Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

Gosh, last 2 days has been really crazy for me. You guys have been amazing and i really have lots of catching up to do. I can see more HD pics of Bogummy from the Hana Tour fans sign event and i'm gonna save it all later :wub:. Thanks also for the update on 150 days Traveling In Moonlight. Such a cure for me whom still can't move on from MDBC :sweatingbullets:

One of Bogum's asset ;). I find it very attractive, hehe..

15043881_1318751718169192_89433551671813

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Michelle JG said:

Baek Hyun is the  winner. Result is out!! sigh..............................................................................

Bo Gum ah, you are always no.1 in my heart!! Looking forward to seeing your bright smile on 16th Nov.

Good job every chingus!!

Park Bo Gum's fans have done the best while we have had to fight with "idol" singer's fans who wanted to win in acting section, no matter for actor or actress award. :( :angry:

I really understand the feeling of audiences who object the idol to join acting projects while some of idols could not match actor/actress's minimum required acting skills. The viewership in internet will be manipulated by the fans' special techniques as they are familiar to compete among idol singers. :confused:

• Like 4

Drama Appreciation : SETS ①

Posted by MOONLIGHT on NOVEMBER 12, 2016

https://mdbcblog.wordpress.com/2016/11/12/drama-appreciation-sets-①/

Let’s take some time to look at how well all these sets have been built, with the little intricate details to truly make the characters all ‘feel right at home’… 
MAIN SETS:
HIS :
동궁전 | Dong Gung Jeon | 诚正阁 
The Crown Prince’s Palace is described as “a shiny and luxurious but cold place“.
KBS Special ” 150 days of Travelling in the Moonlight” mentions that “even though it is not a large place, the tall windows and long hallways make it feel spacious“.

There are two layers of doors to get into the Crown Prince’s room.

CLASSY STUDIO APARTMENT WITH NO VIEW.
Furnished mostly in rich wood furniture with beautiful intricate patterns of mother-of-pearl, this room is understated and not overly extravagant.
Small chests and books adorn the shelves.

Cabinets and tables move around to form a very functional, bachelor pad / home office.
Bed can be moved and replaced with a comfortable lounging seat for both business or leisure.
Also serves as a dining room with a 3-table spread.

Dressing table with blue brocade tray can be moved around as required.

This room is filled with bright, natural light in the day.
Very suitable for focused study or work.
Or other things.
At night, soft romantic lighting makes the place look warm and cosy.

Windows open out to corridors. Very convenient if in a hurry to get somewhere.

What I really want to see :
Lee Young’s walk-in wardrobe with all his splendid hanbok.

HERS:
차현당 | JaHyeonDang | Misty Ro “Dusty Room” : 
Until Ra On came to the Palace, Jahyeondang was a place that had been largely abandoned in the palace. As it used to be a place where the ex-Queen used to dye fabrics, since her death it has been mostly left to ruin.
As Ra On’s punishment she had been sent to live there. However, someone else had already taken up residence – Kim Byung Yeon, who has fond attachments to this place where he and the Crown Prince had spent their youth.
As time passed, this house turned back into their warm inviting home in the palace.

LARGE ONE-ROOM APARTMENT WITH LOFT.
COMES WITH A SECRET HIDDEN ATTIC.
Tucked away in a quiet part of the Palace with minimal foot traffic.
Modest furnishing. Needs some cleaning.
Simple,tasteful draperies decorate the place with a rustic feel.
Filled with knick knacks.

It’s a  little dusty but makes great mood lighting.

Loft space allows for flexible co-habitation, by each taking one level of the room.
One can do some light reading, sword maintenance, or even discreet wound-cleaning.

Spacious sleeping area with raised platform and curtains for bedtime mode.
Loft room-mate can provide some late night heart-to-heart.
sleeping

Private enough for small drinking parties.

But not quite private enough to try on hanbok.

Al fresco dining for fun, relaxed dinners.
Platform is great for napping with your best buds.

Cosy and wonderful room for hanging out or a date night.

Perhaps Lee Young and Ra On’s abodes are an additional parallel, as it has been mentioned in the story before where the Crown Prince admitted that he lived in the most luxurious well and Ra On lived poorly outside in a big lake.

Their ‘homes’ in the palace further contrasts this.
Lee Young’s Dong Gung may be large, but he essentially lives and spends most of his time in a small closed off, luxurious room with every comfort and convenience.
Is it a wonder that he craves escaping out to the more exciting outside world?
Ra On’s room in the forgotten part of the palace may be a little run-down, but it is large and comfortable, and for the most part, a place where they can find freedom and breathing space, to just be themselves.

It Takes Two : Directors

Posted by MOONLIGHT on NOVEMBER 7, 2016

https://mdbcblog.wordpress.com/2016/11/07/it-takes-two-directors/

• Like 5

[Interview] ‘Moonlight Drawn by Clouds’ Park Bo Gum, “Brilliant midsummer night’s dream. Seeing the moon makes the drama come to mind”

“The words ‘Bogum Magic’ are really great, I am thankful”

Actor Park Bo Gum who has the power to infect his surroundings with happiness. It is not too much to use any good rhetoric to describe him.

Park Bo Gum seems to have no signs of exhaustion despite his busy schedule, after the photo shoot he smiled brightly, shouted ‘Hello’ and jumped into his seat. During the ‘Reply 1988’ interview 9 months ago I felt his positive energy, and I think that he is still the same now as he was back then.

‘Moonlight Drawn by Clouds’ left countless records and was a happy virus for viewers every time, at the center of it is actor Park Bo Gum.

Q. What are your feelings on ‘Moonlight Drawn by Clouds’ ending

Park Bo Gum: The character Lee Yeong, I am sad that I have to send him off after the drama [ends] and in this last interview I get the real feeling that this is really the end. I am thankful to be able to finish filming safely and thanks to the viewers who love [the drama], seeing the moon will make the drama come to mind. I wish that [the drama] remains in many people’s memories for a long time like a brilliant midsummer night’s dream. Even though I had many shortcomings, it was a project in which I learnt many things so to me it was a precious opportunity, the scenes were also precious [to me].

Q. Did you expect to get so much popularity

Park Bo Gum: I did not know that I would be loved by so many people like this. Jin Young hyung said he knew [the drama] would do well. (laughs) At first I felt a lot of burden and I thought I just wanted to do well, I did not know it would work out well like this. [Because it] did well, I am very thankful and happy.

tumblr_ogforge4az1qaf5qqo1_1280.jpg

Q. Before the drama aired there was a reaction that ‘it’s already fun’

Park Bo Gum: At first I thought this line was ironic. (laughs) So I thought that I should really do well. After the drama started and I watched the broadcast, I knew that it was meant to be a positive word. Initially I did not grasp the center well and so hearing [this line] it’s already fun made me feel uneasy and I really thought I had to put in effort to sharpen the knife but later on I was told it was meant in a good way so I was thankful.

Q. How was it when you first met the character Lee Yeong from the project ‘Moonlight Drawn by Clouds’

Park Bo Gum: During the first casting for this project ‘Moonlight Drawn by Clouds’, I was very happy and proud to be in this boat. As a fan of the original [novel], I wanted to try [the role] and I wanted to act in a sageuk, so I was honoured to have been given this opportunity.

When I first read about Lee Yeong, [the character appeared] very fresh to me, as I thought about how to show an existing Crown Prince as a different character I was so excited, but the burden became bigger. I felt anxious about not being able to digest [the character] well and I had a hard time then. I did not know I was the first to be confirmed during the casting.

At first, rather than a burden I felt confident as I thought I could pull it along. But later on I thought that I was mistaken. I contacted my family, company seniors saying that I could understand it in my head but for my mouth, and my actions I found them hard to express and it was difficult because I did not know what to do, everyone said to me that ‘You are not the main character’.

At that time I suddenly thought of what Director Shin Won Ho said before the first broadcast of ‘Reply 1988’ when [our] family was gathered together, ‘Whether it turns out good or bad, let’s finish it happily. Regardless of who is the husband, everyone is a main character’, I thought it was a big mistake to think like that. I thought that to do well, each and every person must do their best in the positions given to them, rather than depending on myself alone.

If it was hard for me, it would be even harder for Yoo Jung. Yoo Jung’s character has a wide range of emotions, so it was much harder for Yoo Jung, what am I to say that it was hard and think of how to feel less burdened. So Yoo Jung is really great and cool. She is a good actor that I want to give applause to. I was happy to be able to work together with Yoo Jung.

tumblr_ogforge4az1qaf5qqo2_1280.jpg

Q. When you were shaken, what was the thing that grabbed Park Bo Gum

Park Bo Gum: When I was shaken, I asked Joong Ki hyung as I did not know what I should do, Joong Ki hyung said to me ‘[As long as you think] what you do is right, have confidence and enjoy any points there are’.

So the whole reading started and I did the poster shooting, but in my heart I did not like it. I had not fallen/immersed into Lee Yeong yet so I barely knew or felt what I was shooting. After the first shooting, there was time to spare so I did a retake. That there was time to spare [for the retake], I am thankful to the staff, and thankful to the directors shooting. It wasn’t easy to do a retake, so I was really thankful in my heart.

Q. Then when did you fall/immerse into the character Lee Yeong

Park Bo Gum: When shooting the pit scene, I knew for sure that I had fallen/immersed into the character Lee Yeong, and I was able to understand the friend Lee Yeong accurately. So I did an ad-lib for the first time. (laughs)

I felt that the situations in the script and [actual] scene were really different. When I looked at the pit scene in print, I thought ‘it would be compact inside’ but during the real scene in the pit I could only feel the air and smell of soil, I really had a grudge against Sam Nom and desperately wanted to grab [him]. From then on I thought I became Lee Yeong and the ad-lib ‘gukbap rascal’ came out. (laughs)

In that scene, there is a part where Lee Yeong lifts Sam Nom up, Yoo Jung came up with her own ad-lib to match my ad-lib ‘Stretch out your arm’. I felt that [she] had a lot of sense, Yoo Jung really became Sam Nom. From then on, I gradually understood what the director wanted, if there were parts I missed I would discuss with the director in order to bring out Lee Yeong more effectively.

tumblr_ogj2owbK1R1qaf5qqo1_1280.jpg

https://parisonheavens.wordpress.com/2016/11/12/interview-moonlight-drawn-by-clouds-park-bo-gum-brilliant-midsummer-nights-dream-seeing-the-moon-makes-the-drama-come-to-mind/

continue to next part

• Like 5

continue..

[Interview] ‘Moonlight Drawn by Clouds’ Park Bo Gum, “Brilliant midsummer night’s dream. Seeing the moon makes the drama come to mind”

Q. Through Lee Yeong, you showed comic acting

Park Bo Gum: I did not know that I had that kind of slyness in me. Initially I had no confidence because of that. I knew what the director wanted, but I could not express myself even if I practiced sincerely. But after the pit scene was filmed, I learned something from the director. For every scene, there was a way to say every line in a tasteful manner. So at first it was difficult to act sly, but soon I was able to express it colourfully, and later on I had fun shooting.

Q. When acting with the older seniors, did you feel intimidated

Park Bo Gum: I was a little flustered to act with the seniors and I aspired to do well however, my seniors stretched out their hands to me first. They would tell me what they thought about the character Lee Yeong first and also gave advice on the parts I may have unknowingly missed.

Unlike the roles, it was really warm on set. The seniors were really nice to me and took care of me on set, thanks to them I could enjoy acting. It was my first time doing a sageuk so I was not used to the political terms and situations and every time there were parts that I was unsure about, senior Kim Seung Soo would give a lot of advice. If the seniors were not there, I guess I could not have finished till the end with the character Lee Yeong standing so firmly. I want to sincerely thank [them] and I want to say that it was an honour to be able to work with such good seniors.

Q. Instead of a fusion sageuk, how about trying a legitimate sageuk

Park Bo Gum: I want to do a legitimate sageuk later on rather than now, I would like to start when I have a little more solid foundation. The character Lee Yeong was not a true monarch at the beginning but became a true monarch later on, just like how it was my first time challenging a sageuk and a character with a narrative and I learn about acting one step by one step, Lee Yeong is also going through a similar growth process.

tumblr_ogj2owbK1R1qaf5qqo2_1280.jpg

Q. You participated in the drama OST. Is it possible for you to perform the OST live

Park Bo Gum: The director made it well but it was a little high for me. (laughs) I was really happy. It was my dream to participate in an OST. It was my first time recording an OST for a drama so I was really happy and I am thankful for such a good song as a gift. A live performance seems possible. I am excited at the thought of being able to perform it someday and I think I will practice a lot.

Q. Because Kim Yoo Jung is a minor, the romance level was lower compared to the original

Park Bo Gum: I have never thought about it. Lee Yeong and Hong Ra On, were able to draw the fresh love between 18 and 19-year olds and it was so good, the affectionate scenes were just right, no more and no less; so it was good. It seems like the writer spent a lot of care [writing it]. I am thankful to be able to express this beautifully and purely, I am thankful that the love between the both of them was drawn beautifully. So I never thought that [the romance] should be greater. The fresh and pure love between the two seems to be beautifully drawn.

Q. At the ending of the last episode, you were not kissing Kim Yoo Jung’s lips but her in person

Park Bo Gum: So it was like that. (laughs) It was a scene where the shooting [schedule] was tight. We were shooting on the day of the last broadcast and had to finish before the sun set, I only saw it on the screen. I am thankful to the director, producers for capturing that moment beautifully.

Q. When you bid farewell to Lee Yeong. Did you feel sorry for the character

Park Bo Gum: I did. I felt that I was lacking a lot in my acting but I learnt a lot from meeting good seniors and it was a learning chapter for me. When I see moonlight, I would think of the drama and feel the warmth [of it]. Whenever I went to the set, my footsteps were light and pleasant. I wanted to receive love like this and I was able to receive love on set. I really received a lot of love because of Lee Yeong and it made me feel so warm.

Working in such a set made me feel at ease. Many have asked what kind of actor I want to become, I want to be an actor that the staff want to work together with again. I have a desire to work together with the staff again and it would be a great compliment if the staff said the same. It seems like I am very fortunate to work with many [good people]. At a warm set, being able to meet staff and family, I am only left with thankful feelings.

tumblr_ogj2owbK1R1qaf5qqo3_1280.jpg

Q. Is there anything you want to say to send off Lee Yeong

Park Bo Gum: There were times I faltered, when Lee Yeong first started wearing the blue gonryongpo (dragon robe) until he walked out at last wearing the red gonryongpo (dragon robe). In that scene, senior Lee Jun Hyeok had to say the line ‘All rise for His Majesty’ and when our eyes met each other we teared and our eyes turned red. The difficult part in preparing for Lee Yeong all this while, the part where I was shaken, the hard/tiring parts, when I think of these like a kaleidoscope, my footsteps became heavy.

As Park Bo Gum, I felt that it was the last time [I was acting as] Lee Yeong, and as Lee Yeong I felt that I had become a real king. It was like all the people were enemies to me, all the people had smiling faces but they were enemies who held a knife behind me so I thought the title and position of prince was very heavy and lonely. So when Lee Yeong wore the red clothes, I wanted to applaud and comfort him for going through hardship. I wanted to say thank you to him for enduring the weight and responsibility well beyond his age.

https://parisonheavens.wordpress.com/2016/11/12/interview-moonlight-drawn-by-clouds-park-bo-gum-brilliant-midsummer-nights-dream-seeing-the-moon-makes-the-drama-come-to-mind/

to be continued in next part

• Like 8

Continue- spread it to parts for better viewing

Q. The position of a prince is very lonely and heavy however, is Park Bo Gum’s appearance similar

Park Bo Gum: It would be a lie if I said it was not heavy. I felt it during the Gyeongbokgung fansign and when I went to Cebu. When I was filming I could only feel the popularity from viewers’ reactions, I felt it directly for the first time during the fansign. I was thankful that the ratings did well and I could keep my promise but I did not imagine that so many people would come.

Thanks to the fans’ support and love, the energy from fans has become [a source of] strength for me. That gratitude will not be lost and will not change, so I greet [fans] on the spot and many people crowded around. What I realized then was my hand gestures, every word, and every action could cause other people to be hurt, there could be safety problems or even misunderstandings.

I have not done any activities in the Philippines before so I was really surprised when everyone was holding cameras and I was left in a defenseless state. I am thankful to those who came to see me and wanted to greet them, but the fence collapsed at the airport because there was a sea of people who came to see me and the drama family. I didn’t want to hurt any of the staff and so I did not know how to act.

In the past [if someone said] please turn around, I could afford to turn around and greet them but now there are many actions which can cause misunderstandings so there is nothing I can do. I am a little sad about that. Thanks to the love of fans I am here in this position, without these people my source of strength disappears, I want to express my thankful heart but [I am afraid of] causing an accident when I do it and hurt other people so I think I have to be careful about my actions. I am sad and worried that my heart/sincerity will be distorted.

tumblr_ogj2owbK1R1qaf5qqo4_1280.jpg

Q. Because you quickly achieved your goal to become a successful actor, do you feel a sense of emptiness

Park Bo Gum: My goal is not to become famous, or live a life enjoying money or fame. I want to become an actor who always gives a positive influence, then an actor with warm words for many people, I want to be a person who can pass on one word to them. While being an actor for the rest of my life, I want to [stick with this mentality] even till death.

More than feeling empty, it seems like I am deeply troubled by how I should act and how I can repay the fans. Because I realized it, this time I want to call my company seniors and ask them. (laughs)

Q. Because of the long shooting hours, it is tiring and hard and it is easy to get distracted, how does Park Bo Gum set himself right

Park Bo Gum: The influence of family is big and so is the power of faith. There were many times where I felt it was hard and exhausting. Filming took place in summer so it was very hot for anyone who needs to put on hanboks. But I still wanted to do a sageuk and I wanted to wear hanboks.

One fan said ‘You’ve worked hard shooting in the heat. When you wear the hanbok for the last time, you will feel happy when you take it off’, when I saw that comment I didn’t want to get annoyed at myself so I dismissed it. There seems to be a clear difference in our thinking.

I am really thankful for the word ‘Bogum Magic’. The power of that word is great. It is also reflected in the word ‘Bogum Magic’.

Q. I heard you wrote a wish note

Park Bo Gum: I have a wish note where I write down what I want to achieve, and what I want to do. I wrote that I wanted to win a newcomer award and do an overseas pictorial shoot and now I can do both. I wrote down details that I wanted to model for a clothing [brand] and did that too. I realized once again that just like what I’m really thinking, just like what I’m talking and just like my expectations, someday they will come true.

tumblr_ogj2owbK1R1qaf5qqo5_1280.jpg

Q. Your two successive projects performed well and you overcame the sophomore jinx, do you have plans for a next project

Park Bo Gum: I have not thought about the next work yet, I think that I want to go all the way with ‘Moonlight Drawn by Clouds’ until the end of the year. I have expectations, excitement and worries about the next project of course, but until the end of the year I will only think of ‘Moonlight Drawn by Clouds’.

After his debut, actor Park Bo Gum has quickly climbed to the top. Even now compared to a few months ago, a lot of things have changed around him.

There are more people who see his every word, every action so he has to be more careful. He said he often rides in the subway, but now he cannot do so anymore.

But to him, the phrase ‘position makes people’ does not apply. Rather, Park Bo Gum bowed his head more, and did not lose appreciation for his surroundings.

Actor Park Bo Gum has grown a lot in the last 96 days. The drama is over, but I wonder if many people will look at the ‘moon’ and think of him for a long time in the future. Clearly, he is in the most brilliant and brightly shining moment of his life now.

“A 96-day record that was dazzlingly beautiful”

The interview is long but so worth the read. Thanks @parisonheaven for the translation

• Like 8