Modern Street Culture Thread

Guest MUGETSU

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Kenshiro

No offense, but I always thought that those Coaches Tech shoes looked like PayLess-knockoff-cheap brand name. I think mainly cause of the design with all those "C's". Just my opinion.

Anyways, I just got one of my Krew caps in today! Been looking for about a month for them; all Black.

Guest MUGETSU

^^ well they look like converse chucks so i usually think of them as that way.

its just like a coach bag. of course they're gonna stick their logo all over it. lol

Guest Tiger JK

hahaha it may look that way since im wearing it high up and really loose, plus the fact my hair's kinda poofed on the sides and messed up gives that illusion that my head looks freakishly huge. The hat is a size 7 1/2, but I actually fit better on a 7 3/8, but BBC/Ice Cream doesn't carry that size for some reason so I settled for 7 1/2.

Guest shinchrono

Unfortunately, if you wear Bape/Ice Cream...

(1) People will think it's fake and probably laugh

(2) Those who can recognize it as real....will probably laugh because you are still wearing Bape/Ice Cream.

(3) The people who still think Bape/Ice Cream is so cool...will probably despise you because they all want to be the only ones wearing it.

Of course there are always exceptions but I guess that's generally how it works nowadays.

Although I have to admit it's always fun to walk around in a shiny little pair of Bape's.

February Purchases:

MJ Vans Gunmetal Chukka

SDA - D1293 21oz

HP "Smoky" Wallet

DJ Ace, I'll be visiting NY for spring break, anywhere I need to go besides Soho? The only real other place I want to go is Upper East Side for Barney's but that's so far from Soho =( The subway system is so confusing too!! Haha ^^'

P.S. - Jeff, stop buying shoes!! Haha.

Guest Tonyc402

Oooo same here, im hitting up NYC for Spring break. Mar 6-11 or so. What some places I should def. hit up?

Supreme , Fight Club NYC .. i uno any other places since i dun live in nyc

Guest Tiger JK

Unfortunately, if you wear Bape/Ice Cream...

(1) People will think it's fake and probably laugh

(2) Those who can recognize it as real....will probably laugh because you are still wearing Bape/Ice Cream.

(3) The people who still think Bape/Ice Cream is so cool...will probably despise you because they all want to be the only ones wearing it.

although I know what you are talking about, I'm gonna have to disagree on what you said. The ppl that think it's fake obviously don't know jack about streetwear by not knowing what legit Bape/BBC/Ice Cream looks like. On ur 2nd statement, I dunno why you would think ppl would "probably laugh" by wearing bape/ice cream. If anything from what I've seen ppl will jock at the fact ur wearing real, legit bape/bbc/ice cream. Not that I'm looking for that kind of attention, but I happen to like some of the BBC/Ice Cream designs so I'll buy it. I gotta admit a lot of the stuff looks pretty whack but the ones that come around that look good are hella nice. The ppl that laugh are prolly the ones that can't afford it and to make themselves feel better they will "probably laugh" as you stated to make themselves feel better and say how "BAPE/BBC IS PLAYED OUT LOL I'M COOL!" I personally don't own much Bape/BBC/Ice Cream at all cause I know there's a bunch of other streetwear that I think is hot. I'm not some exclusive Bape/BBC/Ice Cream brand richard simmons. On ur 3rd statement, THOSE are the kinds of ppl that ppl laugh at, especially the ones that wear Fapes. What a joke (bandwagoners, sigh).

BTW Jeff, Vegas is getting a Barney's soon too =O. It's gonna be in the shopping center once the Palazzo opens later this year, can't wait. They just opened up UNDFTD here <3

Guest Tiger JK

Oooo same here, im hitting up NYC for Spring break. Mar 6-11 or so. What some places I should def. hit up?

Busy Work Shop, Barney's, Reed Space, Flight Club NY (not Fight Club as Tony stated lol so make sure you don't get that mixed up krossant), Boundless NY, 255, Alife...

Guest Tonyc402

Busy Work Shop, Barney's, Reed Space, Flight Club NY (not Fight Club as Tony stated lol so make sure you don't get that mixed up krossant), Boundless NY, 255, Alife...

Oh yeah lol sorry about that , thanks for correcting me

Guest shinchrono

although I know what you are talking about, I'm gonna have to disagree on what you said. The ppl that think it's fake obviously don't know jack about streetwear by not knowing what legit Bape/BBC/Ice Cream looks like. On ur 2nd statement, I dunno why you would think ppl would "probably laugh" by wearing bape/ice cream. If anything from what I've seen ppl will jock at the fact ur wearing real, legit bape/bbc/ice cream. Not that I'm looking for that kind of attention, but I happen to like some of the BBC/Ice Cream designs so I'll buy it. I gotta admit a lot of the stuff looks pretty whack but the ones that come around that look good are hella nice. The ppl that laugh are prolly the ones that can't afford it and to make themselves feel better they will "probably laugh" as you stated to make themselves feel better and say how "BAPE/BBC IS PLAYED OUT LOL I'M COOL!" I personally don't own much Bape/BBC/Ice Cream at all cause I know there's a bunch of other streetwear that I think is hot. I'm not some exclusive Bape/BBC/Ice Cream brand richard simmons. On ur 3rd statement, THOSE are the kinds of ppl that ppl laugh at, especially the ones that wear Fapes. What a joke (bandwagoners, sigh).

BTW Jeff, Vegas is getting a Barney's soon too =O. It's gonna be in the shopping center once the Palazzo opens later this year, can't wait. They just opened up UNDFTD here <3

I think what it basically comes down to is me spending too much time on SF :D It seems like the pro's of buying BBC/Ice Cream (a couple of nice designs--i have to admit, i actually like the bullet t-shirt) are heavily, heavily outweighed by the con's of wearing BBC/Ice Cream, which of course don't really need to be restated. The point of what I was saying isn't that I'm insulting you or anything, it was more of a hint that if you have the money to spend on BBC/Ice Cream, then with a bit more research there are definitely better (and more respectable, lets face it, if you're paying $100 for a shirt you're probably not going to wear it under a pullover) ways for you to express your own style and creativity.

I think DJ Ace would understand what I am trying to say here. It's definitely the mentality of looking away from hype and rethinking why we're into fashion in the first place, focusing on clothing that can be considered more "timeless," and not the high school child's play that consists of, well, what is generally thought of "streetwear" today. Basically, our hype generation is guilty of pretty much skipping over the basics of fashion and style in general for some tacky, name-powered clothing, and now we're all starting to step back. This is more than just dissing "hypebeasts," this is really the separation of whether you are into clothing because you want people to look at the brands you can afford/know about, or whether it's a simple obsession of wanting to look well cut and respectable at whatever cost.

ANYWAYS

sorry for the long meaningless crap

kr0ssant, other stores you would want to consider [these are definite stops on my list] are Atelier (this is more high fashion, probably more fun to look around than to inevitably max out your credit card here), Clientele, Union, Yohji Yamamoto, Blue in Green, maybe Uniqlo?

BTW Jeff, we have a Barney's in LA already, but damn you for having Barney's and Goods and who knows what else.

Well in baltimore we have

downtown locker room, bitchhhhh no clothing under XXXXXL you know how we roll

Archived