[Drama 2016] Jang Yeong-Sil 장영실

larus

Annyeong guys!!!!!!!

This is my first time joining a thread before a drama airs, but I dun wanna be left behind for this Song Appa's drama come back. I hope this will be a hit. 

Bye the way, what dramas will Jang Yeong Sil compete against? Will there be another sageuk drama when JYS airs?

Hello chinggu...its seems JYS will still compete with 2 family dramas, Mom ( MBC ) and I Have A Lover ( SBS )... FIGHTING !!!! :wub:

I think JYS will compete against descendant of the sun and I don't know what other drama will be airing then

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think JYS will compete against descendant of the sun and I don't know what other drama will be airing then

I don't think so, dear...since both JYS and DOTS are produced by KBS, no way they will compete for each other thus JYS is for Sat-Sun slot while DOTS for Mon-Tue slot... :w00t::w00t:

I don't think so, dear...since both JYS and DOTS are produced by KBS, no way they will compete for each other thus JYS is for Sat-Sun slot while DOTS for Mon-Tue slot... :w00t::w00t:

@badsmuler  Thanks I was wondering about this so I can watch DOTS will this be aired on KBS 1 or 2 

@badsmuler  Thanks I was wondering about this so I can watch DOTS will this be aired on KBS 1 or 2 

JYS will be on KBS1... :wub::wub:

Why do i feel that JYS as the 1st ever scientist in Korean history will be as genius as Dae Jang Geum...what do you think chinggus ???

@badsmuler,  Hi, Sweetie,  You know I never thought of that but now since you mention that's some food for thought and I hope it do rank up there with Dae Jang Geum, In Jang Yeong Sil time he was consider a genius.. 

@badsmuler,   I had always wonder did JYS ever marry and have children since his first love was sent to China 

@valsava...to be honest i'm so blind with JYS true story at all...you know dear, in my school days i dislike history major...LOL :D

What a tragic love story then... :tears: Ottoke chinggus...can we re-write the history, since i've already liked SIK and PSY Couple... :wub::wub:

@badsmuler,   I had always wonder did JYS ever marry and have children since his first love was sent to China 

@valsava...to be honest i'm so blind with JYS true story at all...you know dear, in my school days i dislike history major...LOL :D

What a tragic love story then... :tears: Ottoke chinggus...can we re-write the history, since i've already liked SIK and PSY Couple... :wub::wub:

@badsmuler,   From the little I learn about him in the great King Sejong drama is that he and a noble man daughter was madly in love with each other but her father sent her to China to become the Kings combine and tried to kill him the remaining Guyreo remanats save him from her fathers men because they was aware of his talents and wanted him to work for them in killing Sejong father 

@badsmuler,   From the little I learn about him in the great King Sejong drama is that he and a noble man daughter was madly in love with each other but her father sent her to China to become the Kings combine and tried to kill him the remaining Guyreo remanats save him from her fathers men because they was aware of his talents and wanted him to work for them in killing Sejong father 

@valsava... Is it possible that JYS had another woman in his life ????

@valsava... Is it possible that JYS had another woman in his life ????

@badsmuler,  As far as what I know he didn't or not to mentio nany kids

Song Il Kook responds to reports about him running for office

song-il-kook_1443155640_af_org.jpg

The latest reports are saying that actor and father Song Ill Kook is running as a candidate for the National Assembly this coming April, but it turns out they were just rumors.

Song Il Kook told StarNews through the phone, "Running as a candidate for the general election next year makes no sense. It is unfounded."

He continued, "Right now I am filming the KBS drama 'Jang Yeong Sil', which will air in January. The elections are in April and realistically it doesn't make sense. If [reporters] had known about this, they wouldn't have written that I am running for election."

He added, "If I had possibility decided to run for election, I would have had to quit during filming for my drama. Then I wouldn't have decided to take part in the drama 'Jang Yeong Sil'. It seems like an unfounded report has spread. I am not running as a candidate for election."

Song Il Kook seems fairly annoyed by the false reports, and it makes sense. He's currently very busy juggling 'Superman Is Back' and filming for his drama at the same time!

Source Allkpop

@badsmuler,  As far as what I know he didn't or not to mentio nany kids

@valsava...so unfortunate if he didn't have his own family till forever...Or he's met his 1st love again ??? :wub::wub:

@badsmuler  At that time China still practice the custom of a live person being buried with the king she committed suicide in the end to keep from being buried alive with the king.. He tried to break her out of the palace but got caught it was really sad but she did help him steal some of China's technology.. He just look at the theory of it but created his own technology..

Also a lot of his work he ans Sejong came up with was destroyed because of the nobles were afraid of China being a big country and Joseon was so far advanced then they were in science..

@badsmuler  At that time China still practice the custom of a live person being buried with the king she committed suicide in the end to keep from being buried alive with the king.. He tried to break her out of the palace but got caught it was really sad but she did help him steal some of China's technology.. He just look at the theory of it but created his own technology..

Also a lot of his work he ans Sejong came up with was destroyed because of the nobles were afraid of China being a big country and Joseon was so far advanced then they were in science..

@valsava...tragic love story plus so many enemies behind JYS...seems we have to prepare with sad ending... :tears:

@valsava...tragic love story plus so many enemies behind JYS...seems we have to prepare with sad ending... :tears:

@badsmuler  Yes his fate is very tragic but as I was watching King Sejong I found his story the most interesting of them all..  So just happy that there will be a drama about his life and I get to watch it..   

Hello all who are anticipating for Jang Yeong Sil like I am, I found this animated clip in Youtube and it's in English.  Let's learn more about the life of this Joseon scientist to better enjoy the drama.

@konabeans,  Thanks for the animated story on JYS  I really enjoyed it and welcome aboard

Hello all who are anticipating for Jang Yeong Sil like I am, I found this animated clip in Youtube and it's in English.  Let's learn more about the life of this Joseon scientist to better enjoy the drama.

@konabeans,  Thanks for the animated story on JYS  I really enjoyed it and welcome aboard

Hello @valsava, I'm no new as SIK's fan :-) .  They're shooting Yeong-Sil's childhood now.  SIK's part as an adult will start in October.

After seeing this clip, I'm more anticipated in watching the childhood part.  

I think because of schedule of Superman, they probably complete shooting the drama by the end of year and broadcast all at once next year.  This way, the crew and main actors are not pressed for time.

Archived