• Instagram: hi_high_hiy

Drama Series

• Annarasumanara | Yeoshingangrim (Netflix / 2021-2022) - Na Il Deung
  • True Beauty | Yeoshingangrim (tvN / 2020-2021) - Han Seo-Joon
  • 18 Again (JTBC / 2020) - Goo Ja-Sung
  • The Tale of Nokdu | Joseonroko Nokdujeon (KBS2 / 2019) - Park Dan-Ho
  • Freshman (Naver TV Cast, 2019)
  • WHY (Naver TV Cast, 2018)

He was born in Seoul on 19 January 1991. After he completed his studies, he joined KeyEast as a model.[3] He made his acting debut in 2018 with lead roles in webdrama Why and Freshman in 2019.[4] He was also praised for his acting in The Tale of Nokdu as Park Dan-ho.[5] He gained further recognition during his performance as Goo Ja-sung, a basketball captain who bullies Lee Do-hyun's son in 18 Again.

Hwang In Yeop scene in 18 Again drama
Hwang is currently appearing in tvN drama True Beauty as Han Seo-jun, a high school "bad boy" who actually has a soft heart, which has been on air since December.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hwang In Yeop Revealed How He Prepared For His Role In “True Beauty” And How People Misjudge Him Based Of His Looks

Don’t judge a book by its cover!

WkzcoIa8UhmAq-46df4HluKCryhjERGkPjMUvXs9

Rising star Hwang In Yeop met with Cosmopolitan for a photoshoot and interview. In the interview, Hwang In Yeop discussed the preparation for his 1st lead in the webtoon based drama True Beauty and how he often gets misjudged by his looks.

VrB1OutlvulAqW_AUGuTIw7gBRINLg7N7jFHzODry31xtx666cgUrWcVgEbbAdrD3b9M0fIqUD_9vyUaPlAWSQp3iq6Rfpivo5BlD05GH-WZdLHq=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

In True Beauty, Hwang In Yeop’s character, Han Seo Joon, often puts a tough guy act on in front of others but inside or when no one is looking, he is the most caring and thoughtful person. His character is also known to drive around a motorcycle, adding to his tough-guy image.

F3RdwIxotct1kInkTxC1VOyNhaRFNKI2i0LQVKINHEaDycmkGg9ptd6JHwNd9mmar1s_tIYZzKAqumKxlXYZG9bGJC1GAmMoK5suO0zGmkqg7yc=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365| @hi_high_hiy/Instagram

To get ready for this role Hwang In Yeop said he wanted to give his all.

I am trying to express what I can express in order to show viewers the most like Seo-Jun. I had never ridden a motorcycle before acting as Seo Joon, but for this, I got a license and went to action school separately to shoot an action scene. That way, I wondered if it would satisfy the expectations of those who like Seo Jppm from the original webtoon. It’s good that I’m satisfied, but I think that making everyone else satisfied is the most important thing. So, I think this kind of effort should be done of course, and that’s how much I personally care about the character of Han Seo Jun.

— Hwang In Yeop

Much like his character, Hwang In Yeop is often misjudged by his image as a cold person. Though his appearance may be cold, he has a warm and playful personality.

My eye shape often makes people judged me to have a cold personality, but if I laugh, it’s different. And actually, I laugh well and play a lot of jokes. When I was young, I was often misunderstood because I was too introverted to express my feelings properly. Then, as I was working as an actor, I realized that it wasn’t difficult to reveal myself little by little. So now I try to be honest.

— Hwang In Yeop

DY7ajuvlhpFdA_Q2JTa9cwfVndLS7b2E9ZLb6biH8E-B7gGx77cEnZ6W6E0wJYkvdqEvz_OBNNVlH9PBy-EFrcY7Px4ySHB4iMtQRi5PctDzFVUx=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

Returning back to his character, Hwang In Yeop shared how he enjoyed being able to wear a school uniform again in his 30’s.

It’s been almost 10 years since I’ve worn a school uniform. When will I be able to experience this again? My age may be a burden, but I am happy that you (the director) trusted me, I’m getting more and more used to my appearance in school uniforms.

— Hwang In Yeop

F3RdwIxotct1kInkTxC1VOyNhaRFNKI2i0LQVKINHEaDycmkGg9ptd6JHwNd9mmar1s_tIYZzKAqumKxlXYZG9bGJC1GAmMoK5suO0zGmkqg7yc=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365 | @hi_high_hiy/Instagram

He then goes on to discuss how his busy schedule for True Beauty does not bother him because of how much he enjoys his work.

Even if I lack sleep, I am very happy with the hard work I want to do. I used to turn it off as soon as the alarm goes off in the morning, but these days it’s really easy to wake up. Now, I’m not feeling tired because I enjoy this moment. I debuted a little late, but now that I can work as an actor I have to work harder. Every moment right now is so precious.

— Hwang In Yeop

nDZUn93UZlMuxWX96P6AqcRHwwx39xpv33ERG-703Lu17eP0K8NmsN2VapXOzEK-XlAKE9sjJAXK1YS2o-sTQ4DzJhWzQTge-YhyOPoEl_l-a00=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

Ending the interview, Hwang In Yeop was asked what type of actor he would like to be in the future.

I want to be an actor that people look forward to. For example, when I saw previews for dramas or movies with my parents and they said, ‘So-and-so is in this. Let’s watch this no matter what.’ If I could turn into an actor like that. The kind people anticipate to watch and whose acting people know they can trust, I don’t think there’s anything that could make me happier. I hope there’ll be a moment when people say, ‘I hear Hwang In Yeob is in this. I’m looking forward to it.’

— Hwang In Yeop

H5ZEZaHSVczK4p7l7uhnL20KjaBNSc-rkRPpP-UvpV-y-fRSZCssfYMVOA4XnsAHEw_XFOEpAFbgTF--zi1EgmkyMpUQDVbMzeU3Nj3RFDV4EQ=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

Fans love seeing Hwang In Yeob as Han Seo Joon and can’t wait to see his future projects!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hwang In Yeop to Possibly Star in the New Netflix Drama ‘Annarasumanara’ Together with Ji Chang Wook

Korea's new rising star and "True Beauty" actor Hwang In Yeop is in talks to star in the upcoming series, "Annarasumanara," with actor Ji Chang Wook.

Hwang In Yeop
(Photo : Hwang In Yeop's Official Instagram Account)

On Dec. 28, it was reported that Hwang In Yeop received an offer to play the character of a model student named Na Ildeung in Netflix's upcoming original series "Annarasumanara" which is based on a popular webtoon of the same name. The actor's home agency, Keyeast Entertainment, informed NewsN that there is no confirmation yet regarding the proposal. Meanwhile, Ji Chang Wook has also been reported to play the lead role of a magician named Lee Eul.

Hwang In Yeop and Ji Chang Wook
(Photo : wowkeren)

"Annarasumanara" was written by Ha Il Kwon and will tell the story of a high school girl named Yun Ai, who has lost her dream of becoming a magician after her parents left them. She is struggling to live a normal life with her younger sister due to financial problems, until one day she meets a mysterious magician named Lee Eul.

Because of his immense popularity, Hwang In Yeop is continuously gaining more projects and attracting many viewers globally. The 30-year-old actor entered the acting industry through his web drama "Why," and later on, he showed an amazing performance in the dramas "The Tale of Nokdu" and "18 Again." He is also currently portraying Han Seo Jun, who is a rebellious yet warm-hearted guy in the hit ongoing romance comedy-drama "True Beauty." The actor's charm continuously captures the attention of many viewers, together with his appealing looks and confidence while acting on screen.

With his skyrocketing career in the drama "True Beauty," Hwang In Yeop also gained more followers on his official Instagram account, giving us proof that he is making huge progress in his career.

Hwang In Yeop
(Photo : Hwang In Yeop's Official Instagram Account)

Meanwhile, in the latest episode of "True Beauty," his character Han Seo Jun surprised the viewers with an unexpected yet adorable scene wherein the actor was seen wearing only a piece of leopard shorts and a bathrobe, since he needed to get some water. After that, he started to dance and sing as he is having fun listening to the music. He is confidently dancing until he turned around and saw, Im Ju Gyeong (Moon Ga Young). They were both shocked seeing each other. Seo Jun particularly started to feel embarrassed about what he did and slowly walked towards his room and begins to scream because of embarrassment.

The scene gained a lot of impression on different social media platforms as viewers have witnessed the adorable side of Han Seo Jun's character and can't wait to see more of what is to come.

Meanwhile, the actor's fans and viewers are excited to see Hwang In Yeop work in various projects, giving him the recognition and appreciation that he deserves.

• verit changed the title to Hwang In Yeop (Rising Star)
  • Guest changed the title to Hwang In Yeop 황인엽 (Rising Star)
  • 2 years later...