Truly Madly Deeply

Guest Celestial Child

Guest Celestial Child
First shot with singing with Instrumental
I never sung with an instrumental before x_x so you'll have to excuse the suckiness of it. So this is basically it~ Truly Madly Deeply for my boyfriend and a friend of mine. I'm being cheap for xtmas. So here's the deal. You critique me. Am I too soft, too emotionless, too what? Should I re-do it because it sucks? Yes, I'm asking to be headshot with a shotgun! So... critique away. (I take a critic class --- I know what's to be expected.) --Self-Analzies. I sung too softly at some parts, Some parts sounds like I'm just talking I squeaked more often than not... but that might be because I'm sick...but then, I always squeak at beginning of sentences or certian words... something with my accent. No clue x_x; ...but then, I want others opinions. mai soundclick...

i think this song is too low for you. you may try raise the pitch on a program and sing again. you should be able to sing louder and express well when the pitch is higher

Guest havoc11

I never sung with an instrumental before x_x so you'll have to excuse the suckiness of it.

So this is basically it~ Truly Madly Deeply for my boyfriend and a friend of mine. I'm being cheap for xtmas. So here's the deal. You critique me. Am I too soft, too emotionless, too what? Should I re-do it because it sucks?

Yes, I'm asking to be headshot with a shotgun!

So... critique away. (I take a critic class --- I know what's to be expected.)

--Self-Analzies.

I sung too softly at some parts,

Some parts sounds like I'm just talking

I squeaked more often than not... but that might be because I'm sick...but then, I always squeak at beginning of sentences or certian words... something with my accent. No clue x_x;

...but then, I want others opinions.

mai soundclick...

i think you need to sing when you are not sick..first off

cus im also sick and i REALLY want to sing..but i try not too...i feel like..im trapped in my own body with out singing...grr

but anywho..i think if u sing a higher pitch song you will do fine

your voice is nice..just better song choice =D

just my opinion...

Guest Celestial Child

Wenwen: I did~ and it didn't end up too well. I think I need to raise the pitch half-step than whole but meh. O.o Me singing with chipmonks is an awkward experiance.

Havoc11: -_-; Yeah, stuffy nose plus hurting tummy really doesn't help. I think I'm going to try to sing to TEARS OF PEARLS by Savage Garden mainly it's one my favourite song by them (aside of Crash & Burn). :x Plus, I won't need to raise the pitches. I dunno... I'm debating. TMD is too hard to sing O.o

Hiya! ^_^ Welcome to the singing section! :P

Firstly, overall it was a good effort. I think one of the main things, is that if you can, increase the volume of your voice. The music is overpowering you, so sometimes you can't be heard too well. Ah one thing I noticed is that, unless you did it intentionally, you were singing the harmony of the chorus and not the actual chorus melody. It might be an idea to sing along with the original song using headphones, and then mix on to the instrumental.

So yeah do give it another shot when you're feeling better! ^_^ As much as we critique, it's nice if you yourself feels happy with what you've produced yeah? ^_^

Guest conversebunny

aw where is it? are you redoing it or can you put it up again? :)

---

[edit]

I totally agree with everything saffy said. you got pulled away from the main melody easily when the background vocals started to sing, so what she suggested is a good way to help you get stay on pitch. and also, if you reduce the volume of the instrumental, that might also help with the pitch because you can hear yourself better. Sometimes when I can't hear myself sing because I have headphones on, I take one ear off so I can hear better. just some suggestions. :)

your voice sounds really nice! I hope you keep on singing! :D

Archived