Hawick Lau shaved his head bald in order to act as Kangxi Emperor

Hawick Lau shaved his head bald in order to act as Kangxi Emperor

news1.jpg

news2.jpg

news3.jpg

Artiste Hawick Lau (劉愷威), Bosco Wong (黃宗澤), Zheng Shuang (鄭爽) and Jia Nailiang (賈乃亮) attended the press conference of new Mainland China series, Chronicle of Life (寂寞空庭春欲晚) in Wuzhen. Hawick acted as Kangxi (康熙) and Zheng Shuang acted as concubine Liang (良妃) and used their role images to appear on the stage. They also re-enacted some classic amusing jokes happened in the series.

Hawick is always well-known to be vain and this time, he made a huge sacrifice by shaving his head bald for the role. He disclosed he did think about it carefully: "It is a dilemma when acting in Qing dynasty but I accept it as love Kangxi too much." Zheng Shuang expressed it was her second time working with Hawick and they had established great rapport: "It is my first time to film Qing dynasty series and I am very satisfied with my role image."

As for Bosco and Nailiang, they wore suits instead of the ancient costumes. They showed their love openly and Bosco took the initiative to hug Nailiang and this caused shoutings from the audiences immediately.

Source: ON.CC (HK)
Translated by: tvfan @ Asian E-News Portal

Archived