Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

Guest polabola

Interview proper:

Intro:

Simply because almost every Pinay wants to be his girl we have no choice but to give in to the request of the majority. The heartthrob of the koreanovela, My Girl aka LDW, doesn’t understand English; moreover, our language. Here, he will speak Tagalog with the help of Ms. Gay Domingo who delivered to LDW our list of questions.

While a lot of things have been written about LDW (sounds like Anabelle Rama [actress] talking and saying “Lakad [walk] Dong”), we wish to extract something new for the benefit of his legions of fans in the Philippines.

TBM [The Buzz Mag]: Please give us an overview on how you became an actor and how were you discovered.

LDW: I’m not really an outgoing person. Even in high school, I was really very shy. But due to my profession, I’m trying to take out the shyness in me. Actually I was in high school when I started working in showbiz. I studied at an exclusive school. Nothing really, long ago, I just said to myself that I can do what the actors on TV are doing. I audition long ago and I was lucky to be picked. That’s it.

TBM: You’ve been in the business for 7 years, yet the movie Arang was your first film. How come?

LDW: It’s okay that it took me 7 years to make a movie because I waited for the right project for me.

TBM: Who are your friends in the business?

LDW: Jo In Sung (lead actor in MOB) is my friend. We’ve been friends for a long time even before I entered showbiz.

TBM: Is it true that your co-star LJK had a chin surgery? (just like rumored to have undergone the same procedure, Angelika dela Cruz [actress])

LDW: No, no, no I don’t know anything about that.

TBM: In that case, what part of your face or body would you like to enhance, if ever?

LDW: Nothing since people liked my appearance and accepted me as this.

TBM: Do you get close to your leading ladies especially to Park Si Yeon?

LDW: Sometimes I get attracted to my partner, but I think of it as work and I need to take into consideration my responsibility as an actor first for the mean time.

TBM: How are you similar to your character in ‘My Girl’?

LDW: Me and my character are similar in the way we dress, though I don’t have time to shop for my own clothes because I’m not really allowed to go to the mall anymore. I have a stylist who buys my wardrobe and I agree with his taste so I don’t find any problem with it.

TBM: What is your unforgettable scene in My Girl?

LDW: I won’t forget the scene where LDH got the star on the Christmas tree since it was really cold when we filmed it

TBM: What more do you want to accomplish?

LDW: My career is blooming right now and I’m recognized aside from Korea so certainly I will do better. I also want to be a bankable leading man in my country.

TBM: Forthcoming projects that we should watch out for?

LDW: That we have to wait and see when I return to Korea since I passed a couple of things because of this tour. I wish you watch Arang though which will be shown here.

TBM: If you will be offered a project in Manila, would you accept the offer?

LDW: As long as the project is good and I will like it. I will accept it.

TBM: Do you have a girlfriend?

LDW: No, I don’t have a girlfriend

TBM: What do you think of Pinays?

LDW: Filipino women are great! They’re pretty and accommodating.

TBM: Is there a possibility that you will fall in love with a Pinay?

LDW: Why not? There’s a possibility,

TBM: Did you get scared doing Arang?

LDW: Never since I didn’t feel anything nor saw a ghost when we were shooting! Hahahah!

TBM: How did you prepare yourself in doing your role in the said film?

LDW: My role on the film is challenging. It was very far from my role on My Girl which I internalized well.

TBM: What’s the best thing being here now in Manila?

LDW: I like the sky. Since Korea is in its wet season, here in Manila, the sun is shining and the sky is blue.

TBM: Message to fans:

LDW: Mahal ko kayo! Maraming salamat po (I love you! Thank you very much)…

Fast Facts:..the untranslated ones

Perfume: He doesn’t buy any but he uses what his friends buy for him.

He loves acting because: It’s exciting for him to internalize a role which makes him feel like an actor, artist.

He hates acting because: He loves everything about acting

His take on Love Letters: He’s not good at expressing his feelings especially in writing love letters just like Gong Chan/Julian of My Girl.

He’d rather give a girl flowers or chocolates? Why?

He would give the flowers and keep the chocolates for himself since he will eat the chocolates since he loves them.

If he’s not an actor, what would he be?

He wants to finish Hotel Management

Comment: I love how he uses po since po is a connotation for respect, but I hate the girlfriend question very much. It bores me since it’s overused lol.

I realized that he and mukgu does have a thing for chocolates...hmmmmmmmm

please credit to me if you're going to post this elsewhere :)

PolaBoLa thanks 4 translating!! I think you scored A++ in your EngLish subjects!! :D about that chocolate thing..remember LDH's biRthdaY?? LDW gave her a box of chocolate but he ate some of it :P

Guest ripgal

hahahhahahha..lyn!! thanx again! the i loved the last part where he answered that he'd rather buy flowers for a girl!! no wonder last time he gave Mukgu chocs half eaten!!! :D:lol: hahahhaha..

lyn!! thanks for translating! *kisskisskisskiss* :D . The interview is great!

Yup, i wuz giggling too when he mentioned he'd rather keep the chocs and eat 'em rather than give it to a girl. Harharhar! So maybe he couldn't resist eating those chocs he gifted to Mukgu - i thot he was joking when he sheepishly confessed that he got hungry while waiting to give her the box :lol: nawty & kyoot - but honest, he'll confess if he's caught :P .

Guest ripgal

ok..i got something new.. it's an interview of Wookie.. but it's in chinese.. so bear with me Pervies, translating process begins only now..;)

but im not sure whether this interview has been posted here before..

anyone who can read chinese, please help me check :)

LINK: http://post.baidu.com/f?kz=124985914

so far i have never came across this interview..^^ better to check before i re-translate articles that have been posted here b4..

thanx a lot :D

Guest lavender*sshi

Thanks for the interview translation lyn..

Aww! How come its only now that I've realized.. I do love chocolates like him, and I'm a Hotel and Restaurant Management college student too! Oh no! I think I'm the one he's talking about when he said that it's not possible to fall inlove with a Pinay? Hahaha!

Oh, here comes my dream! Hahahah! :D

Guest honeypia

Lyn, thank you so much for the translation :)

I got to buy the copy the minute we saw the post here that there's a mag portioned for wookie. And oh my!!! the pictures floored me!!! LITERALLY. :P (right Malou? ;) )

Anyway, I'd like to share something. Quite offtopic but Wookie had a part ;)

Some fans who went last Friday to Wowowee approached Eugene, who then had a guesting on that show. And the fans told Eugene that "Wookie" went here for a visit. And Eugene was really clueless "Who's Wookie?". The fans pointed its Lee Dong Wook. And Eugene asked, "Is that he's English name?" :D And even some of them were asking where did they get Lee Dong Wook's Wookie. Hehe.

Anyway, Eugene said she learned Wookie's visit thru Korean media since it was also told their about his visit here.

Pervies have gone a long way huh. Hehe. Even creating an endearment for Wookie. All fans have been calling our dear Lee Dong Wook with that name. :blush:

Guest incarnadine

Lyn, thank you so much for the translation :)

I got to buy the copy the minute we saw the post here that there's a mag portioned for wookie. And oh my!!! the pictures floored me!!! LITERALLY. :P (right Malou? ;) )

Anyway, I'd like to share something. Quite offtopic but Wookie had a part ;)

Some fans who went last Friday to Wowowee approached Eugene, who then had a guesting on that show. And the fans told Eugene that "Wookie" went here for a visit. And Eugene was really clueless "Who's Wookie?". The fans pointed its Lee Dong Wook. And Eugene asked, "Is that he's English name?" :D And even some of them were asking where did they get Lee Dong Wook's Wookie. Hehe.

Anyway, Eugene said she learned Wookie's visit thru Korean media since it was also told their about his visit here.

Pervies have gone a long way huh. Hehe. Even creating an endearment for Wookie. All fans have been calling our dear Lee Dong Wook with that name. :blush:

Hi Pervies! Hi Pia! *waves*

Hehe, today was funny coz I went to the mall with my bf (lol) to search for that Buzz Mag... good thing the stall I first saw had lots of copies left (though the group of girls who bought before me were holding Buzz mags also, hehehe). I saw all the photos, interviews and articles... until I came to that CENTERFOLD!!! Omo omo omo... I wish I could scan it you gals! Just like Pia, I was floored... I'm very fortunate that my bf is very understanding :lol: I sent an SMS to Pia just to find out that she was at that same mall and just bought the same mag, hahaha

Thanks so much lyn for the translations... that was impeccable :)

PS. I'm having that centerfold framed/laminated/whatever... ^^

Guest polabola

lyn!! thanks for translating! *kisskisskisskiss* :D . The interview is great!

Yup, i wuz giggling too when he mentioned he'd rather keep the chocs and eat 'em rather than give it to a girl. Harharhar! So maybe he couldn't resist eating those chocs he gifted to Mukgu - i thot he was joking when he sheepishly confessed that he got hungry while waiting to give her the box :lol: nawty & kyoot - but honest, he'll confess if he's caught :P .

I thought he's joking too until I read that article. I found it endearing while reading the article since he's so direct to the point in his interview. He shotguns his answers heheheheh. When I read that he gets attracted to his co stars....now I'm convinced, one way or another, him and LDH had a special relationship heheheheh

honeypia good golly gracious! the term that started it all is reaching new heights! heheheh even Eugene was surprised. Speaking of Eugene, I'm such a fan hehehe. She's one of my favorite wookie leading ladies! and she seems like a down to earth and friendly person. Here I go with my "psychic" vibes again lol

kimie: delicious chocolates! I want to gobble them all...or maybe just maybe I will save some for wookie :P...I love dark chocolates too...chocolates are sinful and I'm a self confessed chocaholic :D

lavander*sshi when you get to hook up with wookie, please share your blessings! hehehe don't forget the pervies here. I hug would do lol

jo coolness! new stuff! new interview!!! wookie's voice gahhhhhhhhhhh

arcane: the translation took me quite some time lol. I think the article was about 30 minutes to an hour since I have to edit grammatical errors...yikes! >< hehehhehe

to any kind soul who would feed the poor sinners here: please scan the centerfold for us pweeeety please :tears: *begs with innocent eyes*

Guest incarnadine

I don't have a scanner here at home but I promise, I'll find someone who does first thing tomorrow :) I'm dying to have it posted here, too! It's a lot more fun drooling over it together, hahaha

hehe, nice to know our lil pervie nickname for him iz catching on....Go Wookie-Oppa!

While we're on the topic of chocolates: i seem to remember Mukgu saying during her birthday clips that she always keeps a bag of them in her car/transpo. And during the Good Morning Show for My Girl, she went around giving chocolates to the cast and crew and said that she likes to eat them and share them around. And she also gave oppa a nice gold box of chocolates at his fanmeeting - he kept staring at the box in her lap and tried to ask her what it was even before she gave them to him (for which she scolded him :lol::lol::lol: , that was my favourite moment in that whole event! It was like he could smell the chocs even before he knew what they were :P ).

......hmmmm, so she really knows his weakness.......come to think of it, at her birthday fanmeeting, she didn't seem surprised to see some of the chocs were missing in his giftbox when she opened it! he prolly bought it for her cause he knew he might get to eat some :P , so that's why he added a second gift - the Eric Benet cd!

*smacks head* ok, i'm so over-analysing this, hehehe.

Guest incarnadine

It's all right roddy, we enjoy reading your over-analyses :) chocolates, Wookie and Mukgu... everything's making more and more sense! Hahaha. They both know each other's weaknesses. I could just imagine then bonding over chocolates. Sheesh when you mentioned that bit where Wookie's eyes were glued to the box of chocos Mukgu gave to him during his fanmeet, I suddenly felt all giddy again :lol:

Eric Benet -- Wookie has good taste! I hope Mukgu appreciated/liked what he gave... perhaps they have the same taste in music? ;)

Guest honeypia

I thought he's joking too until I read that article. I found it endearing while reading the article since he's so direct to the point in his interview. He shotguns his answers heheheheh. When I read that he gets attracted to his co stars....now I'm convinced, one way or another, him and LDH had a special relationship heheheheh

omg. thats the first thing i thought of...i mean, they're ALWAYS together. And dahae's so smart! wookie probly had a hard time restraining himself. :P

Guest polabola

yup I agree with malou, being over analytic at one thing can be good at times (well on my tests, it doesn't seem to work lol), but as for the wookie-mukgu relationship and anything related to each party...your analysis is always educational, enlightening and spiritually nourishing.

I think it's cute that LDH give chocolates to everyone. She really shares her blessings and her addiction lol even to wookie hehehehe and wookie has a mighty good sense of smell. Gawd, he could be my chocolate detector any day!

malou if wookie's eyes would be glued to the box of chocolates...me and mukgu's eyes would be glued to his face...and to his lips...his eyes....his beauty marks....I'm in heaven

the Eric Benet cd? perfect! he has good taste in music...too good actually that it makes us think of a lot of things due to the songs chosen lol

here's the equation for logical reasoning and law of syllogism

IF mukgu loves chocolates

THEN wookie=chocolates

chocolates=guilty pleasure

therefore mukgu loves wookie since it's her guilty pleasure!!! hehehehhee or it could go the other way around :w00t:

Guest honeypia

speaking about chocolates, have you noticed like a printed card in Dahae's gold-wrapped gift to Wookie in his fanmeeting? it was sort of a dedication and wookie read it then and there.

i wonder whats dahae's dedication to him.. ;) hehe