Guest lenakeem

• Replies 29.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hyesunglove

I haven't been here for so long!!

Dang I used to be SO OBSESSED with shinhwa back in the day..lol

Now I'm getting old, and I still love them and will always, but I guess I'm growing out of the kpop obsession phase..

It's actually very sad, but I guess nothing lasts forever and as shinhwa gets older, fans will get older..

But yeah, what prompted me to check up on this forum is cause lately i've been really loving 2pm and they kinda reminded me of shinhwa back in the day!!! Looking at all the die-hard fans reminds me of how die hard I once was..

ANYWAY what's up with shinhwa nowadays??? anything new I should be caught up on? haha

No worries. As long as there is still that pinch in you that makes you think of Shinhwa, getting old should never get in the way of one's love for their artists. Actually they haven't aged a bit, maybe they don't look as fresh as they used to, but to me they are still the same people with same personality as when they first debuted. I hope that I can live with Shinhwa in me forever. :P

Well, Shinhwa are men now, so three of them are currently serving their military service: Eric, Dongwan, and Junjin (my love :D ). The rest will soon follow except for Hyesung, I'm sure you know why he's exempted.

I think Minwoo is working on his next album, Andy is currently promoting "Single Man," and Hyesung......uh......I don't know about him.....concert? :lol:

So Edward's started this 'most influential kpop artists this past decade' thread

Redirect yourself here >> http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=321232

And I feel like I should write something about Shinhwa and show some love :wub: ...

But then I will definitely might end up writing an essay...

Which would end up revealing my scary obsessive self...

Which I'm not.

Really. :ph34r:

Anyways, I thought if any of you guys think Shinhwa was an influential factor in kpop this past decade, you might want to check it out ~ :)

Thanks for showing us that. I honestly think Shinhwa is a very influential artist to newbies. I mean maybe their bond is more inlfuential than their music, but hey, influence is the key word. There are tons of others like Seo Taji too and all the other ones I can't name.

Guest grumpynomore

oh CRYSTALIS you MUST write one hehehe.

should i say 'thank you' in advance? :P

i love reading long posts about the boys. i wish someone would publish a book about them. :D

Guest prncssptri

hi people!! long time since i posted anything in this thread!

Crystalis! you've got to write one!! :P I've read some but they only mention shinhwa just because it's the longest running boy group in kpop, we know they're more than that ;)

uurgh.. i really miss these guys!

but thanks crystalis for uploading Love Letter episode! *hug*

how are you guys?!

Guest karendm

Hey just out of curiousity, are there any Shinhwa fans here over the age of 30? I am one of them and was just wondering if there are any more fans out there in my age group.

I have started a Shinhwa concert fund for myself so that I will have enough money to fly to Seoul to see Shinhwa on their 15th Anniversary concert. I live in Singapore. :D

hiii...everyone

crystalis, I also agree with grumphy and prncssptri, u MUST write one

yeah they just made our shinhwa into the list just coz of their title long lasting boy band in Korea. So, crystalis u should tell

them that our shinhwa are more than that :lol: Actually i love your writing....you should try one there and

spread Shinhwa love.

karendm, i believe they are many shinhwa fans who are in their 30s, even they are also fans in their 40s. Most of the fans in

this age are from Korea and Japan i think. Of course in Korea they are the hardcore fans who grown together with them since

their debut... Hey, don't forget Shinhwa they also have many fans in 20s and 10s . I'm 23 years old and i just become

shinhwa fans about 1 and half year ago. Hopefully when they reunite again in 2012, thay will make it very BIG

comeback and show the others idol group their true power... SHINHWA CHANGJO

Aaah before i forgot, thanz again crystalis for subbing love letter episodes. and also uploding AAS DVD. I hope you will keep

your promise to share the DVD when it is out of print. I will wait for that day :D

Guest lynne_c
Hey just out of curiousity, are there any Shinhwa fans here over the age of 30? I am one of them and was just wondering if there are any more fans out there in my age group.

I have started a Shinhwa concert fund for myself so that I will have enough money to fly to Seoul to see Shinhwa on their 15th Anniversary concert. I live in Singapore. :D

hi karen... to answer your question... i'm standing up proudly to be counted :P

above 30 and still shinhwa-crajee, lol

i don't post as much as i should... probably because most of the time i have nothing much to say...

i guess this post, in addition to answering your question, also dove-tails nicely with some of the earlier posts about how fans are growing up just as shinhwa has grown up... the downside is, sometimes life gets in the way of fan-girling, lol. for me personally now, i don't have the time to go online and vote and stuff... the most i can do is to vote with my money by buying all their CDs and DVDs... i'm sure the guys are totally aware of this fact

last but not least.... crystalis... i totally think you should write that essay in that thread!

This is my first time writing here, so HELLO SHINHWA CHANGJO!!

I really think you guys should write something on that thread. Mostly because I think people don't

know much about SHinhwa's achievements (including myself, though I pride myself of being a fan)

This will be a great way for others to learn a bit more about Shinhwa and their contribution to kpop :)

That being said, I reallly miss Dongwan oppa! DO you guys know when he will be out? it's been only a year, but it seems like it has been longer T_T

It's funny your question brings to post again here. I've been around but didn't post for long time.

I'm 47 and in US and I'm saving money to go to Korea too as soon as my younger son graduates high school which is in 2 years. Even if my timing is right, I doubt if my husband my sons would let me go to Shinhwa's concert unless they want to join me! LOL!

I definately think you should write something. You are great with words and you know so much about Shinhwa.

So Edward's started this 'most influential kpop artists this past decade' thread

Redirect yourself here >> http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=321232

And I feel like I should write something about Shinhwa and show some love :wub: ...

But then I will definitely might end up writing an essay...

Which would end up revealing my scary obsessive self...

Which I'm not.

Really. :ph34r:

Anyways, I thought if any of you guys think Shinhwa was an influential factor in kpop this past decade, you might want to check it out ~ :)

Guest karendm

I'm glad to see that there are many Shinhwa fans who are above 30. I am 40 and just discovered Shinhwa in May this year. Since then I have bought everything I can find on Shinhwa. My favourite is Dongwan. I liked him from the first time I saw him. I can't wait for them to come back again and I do hope that they will make it big and stay around for a long time more.

Here's who I like in Shinhwa in running order:

1) Kim Dong Wan

2) Eric Mun

3) Jun Jin

4) Shin Hye Sung

5) Andy Lee

6) Lee Min Woo

ULINEUN SHINHWA CHANGJO!!!

Guest rose_liana

hi all...havent post anything in this thread..so glad n feel relief whenever i come back here, i can still see familiar names and new fans..

first of all, hi to dothat36!!! welcome to this thread! hope you will post more here..btw, its been a year since DW's enlistment, so probably he will be out next year.. :)

crystalis i do think you should write something there..let people know more about Shinhwa cuz from what i see, most of the replies state shinhwa's name without knowing much about shinhwa...they only shinhwa is the longest running boyband.. ;)

grumpynomore OMG!!! that was weird and hilarious! but, sungie looks cute though.. :P

just watched this! Wannie oppa so plain crazy! "COME AND CATCH ME" muahahahahaha...n Minsung is cute too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UenpvNdBWe4

credit: 80sLN for the vid and alwaysforever for translation

Guest chibetiti

oh my :( i miss them so much it seems like they have gone forever

now i find it's quite hard to get over when re-watching their old video/gameshow..

i watch Dream Team 2 but i keep remember old DT with Junjin :(

i tried to find their old video but on youtube there are only some low quality file :(

please, guys if u still have feelings for Shinhwa, continue to post their video :( this thread is so DEAD :(

here : Gay Dong Wan :

Thanks for all the encouragements, gals, but I don't think I will because I, unfortunately, exhausted my Shinhwa essay writing somewhere else just before I discovered the thread lolz As to where I wrote this, it's best not to disclose >.< It is kinda annoying the way people make Shinhwa sound like they're from another millenia ^^:: I mean, they are only almost 12 years old.

oh my :( i miss them so much it seems like they have gone forever

now i find it's quite hard to get over when re-watching their old video/gameshow..

i watch Dream Team 2 but i keep remember old DT with Junjin :(

i tried to find their old video but on youtube there are only some low quality file :(

please, guys if u still have feelings for Shinhwa, continue to post their video :( this thread is so DEAD :(

here : Gay Dong Wan :

^ Aw~ Really? *hugs* I find that there are quite a few HQ Shinhwa vids out there. Everyone's been uploading a lot of HQ old perfs too ^_^ ( In particular: http://www.youtube.com/user/mojasae ) I, myself, have nearly 300 decent quality Shinhwa vids up :) (would've been 2300+ if it wasn't because of SBS =.=*) I think if you just search Shinhwa, YT will usually show the older vids because they have more views and since they are on the first page, people usually click on those, which will contribute even more to the views ^^:: So dig a lil deeper ^_^

Anyways, I think the reason it's quiet in here is because only Andy is having activities and we're not allowed to discuss it in here unless he mentions Shinhwa. We know why Sungie isn't having activities...but that Minbong...he just keeps disappearing T_T

On the other hand, I do find myself coming less and less to soompi. Doesn't mean I'm less Shinhwa-aware, just that I'm spending more time in Shinhwa-related Korean/Chinese/Japanese forums and sites. I suppose it's a habit I should stop cuz it kinda isolates the English fandom??

Also, U-kiss and Beast recently mentioned they wanted to be like Shinhwa. Wonder if it's the conditioned answer now...nah, I'll stop being lame, just take it at face value and be proud :)

Guest minhoshi

wow thanks for all the website u guys!! i just recently know about shinhwa...and now that they dun have acitivities..i have to search youtube for their videos..i miss them so much

Archived