Official Perth Thread!

Antz

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest twinkle_l0ve
gosh the yr 11s i tutor are also worrying ALREADY! but really, just do ur best, and dont let scaling scare u cus its there to "help" and its not jsut U who gets scaled but everyone^^ good luck!

lol im in year 11...

im worrying atm >_<;;

Guest TrainDriver

*sigh* next week can be my week of tests, so many b4 school hols, plus i'm also gonna be doing a driving test hahahaha, oh well after that HK and SG YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love uni... All our tests, exams, assessments and projects are now completed, handed in, and now I can sit back and enjoy my one month of working like a china man to save up for next semesters fees.

Guest phat mole

EEEEE YAY HOLIDAYS IN A WEEEK!

I never really treasured holidays when i was in lower school..but now in yr 12 i truly feel so happy when holidays are coming up! =D Does anyone feel the same? AHAHA

You'll treasure them even more when you get to uni!!

Before my holidays I was totally over loaded with crap. It's partially my fault because I work as well, but there are times you just feel like "what the hell am I doing".

This next semester I really have to do better to try and get more home work done before the end of a semester.

my whole life is going to come crashing down. :(

It seems like that, particularly at the end of the semesters. We are lucky I don't know about other departments in Curtin, but in the education department they never give us home work over the mid semester break.

At the moment I'm working as well as doing full time uni but the job that I'm in would be considered a dead end job. Even in that dead end job I make enough money to be able to afford to live well enough and pay off my unit, pay my uni fees upfront, and pay my sisters uni fees up front. My car is old but in good condition and I own it, and so why sell it to get a new one and more debt?

In the last 3 years of uni there have been so many times when I have thought what the hell am I doing this for, but I now realize that even if I fail I can still make a good life. But my dream is to use my degree to get out of this place, so it would be a real disappointment to my self if I didn't complete it.

At Curtin nearly every year we have people from the Curtin Business School throwing them self off the top of the uni buildings killing them self. I guess the stress and pressure from their parents is too much, but is it really that bad?

^ good god.. really? and i was just at curtin a few days ago. ><"

there is stress and pressure for me.. i think it may be affecting my grades, but no matter how much i tell my family, they don't seem to listen. so now i don't know what to do anymore, and i really don't care if they say no to what i want to do in the future, because it's mine and this is how i'll succeed and be happy. by doing what i want to do and not listening to what they want me to do. gah. >__>

Guest <3 Kim

^ My parents wanted me to do nothing else but to become a doctor. I argued, shouted, yelled, swore at them, :ph34r: that I wanted my own future and now they just leave me alone with what I want to do. Maybe that's not the best way to tell them that you want to decide your future for yourself, but it worked for me :mellow: So now my family accepts what I want to do in the future

When I finished year 12 I went to work in a computer shop then ended up working for IBM. I then did a few other things in computing before I realised that I just couldn't handle the people around computers.

Now I'm back at uni studying to be a teacher, and I can assure your parents that it's better to let their children do what they want rather than wast a few years then go back and do what you didn't want them to do in the first place.

Guest TrainDriver

gah these holidays are gonna be a pain, so many assignments. how am i meant to enjoy my overseas trip if i gotta write a 5 minute english speech at night :( then i got tests at the end of week 1 and it doesn't help i'm not home for all of holidays. anyway, every1 have a good holiday :D

^ aww have fun on your trip. yeah lots of assignments and stuff to study for T_T ugh! i finish in one hour YAYAYAY~~ at school right now (: free time because i finished my assignment yesterday whaha. ^^

^ My parents wanted me to do nothing else but to become a doctor. I argued, shouted, yelled, swore at them, :ph34r: that I wanted my own future and now they just leave me alone with what I want to do. Maybe that's not the best way to tell them that you want to decide your future for yourself, but it worked for me :mellow: So now my family accepts what I want to do in the future

holy o_O you swore at them, too? how did they react? o_O i always shout that i want to do what i want and that is how i'll succeed. but they always throw it back at my face, especially if they're going to see my reports this semester. ugh.

Ack. I haven't been to this topic in yonks T^T

How've you all been? :D

Last day of school today! Whoop whoop!

Guest <3 Kim

haha they didnt really react to it cos i normally swear in front of them anyway :x

ahh finally holidays! but my holidays will be me spending every day at the library studying. ahhhh T__T

i really need to bring my marks up and catch up. Man in the last week I've done no work in any of my classes haha.

^ YOU DO!? O__O my parents would so kill me if i swore in front of them. i usually swear at my sis in front of them and they tell me off -__-

Yup holidays XD yeah i want to chill out but i don't have the choice to because i really need to bring my grades up by at least 30%. T_T

i sorta had a fight with my mum today because she constantly asks me what i want to do in uni and all that crap. it's so annoying because i can't decide yet.. gah! i did tell her i DON'T want to do commerce and she's accepting that now, finally. i hate it when people say no to whatever you want to do. but i'm gonna make it go into her head that i want to do what i want. -___-"

Guest <3 Kim

haha my dad usually swears in front of me so then I started it too :x

30%? O__O you would need to get above 90% for like each test O__O haha i need to bring up my marks hopefully by another 10% which is already hell hard to do already xD haha.

I just calclulated my TEE mark.. and ahh so bad T____T

LOL. my parents do swear in front of me but i just shouldn't swear in front of them.. well, to them. o_O

hmm well 30% ish LOL. okay at least 20% - 30%.. i don't know how i'm going to do it but it's not working right now.. T_T

yeah i calculated my tee mark last week and omgggg. i felt like crying. T_T

hopefully the scaling is okay this year..

Guest twinkle_l0ve

lol thats the way to do it!

thrash around and swear and yell at them

now now, its holidays. just pull out a couple of days for relaxing..

and then resume being the study nerd :ph34r:

Archived