Kim Hee Sun Expresses Her Rising Concerns for Her Daughter After Finishing "Angry Mom"

Actress Kim Hee Sun revealed her rising concerns towards her own daughter after recently wrapping up "Angry Mom."

"I became more interested in issues in society. I also debated on how I should raise my daughter, Yeon Ah, from now on," the actress begins.

"I hope that Yeon Ah experiences more freedom, since she's only in kindergarten, but others around me make their children study a whole lot. Then I make my daughter do something because I don't want her to fall behind among her peers. I want her to play around as much as she likes to, but that's not realistic. I started thinking more about how I should raise her after I finished this drama," Kim Hee Sun confesses.

She continues, "A mother entering the school to help her daughter can seem very comical and light. At first, my dilemma was, 'Will the school uniform look good on me?' The drama starts off comical like a fantasy, but this drama actually holds a very realistic lesson. I felt myself becoming more and more serious."

Lastly, Kim Hee Sun says, "[The drama] focuses on what happens in school, but this is really the responsibility of the adults. I think I've done my part if I was able to comfort the minds of mothers out there."

"Angry Mom" centers around the problems and conflicts that revolve around Korean high schools, as mother (Kim Hee Sun) disguises herself as one of the high school students in hopes to help her troubled daughter (Kim Yoo Jung).

Source (1)

View the full article

Archived