed to go [and it's at the end of this year by the way, not 2008.. i think it was dec 8 or 12 *i'm not sure myself >_<*] and he might do the normal army service as opposed to clerical works.. i think he should be able to do it, since he can dance and whatnot already.. but it depends, if there are further complications, then maybe?

hahaha.. i think the reason that this thread is moving slowly, it's because we strive more for quality rather than quantity [meh, now i sound like a salesperson -__-] and there are less members to talk about [6 vs. 13] and that's why i always get lost in suju's thread, because it's humongous whereas here, it's cool, cos it moves slower, and it's easier to follow..

i think eric's pose is more of cute than sexi.. but what the heck, he's sexi in the first place, so he's forgiven =P ooh, it's a dorky pose too.. and his umma pose.. kyaaa~~ makes me want to get hooked onto his fishing rod~~ [okay, maybe what i said doesn't make sense.. but i'm a fish, so i don't have to make sense O_o]

Guest poloblue

Haha~~ Shinhwa clothing! you're gonna get all of them, huh? =P It's easier for you because you're a guy. But oh mang, you work a lot O__O but it's good... you have money. LOL. You're gonna get surgery? XD; Ahh yeahh, JunJin's & Dongwan's noses definately look natural. (: They look great.

LMAO RICSYUNG BABY! XD; I wonder...

hi flipside!!!! no im not getting surgery, i said IF. but yeah, dong wan ha a perfect nose, his nose NOW that is.

Please stay on topic. This is not really related to Shinhwa.

sorry edward!!

Hyesung - Take a break with SyungBler!

PLS DO NOT HOTLINK OR TAKEOUT WITHOUT PROPER CREDITS

Take a break with SyoungBler!

Very pretty coffee tumbler with Hyesung picture printed on it, on sale by syoungin fanclub

Credits: only4steve + angelicalharmony + pandan @ shinhwachangjo.net

i want one!!! but that site is all in korean or maybe chinese! i want one though >.<

i went to the link and couldnt understand a word. is that the only place where we can purchase it?

yeah same!

---------

hi everyone, right now, im d/ling 070227 Mnet No Cut Story8th Fanmeeting 03 and 04. anyone know where i can get parts 02 and 01?? ive tried looking at best shinhwa's clubbox.

I will definitely upload them....I thought I would do it with imageshack but it is not getting along with me that well.. :sweatingbullets: So please wait..hehehe...

I think the reason for jumping bands is probably about the lack of activitiy but more specifically in what teens watch a lot these days which are all these tv shows, game shows, music shows, radio shows.

Shinhwa was kind of quiet at the beginning of 2006 but that's only 4 months-ish..They came out with 8th album in May 2006. And promoted it with 3 tv shows (Xman, Infinite Challenge, Heroine) and some stage performances (Music Bank, Inkigayo, Mnet etc etc I think they did all major stations) And their Asia Tour started which is also a form of promotion for the album. So maybe it was more 2005 that didn't showcase as much Shinhwa activities? They did Shinhwa Battle in 2005 but a lot more solo activities I guess.

The thing is they didn't go onto a gazillion tv shows (either 2005 or 2006). That's why younger fans thought that they were not as active.

So, I am quite in a dillema if they should go on as many game shows or not. I know a lot of people like them in game shows because they are very entertaining to watch...But...I especially do not enjoy some games that makes them do things that are ridiculous/over-the-board that it borderlines tasteless entertainment. :sweatingbullets: Shinhwa is Shinhwa-kind-of-funny/hilarious...they don't need silly antics to make them funny. :lol: But for the ninth album, I think they'll go on more than 8th album but maybe not as crazy as 7th album. AND, I hope that they will only choose to go on good programs not any programs. Choose quality over quantity, I would say.

So far only Eric's date has been mentioned in the news. December 3rd 2007 is his enlistment date but Top Class Entertainment i think might postponed it to 2008. And because his 30th birthday is in February maybe he will be going sometime January-February before his birthday. That is only speculation from me. He might go on Dec 3rd 2007 too. But definitely sometime 2008. I am not sure if you could postpone it till after his birthday? Not sure how that works in Korea.

hehe..on a random note, nowadays when I spell the word "February" -I'll be reminded of how Eric didn't know how to spell "February" during one of the games at the fanmeeting. I think he was so confused..spelling "Feburary" --> I think English is sometimes so deceiving. You can't spell it as it sounds. And he was also confused between Korean and English pronounciations. B)

MIS was definitely entertaining. Eric was hyper that night. Wonder what he ate? heehehe........... :rolleyes:

Guest samshiku

AHH! preview!! eric IS GONNA LOOK SOO HOT IN THE DRAMA^^

thx Ginnie!!

anyway i thought these were cute..

The Chronicles of Shinhwa: eating prawns

Dongwan:

tried to use chopsticks..

155738467351550m36f575eg3.jpg

but...the manual method is better!

155248390365071m36f5b3lv5.jpg

smells the wine/liquor b4 eating...[indeed the uncle kim]

154624880159284m36f5e2wc7.jpg

Minwoo:

uses his hands right from the very beginning

153143142252241m36f611kj1.jpg

his concentration is admirable

154625567299130m36f640mv6.jpg

this is nice^^

1557391080339587m36f66fkn9.jpg

Andy & Hyesung:

Andy uses his hands too while hyesung opts for the chopsticks

1600222111110790m36f69egs2.jpg

hyesung is trying his best! andy has alr started eating..

1546271183449095m36f6cdoa9.jpg

hyesung will not give up!

153143215668636m36f6fbew3.jpg

155247114735568m36f74aif5.jpg

155247217788124m36f7b7uk9.jpg

he is STILL trying to peel his prawns while andy finishes his food

1557411285900386m36f853xp7.jpg

15314478216691m36f882uf4.jpg

1557401241938537m36f8a1gs4.jpg

1557411020370067m36f8d0yk7.jpg

almost there...

154626868730352m36f8fffm8.jpg

1552481143891966m36f92eiz5.jpg

1557411020370067m36f95dqr8.jpg

153144640519577m36f98crq0.jpg

he can finally enjoy that ONE prawn after fighting the tedious battle of peeling it with chopsticks^^

1546251267203315m5e3b79mn6.jpg

credits:shinhwachina

Guest sunnydays.

Mmm, yeah, I THINK that was Charlie Park... but when I watched it, at first I didn't know who that guy taking care of JunJin was... he looks so much different now. O__O But after looking closer, yeah, I think that's him. XD;; It makes sense. =P Wow, lots of surgeries. x__X;; Yeahh, Eric is the only one scheduled for right now. Mangg, it's so sad to think about the Shinhwa guys going to the army... we wont' be able to see them so much x_____x

Aww JUNJIN! When I first started to really like Shinhwa, he definately caught my eye. (: Yeah, I definately understand where you're coming from... he just has that thing that makes you do like, a double-take on him. LOL! I love all the Shinhwa members thoughhh. They all have that quality of making someone do a double-take. (;

so far i think he's the only one who's confirmed to go [and it's at the end of this year by the way, not 2008.. i think it was dec 8 or 12 *i'm not sure myself >_<*] and he might do the normal army service as opposed to clerical works.. i think he should be able to do it, since he can dance and whatnot already.. but it depends, if there are further complications, then maybe?

hahaha.. i think the reason that this thread is moving slowly, it's because we strive more for quality rather than quantity [meh, now i sound like a salesperson -__-] and there are less members to talk about [6 vs. 13] and that's why i always get lost in suju's thread, because it's humongous whereas here, it's cool, cos it moves slower, and it's easier to follow..

i think eric's pose is more of cute than sexi.. but what the heck, he's sexi in the first place, so he's forgiven =P ooh, it's a dorky pose too.. and his umma pose.. kyaaa~~ makes me want to get hooked onto his fishing rod~~ [okay, maybe what i said doesn't make sense.. but i'm a fish, so i don't have to make sense O_o]

Hahaha definately. i remember we discussed this a LONG while back... about how our thread doesn't have as much pages as the DBSK/SuJu threads. Well, I think another reason is because Soompi is getting to be more of a DBSK & SuJu fanbase... I mean, yeah, ofcourse, a few years back, it used to be a Shinhwa fanbase. But... younger people tend to go on Soompi as opposed to the older people who grew up with Shinhwa, I guess maybe that's why the majority of the fanbase change. But I mean, Shinhwa is still very popular. >;]

I'm curious as to what they have to do when they go to the army (I guess this goes towards celebrities). I mean, I've heard from places that those who can't do a lot of physical things because of health problems are usually assigned to things such as desk work. But what about those who ARE capable? Like, Eric seems to be very capable, because as you said, he does dance & sing & he is physically strong. Hmm... I dunno. =P

LOL. Natz, you make me crack up. XD; <3 He does cute & dorky poses, buuuut it's a given that he's sexxyy. :D

hi flipside!!!! no im not getting surgery, i said IF. but yeah, dong wan ha a perfect nose, his nose NOW that is.

Oh. LOL! Sorry~~ I actually didn't know that Dongwan got surgery. I was a bit surprised (because it looks so real >:] ), but it's not that big of a deal. :D

So, I am quite in a dillema if they should go on as many game shows or not. I know a lot of people like them in game shows because they are very entertaining to watch...But...I especially do not enjoy some games that makes them do things that are ridiculous/over-the-board that it borderlines tasteless entertainment. :sweatingbullets: Shinhwa is Shinhwa-kind-of-funny/hilarious...they don't need silly antics to make them funny. :lol: But for the ninth album, I think they'll go on more than 8th album but maybe not as crazy as 7th album. AND, I hope that they will only choose to go on good programs not any programs. Choose quality over quantity, I would say.

So far only Eric's date has been mentioned in the news. December 3rd 2007 is his enlistment date but Top Class Entertainment i think might postponed it to 2008. And because his 30th birthday is in February maybe he will be going sometime January-February before his birthday. That is only speculation from me. He might go on Dec 3rd 2007 too. But definitely sometime 2008. I am not sure if you could postpone it till after his birthday? Not sure how that works in Korea.

hehe..on a random note, nowadays when I spell the word "February" -I'll be reminded of how Eric didn't know how to spell "February" during one of the games at the fanmeeting. I think he was so confused..spelling "Feburary" --> I think English is sometimes so deceiving. You can't spell it as it sounds. And he was also confused between Korean and English pronounciations. B)

MIS was definitely entertaining. Eric was hyper that night. Wonder what he ate? heehehe........... :rolleyes:

Haha, awwww... Eric is so adorable. XD;; That thing that you mentioned about spelling "Februrary"... LOL so cute! Sometimes I spell it without the R in between the B & the U too. Haha ~~

Hmm, I think they're trying to get Eric to go as soon as possible. Cuz I remember reading somewhere that 30 was too close of an age to not be going still. o___o But I can understand the pospone-ment (is that a word?? LOL), since he's so busy with activities... & he might not be done with all he's doing by the end of this year. x__x Gahh, I think it would be harder to go to the army RIGHT before his birthday, actually. I dunno...

LMAO I think Shinhwa has their own defintion of funniness. So you'd say like... "Oh, that's so SHINHWA". LOLOL. Never mind, that's so weird. XD; It definately is fun to see them on gameshows. I dunno, now that I think about it, it's rare to see Shinhwa do things that "borderlines tasteless entertainment"... they tend to make things "their way". I mean, I'm not saying it in a way that makes them superior or whatever, I'm just saying... like, the things they do, it's very Shinhwa-like. & it shows their true personality, & they're genuine about that. Ofcourse, they don't show their TRUE TRUE personality... like what Dongwan said in some talk show or whatever, if they really revealed more than they what they reveal now, it would "ruin their image"... ^^; Actually, it kinda makes me wonder what Dongwan means by that. u__U; Anyway, I understand where you're coming from about the gameshows. But I actually hope to see them on atleast a few... like Xman, for example. That's a very popular gameshow, & that would be a great way to promote themselves. (: We'll see when the time comes~~

OH btw, thanks for the Que Sera Sera caps. I shall go see the preview after I'm done replying! :D

Oh, one more thing. What is "MIS"? O__O;; I think I missed reading that in here. LOL sorryy x__x

AHH! preview!! eric IS GONNA LOOK SOO HOT IN THE DRAMA^^

thx Ginnie!!

anyway i thought these were cute..

The Chronicles of Shinhwa: eating prawns

Haha thanks for the caps! They're so funny & weird. XD; I remember watching this a while ago, & I think I tried looking for it, but couldn't find it again. T___T; I'm kinda hungry now... LOL. Wow, it's interesting to watch them eat. "Uncle Dongwan" haha! Always careful about the health stuff. (: Minbong, yeah, he definately WOULD go for the hands. & Andy, so cuute~~ OMG, & Hyesung, it's so him to use chopsticks & keep trying to use it. haha! XD;

Guest kriza_09

also, they selected battle, which attracts a lot of fans from younger generation. if you atually follow battle in their interviews and all, they always mention shinhwa. and being a fan of battle, you would be curious as to who this shinhwa group is and what's so special about them that battle always mention them? [not including the fact that they selected battle] what is with this group that almost every battle fan likes? so they'll go and discover who shinhwa members are.

now that you mentioned it, i start to think that shinhwa members are REALLY good strategists and businessmen.. now that they have 'BATTLE', they make sure that the young generation will also recognize them.. lol..

hmm.. i just realized something~ usually fans of boybands are younger than the members themselves.. well, this is kind of a generalization, because in some cases, there are older fans too, but the major fanbase comes from those younger people.. and with shinhwa being older and more experienced than the other boybands, the range of this younger fanbase becomes larger.. isn't that cool?? okay forget it, i don't know what i'm talking about -________-

well about the minwoo thing, i was just generalizing -__- of course, not everyone would notice minwoo first, but i'm just saying, usually people do notice minwoo first.. but of course not for everybody.. my fangirling friend noticed hyesung first.. so go figure =P

actually, there's this babysitting clip that mommie alice translated awhile ago, and hyesung was singing an old song [well, i assume it was trot O_o"] called "red lipstick" or something.. but he forgot the lyrics, that dork =P i think hyesung would do well as a trot singer though..

that's why the new younger boybands don't really appeal to me.. i mean, i still like them but they won't be someone whom i admire and respect like shinhwa.. isn't it weird that if you ever meet them, instead you call them oppas, they'll call you nuna?????

i actually noticed minwoo first as well... that was 4 years ago.. i bought a vcd that has their old MVs.. i even had their first live concert.. (i had to choreograph a dance routine for my group for my PE class) i think it's because out of the MVs, the one that made the most impression to me was 'Yo!' and 'hey come on'.. and minwoo really stood out in both MVs.. i didn't even know their names until last year, but i already had a nickname for him 'the shortest guy who can dance so well'.. it's funny that i actually encountered them 4 years ago.. and i actually had most of their albums (2nd jib - 6th jib, my choice, and that compilation album, even minwoo's 1st album!! o_O) but i wasn't hooked at all.. even when we went to Korea 4 yrs ago, with my mom saying korean men are hot, i said korean guys are NOT hot and they have weird hairstyles.. lol.. if only i realized how wrong i was.. lol.. so when i discovered youtube last year (nov 2005) i remembered shinhwa and i searched shinhwa on youtube.. that day has changed my life... lol..

shinhwa appeared in a show called '1000 songs challenge' a few times, where they had to sing a random song picked for them.. hyesung n dongwan DID sing a couple old songs (minwoo sang 1)... all the people who were there were surprised that they (being a popular dance idol group) knew all the lyrics and sang it so well.. dongwan got a really funny old song, and miraculously did a very good job (which made me thinking he's really old uncle dongwan and he shouldn't be in shinhwa..lol) oh another guest (a senior singer) got 'hey come on' but he couldn't sing it.. then the MC asked shinhwa to do it... and they did a GOOD job singing it live even back then.. after that minwoo made a comment which i can't forget until now: 'this is the first time we perform hey come on live'.. lol.. i never heard any singer made such comment.. that was during wildeyes promotion, which means he was saying that all their 'hey come on' perf were lipsync.. lol.. it really is something you won't hear from any other singer who lipsync.. he wasn't even asked or anything, he just said it out of nowhere.. i just hope he didn't get any trouble from SM..

i don't think being able to dance means having to do normal army service.. hyesung can dance alright, but he's exempted from army service.. with the conflict getting hotter between N.Korea and the US, i just hope they don't let our shinhwa boys do the normal army service.. i would be devastated if they have to fight in the front line..

Guest nutzie

ginnie - regarding the teens jumping on whatever bandwagon thingy, i shall quote something from the great kim jong kook, "that's why kids are no good" [referring to eunhye being easily swayed from him to eric in xman 24 dangyunhaji game] i'm just kidding =P but it's true that kids are influenced easily.. anyways, i leave it as that.. hahaha..

i was introduced to a friend of my friend and it turned out that she's korean.. and so my friend revealed that i like shinhwa.. and you know what was the first thing she said?? "oh shinhwa has broken up.." and my eyes were just O_O in my head i was screaming, "no they're not broken up you piece of *insert curse word*" but i couldn't say anything, i mean, my friend would have killed me right there and then for killing her friend.. so i was like *mentally closed hearing* anyways, i mean, she must have thought about the bouts of inactivity that shinhwa was having during 2005 i guess.. cos she was saying about how they go on with their solo activities and "once in awhile, they would come back and make an album or single" [i think that was her exact words] but since i became their fan [which is probably not long, cos i started liking them a year ago, but that's considered pretty long for a fish, cos they have short attention span] i've never run out of anything to watch or listen, just because they're so entertaining that i can watch clips or listen to songs gazillion times without getting bored..

actually, i love them on gameshows.. especially when they come out on them together.. it makes it even funnier, cos they start opening up and make everything fun.. and even if they have to do some crazily stupid stuff, they do it the shinhwa way, which makes everything seems a lot better.. okay, maybe i'm shallow, but i'm a fish, i'm sick of being deep [nevermind me!!! i still want to be eric's fishie T-T]

and i think he ate crab during MIS.. because my mom said she craved for crabs when she was pregnant with my brother, and so she ate it almost on a daily basis, and look at him now -____- he can't even stay still for 5 seconds..

xh - hahahah.. that's so cutee~~ hyesung's battle with the darn prawn =P wasn't that in singapore? looks like it's a random hawker centre.. hahaha.. and i think i would do it hyesung's way too, cos i don't like getting my hands dirty while eating outside.. his determination is admirable though.. taking such a long time to get a prawn out of the shell and eating it just for 5 seconds..

riz - MIS is mission impossible shinhwa, what the fanmeeting was called..

kriza - shhh!!! don't let mommie alice read that.. hahahaha.. but that reminds me.. i saw this clip about older fans.. hold on let me find it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKS3jCSDW3E

here!! i think there's nothing wrong being older than the artists that you adore.. like mommie alice, you just make them your adopted sons.. hahaha.. or adopted little brothers if you're not old enough..

actually, the very first clip that i watched from youtube [of shinhwa] was the kissing game.. that was when i was still in my j-rock j-pop phase.. and i thought it was hilarious, but i didn't know who they were.. and then after i got hooked to shinhwa, i found that clip again, and i realized it was the same clip that i saw before..

you went to korea???? oh my, you went to korea and wasn't a fan of shinhwa back then.. geez, just your luck.. you could have stalked them while you were there.. i went to korea too!! like, 4 years ago? hahah.. it was only a transit at the airport, we couldn't even go out of the terminal -____- and when i told my mom i want to go to korea, she was like "oh but we've been there before!!" [referring to the airport visit thingy >_<]

but i heard that north korea has decided to hold their nuclear whatever thingy, so hopefully by the time eric gets into the army, it's been done already.. besides, i think he has to go training for a few months before doing the real thing or something, so that kinda gives him time before he has to fight the real battle i guess? and i hope by that time, it's all nice and peaceful, so he won't even have to do anything ^^"

As long as there is demand for Shinhwa, there will be Shinhwa albums, Shinhwa activities.

As long as there are fans irregardless of age, nationality, gender etc etc, there will be Shinhwa albums, activites.

But with or without albums/activities, as long as there is friendship, there will be Shinhwa.

Guest itz Nhari

As long as there is demand for Shinhwa, there will be Shinhwa albums, Shinhwa activities.

As long as there are fans irregardless of age, nationality, gender etc etc, there will be Shinhwa albums, activites.

But with or without albums/activities, as long as there is friendship, there will be Shinhwa.

Wow. I loved how you phrased that. Simply agree with every single word! AWESOME <3

Guest sunnydays.

shinhwa appeared in a show called '1000 songs challenge' a few times, where they had to sing a random song picked for them.. hyesung n dongwan DID sing a couple old songs (minwoo sang 1)... all the people who were there were surprised that they (being a popular dance idol group) knew all the lyrics and sang it so well.. dongwan got a really funny old song, and miraculously did a very good job (which made me thinking he's really old uncle dongwan and he shouldn't be in shinhwa..lol) oh another guest (a senior singer) got 'hey come on' but he couldn't sing it.. then the MC asked shinhwa to do it... and they did a GOOD job singing it live even back then.. after that minwoo made a comment which i can't forget until now: 'this is the first time we perform hey come on live'.. lol.. i never heard any singer made such comment.. that was during wildeyes promotion, which means he was saying that all their 'hey come on' perf were lipsync.. lol.. it really is something you won't hear from any other singer who lipsync.. he wasn't even asked or anything, he just said it out of nowhere.. i just hope he didn't get any trouble from SM..

i don't think being able to dance means having to do normal army service.. hyesung can dance alright, but he's exempted from army service.. with the conflict getting hotter between N.Korea and the US, i just hope they don't let our shinhwa boys do the normal army service.. i would be devastated if they have to fight in the front line..

Haha, Minbong, saying something like that. XD;; Were they not allowed to say that the lipsync? O__O;; but isn't it kinda obvious... LOL. Hahaha, I remember watching that clip, Dongwan was so cute singing that old song. XD;; (: Heyy come onn~~ Hmm, well then, the army thing, do they let celebrities go onto the "front" line? Well, are there celebrities that HAVE done the normal army service? Because I also read somewhere that celebrities are usually given "slack" because yeah, they ARE music artists/actors/actresses/etc. But i dunno...

i've never run out of anything to watch or listen, just because they're so entertaining that i can watch clips or listen to songs gazillion times without getting bored..

actually, i love them on gameshows.. especially when they come out on them together.. it makes it even funnier, cos they start opening up and make everything fun.. and even if they have to do some crazily stupid stuff, they do it the shinhwa way, which makes everything seems a lot better.. okay, maybe i'm shallow, but i'm a fish, i'm sick of being deep [nevermind me!!! i still want to be eric's fishie T-T]

riz - MIS is mission impossible shinhwa, what the fanmeeting was called..

actually, the very first clip that i watched from youtube [of shinhwa] was the kissing game.. that was when i was still in my j-rock j-pop phase.. and i thought it was hilarious, but i didn't know who they were.. and then after i got hooked to shinhwa, i found that clip again, and i realized it was the same clip that i saw before..

but i heard that north korea has decided to hold their nuclear whatever thingy, so hopefully by the time eric gets into the army, it's been done already.. besides, i think he has to go training for a few months before doing the real thing or something, so that kinda gives him time before he has to fight the real battle i guess? and i hope by that time, it's all nice and peaceful, so he won't even have to do anything ^^"

Gahhh O____O that must've been really hard not to blow up in your friend's friend's face... LOL mang if I were you i'd been like, "NOOOOOOO THEY'RE NOT BROKEN UPPP ASJKELJ;RKASER;AJEKR;" Hahaha :D Yeah, I love watching them on gameshows too. They make me happy SOOOO much. ^___^ Yeahh, I don't really run out of Shinhwa videos either! I watch new ones OR I rewatch old ones that I haven't seen in a while. ;] Oh yeahh, the fanmeeting!! Ofcourse ofcourse! Funny, I JUST finished watching that fanmeeting clip on youtube. XD; Thanks Natz. (: <3 Haha you know what's weird? When I FIRST started liking Kpop, my friend sent me these random Kpop videos... a few of them were Shinhwa's, although I didn't start noticing them/liking them until like, a year later that... it must've been fate! LOL! anyway, those Kpop videos my friend sent, one of them was the suck&blow/kissing-card game! & also a video where Shinhwa was in egg costumes... LOLOL I remember watching those & being like, "O__O wtffff so weird!" HAHA But it made me laugh. & I remember one of the guys caught my eye because I thought he was very good looking. I dont' remember who though. XD; Gahh, I must watch the videos againn...

(: <3 I love that. Thanks~~

--

HAHAHA OMGGG EUSHA EUSHA! There's so cuuute... I think in this video, they're not lipsyncing... they're SOO adorable, & THEIR VOICES OMGG!! XDDD it really makes you miss the old Shinhwa times --

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OkpHTMiVJWI

(: Eusha eusha. :D :D <3

Guest iheartjoojihoon

aww..that's such a good way to think of it! i especially like the last line. even if they ever go their separate ways to do their own stuff i think they'll always be friends since such they all have such a strong bond. that's one of the main reasons i love them so much. you can really see that they have a brotherly relationship in addition to their friendship.

while we're on the topic of their fans, i actually just became a fan of Shinhwa this summer. after seeing the "once in a lifetime" mv i was hooked to their music. and after seeing super rookie i was hooked to eric. and after seeing a numerous amount of gameshows, mvs, interviews etc. i loved all of them. they are all really like-able because they all seem like genuinely nice guys and they all can be funny and in their own ways. they're also not pompous or self-centered which is a great quality for an entertainer to have. they also have a genuine friendship and brotherhood which is awesome and respectable. it seems like a lot of groups (at least in america) break up nowadays because singers compete for the lead and so they end up doing their own thing.

i think its a compliment to Shinhwa that they have such a wide and diverse group of fans all around the world. it means that they're music and style is listen-able to a lot of people since you would think that most older people wouldn't like their type of music or that people wouldn't be interested because they don't understand the language. language isn't really a barrier anymore. personally i don't understand a thing (well at least most of it since i can catch several words like sarang..haha..) but i still love their music and listen to it a lot (i've been listening to once in a lifetime like everyday!! can't get enough of it..) and i watch a lot of their youtube videos (thank goodness for youtube!!.. it really brings the world closer to each other). hopefully one day they'll travel around the world and stop by america. i don't really know how popular they are in america though since it seems like a lot of korean americans aren't really into korean music even though there are a lot of them who are. So i totally understand you nutzie your friend's korean friend thought that Shinhwa was no longer together. i have a korean friends who probably doesn't even know of shinhwa.

and about them going onto gameshows and such..i actually like it a lot since you can see their personalities more like flipside said and they are definitely really entertaining to watch because they can be so funny without being extreme or stupid. i really enjoyed the ya shim man man episode (don't remember the episode number) because you got to hear some personal stories and they were all funny just with the things they were saying.

Archived