[OFFICIAL] SHINHWA 신화 THREAD

Guest lenakeem

1. ShinHwa's spoken Japanese?

Dongwan's Japanese is very good and also Hyesung's. But for other members... I barely hear them speak Japanese!!

Ahh~ I have to kinda agree with this, I can barely hear the Japanese words clearly while listening to their Japanese songs, but what I do hear is like <3~

>w< wahh, sounds like everyone who went to the concert had loads of fun :DD Now I wish I sneaked onto the plane with my friend to Singapore and stay there till Sept 10th to be able to go to their concert~!!

• Replies 29.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

adikkeluangman- thanks for the news... but i hate how people always call the members by their last names in articles and stuff... like, there are soo many lees, shins, parks, kims, and muns(actually i think people usually use the spelling moon) so it is annoying.... stupid. and then they call junjin jun???? wtf??? hello!!! at least park is better... if it was jin maybe i would let them go but jun is way wierd.... its not even the last sylable of his name... so odd....

Wow this thread is really moving!

kk12- Thanks for all the scans. The boys look awesome sweating XD Hmmm...comparing M and Hoyoung....what's to compare...they aren't exactly similar? Maybe it's because they're both the first to do solo albums from their respective groups.

Ummm...you could read my fanfics....they're about shinhwa :) ^^; On the other hand, don't, I never update lolz <_<

haha! maybe i will... actually i read a whole fanfic today that was sooo long!!! so many chapters... but i had it saved on my computer and my friend from school had recomended it to me... so i finished that ... sadly it was not shinhwa related... but i could think of it..i always think, this reminds me of shinhwa... haha. i will go read your stories tomorrow... but you have to promise to update!!! hehe!:D

well dbsk has like 7 japanese singles and nowadays i see them more in japan than in korea. the same with se7en he stayed in japan during a long period of time, if shinhwa does something like that i'm sure their japanese would be better compared to other korean singers. the only member of shinhwa that stayed in japan to learn the language was hyesung (maybe thats one of the reasons he got the best pronuntiation). to be honest i think that he is the only one that really knows the language and that the others only know a few words and learn the song in japanese.

BTW i have a few questions: i don't understand why shinhwa didnt start earlier their overseas activities, why they wait this long to do it, why during the years they were with sm, the company never try to promote them asia wide at least. why everything takes so long for shinhwa, even their first live concert (it was in 2001 right?) and they debuted in 1998, it took them almost 3 years to have a concert and nowadays i see all these new and young groups havin concerts with only a few albums out or no album at all.

hmm.. actually i have wondered about this a lot... but i dunno. i think maybe because they started on solo activities first, like acting and stuff.... junjins 1st drama... the one about the nine tailed fox(i know what its called in korean but dont know the english translation....) was ... i think 2 years ago... maybe 3, ot sure, and erics pheonix was even before that! so was dongwans spin kick, and andy was id nonstop 4 2 years ago and stuff, so they never really had time to go overseas... all the new bands that go international, they dont really appear in korea anymore. and when they go international, they lose fans to newer bands. and they are so busy doing stuff overseas that they dont really get into other activities like acting or solo albums.... usually when those types of bands start doing other things, they end up breaking up... or they start acting or mc-ing or solo albums after they break up. so i think shinhwa made a good choice to wait. and plus, they are from a small company. goodenter only has shinhwa. and lim jeong hee is goodenter too i think, but shes not that popular i dont think. i only know her cuz of wang lee hom. and charlie park? no comment. so shinhwa is practically the only thing that is kepping goodemg alive. but SM and YG family, they are much bigger. and SM is huge... no HUGE!!! so they can afford to send their singers away to other distant lands... i personally think that going overseas to soon isnt that much of a good thing... im always on shinhwas side so if they didnt go internationaly that fast, noone should... :D

omg! those pictures!! so hott!! i was wondering why it took my stupid comtputer so long to load!! iwant the special edition soo bad!! ahh!! soo hott!! DROOL! well, getting late!! bye everyone!! goodnight shinhwa, even though its like afternoon in korea rightnow... but still....

angelix- thank you for posting the link!!!!!

Guest chopsticksandspoon

adikkeluangman- thanks for the news... but i hate how people always call the members by their last names in articles and stuff... like, there are soo many lees, shins, parks, kims, and muns(actually i think people usually use the spelling moon) so it is annoying.... stupid. and then they call junjin jun???? wtf??? hello!!! at least park is better... if it was jin maybe i would let them go but jun is way wierd.... its not even the last sylable of his name... so odd....

haha! maybe i will... actually i read a whole fanfic today that was sooo long!!! so many chapters... but i had it saved on my computer and my friend from school had recomended it to me... so i finished that ... sadly it was not shinhwa related... but i could think of it..i always think, this reminds me of shinhwa... haha. i will go read your stories tomorrow... but you have to promise to update!!! hehe!:D

hmm.. actually i have wondered about this a lot... but i dunno. i think maybe because they started on solo activities first, like acting and stuff.... junjins 1st drama... the one about the nine tailed fox(i know what its called in korean but dont know the english translation....) was ... i think 2 years ago... maybe 3, ot sure, and erics pheonix was even before that! so was dongwans spin kick, and andy was id nonstop 4 2 years ago and stuff, so they never really had time to go overseas... all the new bands that go international, they dont really appear in korea anymore. and when they go international, they lose fans to newer bands. and they are so busy doing stuff overseas that they dont really get into other activities like acting or solo albums.... usually when those types of bands start doing other things, they end up breaking up... or they start acting or mc-ing or solo albums after they break up. so i think shinhwa made a good choice to wait. and plus, they are from a small company. goodenter only has shinhwa. and lim jeong hee is goodenter too i think, but shes not that popular i dont think. i only know her cuz of wang lee hom. and charlie park? no comment. so shinhwa is practically the only thing that is kepping goodemg alive. but SM and YG family, they are much bigger. and SM is huge... no HUGE!!! so they can afford to send their singers away to other distant lands... i personally think that going overseas to soon isnt that much of a good thing... im always on shinhwas side so if they didnt go internationaly that fast, noone should... :D

i agree on this ^^ though i still stick with my original theory but this seems much more easier andf simpler ^^ and yes, goodenter only have shinhwa as their one and only really big thing so it's kinda hard maybe to send them off to everywhere... but i still like to think that atleast, shinhwa's focus is their home country korea and not some far away island. this just goes to show their undying love for their country.. ahh...

and actually, i like how shinhwa's with goodenter, cause if they stayed with sm, sm will just replace them with another new band of younger artists after sometime... sm has like this new flavor of the month thing... so so so glad shinhwa went over to goodenter ^^

Guest nutzie

hahahahha.. sweaty junjin towel.. if i was her, i would just leave it somewhere safe where nobody could steal it.. and then, when there's autograph sessions, i would bring that towel and ask him to sign =P see if he can recognize his own sweat smell.. *i'm getting so gross even i myself am getting goosebumps*

ahhh, i feel so envious of everybody who went to the concert >_<"" seems like everyone had a good time.. i sure hope they do concerts in north america.. and don't forget vancouver and toronto, they're decent places to do concerts in canada, because there are lots of korean immigrants, and other fans too.. pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~~~

Hi!! I'm a Japanese fan living in Japan.

I joined soopi quite a while ago but didn't have a chance to make comments. So this will be my first post in soompi!!

My opinion on the Shinhwa's pronouciations are

1. ShinHwa's spoken Japanese?

Dongwan's Japanese is very good and also Heysung's. But for other members... I barely hear them speak Japanese!!

2. ShinHwa's singing in Japanese?

Pretty good I think. Shinhwa members always say it's difficult to pronouce the sounds of "tsu" and "zu" because they don't exist in Korean. But they are doing very well pronouncing those words so I give them A+ for singing in Japanese!

3. ShinHwa's Japanese compared to other korean singers who's also debuted in the Japanese market (except Boa...I know where she stands :sweatingbullets:) ?

I happened to hear DBSK speak Japanese but their Japanese was amazing! I didn't know they speak so fluently... So when it comes to speaking Japanese, DBSK wins.

Honestly speaking, other Korean singers such as K, Yunna and Sun min all speaks Japanese very well compared to Shinhwa. But this might be because they all were nowhere in both Korea and Japan before the debut, so their desire to become famous and popular in Japan is much stronger than that of Shinhwa who's already gained a lot of popularity in Korea. So they study Japanese much harder then Shinhwa.

But the worst speaker of Japanese should be Bi. His Japanese never improves...

coolio

its great knowing that shinhwa's japanese is good despite the fact that they just learned it?

rite?

rite/

LOL

Okay, since you gals seem to get news alot faster than me, please post quickly as possible if anyone hears more on the Las Vegas. If by chance, Shinwa do have concert in MGM in Las Vegas, I need few months to get ready! LOL!

I need to go on a serious diet and color my white hair out (been getting alot of white hair thanks to my teenager sons). LOL! I refused to color my hair up to now because once you start coloring you have to continue and I'm too lazy for that. BUT for Shinhwa, I'll endure 2-3 hours in hair salon to color my white hair out! I'll take my CD player and listen to Shinhwa's music while they do my hair! LOL!

As for diet, I've tried so many times but failed! The more I think of not eating, the more craving I got so I always gain more weight when I go on diet. BUT again, for Shinhwa, I'll seriously go on diet.

And of course, I have to come up with plan to persuade my husband we need to go to Las Vegas for Shinhwa's concert. Any ideas???? LOL!

"Mommie" Alice

ROFL.

damn, u crack me up.

anyways yeah. if anyboyd finds out about las vegas concert, plz let us noe ^^

kk12 -- I modified all links of pix. I hope you would be enjoy to see thoes pix. In fact, all of my friends went to Shinwha concert. We don't know much about Shinwha. We just recognize them as No.1 Korean Band and that ensure us not to miss this concert. And it's totally correct about Their No.1. I really enjoyed this concert. I scream since the concert start till the end. Of course, it made my throat hurt but who can bear with their awesome. My friend noticed that Eric was not good on that day. But he still sang, dance till the end. I think he might be very tried because of his tight schedule. Hyesung, OMG... his voice is very lovely. When Andy and JunJin sang the song and played to the bear. And Dongwan tried to wear the boxer that some fan throw it to the stage. All Scenes were cute (>.<) ... Really fall in love with Shinwha

I'm sorry that my friends could take only few pictures.

it makes me so happy how you weren't even like a big shinhwa fan .. or a fan at all but u went to theeir concert anyways and nwo yo'ure a fan!

COOLIOS

<3

Okay, question is what are you going to do with SWEATY Junjin's towel? LOL!

You can't wash it becaue it won't be the same.....but then it's wet, sweaty, smelly towel....how would you keep it???? LOL! Put it in glass case or zip lock bag???? LOL!

"Mommie" Alice

rofl

yea, what wuld somebody do with that.....

AHH MY HAND HURTS FROM MAKIN COTTON CANDY T-T

im'a stop typing or im' gon break my hand

lmao

byee girls<3

Guest angel2nyt

im actually happy that they concentrated on korea first so that they will have very solid fanbase.. which they have now

im also happy that shinhwa in in goodEnter because they know how to really take care of them since they are their only huge asset

and as hyesung said in one of their interviews, goodenter makes them feel more like family because goodenter is open to all the shinhwa members comments and suggestions

and when you look at sm, they try to concentrate so much on the their really, really huge acts and they sometimes tend to forget about other talents (i wont name names)... by the way im jeong hee is in JYPE Entertainment with Rain...

wow.. i just noticed this thread has so many people reading it every time im here..

so happy... hehe...

Hi, can any help pls? Some friends and I are thinking of going to Shinhwa's concert in Singapore. How can I book/buy tickets? Is there a web site for booking? I read somewhere back that someone had 2 tickets for sell. Is the payment in US or Sing dollar? Thanks. By the way, where's the concert held so that we can book our accomodation too? Thanks. Shinhwa forever.

i went to shinhwa live in bangkok. since i arrived i saw people didn't much but they were only shinhwa fans. i saw korean, japanese and chinese fan. i got a fan from japanese fan ^^ thanks [there was jj b'day on that fan]. when concert started with perfect man, i scream and had fun with them. i liked their performance very much. i'm not real fans but i thought i loved them more ^^ . i think it liked 'once in a lifetime'. i'm glad to decide to watch that concert. hopr them'll be back again.

Guest nutzie

Hi, can any help pls? Some friends and I are thinking of going to Shinhwa's concert in Singapore. How can I book/buy tickets? Is there a web site for booking? I read somewhere back that someone had 2 tickets for sell. Is the payment in US or Sing dollar? Thanks. By the way, where's the concert held so that we can book our accomodation too? Thanks. Shinhwa forever.

you can try sistic website maybe? i read it from a few pages back.. this is the website.. and i believe the concert is held at the indoor stadium which is in kallang.. if you search for accomodation around the east, you should be fine.. but be careful if you want to stay in geylang.. hahaha.. not exactly advisable, especially if you're girls =P

i'm not sure about specifics of accomodation because i don't live there.. so yeah, maybe locals can advise you more about it?

Guest vietgirl604

Yeah I agree. LOL Jun is so funny..well, how you said it anyways. Haha, I watched Jin's drama..it was so good! LOL. Yeah, I think if Shinhwa doesn't go internationally fast, no one should. Cause look, Shinhwa is BIG BIG BIG ..doing whatever they're doing. I would totally follow their footsteps.

[scans] State of the Art Special Edition Photobook *lots*

CLICK to see ----> http://www.s-shinhwasarang.net/forums/index.php?topic=4543.0

credits : ^comet^ @ http://s-shinhwasarang.net/forums

HOT HOT HOT pictures. Besides all of them together, I found MinWoo and Eric picture the hottest. They're like my two most favorite men in the world. But my top 6, is Shinhwa. This is all not including my dad of course LOL!.

hahahahha.. sweaty junjin towel.. if i was her, i would just leave it somewhere safe where nobody could steal it.. and then, when there's autograph sessions, i would bring that towel and ask him to sign =P see if he can recognize his own sweat smell.. *i'm getting so gross even i myself am getting goosebumps*

ahhh, i feel so envious of everybody who went to the concert >_<"" seems like everyone had a good time.. i sure hope they do concerts in north america.. and don't forget vancouver and toronto, they're decent places to do concerts in canada, because there are lots of korean immigrants, and other fans too.. pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~~~

HHAHAHS. That's so funny. I never even thought of that. Wonder if he remembers his own smell LOL! This cracked me up so bad and it's past 3am! LOL.

Why don't you try PMing that person that said that?

do you know who is the first who'll join the army?? :tears: :tears: and when?? ;___;

I don't know, but I want to know too. I'll be so sad..sniff sniff.

Man, hearing news about the Thailand concert is so excited. I can't wait to hear about the Singapore concert, and the other ones in Japan.

:)vietgirl604

Guest chopsticksandspoon

im actually happy that they concentrated on korea first so that they will have very solid fanbase.. which they have now

im also happy that shinhwa in in goodEnter because they know how to really take care of them since they are their only huge asset

and as hyesung said in one of their interviews, goodenter makes them feel more like family because goodenter is open to all the shinhwa members comments and suggestions

and when you look at sm, they try to concentrate so much on the their really, really huge acts and they sometimes tend to forget about other talents (i wont name names)... by the way im jeong hee is in JYPE Entertainment with Rain...

wow.. i just noticed this thread has so many people reading it every time im here..

so happy... hehe...

yes, exactly what i was thinking of. being in a small company is good... ahh... they take good care of their talents. ^^ plus about the staying in korea, as i've said before, it's good to establish their fanbase first in their homecountry. it is in fact their country, right? plus other countries have their own sets of talemted artists, so it is always better to concentrate on their own country first. ^^

plus to what kjinn, i;m really glad you guys came! ^^ i mean, you weren't even that familiar with them,, no? and yet... argh! am getting all envious again -_-

EDIT:::

gawd! did i just own a page?????? i did???

*jumps up and down* i finally did! woot!!!! page 495 is mine!!!! bwahahahahahaha!!!!

Guest nutzie

i think, a few pages back, mommie alice was talking about andy's singing [i'm not sure though, heheh.. maybe i was just imagining things..] so i thought, i wanna share with you guys a video of andy singing.. and i mean really singing, not rapping..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WEcKo0m21l4

the audio gets kinda funky in the middle, and sometimes the crowd screams too loud, but i would have to say, his voice isn't that bad for a rapper.. what do you guys think?

on a totally unrelated note, i think i should just sleep.. spent 1/2 hour looking for this video and i have to go to gym in 5 hours [it's like, 6.40 am my time -_-"].. i'm positively drugged, with shinhwa =P

Guest cpopbaby19

yes yes!!! if any news on vegas.. please! i need to know. my mom says i can go if they do come but i need to start saving up.. and find out how im gonna get there... mommie alice- i wonder if we could meet... it would be awesome to meet the cool mom that loves shinhwa... yeah. im really excited. and thinking about it makes me hyper....

tvxqsaraeng-welcome welcome! isnt his new haircut for the drama hes filming??? hm.... he cant go to the army yet.... lus h e had the wolf accident recently... he cant go yet....

^new drama??? -O-; seriously.. i don't know what's goin on.. but yeah.. im pretty delighted that he won't go to the army this october!! ^O^; weee~~~ but... iono abt wannie.. is he going?????

kk12 -- I modified all links of pix. I hope you would be enjoy to see thoes pix. In fact, all of my friends went to Shinwha concert. We don't know much about Shinwha. We just recognize them as No.1 Korean Band and that ensure us not to miss this concert. And it's totally correct about Their No.1. I really enjoyed this concert. I scream since the concert start till the end. Of course, it made my throat hurt but who can bear with their awesome. My friend noticed that Eric was not good on that day. But he still sang, dance till the end. I think he might be very tried because of his tight schedule. Hyesung, OMG... his voice is very lovely. When Andy and JunJin sang the song and played to the bear. And Dongwan tried to wear the boxer that some fan throw it to the stage. All Scenes were cute (>.<) ... Really fall in love with Shinwha

I'm sorry that my friends could take only few pictures.

^ WAHHHHHHHHH!! lucky luckkyyy!!! you saw shinhwa in the flesh! i don't know why shinhwa wont come here in the philippines and perform a concert... there's alooottt of koreans in here and alot of shinhwa fans.. i can feel that alot of ppl are going to come... *cries*

TT__TT;

im really really envious~!!!!!! waaaaaahhhh

ํYes, it's Thai. In brief, everyone who went to the concert was satisfied. Some wrote that Andy is definitely cute. Many loves Eric. There's a person who got the towel that Junjin used. She is very happy.

^o_o OMGGGGG

SO LUCKKYY!!! i were here, i'd get that towel laminated!!! XD muahahahahaha

:blush: Shinhwa's concert was simply awesome ..... :excl:

My friends and i got to the Impact Arena at 6pm... we got in with fanclub members ( all in bright orange shirts and armbands, bandenas...) at about 630pm and got very close to the stage - standing space that is.

We sat down on the floor to conserve energy ... slowly we could see the seats fill up. At 9pm sharp the concert started... the whole arena lit up with banners and lightsticks .... it was so atmospheric! True the people at the highest tier were moved down to fill the seats lower down - but honestly from where we were located - very near the stage...- looking back was a sight that i will not easily forget....a huge sea of waving hands and lites.... :lol:

It sure seemed like the place had more than 5000+ people. However many people there were - it's obvious we all had a great time.

There were so many foreign fans ... Surrounding me were ppl frm Japan , Indonesia , Malaysia , and even Koreans ... there was this lady behind me who came with her 10 year old daughter !!!

Security was very strict and we were not allowed to take pictures...

I don't understand this at all- all we want is a personal memory of the event ... our own pics.. and we have to face the intimidation of the security. It's not like the pictures are of good enuff quality to sell or anything...on the contrary amongst the jostling... pics are usually quite blurr...!!!

The sound system could have been better ... I could see Minwoo struggling with his earpiece...

Minwoo was so fantastic... In his solo bit he stripped off his shirt and I nearly fainted.... :P His dancing is just outstanding!!!!!!

So many memorable bits ... just thot i share a little with u guys... :D

^awww.. too bad no pictures.. :( TT__TT; anyway, thanks for sharing your experience! ^^; and yeah.. even though im dying of jealousy in front of my computer... -___________________-;

ANYWAY, i missed alot.. and.... what's happening??

after the concert.. can anyone tell me what's the group doing? or what will they do?? :sweatingbullets:

Guest sam chin

I have 2 tickets left at $128.00 and seat details: T34 Row 19 seat 8-9. If you want these tickets, contact with me. This is my email: e_mail129@yahoo.com.

I saw this msg and i thought it might be helpful to u...

Too bad I can't go to the concert....very very sad... :(

20/9 [News] JunJin returned..

CLICK to read ----> http://www.s-shinhwasarang.net/forums/index.php?topic=4575.0

credits : angel_b3k @ http://s-shinhwasarang.net/forums

thank you as usual for all your news updates, angelix..

poor jinnie... :( hope everything's ok.. im nervous.. especially he had injury in the head before..

well, i was kinda feeling inspired again.. so yes, made a weird poem while listening to 2gether 4ever! gah. i swear i never get tired of listening to theIr 7th jib... all the songs are... my favorite!

S-ix men brought together by faith

H-eld together by their passion

I-nfinitely a treasure to each other

N-ever going to waver

H-ail or storm may come

W-ith one another they’ll all emerge as victors

A-mazingly happy and strong

W-ith all these problems

I-n all these hardships

L-ove for them is all they need

L-ove for their music is all they need

B-elieve in them always