Official Perth Thread!

Antz

aww have fun at the beach!! Antz, say hi to everyone for me haha i miss you guys! 27 is really good for the first few days of summer! o_O hahah. it was pretty cold here today haha it rained as well xD lol. i need to buy a new umbrella.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rawr. last day of school is NEXT thursday. I'm sure a lot of people are already done ><

Its summer now, yet it's way cooler than it was at the start of spring =/

Does anyone have any ideas of where to get plain black or white shirts? Not those ugly thin ones >< for a couple of bucks each? I was thinking Target but any other places? I so want to go opshopping hahaha I'm planning to spend these hols trying to DIY xD

^ i've actually tried looking around for a plain white tee but they were always a bit pricey :( try sportsgirl or any places like them. however they can be a bit $$ -.-

last day of school is next week? NOOOOO~ everyone's gonna be out of school~~~~~ NUUUU! T.T

oh well. one more week to enjoy things without places being so busy. LOL ! :xx

my last day is on wednesday. Its NOT FAIR! all other schools have finished, like Santa Maria finished last Saturday.. Try Cotton On. Btw whats with the weather? this isnt summer!! x[

Blah. Our primary school finishes next Thursday. Not that any one will go. Year 7 graduation on Monday finally... for one child it has taken her 2 years to graduate from year 7 but it was so worth it.

I'll miss them so much.

^ Awww really.. I'm glad for her. ^^ My brother said he can't wait until school holidays but he has a bunch of reports to go through that he's slowly getting the hang of. He said he finishes in two weeks... I'm guessing it's next Thursday.

Aw I like this weather, though. Hehe. I miss COLD weather!!

But it would be REALLY weird if this Summer becomes cold... O___O

Guest ayaka_sorano

^True that.

I went out to return some of my school stuff today and then went to Caro to watch a movie. Then waited for the bus for so long in the rain!! I love the weather, but hate it when it rains and I'm out of the house... Cos I get wet and stuff.

The stupid bus timetable is changing too cos of the opening of Mandurah Line so that's gonna be a worry for me.....

Guest mystique

^ i know that buses 883 and one of the 2's [212, 210 or something] wont be going on spencer rd anymore coz of the train line..

Rai-Rai - try supre. they have nice off-the-shoulder plain ones (: plus the price is pretty ok.

i like the summer here now, not too hot ^^

anyone know where people need workers? currently need a job x]

Guest ayaka_sorano

^ I hope the 883 bus doesnt change route too much.... That's the main bus I need to catch to go home from anywhere.....

um... KFC in Livingston might be needing people I think? Or... try the new fruit and vege shop in Southlands. But I not too sure...

ohhh. okay. i don't think the bus changes will be affecting me. ^^

yaaaaaay. is this all the south of the river stuff? teehee.

all i know is that National Geographic in the city needs people ._. well my friend told me that about a month ago.

and McDonalds in North Perth needs people.

^ LOL!

speaking of transport, when you go and take your learners test and all that~

what do you take? like the identification?

my mum wants to know since i'm doing it tomorrow (after a six month procrastination) and she keeps bugging the crap out of me to find out.

Gosh, I need a job too xD I need referees and considering I have nada work experience, I got no idea who to ask or where to apply. I was thinking of cashier at some fast food place but at Hungry Jacks yesterday, there was this old lady buying somethnig and I felt for sorry for the girl working.

It was like:

Girl: Ma'am, it will be cheaper to get a meal and you get a drink with that, is that okay?

Lady: Yes, ok.

Girl: What drink would you like with that?

Lady: Well, I have my own drink...

Girl: This meal comes with a drink, what drink would you like ma'am?

Lady: I have a bottle of water right here...*takes big bottle of water out*...and that's is all I want. *in a slightly irritated voice*

Girl: Alright, no drink then? *sighs*

Experiences like that, scare me out of working at cashiers -______-;

Anyways, HJ's is looking for people. There was like quite a few, like Subi and stuff. KFC's probably looking for people. There's Subway too. my friends applied there but decided they might try out Target or something.

Guest ayaka_sorano

I think you should bring your passport.. It's the safest way cos like it's going all the details and stuff. Most of my frens brought their passport.

I have no idea what's happening to the bus routes. I hope it wont become more inconvenient for me....

Man... I can't believe I only get a stupid one shift a week for Pretzos.... I was hoping I'd get at least two, but now it's just ridiculous........ Hopefully when I start at Pink Rice they'll give four shifts in a week.... Hopefully....

All the fast food chains might be looking for people I guess. But I try to avoid all the greasy greasy workplace cos then you'd smell like grease all the time. But it's ok I guess....

I think the best places to get jobs would be like those fruit/veg shop or Those clothing stores or like Big W and woolies and those other stores.

^^^ Ohh.. hmm, i really don't like cashiers like them >.< i get so annoyed and everything. it's like NOO i don't want it... bleh! and same here. i have like no previous work experience, other than community service i had to do for school.. which apparently is also really good because it's volunteer work and whatnot..

but still.. it sucks!

^^ OMG SAME. i never did the references thing because i HONESTLY don't know what i did O_O like seriously, i did NOTHING for the school.. SO BAD! then i realised the compulsory community service we had to do for five years.. but it was too late. *cry*

^ ohh okie thanks. my mum was asking whether to bring a passport and i really wasn't sure. so i might bring that, too. thankies ^^

eh i really don't want to work at a fast food chain, but i have no where else to work. yeah i want to work at a clothing store. :( my friend just got a job at timezone.. i'm so jealous, i wanted to apply but nah... don't think i'd get it haha. i'm just surprised he got it. ^^

I don't think anyone should panic about the new bus routes. You will be very surprised at particularly the main line service improvements.

By cutting out free way running it leaves available many more buses and drivers, and to top that off the PTA have a not so secret depot where they have stored some of the better older buses because they will also be needed for the new system.

People south of the river, particularly in the old 879, 878, 883 etc will be getting a lot more buses starting a lot earlier and finishing a lot later.

The new bus time tables are online now at www.transperth.wa.gov.au

As far as jobs go try something unconventional. If you had of told me I would have been driving buses as my uni job 3 years ago I would have thought you where mad. I can't even drive a four wheel drive because they are to big.

Try cleaning jobs in hospitals, supermarkets, asian lunch bars, etc etc.

Archived