[Thai BL Series 2016-2018] SOTUS The Series S1 & S2 พี่ว้ากตัวร้ายกับนายปีหนึ่ง

WeLoveSoompi

Just caught up with Episode 9 (thank you @delightful for the eng subbing!!!)... and man, this tugged the memory strings for me.

I was a sophomore in HS, and thoroughly in the closet, and also pretty dense when it came to flirting/love. I handled the lighting for the drama club, and a freshman joined my group. He became an instant shadow to me, and it wasn't until half the school year had passed when my friend asked me if this kid and I had a thing going on. The clueless Arthit and pursuing Kongpope totally reminded me of that time in my life. (Sadly, I didn't handle it very well and kinda freaked out. Poor kid...)

• Like 13

Guest delightful
41 minutes ago, Jay BudLight said:

After rewatching the EP9 for the 4th round, I eventually see the "EN54" gear on Arthit's hand.

1. Was that Arthit's gear?

2. Was he planning to give it to Kongphob? That's why he stopped Kongphob twice?!?!

Didn't it say EN 59? It's Kongpope's gear. Arthit wanted to return it to Kongpope, but he couldn't find the 'right' way to do it. If he returned it, it meant he had to ask Kongpope why he gave his 'heart' to him or what Kongpope really feels for him. Arthit wasn't ready for the answer yet. He was thinking at that scene that if he had asked and Kongpope said 'Yes, I have feelings for you,' then he wouldn't know how to act. But if Kongpope said 'No, I don't have feelings for you,' then he would tell Kongpope to stop being so nice to him, like don't treat him with such care. Arthit is a very sensitive person even though he pretends he isn't and he cares a great deal about Kongpope's feelings, just he doesn't know how to handle the current situation.

@delightful i dont think handkerchiefs will do! Imma hang my very big towel on my shoulder for next episode!! *im not readyyy* 

and thank you for the hardsub! U truly an angel! N yes we love your personnal comment!! I feel like im not alone when:wub: watching it!  

P/s: do mind sharing your Hubby, Khun Off with me? :D

• Like 11

Hi, all!

I am back with my review, ep 9. really Thaky you, @delightful for Eng sub! and a variety of pics, movie clips and gifs of friends here give me real happiness! ....I think Sotus helps me study English.(Actually I don't want it. I even didn't like English when I went to school...sorry for English speaking friends.)

I know it is not special at all. but I wanna record memories of Sotus in my mind. so, forgive me if I make mistakes and my perspectives are different from you

** the lines I use in the review are from @delightful's translations.

Prologue EP 9 Review

3steps_pinkmilk2.jpg

1. I remember his lying ,'I didn't order pink milk' EP 3, but in fact he ordered it and even he likes it very much.
  • I also remember he hid the pink milk behind his back before Kongpob in EP 4, but his 0062 already saw him drinking it.
  • lastly in EP 9, he drank it right next to Kongpob with an extremely cute face...

I think his road to love would be like that. From Denial to Concealment and finally to acceptance of Kongpob as his love!:wub:

** by the way, who ate Kong's bag?/ I am looking for Wad, where is he?

1. Review Board : https://www.wattpad.com/335800693-sotus-the-series-review-board-ep-9-keeps-me

2. Save Kongpob/fanfic : https://www.wattpad.com/327157359-sotus-fanfic-saving-kongpob-mr-busybody-saving

I put the review in the spoiler box

Spoiler

Long time no see, Sotus! Our two leads, Arthit and Kongpob, are still bright and lovely. The other characters are also good enough in acting. but..... I feel sorry that we have no scene Wad and Prem are together in. I wanna ask them producing Sotus, You guys just attempted to troll us.....?

Maybe they can appear together on the next episode?

Anyway,

In EP. 9, there are some scenes attracting me.

Let's get started from Arthit's changes after given the gear by Kongpob.

Arthit, his reactions tell me everything I want to know. He must instinctively know what he himself means in Kongpob's heart, the apple of his eye.

During the hazing process, Arthit disguised himself with an evil face and a sharp voice. A fierce evil senior was a dominant image of Arthit. However, Wow....After the hazing was over and Arthit was given the gear by Kongpob, Arthit started pulling out a variety of his feelings from inside him.

difference1.jpg

He seems so generous and honest to Kongpob on the beach that night. He looks both embarrassed and pleased when given the gear. He even shows some shyness and awkwardness, unable to hide 'his Kong-oriented feelings', on their way back to school. He makes me know how comfortable he feels when he sleeps, leaning on Kongpob's shoulder. Despite himself Arthit continuously shows his being attracted by Kongpob. When they say goodbye near the bus, when they are at the restaurant and the hair salon, I could feel his heart fluttering. Everything is sweet and even more than a crush, impossible to happen in the ordinary senior-junior relationship.

singto_ep9_expre.jpg

Through the EPs so far, We can see a youth named Kongpob standing on the border between innocent adolescence and fuzzy adulthood.

Kongpob's expressions towards Arthit are just amazing. He really makes me confused by his way of expressing, sometimes I see a boyish man in him, and the other time I can feel him already mature enough. What is his real self? maybe, Youth itself is not only the flower of life, but also the chaos time of life.

Here is one more.His eyes don't lie, no...Can't lie. They are just full of love, unable to hide it any more. His eyes are always searching for his Sun. As soon as they find his Sun, this teary eyed man flashed such a bright smile. Even if the coming EP makes him stand at the edge of the cliff, Rather, it will help him lead his Sun back.

twomen_onesided.jpg

Let me talk about Kongpob and Aim last. I think they seem interested in their own love, not the other' s love, (though they are best friends ever.) Maybe, Each of them would be busy pursuing their one-sided romance , not able to care for the best friend's right now.

Aim might not like to know about Kong's feelings for May. It would be natural for a man in love to be scared of potential love rivals. Moreover, what will happen if your potential rival is your best friend? I can't imagine anything about that. but I think Aim is acting wisely so as not to hurt himself and people he loves as well.

'Two people that didn't know each other getting to meet....is something magical.....'

Aim said to May with his eyes full of pure love. How impressive! I'm surprised at how much he develops his unrequited love for her that obviously. Even their conversation on the bus is a jewel of this EP.

'You're not going to let the girl be in the middle?' -Aim

'Is that necessary?'-Kongpob

To Kongpob, May is just one of his friends, but to Aim, she must be a girl he willingly protects from harm. I truly hope this lovely man ends up with May as a couple.

if not.......do I have to use my own imagination........?

The full of EP 9 is all about their love coming on.

Yes, I know they will show me much of angst this coming Saturday.

Just wait and enjoy whatever they give me.

-Thank you for reading

• Like 24

1 hour ago, seoha said:

** by the way, who ate Kong's bag?/ I am looking for Wad, where is he?

I wondered what happened to Kong's bag, as well. I decided the unwritten narrative was that he was so smitten and overjoyed at Arthit falling asleep on his shoulder, he totally walked off without it.

• Like 7

lol the mystery of Kong missing bag :D

that guy totally smitten i doubt he remember about anything else beside the warmth of sleeping Arthit beside him and their sweet farewell lmao...

i just positively think Aim being a nice friend taking Kong bag with him since he already took away Kong seat :P

or well we also have May who always extra aware of Kong so she might help took his stuff i doubt she just gonna walk past it when it on her walking out path lol

• Like 8

33 minutes ago, baw74 said:

I wondered what happened to Kong's bag, as well. I decided the unwritten narrative was that he was so smitten and overjoyed at Arthit falling asleep on his shoulder, he totally walked off without it.

7 minutes ago, salz said:

that guy totally smitten i doubt he remember about anything else beside the warmth of sleeping Arthit beside him and their sweet farewell lmao...i just positively think Aim being a nice friend taking Kong bag with him since he already took away Kong seat :Por well we also have May who always extra aware of Kong so she might help took his stuff i doubt she just gonna walk past it when it on her walking out path lol

In ep 6, since Kong left Arthit's room without cleaning up the dishes.....This is the second mystery for me.

Do we have to be a detective? haha but....my love for Sotus makes me forgive their tiny mistakes( really?).....

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, shinnu said:

Enjoy the video of Krist and TopTap skating on the ice rink.:lol:

Did they enter the rink when it's closed? :blink: There's no one in the mall except for the little girl and the guy behind the camera.. and maybe a few behind the camera. But gosh, Toptap is stealing my attention instead :wub: he looks so hot with that tight chest fitting top

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, seoha said:

In ep 6, since Kong left Arthit's room without cleaning up the dishes.....This is the second mystery for me.

Do we have to be a detective? haha but....my love for Sotus makes me forgive their tiny mistakes( really?).....

isn't this mystery already solves long ago?

If my memory is right i remember someone say that it because of Knot come to the room so Kong left since there no need for him with Arthit friend there to help..but that scene get edit and cut so it end in weird way..i remember there pic of Knot in the room as well..

Well somebody can explained better for sure since it long ago my memory might playing trick

For me because the director is still inexperience so there lot of flaws with thing like editing,lighting etc but overall i just ignore it since all in all this drama manage to make me happy with them staying true to the novel well maybe with some adjustment of course but still not that far from novel and most important they pick perfect casting esp for two lead role with good acting+the perfect age to drool at so minor mistake not that bothering 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, seoha said:

The one in ep 6 was cut and later confirmed by the series director on twitter since a lot of people noticed and pointed it out...:lol:

The same thing probably happened with the bag on this ep.. Or Singto plainly forgot the bag prop :lol:

P.S. I was one of those who were totally pointing out the butchered scene on episode 6.. whoops..:lol:

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, salz said:

If my memory is right i remember someone say that it because of Knot come to the room so Kong left since there no need for him with Arthit friend there to help..but that scene get edit and cut so it end in weird way..i remember there pic of Knot in the room as well..Well somebody can explained better for sure since it long ago my memory might playing trick

13 minutes ago, MaguStrates said:

The one in ep 6 was cut and later confirmed by the series director on twitter since a lot of people noticed and pointed it out...:lol:The same thing probably happened with the bag on this ep.. 

....Thank you guys for the information! I didn't know it was edited, cut and later confirmed by the director. Sotus fans are great. they make the director explain what happened to the scene....Thanks again!

• Like 4

For me...my fav scene in Epi 9 was when they at the gift shop...where they casually talked about each other family, get to know each other better...and Arthit talked about his love interest...they talked to each other nicely without teasing and yelling to each other :) 

and of coz! Kongpope need to shamelessly asked P'arthit to write him a love letter! :sweatingbullets: 

P/s: i also like to write a congratulation card to my friend who getting married! More personal i guess ;) (not romantic u kongpope! U flirt too much kongpope!) 

• Like 7

giphy.gif

Ok why was this moment not in the episode? Why the hell were these few seconds edited?

Something kept bothering me whenever I watched this scene in epi 9....so I went and checked the MVs and teasers....and saw this gem of an expression on Kong's face....

So not only did we get a shorter episode with 6 minutes of recap....but we got cheated on the most awaited scene....I really want to have a word with the editors....:angry:

• Like 14

8 hours ago, delightful said:

I was going to ask you all, is my 'signature' on ep.9's video okay? Is it way too obvious? Does it bother anyone? 

I found it very easy on the eyes. I only noticed it at first, because it was different from before, but it's not distracting at all. Definitely doesn't bother me. I like it a lot like this!:)

4 hours ago, JCM said:

Yep, here's how I see it so far (and I haven't read any of the book translations yet, as I'm trying to do this one free from major spoilers unlike I did with Love Sick).

*cracks knuckles* It's 6AM, and I've officially finished grading, so I'm going to try out one of my long-winded soliloquies on this series so far - everyone keep in mind that I've been BUSY and thus have only watched each episode once, so a lot of this was "first impressions" and if there are things I've missed, please let me know.

"Kong's Side"

Hide contents

In the beginning Kong spoke up and "became a problem" because he genuinely thought the system was unfair and that the seniors were sadists - just punishing them to be punishing them (Arthit especially). But that changed pretty quickly after Kong started watching Arthit more closely - being able to view him "from across the way" and watching him "in his natural habitat", along with the small acts (Arthit giving him and Aim the snacks when Aim was injured, and overhearing that Arthit was the one that "recommended" him for the whole "sun and moon" thing) allowed Kong to see through that tough outer layer. And he began to fall for him. You know how it can be when you're paying close attention to someone that you perhaps think is attractive. . . you see them do small little things (facial expressions, body movements, certain ways of speaking, talking etc, small acts here and there) and you just think they are the cutest thing ever. Yep, that's where Kong is/was. Seeing that Arthit wasn't just an a-hole made him start to reevaluate the whole SOTUS system and really consider what it was attempting to do: bring them into the fold and teach them to be a team - to care for each other. That realization (along with all the other small things) made him realize that Arthit is actually a really caring guy that has genuine concern for them. Now that he knows that Arthit's gruffness is just an act, you may think that he would have gone a bit easier on his senior, but no he doesn't. He want's to get to know him better now. . see more of the real him, and "tear down that wall." Kong knows that he can "get a rise" out of Arthit and see glimpses of these cute things by continuing to be "the problem" - but Arthit is still his senior, and Kong wants his respect - plus he knows that Arthit still needs his "tough face" for the other freshies. . . So even though he enjoys "playing" with Arthit" he knows he can only push it so far; too far and Arthit loses the respect of the rest of the group, so Kong isn't going to push it past that line. So he tries to strike that balance and make a lot of his "now teasing" more private. His behavior started because he wanted to speak up for himself and his classmates in an unfair situation, but then it became a "Hey. ..I like you! Notice me! Notice me! I'm over here! Show me that cute side! Over here! *waves* Hey! Right Here!" kind of thing. . . which brings us a nice parallel with our closing theme The Secret in Our Hearts (Kwahm Lup Nai Jai). I'm kind of stretching it a bit at this early stage of the game, but hte whole "Secret" is that we can't say we love each other out loud in public because that would mean disappointing someone and losing their respect so it's enough, that we know the game we're playing. . .right now; however, Kong is the only one playing that game. . .taking baby steps and getting braver (with the gear giving, asking for the card etc.) but he greatly fears loosing the things he holds most dear: Arthit's respect and companionship/friendship. He's reached that stage where he wants to sing it from the rooftops, but fear holds him back - both because of what Arthit might say if he lays it all on the line, but also because of what others might think of the situation. Arthit . . yeah. .he's nowhere near there yet. But if Arthit pays attention, Kong is showing him, "I like you. But it's enough  for me to be in your presence. I understand you . . there doesn't have to be any big displays, we don't have to tell everyone. . .you can let them keep believing that you're the big tough guy, but I've seen and know the real you. ..and I love you for it. . ."  Once Arthit finally processes that and realizes, he'll let the wall come down.

For Mr. Grumpy Senior Arthit

Hide contents

I think it began as "Oh no, not this annoying little (word I can't type because of the filters) again" But slowly as Kong kept challenging him, I think it slowly grew into a grudging respect. No one else ever stood up to Arthit like Kong did and because of that Arthit sees something in him and pushes him harder than the rest. Now that the hazing has come to an end, that is turning more into "I'm the senior and must take care of my junior. . and this is a special junior so I must take special care of him" But I don't think that has reached full "conscious level" of thought yet. Arthit guards himself fairly carefully and doesn't really let his emotions be known to others - but I think he has an issue with knowing his own emotions sometimes. He obviously enjoys his "verbal sparring" sessions with Kong (despite the "irritation" they may give him) and when he lets his guards down - heck you can visibly see how much he enjoys them. He obviously pays special attention to Kong, but in his mind towards the end of the hazing it was likely more of a "putting up with him" - I don't think he's realized how much he does enjoy Kong's company and more importantly, why he enjoys it. Towards the end of the hazing (around the capture the flag time) he said something along the lines of "Why did you do all of that if you knew it would upset me" and that, more than anything, tells me that Arthit doesn't understand - at least not yet. Then we move on to the beach, Kong gives him the gear, P'Dear explains the "heart meaning" (which really Arthit?! Did you sleep through that part during your own hazing), and he begins to realize the game Kong has been playing. . . and that unnerves him. He's really uncomfortable (especially on the bus when Kong is reversing things and "taking care of him" and the sleep scene). . . .BUT. . .at the same time. . .STILL ENJOYING HIMSELF when he allows himself to. At this point he HAS to have an indication - the boy would have to be dumb as a stack of rocks to not to - but look at how concerned he is that Kong actually likes his haircut and is not just flattering him. . .and in the restaurant . . . he's still taking "special care" of his "favorite junior" . . he's in store for some serious "soul searching and exploration" to be honest with himself as to why he does these things, if he was so seriously upset by this annoying little (word I can't type because of the filters). Once he realizes what he's been doing and why, that's when things grow and change. . . and we'll get that when Kong starts to give him the cold shoulder and give Arthit the chance to miss him and their interactions - that's when Arthit will finally realize what he's been doing and feeling, and it will begin to make sense.

Oh wow, this is all so incredibly well put. And I LOVE how detailed your analysis is. Especially because of how layered their relationship actually is in the storyline. There's so much there in every moment, it's all connected to what happened before and what they think and what they say infront of others versus while being alone, as well as connected to the whole SOTUS system in the most beautiful way. I love this show so much, and I'm so glad we can talk about it here... I think I might  post my own thoughts on the new episode once I've rewatched it once more... (First watch is always without subs, then once with subs, and then again with subs and a notepad, lol)

In any case, thank you for your awesome thoughts!!!

2 hours ago, seoha said:

I put the review in the spoiler box

Hide contents

Let me talk about Kongpob and Aim last. I think they seem interested in their own love, not the other' s love, (though they are best friends ever.) Maybe, Each of them would be busy pursuing their one-sided romance , not able to care for the best friend's right now.

Aim might not like to know about Kong's feelings for May. It would be natural for a man in love to be scared of potential love rivals. Moreover, what will happen if your potential rival is your best friend? I can't imagine anything about that. but I think Aim is acting wisely so as not to hurt himself and people he loves as well.

'Two people that didn't know each other getting to meet....is something magical.....'

Aim said to May with his eyes full of pure love. How impressive! I'm surprised at how much he develops his unrequited love for her that obviously. Even their conversation on the bus is a jewel of this EP.

'You're not going to let the girl be in the middle?' -Aim

'Is that necessary?'-Kongpob

To Kongpob, May is just one of his friends, but to Aim, she must be a girl he willingly protects from harm. I truly hope this lovely man ends up with May as a couple.

Yes, the whole dynamics between Kong and Aim are so well done!!! Isn't it amazing how close they are, and how aware of each other? Despite also being very respectful and not trying to interfere or be too curious?

Like, I love how Aim totally KNOWS that Kong has his heart set on someone (definitely before he says that out loud), but he still doesn't ever ask who it is - maybe because he's afraid it might be May, but also, I think, because he considers it Kong's business, and knows that Kong will tell him, if when he's ready.

Not to mention, Aim is so totally aware of how May feels that it hurts in all the good places... He knows she has feelings for Kong, and he just takes that, as painful as it is, and  tries to somehow spend a little time with her where he can, without interfering or letting his feelings get in the way of May's happiness... He is SUCH a good guy. Wow. Like, in the beach scene, where he KNOWS she's looking around for Kong, even though she denies it? And then he goes and pretends to be wondering about Kong himself, just to give her a chance to go look for Kong properly and at the same time to get some time to talk to her on his own as well, without being stalky or pushy or anything like that.

And Kong... I think Kong knows that Aim likes May. Yeah, pretty sure he does. But he never mentions it either. Just gives Aim all the time in the world to figure things out. And Kong always tries to be both respectful and nice to May without ever getting too close to her. Actually, every time he does get close to her, it's because somebody else makes him (quite often it's Maprang, like on the bus scene in the new episode, because SHE totally gets May, lol).

I love how respectful about each other's boundaries they all are...

• Like 8