What's The Average Height For Korean?

Guest cmallanie

Guest cmallanie

Curiosity
I'm not really sure whether I posted in the right forum but anyway,

I've noticed that Korean people are quite tall. Correction, South Korean people are taller than North Korean? What is the average height for SK? I know one Korean friend at uni and she's around 170cm!!! Her boyfriend and friends are even taller. It makes me feel in the land of giant :lol: since I'm only 160 cm hehehehe :sweatingbullets:

My other friend told me that Korean on average are quite tall.

Well is there anybody can comment about it? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong :D

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to a 1995 Sports Indicators of Korea published by Korea Sport Science Institute, the average height of a modern Korean, ages 25-29, is 172.5 centimeters for men and 158.8 centimeters for women. In terms of height, this means that Korean males belong to the upper middle scale and Korean females to the medium scale, compared to other Asian people.

http://www.asianinfo.org/asianinfo/korea/people.htm

12 years cant make that big of a difference from now

Guest justjenn.

http://www.asianinfo.org/asianinfo/korea/people.htm

12 years cant make that big of a difference from now

I disagree. I saw a show on the Korean Channel where they did a study because people started noticing South Koreans are pretty tall. Average, a man that's about 20 years old is 5'7"-6'0".

But for girls, it's 5'6", average.

I emphasize on South Koreans....in South Korea. American ones...eh, I guess 1-2 inches lower. I think it's the nutrition they eat and the exercise they do (such as being shipped off to the army for 3 years for every boy).

Guest Dazzle and Destroy

I would of thought that the north would be taller, no?

But then again, more or so.. not, because they don't get enough nutrition?

Anyway, I haven't came around koreans that are really tall.. they were around my height. o_o as for the guys, few were tall..

Guest morrow94

I think the most current average is 173.6 cm for guys and 161.1 cm for women which is not too different from US averages but taller than Japan and Singapore and China.

My nephews and nieces are all super tall though my family isn't esp tall. 2 of my nephews who are in their teens are 6'2. My niece is 5'10 and my other nephew is only 13 but is 6 ft tall already. None of my sisters married really tall korean guys either.

I think Koreans are getting taller because of better nutrition and their mongolian blood. Mongolians are pretty tall.

Guest Liberi Fatali

I only know a couple of Koreans but they are pretty tall. This is High school btw.

For girls they are almost my height (I'm 5'5), and and I know one girl who is Korean and White and she is about 5'6.

For guys, they are usually a bit taller than me, but I know one Korean dude who is prly 5'5 as well. I also know one Senior and he's like 6'4-6'5.. he's hellllllaaa tall.

Guest chharrllenne

I disagree. I saw a show on the Korean Channel where they did a study because people started noticing South Koreans are pretty tall. Average, a man that's about 20 years old is 5'7"-6'0".

But for girls, it's 5'6", average.

Whoaa their average is pretty tall! Too bad I'm only above by a little (5'7) aww.

Guest -.Gigi.-

There are a couple of Korean girls who moved from Korea when school started at my school.

They look pretty short to me. They're around 5'2-5'5ish.

Guest bbe_bbe_ro

Oh crud...I'm below the average T-T

I'm less than 160cms tall and I'm almost 19 which means I've pretty much stopped growing.....darn it...I hate being short

Guest justjenn.

But if you think about...the two tallest males in the world are Chinese :lol:

Just wanted to say, I saw a show about Korean food right now. It talked about how the great nutritional value and heartiness of the food makes Koreans strong, healthy and tall.

:)

Guest sooDAMNgorgeous

I went to the SM audition in Korea Town, New York City... and I've noticed that most of them are around my height. And I'm pretty short (5'0) But the guys were pretty tall. And then there were some that were short too.

They're not that tall... maybe just the people you know are tall.

Archived