[Thai BL Series 2016-2018] SOTUS The Series S1 & S2 พี่ว้ากตัวร้ายกับนายปีหนึ่ง

WeLoveSoompi

43 minutes ago, pixiie07 said:

I watched on Dailymotion :)  you  have to type ''sotuss' :) 

I hope you are okay :dissapointed:
Everything gonna be okay :) we are here :blush: we are a family too :heart:

Figthing my loneliness with the forum ,  i hope to feel better i dont want my sadness to deteriorate to depression ....... thank you all and this sotus family .....

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, asdl said:

Figthing my loneliness with the forum ,  i hope to feel better i dont want my sadness to deteriorate to depression ....... thank you all and this sotus family .....

We are here, just stay here and talk with us all :blush:  share your feelings about sotus, your opinions and all :blush:

• Like 4

On 12/13/2016 at 1:04 AM, delightful said:

Sotus got very good reception, are you thinking of writing a part 2 to the novel?

“We have discussed it a bit… but it’s not definite yet. I’ll wait and see if they are going to do a part 2 first. I’ll listen to the voices of the fan club more than anything, if I was to write a part 2. Right now there are people who have written a lot of fan fics, so I think that if I see a possible storyline then I want to try and write it with my own pen name. You’ll just have to wait and see, you might get some good news.

wait @delightful did she really say is she "sees a possible storyline" she'd write it? as in, she reads fanfic and would use a plot if she liked it? wow. that's actually why a lot of authors don't allow fanfiction and refuse to read it if fans send it - if they use a similar/identical plot to a fanfic that was written before, there could be a lawsuit. Really surprised to see her say this, unless it's a bit of awkward translation I'm reading wrong?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, whitecaptain0602 said:

guys anyone of you have the high quality of gear sotus picture ??

About the best I can do is a screen grab (this is Arthit's - so it's EN 57 instead of EN 59).

Spoiler

EN57.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, delightful said:

There won't be a lot to go on if they try to focus on the friends having issues with them, Bittersweet already wrote in the special chapter that all their friends are very accepting of their relationship. They were all great about it and they were the reasons that Arthit and Kongpope could have a 'normal' college life..... That's all that really matters, your friend's understanding.

If they do a second season I want it to focus on their family's reaction and focus on the the last two year of Kongpope's school year. I want their families to know about them. I think telling their families about their relationship would be so hard on Arthit, seeing how hard it is on him right now. The potential for an actual story would be to focus on their families. 

I haven't read the special chapters on purpose. Once you had given us the heads up that we were in for a decent ending I decided to stay on - and joined up here. Frankly, the moment that I get the hint that the story is going to go pear-shaped (they kiss and the bridge blows up; one of them suddenly gets terminally ill; he gets shot; or the ultimate : the government just steps in and cancels the show) I sort of lose interest. (Get a move on for crying out loud, yes, sorry, got carried away).

The special chapters take us on to a few years afterwards and the two lads are still together. Thus, they have either overcome any hostility from the families, or they just ignored it and carried on regardless.

A second season would require tension and drama. In Love Sick 2 pretty much ALL of the drama towards the end was coming from the other couples and the fabulous, totally out of it, Jeed. That was one crazy woman, OTT or what. And lots of people complained.

Punh had to ditch a girl who was not in love with him (she was sleeping around) and for whom, he finally realised, he didn't have any deep down feelings. As for sad wee Yuri. Quite clear in this thread, by the defence of Kongpob, that Noh should have given her the blunt : "I'm not in the slightest bit interested" treatment from the word go. But if he had, you couldn't have had episode after episode of him feeling bad and her not knowing what was really going on. Drama !

Arthit and Kongpob don't have that baggage. We also know they are going to be together a few years down the line.

I, for one, do not want to see the writers go for a money making spin off by sitting down and saying : Right, what can we throw at them to make their lives miserable for 16 episodes ? Lots of people live out really happy lives, but that doesn't make good television.

I want them to get Season 1 right. To the point where we all feel "it would be nice to know what happened next" but we don't need another season, that's why we were given imaginations. So far, I reckon the director has it reasonably okay. The episodes have greater power run in sequence, rather than as segments.

• Like 4

Guest delightful
2 hours ago, originalnickname said:

You mean during their two years together they haven't said anything to their parents o_O ?? (we know they staid together two years thanks to special chapters....)

Their families aren't mentioned in the special chapters. The only one I remember is when Kongpope went to do the interview at the university and his mom dropped him off. His mom was very nice in dropping him off and telling him to call her so she could pick him up even though he could get home on his own. And he asked his family to live in the dorm even though his family doesn't live far from the university. I wish Bittersweet would write more on their families. We practically know nothing about Arthit's side. 

1 hour ago, ironyshines said:

yes yes yes ! It would be really angsty but also pretty much necessary if they want to live together and create something. It would be a complete change with 'season 1' so I am completely up for it. Nevertheless I prefer not to hope anything... Let's just see how it turns out. But I have this weird headcanon where Arthit's father is a doctor (absolutely no reason except that he was the one to take care of the freshman who hyperventilated). Also I could see Arthit not getting along with his family who expected him to become a doctor, and that's why he's so bothered by Kongpob 'i don't like engineering but my mom wanted me to study this'. 
But Arthit had it so hard with accepting he was attracted to Kongpob, hence a man, far more than Kongpob. I'm sure it could be really great and painful but also funny. I don't see Kongpob's family anything but supportive

The hazers are trained to quickly respond when the first years need help. The first year student's safety is their priority. Especially for the head hazer, who is the one in charge. That is why he would be severely punished and guilty if anything happens to the first year students. I'm sure Arthit read up on all the student's profile or at least skimmed thru it so that he knows how much of a punishment he could give to a student. 

5 minutes ago, delightful said:

Their families aren't mentioned in the special chapters. The only one I remember is when Kongpope went to do the interview at the university and his mom dropped him off. His mom was very nice in dropping him off and telling him to call her so she could pick him up even though he could get home on his own. And he asked his family to live in the dorm even though his family doesn't live far from the university. I wish Bittersweet would write more on their families. We practically know nothing about Arthit's side. 

That's weird that they aren't mentioned.... Considering they stayed so long together maybe we can assume that they met each other's parents ? I don't know.... 

• Like 1

Guest delightful
13 minutes ago, dustinmyeye said:

I haven't read the special chapters on purpose. Once you had given us the heads up that we were in for a decent ending I decided to stay on - and joined up here. Frankly, the moment that I get the hint that the story is going to go pear-shaped (they kiss and the bridge blows up; one of them suddenly gets terminally ill; he gets shot; or the ultimate : the government just steps in and cancels the show) I sort of lose interest. (Get a move on for crying out loud, yes, sorry, got carried away).

The special chapters take us on to a few years afterwards and the two lads are still together. Thus, they have either overcome any hostility from the families, or they just ignored it and carried on regardless.

A second season would require tension and drama. In Love Sick 2 pretty much ALL of the drama towards the end was coming from the other couples and the fabulous, totally out of it, Jeed. That was one crazy woman, OTT or what. And lots of people complained.

Punh had to ditch a girl who was not in love with him (she was sleeping around) and for whom, he finally realised, he didn't have any deep down feelings. As for sad wee Yuri. Quite clear in this thread, by the defence of Kongpob, that Noh should have given her the blunt : "I'm not in the slightest bit interested" treatment from the word go. But if he had, you couldn't have had episode after episode of him feeling bad and her not knowing what was really going on. Drama !

Arthit and Kongpob don't have that baggage. We also know they are going to be together a few years down the line.

I, for one, do not want to see the writers go for a money making spin off by sitting down and saying : Right, what can we throw at them to make their lives miserable for 16 episodes ? Lots of people live out really happy lives, but that doesn't make good television.

I want them to get Season 1 right. To the point where we all feel "it would be nice to know what happened next" but we don't need another season, that's why we were given imaginations. So far, I reckon the director has it reasonably okay. The episodes have greater power run in sequence, rather than as segments.

I'm glad I was able to keep you with us. Yes, it has a 'decent' ending, but their families were never mentioned. I don't know anything about their reactions or if they even know. No where do they talk about visiting or knowing the other person's family. It does upset me a bit in that aspect, dating someone for 2-3 years and not being able to meet their family even though they live in the same city. I mean what about the parties, celebrations, or other special events that they have at home? Don't you kind of invite friends and family to your house for birthdays or just parties? Would Arthit and Kongpope ever do that? Arthit moves from his current dorm to another apartment that is closer to work so he doesn't move home, but I'm sure his parents should be involved in some ways with his decisions. He is an only child so I don't know how traditional they are about him having kids. Darn, I want to cry thinking about it. Imagine what our Pink Milk Monster will feel if his parents wanted a grandchild? 

A little about Love Sick, I was pissed to say the least .. but i don't have time to write it now.. let me collect my thoughts and I'll reply later on this one. 

6 minutes ago, dustinmyeye said:

Well, Noh's "not knowing what to do with Yuri" was in the novel and was at least in character for him. A lot of the hubub over Season 2 was all the additions and mischaracterizations added/changed for the series.

Rant about Season 2 in the spoiler (mini-version of MANY posts I made in the Love Sick thread a few years ago. .lol)

Spoiler

Ohm absolutely did not have the issues in the novel that the did in the series, so in the novel, it made sense that he was the one to bring Noh to the point of admitting - in the series - it was totally weird that he was driving "the council of nations" to get Noh to confess when he was still wishy-washy about his own thing with Mick. Per was a total word I cannot type here due to the filters for awhile - something that absolutely did not happen in the novel (in fact, IMO, the novel implied that he and Win ended up together). It could have happened for a brief period in the novel since Noh was our narrator, but it was greatly implied that they were "OK" by the time of the battle of the bands instead of Per telling Win to go die. And with placing Pharma Camp where they did instead of it being the last story arch, it messed with the pacing of Phun/Noh. In the novel, Noh gets all angsty about Pam showing up and the whole thing with Phun's dad and begins to worry that he's not good enough for Phun and will only mess up his life. They resolve that, and then go to Pharma Camp, resolve their lingering issues and get more comfortable with displaying their affection for each other around everyone else and settle in. In the series. . .it just got weird. . Pam shows up, the "conflict" with dad starts, and Noh gets nervous. Then they go to Pharma Camp and resolve their lingering issues (with the exception of Pam and Dad) and get more comfortable displaying their affection for each other around everyone else - and actually TALK. Then they go back home, immediately stop communicating, and Noh gets all worried all over again about Pam and Phun's dad. It felt like they were yo-yoing back and forth. I was literally screaming at the TV "YOU JUST FIXED THIS CRAP BY TALKING TO EACH OTHER, NOW YOU'RE GOING TO REVERT BACK?!"

And then, with all the crap that they introduced with the side couples towards the end. . . they RAN OUT OF EPISODES/TIME to finish them off appropriately. Mark/Win/Per - I was having whiplash there for a minute because that was literally "resolved" off screen in between scenes of another couple in one episode. . .and Earn/Pete - IN THE END CREDITS, and left hanging?  REALLY?!  *finds center of calm*

So, long story short (I know, too late!) I think a lot of the issues that people had with Love Sick was that the production team that tackled season 1 were largely true to the novel. The team that took over for season 2 strayed from that a bit too much for the sake of TV. Granted, it was totally appropriate to expand "the world" a bit to encompass other characters, but when they started making decisions that disrupted the overall pace of the story and went against characterizations that were established in the novel, that's when people started to get a wee bit upset. When one's most "rabid" fans are already familiar with a work, the adaptation has to be careful that they're not making changes "just to make changes" or for "drama's sake" or "to stretch it out to fill the required number of episodes" as you're potentially worried about what would happen with SOTUS.

I think Season 2 of Love Sick would have been OK and much better received had it been more consistent with the source material. And therein would be the problem with SOTUS - there is currently no source material. So yeah, I agree, if it was written from the perspective of "Hey this has gotten popular, we need more to do a second season" that would be bad. There would need to be a viable story that hasn't been told. And not just something random to throw out there because "drama." 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, delightful said:

I'm glad I was able to keep you with us. Yes, it has a 'decent' ending, but their families were never mentioned. I don't know anything about their reactions or if they even know. No where do they talk about visiting or knowing the other person's family. It does upset me a bit in that aspect, dating someone for 2-3 years and not being able to meet their family even though they live in the same city. I mean what about the parties, celebrations, or other special events that they have at home? Don't you kind of invite friends and family to your house for birthdays or just parties? Would Arthit and Kongpope ever do that? Arthit moves from his current dorm to another apartment that is closer to work so he doesn't move home, but I'm sure his parents should be involved in some ways with his decisions. He is an only child so I don't know how traditional they are about him having kids. Darn, I want to cry thinking about it. Imagine what our Pink Milk Monster will feel if his parents wanted a grandchild? 

Well that's HIS decision if he wants to have kids or not, he shoudln't feel bad because his parents want grandchildren but he can't/doesn't wanna have kids (btw, maybe he will want to adopt in the futur, who knows?) ..... I know conservative people really like their children to have children so that there is a next generation, but I disagree with that... But that's just my opinion... Once again, I like to imagine (even though I know it's not mentioned in the book) that they met each other's parents or at least talked about each other to their parents....

• Like 3

8 hours ago, dustinmyeye said:

As for season 2. Russian proverb : the evil of good is - better. Or, if you wish. If it isn't broken, don't fix it. If I come away from Season 1 with a feel good glow. I will be content to leave it at that. 

I'm with you on that. Special chapters/episodes are acceptable bcs they are in the novel :wub: If season 1 is enough to take in all chapters from the novel, season 2 isn't needed. I just want the series to be close enough to the novel (I don't read all chapters, tho, just those translated by @delightful:sweatingbullets:). Details are important! I hope this series—this season— can provide us the details we want to watch the most :glasses:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, delightful said:

There won't be a lot to go on if they try to focus on the friends having issues with them, Bittersweet already wrote in the special chapter that all their friends are very accepting of their relationship. They were all great about it and they were the reasons that Arthit and Kongpope could have a 'normal' college life and still keep seeing each other as boyfriends. I'm sure that from the usual teasing that they already do, the friends helped protect them in their own ways. The only thing that happened after they went public with their relationship was a rumor/gossip spread around the campus, it was like an open secret, I suppose. If anyone came to ask Arthit all they got were his 'head-hazer' stares. Kongpope would just nod and smile to other people's questions. It's perfect even if they can't answer other people's questions they never deny it and their close friends know about them. That's all that really matters, your friend's understanding.

If they do a second season I want it to focus on their family's reaction and focus on the the last two year of Kongpope's school year. I want their families to know about them. I think telling their families about their relationship would be so hard on Arthit, seeing how hard it is on him right now. The potential for an actual story would be to focus on their families. 

It would be 'tough' to get this done to be  a 'worthy' sequel.  Otherwise, it will only be reminiscent of the 2nd-half of Grey Rainbow which have exactly the same shift of focus. 

Spoiler

(Speaking of, I only opted to watch the first half - already a stand-alone satisfying 2-ep story by itself -  due to being spoilt of it having the usual sad-ending tripe. In spite of that and my bit of annoyance on some mannerisms of one of the leads, I would still consider it as a more mature and well-delivered BL story. )

Apologies, if not for your, @delightful, insightful take on the story direct from the lens of the actual novel itself, I honestly would otherwise find the SOTUS TV version of the Arthit+Kongpop love-story to be grounded merely on intimidation edging on stockholm-syndrome type of attraction. Thankfully you were there to fill-in those missing introspective gaps for me. I still felt wanting for the production team to effectively establish WHY would Arthit be falling for Kongpop (and vice-versa), aside from the fact that Krist and Singto are like adorable lost puppies. Or maybe, just like what Kongpop and P'Nott said:  some things just happen, some things don't need a reason. Regardless, I already commit myself to enjoy the view whatever the remaining 4-eps have in store and your sharing us a peek of the beautiful things Bittersweet had actually written.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, dbsjkyuhyuksu said:

Omoo... Krist is soooo cuuute... kkkk.. wonder what he do to make Singto like that XDDD
Btw.. where is it come from???

As pointed out by our fellow SOTUS fans, it was from a workshop. More of the workshop stuff were also featured in the following OPV:

• Like 10

1 hour ago, delightful said:

A little about Love Sick, I was pissed to say the least .. but i don't have time to write it now.. let me collect my thoughts and I'll reply later on this one. 

Don't you think it will be an interesting season 2? like dealing with both parents..Arthit dealing with work, family and Kong...Kong dealing with head hazer, study, Arthit, and family...I find it interesting to know how they deal with it, how they manage to hide it or tell people about it.. :blush:

• Like 4

I must be the only one thinking like that then, but when I have a good show, I don't think "I WANT MOOOOARR" lol, I'm satisfied with what I got, I don't need a season 2, season 1 contained all the elements I was looking for. 

I think the elements that people mentioned in this thread are not necessary, or won't be enough to fill a whole season (maybe a few episodes at  max) unless they fill with tons of unnecessary twist and turns that will end up being annoying af. I feel like this season is so perfect, not stretching out or rushing anything either...

I, personally, don't wish for a season two....

Spoiler

BTW, the show is not even over we're having a whole conversation about season 2 lmao

• Like 8