[OFFICIAL THREAD 1] Lee Jonghyun ♡ Gong Seungyeon [House Of Brownies]

Reen2you

• Replies 39.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its just me or the editing this week is kinda weird? I dont even understand the flow of conversation with BIL some topic were not fully coherent. I tried watching it many times for me to understand but i really cant... i was thinking that WGM wants to show the gesture of the couple but they dont want to show what they are talking about? 

Hope it will be clear on the nxt episode... im also excited for the Busan trip!

yah me too..so i tried watching it at kshowonline. they have slightly different subs there but i think i better understood what they were talking about ( seungyeon asking about other girls and with the bouquet photograpy and making? and stuff.)
DON'T GET ME WRONG GUYS, I AM STILL THANKFUL FOR THE EARLY SUBS,  i just had a hardtime understanding some of their conversation so i had to watch it at another site for another interpretation, if i may call it that.

​I usually watch without sub at first and then tried to translate some conversation I recognized. I'm sorry for confusing you guys with our cluster translation with  @Ishi-Chan :D

Guest Hickk

Its just me or the editing this week is kinda weird? I dont even understand the flow of conversation with BIL some topic were not fully coherent. I tried watching it many times for me to understand but i really cant... i was thinking that WGM wants to show the gesture of the couple but they dont want to show what they are talking about? 

yah me too..so i tried watching it at kshowonline. they have slightly different subs there but i think i better understood what they were talking about ( seungyeon asking about other girls and with the bouquet photograpy and making? and stuff.)
DON'T GET ME WRONG GUYS, I AM STILL THANKFUL FOR THE EARLY SUBS,  i just had a hardtime understanding some of their conversation so i had to watch it at another site for another interpretation, if i may call it that.

​It's down to the editing, I think, because they never let the conversation topics end properly. Kshownow subs are quite inconsistent in quality I think - like last week's was pretty bad, but this week was okay. Our BEST subbers are still the best!! :D

One thing though, when SY joked "feels like we're discussing a contract" about the bouquet and photography, I think that made more sense. But when Minhyuk said "my coffee taste is different from THAT TIME" - it doesn't make sense because how would he know which time reference JH was using when determining his taste in coffee?

​I usually watched without sub at first and then tried to translate some conversation I recognized. I'm sorry for confusing you guys with our cluster translation with  @Ishi-Chan :D

​No .. no ... @kazu-id you are actually our primary source of translation all these period just after the air time. 

I think what friends meant here is the editing of the episode, correct me if I was wrong.

In fact, even translation is done, it's still difficult to understand whole context as some phrase and terms used are different from our own culture. We can just do our best. I normally watch 2 version of Chinese sub and 2 version of English sub to understand more of their conversation ... phew.

​It's down to the editing, I think, because they never let the conversation topics end properly. Kshownow subs are quite inconsistent in quality I think - like last week's was pretty bad, but this week was okay. Our BEST subbers are still the best!! :D

One thing though, when SY joked "feels like we're discussing a contract" about the bouquet and photography, I think that made more sense. But when Minhyuk said "my coffee taste is different from THAT TIME" - it doesn't make sense because how would he know which time reference JH was using when determining his taste in coffee?

​I still don't fully understand the bouquet, camera, and making photo conversation even after watching both subs. Maybe I'm stupid or something but does anyone care to elaborate on that please?

But seriously, the editing team is doing a terrible job! Choppy conversations with not much sense sometimes. :angry: They need to hire some Brownies to do it.

Guest eman0n

​I usually watch without sub at first and then tried to translate some conversation I recognized. I'm sorry for confusing you guys with our cluster translation with  @Ishi-Chan :D

• ​no harm done. i'm still thankful for the subs and high quality video and one we can actually download. Million thanks to you :D

Guest Hickk

​I still don't fully understand the bouquet, camera, and making photo conversation even after watching both subs. Maybe I'm stupid or something but does anyone care to elaborate on that please?

But seriously, the editing team is doing a terrible job! Choppy conversations with not much sense sometimes. :angry: They need to hire some Brownies to do it.

​It's not very clear because it suddenly jumped from "Minhyuk does flower arranging" to "You can let Minhyuk make THE bouquet", lol

But someone said before they're probably talking about the wedding shoot? 

About the bouquet n camera n making movie...i think they discuss about jy wedding photoshoot or ceremony's but mbc want make it secret n done that crappy editing....thats what my logic thinking....so r we gonna expect wedding ceremony or photoshoot in future....emmm...let us wait....yeayy...

About the bouquet n camera n making movie...i think they discuss about jy wedding photoshoot or ceremony's but mbc want make it secret n done that crappy editing....thats what my logic thinking....so r we gonna expect wedding ceremony or photoshoot in future....emmm...let us wait....yeayy...

​Ya, this is what I am thinking as well. However the editing team still wanna show the scene out in order to show how cheesy JH is

@hickk Actually you are right about the "sign contract" thing. Another chinese source I watched actually subbed sth along that line. While another one subbed as "writing lyrics". The first one makes more sense though. It's probably cos we use different sources depending on how fast we can get our hands on them. Thanks for the correction though, we will edit it when we add in the captions. =)

Guest happybrownie

@hickk Actually you are right about the "sign contract" thing. Another chinese source I watched actually subbed sth along the line of "sign wedding papers". While another one subbed as "writing lyrics". The first one makes more sense though. It's probably cos we use different sources depending on how fast we can get our hands on them. Thanks for the correction though, we will edit it when we add in the captions. =)

​Thanks for subbing. I know there are different versions out there. I'm just confused which is the correct translation at the end of meeting CNBlue brothers where JH was commenting in his bri, that his brothers were shy in meeting new people and he was glad that they could get along with SY (version a). Another version (version b was they were worried about him because he was not used to being with strangers and now they saw their interaction, he was kind of assuring them he would live well with SY.

the BEST subs actually flowed pretty okay to me, it's just that the nuances of the language makes it difficult to do a direct translation.

like when jungshin opened the subject of minhyuk's hobby of flower arrangement which led to the idea of making him do the bouquet for jongyeon's wedding/photoshoot, which led to minhyuk saying that jungshin can take the photos (since his hobby is photography), then jonghyun turning it down by saying that the main photos must be done somewhere else, which in turn, playfully offended jungshin, and then jonghyun offering that jungshin take the making of the wedding/photoshoot instead. 

the only time i found the subs weird was when BEST put in "are we finalizing the lyrics here now", but seungyeon meant that were they finalizing the suppliers' contract.

overall, the editing script for the meetup seems to be favoring the jealousy angle which you can see by how much they cut the scenes to fit it. like, honestly, you can still see the few milliseconds of dead air then it moves on to the next unrelated topic. lol 

Trivia Alert: Did anyone else understand why MH is the only one that can do the smallest "nimble finger" things for the band (ie taking off JH's bracelet)?

MH plays the drums when everyone else has built up calluses on their fingers. So when JH was telling SY that he can't feel it...that also applied to JS & JH...they also have calluses from guitar and bass, but MH has the softest hands in the group...with his drummer hands!  :D  

Thought about our couple, but also about SoLim: 

Even though you got the feeling the SoLim was a little bit one sided love on JaeRim's part, watching them made me cry and also made me wonder if JH & SY were thinking about the day they get that mission card because we know they monitor the other couples as well. Of course right now they know they are safe for a while, but they also realize that day will someday arrive. What did they wonder about themselves. SY will cry...and I also think JH will cry. Even if you are a real couple expecting to be together after the show is over, there will be a lot of nostalgia with crew members and the freedom of dating exactly how you want and being openly affectionate. I think last weekend they watched the show and wondered...hmm "Where will we be when this happens for us?". Maybe it will make him think about how to secure their future in a different way than other couples who were put together on this show. To me...JH will definitely figure out an action plan so he can have what he wants if they are still in this "love" state by the end...he'll figure out how to date her secretly.

Guest belledejour

​It's not just the choppy flow of conversation that's weird, but the practice session is weirdly spliced as well. One moment Jung Shin is sitting down wearing his black jacket, the next moment he's standing, playing and wearing just his t-shirt...and then he's back to sitting down, wearing his black jacket again when they finish playing. I highly doubt that was all one shot! It's like the guys had practiced their set sitting down, and then when they finished, the PD's were like, "Nooope! Do it again standing up and with more energy/feeling!" haha

Little edits like this don't really make a difference in the scheme of JY's relationship, but it makes me realize how much is edited and unseen. MBC better give us good unaired footage this week! :P

Guest flower4junsu

JH recharge his strength by kissing, smelling SY's hand. Brownies recharge our 'long-saturday" wait by watching, and watching and watching countless time previous episode

MBC probably had way too much footage and they are trying to stuff in way too much in such a short period of time. I actually wish they let the conversation flow when the BE couple went to visit CNBlue. It would have been more interesting to hear what they have to say. Hopefully, the boys will visit the BE couple in the future.

But I can't really complain. I was still smiling like an idiot while I watched the BE couple. Ah, and their hugs are to die for! So cozy....happy, content and SY looked well protected!

I appreciate BEST and @kauz-id translations. I found you both to be the most consistent. So thank you all so much for all the hard work you put in :)

Guest wilddove

​It's not just the choppy flow of conversation that's weird, but the practice session is weirdly spliced as well. One moment Jung Shin is sitting down wearing his black jacket, the next moment he's standing, playing and wearing just his t-shirt...and then he's back to sitting down, wearing his black jacket again when they finish playing. I highly doubt that was all one shot! It's like the guys had practiced their set sitting down, and then when they finished, the PD's were like, "Nooope! Do it again standing up and with more energy/feeling!" haha

Little edits like this don't really make a difference in the scheme of JY's relationship, but it makes me realize how much is edited and unseen. MBC better give us good unaired footage this week! :P

​I'm assuming that they played multiple songs.  Taking off the jacket when it's hot and wore it again when the temperature's back to normal. We can see JH also playing both sitting down and standing.:)

​I think for their practice session the cuts were understandable.. Its a practice for their FNC Kingdom concert, so its expected that they'll run through a lot of songs with lots of breaks in between. JS could have worn and removed his jacket several times thus the difference in the video. 

Whats inconsistent to me was JY's watch. Notice that at the beginning of their sit-down conversation, the black watch was already removed, when it should only be after JS asked him to transfer his bracelet that he removed his watch (almost at the end of the CNBlue scene). This only shows that the WGM sequence is not according to how the story goes in real life, but as to how they would want the story for the audience to be. 

Archived