Official Perth Thread!

Antz

<3 Kim: I hope not ahahaha It shouldn't be. =/ In the course book it's listed as non-TEE.

|[eternally lonely]|: Top Image xD I went there for my last haircut. There's a few in different areas. I heard Winthrop's the best since the guy who owns the whole thing works there. But I went to Karawara.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TrainDriver

ah Kim i highly recommend u do the past maths exams so u get used to the style of questions. heck i haven't even looked at my text book, i've just done all the questions straight out cos majority of text book work isn't even in the exam. maybe i'm stressing to much cos when i was doing the past TEE paper i was expecting to get everything right :P btw by working out do u mean showing the Z scores? i just list my parameters eg. for binomial with normal approx i write B~N (np,npq) and then write my probability and answer... dunno if thats ok when they say show full working out and the answer in the back shows Z scores, i haven't even bothered to look at Z scores.

^ ohh, i only show Z scores when i'm doing questions where you have to find the mean and the standard dev :P If i'm doing approximations I just list the parameters :P You still should get full marks for it though, i did it my exam xD

Guest TrainDriver

^k all good then cos i'm to lazy to finish the last exercise in the text book where u use Z scores to do normal approximation :P hopefully they won't put in confusing questions with their tricky wording. some of the past years had really messy ones that run all over the place. i hate the type of questions where they ask u to comment on this, and i'm like ??? the text book doesn't teach u stuff like that :lol: i never knew wat the point of moving averages were, but its a 2 mark question if they ask u.

^ i have :P haha

Joanna and Antz from soompi also study at the state lib too xD

we should meet up and study together for TEE xD ehehhe

Guest TrainDriver

^hahaha first perth soompi meet, at the library studying :lol: too far for me and well i don't get studying in the library??? i can study at home :P anyway my first exam is nearing, kinda nervous cos i have no idea wat to expect.

wow i havent posted here since FOREVER xD

Hehe i see everyone is talking about the TEE >< i hope the other TEE exams won't be as hard as the Chem one =( that one wasn't nice. Hehe i only go to the library a few times a week now haha.

^what's your first exam? applicable? ><

The idea of studying in the library is to avoid "traps" like computers and tv's etc etc. Well, it is for me anyway. Only one week of tee left, and one week of uni left for me. Yay.

^ haha i study on 1st floor xD

you probably wont' see this msg until toinght xD haha but if you see me come say hi xD

man applic is tomorrow... i was feeling so sick last night i didnt even study >< >< must study alot today T_T

and z80, haha thats why i study at the library :P if i stay home most likely i'll be spending 90% of my study time on the computer xD

I get so detracted at home that a lesson plan that takes me 1 hour to do at the library takes me 6 hours at home to do. I'm getting better as I get older though.

Guest TrainDriver

WTF!!!!!!! Applic was massacre. every1 i talked to said it was hard. wat a change of style of questions from the past 8 or so years. dammit my tutor said this would happen because the guy from last year was writing it alongside a new guy for malaysia. damn the asian guy made it so hard.

^gee kim wat were u doing up so early?
ehehe i always wake up at 5-5.30am to 'study' but then i still get distracted and go on the computer :mellow:

anyway wth was with the applic tee exam? it was alot harder than my mocks -_- i hope calculus won't be as hard ><at first when it was reading time i thought the exam was pretty straight forward... but after doing it i had no idea how to do some questions :mellow:

Guest TrainDriver

^haha and i was aiming for 80%+ but unlikely after today. oh well no point stressing over, wats done is done. i should study econs now.

I was aiming for 80+ as well >< Did you get the WATP for your Applic mocks? I think that made everyone think that the TEE would be about the same level since it was so easy and no-one studied much for Applic :mellow: I was happy with my mocks Applic mark but after this TEE ... I think i would only get 60-70% haha. I hope we get scaled up a bit... even though it sounds unlikely ><

good luck for your econs exam :D lucky i dont do it... so i have a few days to study for calculus haha xD

Guest TrainDriver

WATP applic easy uhhh :sweatingbullets: haha it pulled my mark majorly down, i only got 71% on that, so my avg dropped quite a bit. but i was thinking the TEE would be like all the past years, jump straight into it and get pretty much every question right, but turns out they wanted to annoy us :P btw y do u wake up so early? thats crazy :lol: i wake up at 9am if i don't have an exam.

haha i dunno why, i found the Applic WATP really easy :mellow: i got 81 for it and was hoping the TEE will be something similar but noooo >< I thought the Applic past TEE papers were ok, i got through them fine, but this year's one is so weird :wacko:

haha i dunno why but I get more work done in the morning than at night :P so i sleep early at night, then wake up early to study instead :P at night im usually too tired to study so i don't bother and just sleep xD i normally wake up around 5 each day :P even if i dont have an exam haha

Guest TrainDriver

woooooooot econs was awesome, very straight forward, much easier than my school exams. btw, u guys doing anything for leavers? i'm not so i'm gonna be stuck with nothing to do for ages :P

Archived