[Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Jade Lovers 翡翠恋人

Rania Zeid

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lee Jong Seok and Zheng Shuang are a Visual Match in Character Posters for Jade Lover

Posted on April 3, 2016 by ockoala

feik.jpg

Filming is near wrapped for Korean-Chinese co-produced drama Jade Lover (or Emerald Jade Lover), the successor in spirit to last summer’s silly hit Diamond Lover with Rain and Tang Yan. That drama was stupid from the start and then went cray cray with whatever little plot it had in the end, but I still have hopes that Jade Lover with Lee Jong Seok and Zheng Shuang will be a rare gem among a sea of mostly crap C-dramas.

I forever love the period romance era of the early Republic, and Lee Jong Seok looks damn fine in suits and great coats. Zheng Shuang cut her hair for the role of a plucky fallen heiress to a jade chaebol family and the look transforms her to great advantage, she’s got this focus and charm from the stills alone that I’ve not seen from her. Even more important is seeing how visually compatible the two leads look in the same frame, easing my initial trepidation when the cast was announced.

feik1.jpg

feik2.jpg

http://koalasplayground.com/2016/04/03/lee-jong-seok-and-zheng-shuang-are-a-visual-match-in-character-posters-for-jade-lover/

Archived