Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

My Girl is listed as one of the "10 Asian Dramas That Will Make You a Happier Person" by Drama Fever here. This drama is such a classic :)

7. My Girl

My go-to drama on days I can't take the world and its problems anymore! The story revolves around a spunky girl from Jeju ( Lee Da Hae) who meets a rich businessman (Lee Dong Wook) and the two strike up a deal to save his dying grandfather. While they start out as enemies, the two eventually fall in love with each other. The drama is funny, heart-warming and a perfect watch for a rainy weekend! Also it stars a much younger and adorable Lee Joon Ki as a rich playboy! A must watch for ever drama lover. 

35c05a83-ba7a-43c0-aeb4-b2d9b18a929d.jpg

• Like 4

@lucifercorner  

She has this hateful face most of the time,why you look at the man you love like that? :rolleyes:

Image result for kim sun ah scent of a woman

And his leading lady in Bittersweet life too

I feel like She looks like this 90% of the time (even when her lover about to jump) just add some tears while Wookie acts his a** off :vicx:

Image result for oh yeon soo bittersweet life

these two leading ladies ruin the dramas for me :sweatingbullets:

Thanks to hard working  wookie ,I still have a lot of shows to watch 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, lucifercorner said:

Don't know if U all have watched this. It was during SOAW promotions in Singapore. Wookie was just :heart: in this clip. They were singing the OST of SOAW. wookie's antics were :wub:

@lucifercorner Omg yes, Wookie was adorable during that fanmeet. I'm still beating myself up for missing this as it was right in my country :(( Wasn't following his news or that into K-ent back then. Sigh. But I hope he'll be back for promotional activities soon :)

I agree with what you said about MG. It's lots of fun to watch even though it's been more than a decade since it was released. True that, I watched this drama a couple of years after its release, and LDW left a deep impression on me (can't quite put a finger on it because his role there wasn't the deepest, but I'd say it must be his magnetic charisma). But it was one of his later dramas that sealed the deal for me as a fan :)

• Like 4

8 hours ago, lucifercorner said:

Don't know if U all have watched this. It was during SOAW promotions in Singapore. Wookie was just :heart: in this clip. They were singing the OST of SOAW. wookie's antics were :wub:

Aahh he came to SG when I was not his fan yet,hopefully he will come again in the future :mellow: 

@winterdew you are from SG? :)

Does he has anymore tv commercial other than Cass Light and Downy Mystic? He looks great in both.I would like to see more :)

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, lucifercorner said:

@winterdew MG is a fun, fast- paced, forever classic with an endearing chemistry between DongHae. This is the drama where I got used to LDW all thanks to dramafever. But, honestly, this was not the drama where I got attached to him. Don't know why though

Me too.For me it was Hotel King

maybe because MG is more focus on Lee Da Hae character,he is just the love interest

@winterdew yea :) I am Singapore PR,I was already in SG in 2011 *sigh* miss opportunity 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, winterdew said:

@joyezz Omg that's awesome. It's my first time meeting a fellow Wookie fan from SG here :lol: It seems like everyone here is all into the younger and popular actors so it's nice to know there are people here who are fans of his too!

Yea over here is Lee Min Ho Lee Min Ho everywhere lol

That's why I check out LMH drama first  because I only know him :lol:

then I watched MG and discover the hidden gem Lee Dong Wook :P

• Like 3

@joyezz True that. Even I couldn't connect with the female leads U mentioned. For that matter, I felt even Lee Dae Hee's comedy timing in MG was a little over the top sometimes. But, she was good & natural in HK.  He did a Cheverolet commercial. 

If time permits, watch the Music Videos he featured. He is adorable in all of them. Another drool factor for me:blush:

@winterdew Hope U get the opportunity to meet him during Goblin promotions (provided he is involved in promotions given the fact that he is a second lead) 

Boys over flowers was my first Kdrama & I was def.y not impressed by LMH. For that matter, the fan following is more for the pretty flower boy image which doesn't work for me. I guess there was a major fan following for Lee Goong Ki than Wookie during My girl

• Like 3

Linked Bye bye bye MV. I couldn't resist his charms in this MV. He is so HOT.. my favorite scene has to the be near the end where he was in a suit & then he turned around.. that was perfection. *swoooooon*

Many a times, he looks like Johnny Depp esp. with the facial hair:phew: 

• Like 4

@lucifercorner yea she was a little over the top crazy girl hahaha but I can tolerate.I like her Ah Mo Ne better too.Thanks for the link  :wub: so handsome as always

the first drama I watch after DOTS was BOF, LMH looks very handsome in motion (not photogenic imo). I like to watch  him in drama and that's it.Because of his popularity,he get to work with top writers,directors and actress that's why I pay attention to his drama.It would be great if Wookie's leading ladies for BL and SOAW were Kim Hee Sun and Song Ye Jin.

I like to watch Wookie in Everything :D mostly found from this thread so thank you everyone ~

• Like 5

@lucifercorner He remind me of Johnny Depp in the 90s.Good looking and talented and yet not as popular as his peers Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise. Doing a lot of Indie movies and non mainstream characters. He hit it big later with Pirates of the caribean. So maybe Wookie still has a chance to break out big :) Even if he never hit it big,it's ok as long as he keep acting until he is old and we all be like

Image result for oppa still handsome meme

:D

• Like 5

@MaysoonD thanks for sharing :) I agree he is such a chameleon,in pics or drama. I am watching BG right now,his character seems like a normal guy but he potray it differently from his other characters.Ri Hwan is sweet, adorkable and a little bit awkward.The interaction between the two leads makes me smile. Sweet and realistic drama.I am on ep 8 now.I like it very much so far. Wookie is such a versatile actor :heart:

• Like 4

@joyezz @Cathgu @MaysoonD @lucifercorner It seems like Hotel King is a clear favourite among most people here :) I'd like to chime in and say it's also my favourite role of his to date. He so wonderfully and brilliantly portrayed the complexities of his character, as well as the emotional battles his character experienced. The drama also had a nice balance of dark and endearing moments. And of course, it was such a huge bonus that he looked so good in that drama :wub: 

I find it difficult to rank his dramas because he offers something different in each role, but I'd have to go with Hotel King, Bittersweet Life, My Girl/Bubblegum (tied at the same spot) and Wild Romance as my top 4... more or less in that order. I feel like there's wasted potential in some dramas like Scent of a Woman and Blade Man, cos Wookie being the brilliant actor he is could have brought a lot more to the character he played if the script allowed for it. And yes, agree with you guys lucifercorner and @joyezz, the female leads in SOAW and Bittersweet Life hindered my enjoyment of those dramas, sadly. I could understand both female leads being depressed because of what they were going through, but they weren't very convincing in portraying their characters' lovelines. For example, Wookie was sizzling hot in that famous SOAW tango scene, but hmm, KSA's expression there really could have been better :/ And yes, @joyezz, it irked me too that the female lead in LDV just sat by and watched him jump. But I still enjoy the drama because of what Wookie brought to his character. And thanks lucifercorner, I hope you get to meet him too :)

• Like 6