Modern Street Culture Thread

Guest MUGETSU

Guest AirMaxFiend

pictures don't work =(

anyone getting the tokyos (the dunks)? i find those and the day of the deads the only good SB releases this year

IMO...

vomit.jpg

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shinchrono

anyone think its sad that out of all of the "consumer groups" ours is really becoming the least original?

i mean seriously, more than 2 people in the same place wearing the same SB dunks (purple pigeons anyone?) is just plain foolish.

this probably applies to general release SB dunks moreso than, say, Neighborhood savage-treated denim for obvious price reasons, but the point is there...too many people are trying to fit into a niche market (if it can still be called that) through all of the streetwear hype, and in the end everyone just ends up wearing the same things -__-

on a lighter note, to pay for my shiny new diors i'm selling a pair of Sugarcane 1947 purchased One-wash from japan, hemmed to a 32 x 30~31, worn only a few times (maybe 7 or 8). if you know Sugarcane then you know this is definitely some high quality selvedge denim, and if you don't then...well now you do!

btw, Ace, that is an awesome jacket, i'm betting on it looking even better in person than in the pictures

Guest AirMaxFiend

I think everyone will eventually go through that phase of.. "Dunks? Wtf was I thinking?" I already went through that and no one in my area wears dunks.

Anyways, I hate inseams of less than 34, unless they are predistressed.

Guest MUGETSU

anyone think its sad that out of all of the "consumer groups" ours is really becoming the least original?

i mean seriously, more than 2 people in the same place wearing the same SB dunks (purple pigeons anyone?) is just plain foolish.

this probably applies to general release SB dunks moreso than, say, Neighborhood savage-treated denim for obvious price reasons, but the point is there...too many people are trying to fit into a niche market (if it can still be called that) through all of the streetwear hype, and in the end everyone just ends up wearing the same things -__-

on a lighter note, to pay for my shiny new diors i'm selling a pair of Sugarcane 1947 purchased One-wash from japan, hemmed to a 32 x 30~31, worn only a few times (maybe 7 or 8). if you know Sugarcane then you know this is definitely some high quality selvedge denim, and if you don't then...well now you do!

btw, Ace, that is an awesome jacket, i'm betting on it looking even better in person than in the pictures

I just want to point out...there are tons of people everyday wearing the same thing. On any given day you can probably see many people wearing the same Adidas, New Balance, Nike sneakers...2 isn't that bad.

After a while I just stopped caring. I've been wearing the same sneaker everyday (my python AT1s) I'm a sucker for anything snakeskin on a sneaker, though I just sold my 3M Snakes to get enough money to buy that jacket.

Speaking of denim...I think my next purchase will be another pair. I haven't really had a real pair, but I think I should spend some money now for one. I think I'll have around 100-300 to spend on a pair. Any good denim out there? i should look it up on SF. they are so quick to flame on that site. Anyways I'm DJ2xTech on SF if you're ever around on it.

Airmaxfiend...i dont get how you hate inseams of less than 34? do you not like skinny people? Or am I missing something?

sidenote: my wisdom teeth are breaking out and my gum is swollen...IT HURTS. i need to get them taken out but my dentist isn't in state cuz of some dentistry workshop -___-

Guest AirMaxFiend

Inseams = length. Pretty much has nothing to do with skinny, hey I'm skinny myself(28-29 waist). Its just I prefer the look of stacking throughout the leg.

I'm really into NBHD, levis x fenom, and levis x clot right now, but I can never find them in a small.

1.jpg

Guest Tonyc402

Inseams = length. Pretty much has nothing to do with skinny, hey I'm skinny myself(28-29 waist). Its just I prefer the look of stacking throughout the leg.

I'm really into NBHD, levis x fenom, and levis x clot right now, but I can never find them in a small.

1.jpg

Thats a nice pair of denim jeans rite there.. hehe... I really wanna get some NBHD but they are soo pricey --_--... Fenom is nice too , espcially their DISCO 501/507s

Guest Tonyc402

people still wear Levi's here in the US? :huh: saw them at sears next to the canyon river blues...

Obviously you dont know what kind of jeans we are talkin about .

Guest MUGETSU

1.jpg

big mix up on my part

i was looking at what I wrote and it hit me that I messed up on what I was thinking.

sorry -__-

to above

yea a lot of US brands are popular outside of the US...like Carhartt and from what I saw before...Everlast? they actually rock it in Hong Kong or something?

Guest fengye920

Hey guys! My friend introduced me to this really cute website that sells super duper cute shirts, it's called Threadless! You guys should go check it out, they are having a sale right now! and if you have really cute designs you can submit them and they might get turned into shirts!

Threadless: Cute shirts!! :D

Guest MUGETSU

Hey guys! My friend introduced me to this really cute website that sells super duper cute shirts, it's called Threadless! You guys should go check it out, they are having a sale right now! and if you have really cute designs you can submit them and they might get turned into shirts!

LOL hehehe USE MY LINK GUYS =)

Guest malevolent.

Threadless is pretty damn old.

Guest Tiger JK

just ordered some Edwin concrete denims, Red Clay bullet pattern jacket, Sportif monogram hoodie, Freshjive monogram hoodie...

CAN'T WAIT! Getting broke, gotta calm down on the purchases =(

Archived