[Thai BL Series 2016-2018] SOTUS The Series S1 & S2 พี่ว้ากตัวร้ายกับนายปีหนึ่ง

WeLoveSoompi

4 minutes ago, dreadaeleonkvothe said:

I know right!! :wub:

ep%201%20extra%202%20-%20krist%20chest%2 ep%201%20extra%202%20-%20krist%20chest%2

Reveal hidden contents

Krist seems to have a thing about his nipples ;) 

ep%201%20extra%202%20-%20krist%20chest%2

And considering the nipple grab butt slap video it seems like Singto does too :phew: 

I do too (つ  ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)づ

^ LOL ignore my weirdness ^

Wait does soompi turn "nipple" into "richard simmons"? I guess I'll find out soon...

Sorry for posting the same gifs multiple times, but these are ones that I at least don't mind seeing over and over again :smirk:

Yes he is! That's the first thing that I ever saw him in actually :)

I wonder what exactly did kongpob say HAHAHA his reaction is super cute.

Oh i was right after all that's why he super look familiar to me ( i've been watching a lot of thai BL movies and series ) HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And also that guy/basketball coach in the series he is friends with wade in My Bromance, anyone notice that? 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, delightful said:

Yes, it happened in the novel. Kongpope was the one that thought of that last idea to thank P'Arthit. I guess everyone knows that when dealing with P'Arthit, it is ONLY Kongpope that can 'finish' the job! YES, pun intended. LOL!

Yah! That was already long! I believe it was longer than the 2 Missing You chapters. LOL!! Which timeframe do you want me to write about? I can't guarantee anything, since stories can't be forced. I just have to randomly think of something when I'm out walking then I'll come back and write. I'm 'special', if you know what I mean. :P

Also... WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW MEMBERS!!!! And thank you to all the 'thanks' you guys have given me. Yesterday after my last post... I didn't have such a great day, but coming back in here and reading made me feel a lot better. So thank you to all of you!

Awww you're so sweet P' @delightful. You can write anything as long as it's about kongpob and Arthit HAHAHA I don't know much about the novel so i can't really ask you to translate a specific part, you can translate any part and we will appreciate it with all of our hearts. This novel makes my heart flutter HAHAHAHA

• Like 2

Hello everyone ! I’m finally delurking. I’m on the Sotus Facebook group but it’s not really a good place to discuss at length.

I’d like to thank you @delightful for everything you do for us. Not only you sub the episodes and summarize parts of the novel but you always provide us with your knowledge on thai culture so we understand the series and the novel better. You heighten our experience! You’re a true example of kindness and solidarity. :heart:

Now, let’s talk about my love for Sotus the series. I’ve never been this obsessed with a BL series. I’ve watched them all and I can say MIR and Sotus are my all time favorites. The crazy thing is I knew I’d love Sotus, ever since I saw the trailer months ago. I was eager to see a BL with university students but especially a love/hate story (I’m a sucker for this trope). Luckily, Sotus didn’t disappoint, it exceeded my expectations ! I love everything about it :

-       -Singto & Krist are fantastic. Their acting is natural, smooth. I love Krist many facial expressions (annoyed, cute or flustered…) but I also love Singto’s (usually sweet, but sometimes bold with a smug smile, or when he looks like love sick puppy dog when looking for his crush). Every expression is on point ! For once I don’t have a bias, I love them equally, they’re perfect together.

-      -The story is quite original. Or I should say the background. Where I come from (France) we don’t have Sotus system. We do have some harmless hazing in some big private schools (although it’s illegal) but nothing this demanding. So it’s interesting for me to discover this tradition, what is its purpose and how students deal with it. I like that I’m not just watching a love story but I’m also learning something new about another culture (though we’ll agree the values learned through Sotus are universal).

-      -The pacing. With Lovesick and MIR, everything went so fast. They were friends one day, sex-friends the next day and professing their love at the end of the week (yeah, I’m exaggerating but the time frames of those two series are still crazy to me). With Sotus I like the slow pace. It’s exciting and fun to watch their growing attraction, Kongpop flirting and Arthit’s denial. I usually find the outcome more satisfying when the romance is developed this way.

I finally watched ep7. I like it even though there weren’t many Kong/Arthit scenes. But the 2 we got were good !  I like that in order to obtain the flag the freshmen had to reflect on everything they learned from the hazing. I’m ok this challenge took an entire episode because it’s an important part of the freshmen initiation. It would have been weird if they had filmed it quickly with just one scene or two. The show wanted us to understand the importance of the Sotus system.

• Like 18

6 hours ago, laio said:

Hey, guys!

It's getting really complicated for me to catch up with you guys, so many replies! Hahahah but that makes me really happy actually, it's so cool to see everyone interacting and stuff. Even though I'm not commenting, I’m always reading you guys, and that makes me so happy. <3 

Now, any Oaujun (Tiew in the series) fans? 

Something kinda off-topic, but I just LOVE him, and I have been following him in Instagram for quite a long time. I sometimes comment on his photos (thanks Google Translator!) but I never got any mention from him (yeah I’m THAT delusional lol) until TODAY! 

On this photo, I just commented a simple “555” (come on, it is indeed hilarious!) and he answered me (my handle is @laioq over there as well) with something like “it’s pretty good 55” and I literally died lol. It was 8am where I live and I was so late to go to a meeting (where I spend the whole day lol) but I was just SO happy hahahah!

It kills me that I had no one to share this with, so here I am making this huge comment! xD

You may love to see Oujun can dance.

He danced to a song in this video, starting from ~4:45, only 1 song tho.

• Like 4

Guest delightful

So.. this is a little translation of that part where Kongpope went up to the stand. It's not much, but I just wanted you all to know what Arthit's thoughts were. And why he didn't want to go down at first... sorry gotta run to work, if not I would of had done more of it. ^_^

Arthit watched as the younger students gathered at the center of the field, they all gathered around in formation. He didn't know what they were planning on doing, but he was sure the mastermind was none other than that person. That person who caught Arthit's eyes to stare at only him as he walked up to the stand and came up each level only to stop in front of Arthit.

...Arthit was facing 0062 Kongpope.

"What is your business?"

"I'm here as a representative for the first year students, I've come to ask you to come down to the field."

His straightforward words were very clear and precise, it put Arthit at a stand still. Arthit didn't think the first year student would ask him to come down with such a carefree expression. How come they tried so hard on the other levels? And now that it was Arthit's turn they weren't going to prove anything to him? Was Kongpope thinking that Arthit was going to just let him get the flag this easily? This is insulting to Arthit's status as the leader of the hazing team!

Arthit's unsatisfied face started to show, but he had to keep his feelings in check, he had to show that he was in control. He answered as the leader.

"Why do I have to go down there with you?"

"Because we want to show you our spirits."

His explanation made Arthit understand a little of their intentions, the first year students want to do something, that is why he was asked to go down. But of course Arthit wasn't going down easily. Plus the first year students messed up big time by sending the person who he had the most problem with as a representative to negotiate with him.

... Just knowing... that whenever they talked, they never could speak nicely to each other, not even once. Just thinking of the last time they spoke should already be a good enough example. The day when they went to have dinner with their co-code members. And he found out the truth that this person wanted to study economics and not engineering. Why did he come to all the activities if he was thinking of transferring? And wanting to be accepted as a junior to their department shouldn't even matter to him, he didn't need to prove anything to anyone here.

So...honestly, I was really impressed by Kongphob in this episode. His answer to wanting to study economics vs. engineering thing won my heart. I think I don't show my love for Singto or Kongphob enough!! He is one gorgeous guy...like I could stare at his face the whole damn day lol. And his smile is the cutest richard simmons thing in this world!!

tumblr_oeey1eHGT81ubx099o3_400.gif

gif credit: nomoregoldfish

• Like 15

On 9/17/2016 at 2:11 AM, dreadaeleonkvothe said:

Your welcome :)

Yes you can dream of them haha :smirk::smirk: Here's some more dream fuel for you:

zz27hKu.gif

credit to: http://www.fmforums.co.uk/forums/lofiversion/index.php?t176468.html

Reveal hidden contents

NMWoPfP.gif

BdJnEvW.gif

GF7pQz7.jpg

ԅ﹃ºԅ) ԅ﹃ºԅ) ԅ﹃ºԅ) ԅ﹃ºԅ)

Reveal hidden contents

_20160824_110624_zps9wzenbso.jpg

needed multiple drool emojis this time... it's too much for me lol

...as you can tell I'm a huge fan of Au Jun :wub:

special for you, dear. in case you have not see this yet (but if you have see this, i'm sorry, i'm just excited see you fangirling over oaujun lol)

• Like 7

1 hour ago, amandine said:

Hello everyone ! I’m finally delurking. I’m on the Sotus Facebook group but it’s not really a good place to discuss at length.

I’d like to thank you @delightful for everything you do for us. Not only you sub the episodes and summarize parts of the novel but you always provide us with your knowledge on thai culture so we understand the series and the novel better. You heighten our experience! You’re a true example of kindness and solidarity. :heart:

Now, let’s talk about my love for Sotus the series. I’ve never been this obsessed with a BL series. I’ve watched them all and I can say MIR and Sotus are my all time favorites. The crazy thing is I knew I’d love Sotus, ever since I saw the trailer months ago. I was eager to see a BL with university students but especially a love/hate story (I’m a sucker for this trope). Luckily, Sotus didn’t disappoint, it exceeded my expectations ! I love everything about it :

-       -Singto & Krist are fantastic. Their acting is natural, smooth. I love Krist many facial expressions (annoyed, cute or flustered…) but I also love Singto’s (usually sweet, but sometimes bold with a smug smile, or when he looks like love sick puppy dog when looking for his crush). Every expression is on point ! For once I don’t have a bias, I love them equally, they’re perfect together.

-      -The story is quite original. Or I should say the background. Where I come from (France) we don’t have Sotus system. We do have some harmless hazing in some big private schools (although it’s illegal) but nothing this demanding. So it’s interesting for me to discover this tradition, what is its purpose and how students deal with it. I like that I’m not just watching a love story but I’m also learning something new about another culture (though we’ll agree the values learned through Sotus are universal).

-      -The pacing. With Lovesick and MIR, everything went so fast. They were friends one day, sex-friends the next day and professing their love at the end of the week (yeah, I’m exaggerating but the time frames of those two series are still crazy to me). With Sotus I like the slow pace. It’s exciting and fun to watch their growing attraction, Kongpop flirting and Arthit’s denial. I usually find the outcome more satisfying when the romance is developed this way.

I finally watched ep7. I like it even though there weren’t many Kong/Arthit scenes. But the 2 we got were good !  I like that in order to obtain the flag the freshmen had to reflect on everything they learned from the hazing. I’m ok this challenge took an entire episode because it’s an important part of the freshmen initiation. It would have been weird if they had filmed it quickly with just one scene or two. The show wanted us to understand the importance of the Sotus system.

hi. welcome to soompi forums. A perfect place for fangirling needs. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, delightful said:

So.. this is a little translation of that part where Kongpope went up to the stand. It's not much, but I just wanted you all to know what Arthit's thoughts were. And why he didn't want to go down at first... sorry gotta run to work, if not I would of had done more of it. ^_^

Hide contents

Arthit watched as the younger students gathered at the center of the field, they all gathered around in formation. He didn't know what they were planning on doing, but he was sure the mastermind was none other than that person. That person who caught Arthit's eyes to stare at only him as he walked up to the stand and came up each level only to stop in front of Arthit.

...Arthit was facing 0062 Kongpope.

"What is your business?"

"I'm here as a representative for the first year students, I've come to ask you to come down to the field."

His straightforward words were very clear and precise, it put Arthit at a stand still. Arthit didn't think the first year student would ask him to come down with such a carefree expression. How come they tried so hard on the other levels? And now that it was Arthit's turn they weren't going to prove anything to him? Was Kongpope thinking that Arthit was going to just let him get the flag this easily? This is insulting to Arthit's status as the leader of the hazing team!

Arthit's unsatisfied face started to show, but he had to keep his feelings in check, he had to show that he was in control. He answered as the leader.

"Why do I have to go down there with you?"

"Because we want to show you our spirits."

His explanation made Arthit understand a little of their intentions, the first year students wants to do something that is why he was asked to go down. But of course Arthit wasn't going down easily. Plus the first year students messed up big time by sending the person who he had the most problem with as a representative to negotiate with him.

... Just knowing... that whenever they talked, they never could speak nicely to each other, not even once. Just thinking of the last time they spoke should already be a good enough example. The day when they went to have dinner with their co-code members. And he found out the truth that this person wanted to study economics and not engineering. Why did he come to all the activitie if he was thinking of transferring? And wanting to be accepted as a junior to their department shouldn't even matter to him, he didn't need to prove anything to anyone here.

Thanks for elaborating... What can we int'l fans do w/o you? :* @delightful

You can choose any timeframe you want for fanfic and we'll be so happy, as for me since i'm dying to read the novel translation but sadly cudn't, i'd devour every Kong-arthit ff i cud lay my hands on *lol* 

But if u're up to translating another part of novel, may i suggest the part when Kong started to feel sth weird towards arthit?  I know it's bcz he is privy to see the nice side of arthit and all....but i'm totally curious of his innermind when that happened :sweatingbullets:

• Like 7

Guest delightful
9 minutes ago, ma5querade said:

You can choose any timeframe you want for fanfic and we'll be so happy, as for me since i'm dying to read the novel translation but sadly cudn't, i'd devour every Kong-arthit ff i cud lay my hands on *lol* 

But if u're up to translating another part of novel, may i suggest the part when Kong started to feel sth weird towards arthit?  I know it's bcz he is privy to see the nice side of arthit and all....but i'm totally curious of his innermind when that happened :sweatingbullets:

You mean since the first time he laid eyes on P'Arthit? LOL! I'll see what I can 'write' my fanfic on. hahaha

13 hours ago, JavieR said:

I have been lurking since day 1 or Page 1 HAHAHAHAHA i am super addicted to this series, been in soompi for quite sometime ( Since Lovesick Days ) 

Let's spazz some more together HAHAHAHA

Hide contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

I am so thrilled to the video , where did you find it !! I love it !!! There are so many scenes in this video that I haven't seen before. Do they have the 2nd date because I saw Kong held a popcorn and drink and they wore different outfits ??? 

12 hours ago, dreadaeleonkvothe said:

haha it looks like Singto is telling Toptap "He's mine now" in the top picture xD

CtNbJV0VUAAriVg.jpg:large

Don't be the 3rd wheel , Toptap.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ma5querade said:

duly seconded... :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, welp said:

You may love to see Oujun can dance.

He danced to a song in this video, starting from ~4:45, only 1 song tho.

1 hour ago, alwayssecrettime said:

special for you, dear. in case you have not see this yet (but if you have see this, i'm sorry, i'm just excited see you fangirling over oaujun lol)

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks so much for the videos! :) I haven't seen either of them before 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, delightful said:

Hide contents

Plus the first year students messed up big time by sending the person who he had the most problem with as a representative to negotiate with him.

I LOVE that this sentence is actually in the novel, because it's exactly what I thought when watching the scene. It's so brilliant that it's Kong who goes to talk to Arthit!!! On the one hand, tactically, it's stupid, because Arthit would have been so much more lenient towards ANY OTHER student. But at the same time, emotionally, it HAD TO BE Kong, because Arthit needed to know that the sincere urge to thank him originated from Kong. He just had to know, that his boy was genuine about wanting to stay in engineering (and near Arthit). If anybody else had come to get Arthit, he might have doubted Kong's sincerity in contrast to everybody else's forever...

The longer I watch the show (over and over and over again) the more I'm amazed by how important every little thing that happens is to the whole story.

Another example would be, when the freshmen have to pick a representative, and everybody wants to pick Kong, even though he doesn't want to. And, while everybody's insisting that he should be the rep, he's basically "saved" by Minnie and the moon photo shoot. It's such an important development, because Arthit had told him right before that he had to stop trying to be the hero who always speaks for the others. If Minnie hadn't unknowingly taken him out of that vote, the freshmen might have made him their rep, regardless of his wishes. And that would have looked SO BAD to Arthit...

Every teeny tiny detail comes together to form the perfect story. I love it so much!!!

p.s.: THANK YOU FOR TRANSLATING THIS!!!!

• Like 13

*Just woke up* Hello! :)

I was just wondering a simple thing about the beach scene, is Wad gonna be there ? If yes, I can't wait for his interaction with Prem :D

We're all so mean, waiting for ep. 8, for Kong to drown just so Arthit can save him haha :D

*I don't know if Prem+Wad will become real but I feel like Gunsmile ships it :D #shipingyourowncharacter 

• Like 3

Guest delightful

So... don't post this anywhere... or ever speak of it to anyone... I'll see if I can post it chapter by chapter. I'm like swallowing my own words here so please don't ruin this by posting it anywhere else. Leave my translations alone if you cannot follow by my rules. This is for your eyes only, okay? Promise me before you download them. I'm almost done with the first chapter.. here is what I'm 'writing' now. :sweatingbullets:

Chapter One

Rules For First Year Students No. 1 : Do Not Contradict The Hazing Team

The shouting of the question was very aggressive, just like a guard shouting at a prisoner. Just that the prisoners right now weren’t in jail, instead they were sitting in the cheer room of the Engineering department. The 3rd year seniors were standing stiff in front of the Freshmen, sending out chilling stares as if the new students had wrong them from another life.

Especially ‘Arthit’,  the man with an arrogant face and fierce looking eyes, he was the head of the hazing team for the department of Industrial Engineering. Who had just yelled at the new students for answering too softly, but in reality, even if the new students had answered loud enough he was still going to answer that he couldn’t hear them.

... Why? Do you have an issue with this? This is the right of the hazing team, whose intentions have been passed down for many generations. The hazing team has gone through all of it themselves and this was just the beginning, the real deal would be much more difficult than this.

The people tasked as the hazing team had to keep a taciturn face, before repeating again the question that was filled with definite resolution.

“I will ask again! How many of you are there in this class?”

The whole cheer room became silent, just as Arthit had predicted.

… This was a given as the beginning of the school year had only begun two days ago, who would remember their new friends or how many there were in the class. Especially when it came to the Engineering department, which had the most students in the university, it was in the thousands. Answering a calculus equation was a lot easier than having to answer this question.

The situation they were in was already in his favor, it created pressure for the freshmen all around the room.

… Who said the hazing of the Engineering department had to be barbaric. There wasn’t a need to speak improperly since they were students at a university, they didn’t need to use such lowly tactics. It would be troublesome if the professors started to keep a close eye on them. So the rules were that the hazing team had to speak properly to the new students, but those proper words were the ones that were slowly becoming the most intimidating. To the point where the new students were all becoming afraid and succumbing to the pressure from the seniors.

“No one is answering. Does that mean no one cares about their new friends? Is that why no one can remember their new friends from the same year?

The head of the hazing team slowly walked around the room as he shouted, displaying his power and trying to intimidate the new students. He surveyed the faces of the new students that were full of fright, some of them even had tears in their eyes, indicating that his training was effective.

… In actuality he wasn’t such a mean guy, he wasn’t a psycho who liked to watch other people cry that much. It was his duty as the head of the hazing team, but when he saw that the female students were crying his heart was starting to waver, especially the pretty ones. He wanted to go and hug them and pacify their fears, but he had to keep his straight face and watch them with angry eyes. Then the male student sitting next to the crying female student handed her a handkerchief, she accepted with a thankful smile as she wiped her tears.

… Oh wow… Isn’t he sweet? Is he even aware of the head of the hazing team?... The head of the hazing team was standing right there and he has the nerves to try and pick up a girl? The head of the hazing team had the young female student where he wanted, he was going to ask for her phone number once this was all over, but this kid had beaten him to it.

You… This youngster wants to show how manly he is?... Well, if you want to show off your manliness … fine… he was going to be given a chance.

“You, you over there, stand up!!”

He bawled out the younger man who was the owner of the handkerchief. It shocked the pretty girl sitting next to him, she turned to him with a worried expression, because he was called out by the head of the hazing team. But the person that was targeted showed a pretentious face as if it wasn’t a big deal, he stood up to show his full height, which somewhat startled the older man. The head of the hazing team who was 178cm thought he was already pretty tall, but this kid was hovering over him by a good 10cm. His eyebrows were thick and his face was also very good looking, radiating an aura that covered up the rest of the guys in the room.

It… gave his feet an itch all of a sudden, which doubled his disapproving thoughts.

… Which was fine, he could give this kid a good lesson for being better looking than everyone on the hazing team.

“Say your name and your student code number loudly!”

“My name is Kongpope, code number 0062!”

“Tell me how many are in your class this year!”

“I don’t know! I’ve never counted!”

Not only did the eyebrows of the person listening quiver, his hand was also quivering to the point that he wanted to land a punch on this kid’s pretentious face.

… You’re really stirring my foot, kid… stirring my foot… his answers were obviously contradicting to the leader’s question.

6 hours ago, amandine said:

-The story is quite original. Or I should say the background. Where I come from (France) we don’t have Sotus system. We do have some harmless hazing in some big private schools (although it’s illegal) but nothing this demanding. So it’s interesting for me to discover this tradition, what is its purpose and how students deal with it. I like that I’m not just watching a love story but I’m also learning something new about another culture (though we’ll agree the values learned through Sotus are universal).

Oh! Une française! :D

• Like 3