Modern Street Culture Thread

Guest MUGETSU

Guest AirMaxFiend

nice. she doesn't notice the charges to random online stores on her statement? :P

i personally don't spend that much on clothes, but don't really care if someone else does...was just curious as to where you guys that do spend a lot on a pair of jeans get the money? i mean, i'm 27 years old and all my money goes to bills, bills, bills....and occasionally some beer. :)

Well I'm only 19. She doesn't care, but my dad does. But my mom is the man of the house, and I'm her baby boy.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cherryonken

i wonder it too.. but my assumption is that they come from priviledged families .. not that its a bad thing, lol .. but if it is from ol fashioned hard work , then cheers!

I used to work in Selfridges (UK 'showy' department store) and the guys there that worked on the skate/streetwear section wore all the stuff you guys are talking about and they weren't from priviledged backgrounds at all - just good ole fashioned shifts and of course - in store discount :w00t: lol it was funny when they came up and I actually held a conversation about streetwear despite not knowing much at all - how did that happen.

Well I'm only 19. She doesn't care, but my dad does. But my mom is the man of the house, and I'm her baby boy.

"only 19"...O_O.

Guest AirMaxFiend

"only 19"...O_O.

Too young to be independent, no?

That looks incredibly FAKE. Goodness.

Yeah, a lot of Indonesian international students walk around with those around my campus

Guest BoSoxdirtdog

Too young to be independent, no?

19? Damn it, no wonder our government is so screwed up cause apparently 19 is one year older than the age you can vote for the president but can't seem to finance ones own shoe fetish.

Guest AirMaxFiend

19? Damn it, no wonder our government is so screwed up cause apparently 19 is one year older than the age you can vote for the president but can't seem to finance ones own shoe fetish.

*In a fob woman's voice* "Bin-gooooooooooooo"

i thought you were kidding about the mom's credit card thing but apparently not

Guest MUGETSU

Not all streetwear stuff is really expensive. Most shirts cost around $20-$35. That's about the same for Abercrombie (preppy markets) and Sean John (Urban markets)

Sometimes its worth paying a bit more for....such as denim. The cut, the type of denim, the stitching...it's all worth it.

Plus not a lot of people are gonna be wearing what you are...so a bit of unique-ness? lol

and...

I think some of you guys aren't picking up on the sarcasm? Is it airmaxfiend?

Guest Jay Chou

800 for denim is just way too much, even though i'm digging the savage denim neighborhood is putting out. I can get 2-3 pairs of sugarcane or samurai instead

for that price, i can get 32 pairs of nice japanese denim from mk.

each pair only costs $25 at most, and the quality and material is really nice.

Guest AirMaxFiend

lol starburys, I heard they're made out of paper.

for that price, i can get 32 pairs of nice japanese denim from mk.

each pair only costs $25 at most, and the quality and material is really nice.

Fake Japanese denim...

Not all streetwear stuff is really expensive. Most shirts cost around $20-$35. That's about the same for Abercrombie (preppy markets) and Sean John (Urban markets)

Sometimes its worth paying a bit more for....such as denim. The cut, the type of denim, the stitching...it's all worth it.

Plus not a lot of people are gonna be wearing what you are...so a bit of unique-ness? lol

and...

I think some of you guys aren't picking up on the sarcasm? Is it airmaxfiend?

lol no dude I'm for real. I set a filled out form on my computer so every time I go to a checkout, every thing's filled out for me. Shopping online is the devil.

Guest Jay Chou

Fake Japanese denim...

nope, they're not fake.

i'm not talking about evisu denim and that kind of stuff.

they're not famous brands, they're like smaller company brands that produce denim.

the shopping mall where i bought them is one of the best places to get denim in mk....and for a decent price too.

i especially like denim that have folds (mostly at the knee area)....makes it look so nice :)

Guest Jay Chou

yup i live in hk

no...they're not popular denim brands.

i don't care what brand it is, as long as it fits comfortable and the style looks nice and trendy.

Guest MUGETSU

Uniqlo sells japanese denim for as low as $20 in their sales.

They had shuttle loom selvedge denim for like $30, but the fit was whack.

They have raw denim now in the flagship store

help me out guys! lol $10 shirts!

just copped 5 tees today for cheap thanks to street team points!

http://www.threadless.com/?streetteam=DJ2xTech

Guest Jay Chou

i've heard of uniqlo....but i havent been in the stores yet.

they just opened a 2nd store at cityplaza! =)\

maybe i'll go to it today.

Archived