Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

Fan meetings of hallyu stars in April

With the rise of new hallyu stars, various fan meetings are just around the corner.

20160404175037_CMSEDIT_1_fd_arr_thumb1_2

The star of tvN’s “Reply 1988,” Park Bo-gum, will hold his first fan meeting in Taiwan on April 23. Tickets for 1,500 seats were sold out in just seven minutes since opening, proving his popularity even abroad.

According to his agency, Blossom Entertainment, the second round of tickets will be available on Saturday. The fan meeting will be held at 4 p.m. at the TICC, Taipei.

By Kim Ji-young (christinekim@heraldcorp.com)

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201604041446127961182_2

• Like 10

wikipedia updated Park Bo Gum Profile source

Park Bo-gum

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is a Korean name; the family name is Park.
Park Bo-gum
Bogufansign.jpg
In Seoul, November 2015
Born June 16, 1993 (age 22)
Seoul, South Korea
Other names Park Bo-geom
Education Myongji University
(Film and Musical Studies)
Occupation
Years active 2011–present
Agent Blossom Entertainment
Religion Christian

Korean name
Hangul 박보검
Hanja
Revised Romanization Bak Bo-geom
McCune–Reischauer Pak Po-kŏm

Park Bo-gum (born June 16, 1993) is a South Korean actor and host. He made his acting debut in the film Blind in 2011 and went on to star in television dramas playing a Juilliard-educated cellist in Cantabile Tomorrow (2014), a psychopathic lawyer in Hello Monster (2015) and a genius Baduk player in Reply 1988 (2015), among others. In 2016, he will take on the lead role of Crown Prince Hyomyeong in KBS2's historical drama Moonlight Drawn by Clouds. Since May 2015, he hosts Music Bank on KBS2.

Biography[edit]

Born in Seoul on 16 June 1993, Park is the youngest of three siblings. His mother passed away when he was in fourth grade.[1] His unusual name means "precious sword" (寶劍).[2] He started learning the piano when he was five and initially wanted to be a singer-songwriter and study jazz piano.[3][4]

Park was in the varsity team of Seoul Mokdong Middle School as a swimmer.[5] During his sophomore year of high school, he sent a video of himself singing and playing the piano to prominent talent management agencies which led to several offers. Consequently, he chose Sidus HQ and became a vocal trainee of the company.[6] Park, who have never thought of becoming an actor, later changed his career path after a suggestion that he would do well acting. After graduating from Shinmok High School, he enrolled at Myongji University's Film and Musical Studies Department. In 2015, he represented his university's cultural overseas exchange program where he traveled to cities in England, France, Italy and Switzerland.[7]

Public image[edit]

Park is known for his upstanding persona.[8][9] He is a Christian and volunteers to play piano for his church.[10] Advertisers often cite his "boyishness and manliness", "easygoing and high-class image" and "bright and positive vibe".[11][12] Colleagues describe Park as kind and polite with Blind co-star Kim Ha Neul saying, "his personality is really good, and he’s also very good at acting."[13]

Filmography[edit]

Film[edit]

Year Title Role
2011 Blind Min Dong-hyun
2012 Runway Cop young Cha Chul-soo
2014 A Hard Day Officer Lee Jin-ho
The Admiral: Roaring Currents Bae Su-bong
Twinkle-Twinkle Pitter-Patter (short film)  
2015 Coin Locker Girl Park Seok-hyun

Television[edit]

Year Title Role Network
2012 Hero Kang Dong-woo OCN
Drama Special "Still Picture" young Kim Hyun-soo KBS2
Bridal Mask Han Min-kyu
(guest appearance, episodes 26–28)
KBS2
2013 Wonderful Mama Go Young-joon SBS
2014 Wonderful Days young Kang Dong-seok KBS2
Cantabile Tomorrow Lee Yoon-hoo KBS2
2015 Hello Monster Jung Sun-ho/Lee Min KBS2
Reply 1988 Choi Taek tvN
2016 Moonlight Drawn by Clouds Crown Prince Hyomyeong[14] KBS2

Music Video[edit]

Year Song Title Artist
2015 Forget You[15] d.ear

Variety Show[edit]

Year Title Network Notes
2016 Youth Over Flowers Africa tvN Cast member
2016 Running Man SBS Special appearance[16]

Hosting[edit]

Year Title Network Notes
2015-present Music Bank KBS2 With Irene
2015 KBS Drama Awards KBS With Jun Hyun-moo, Kim So-hyun

Endorsements[edit]

Year Brand Notes
Nongshim
With IU
Le Coq Sportif

Sony MDR Headphones

Lotte World

2015-2016
Sunkist Cocktail

T. I. for Men
Autumn/Winter Collection
Olive Young

Edwin

Pelicana Chicken

K-Swiss

Re眼

Llang

G9
With Kim Go-eun
J. Estina
With Kim Yuna
TNGT
Spring/Summer Collection
Sunkist Sparkling

Montbell

Awards and nominations[edit]

Year Award Category Nominated work Result
KBS Drama Awards
Best New Actor Cantabile Tomorrow, Wonderful Days Nominated
4th APAN Star Awards
Best New Actor Cantabile Tomorrow, Hello Monster Nominated
14th KBS Entertainment Awards
Best Newcomer Award Music Bank Won
29th KBS Drama Awards
Popularity Award, Actor Hello Monster Won
Best Supporting Actor Hello Monster Won
InStyle Icons: Next Generation
Male Actor Award[17] N/A Won
11th Max Movie Awards
Rising Star Award[18] N/A Won
8th Style Icon Asia
Style Icon[19] N/A Won

• This page was last modified on 30 March 2016, at 12:02.

• Like 10

Guest ayvah

i just read the recaps for episode 7. Bogum is really an angel maknae.

when i found out that his mom had died already, i finally understood fully why he cried when he realized they didn't have family photo. he must have missed her terribly.

i also noticed that he cries easily. for me, people who cry easily are soft hearted. i really think bogum is truly a nice person.

*edited to remove photo link. don't why my photobucket is not working. :(

Spoiler

CfQB1SyWEAA-czt.jpg

Whoaa.. can't help posting this image again and again.. They're too adorable.:wub:
I really want to see the BTS of this photoshoot :w00t:

Even with their same boyish faces, from the pose we still can see, who is hyung who is dongseng

And Bogum again posted in English. He does knows there are many int'l fans that cherish him.
His followers on Twitter increases rapidly since R88 and YOF Africa.

@deeand I can't help LOL-ing at those hanging hands scene. The fans must be really nervous or flustered that they forgot to grab his precious hands. 

• Like 8

21 hours ago, PiggyKid said:

@jayceeevan he already went on Entertainment Weekly early this year though, beside he always get mentioned alot, here's the video:

MOD EDIT: Do not quote pictures or videos

And for Running Man or 1N2D,.. it's because of his busy schedule :( A member of 1N2D actually said that a few days ago. :blush:

EDIT: and about his schedule being quite alright, Idk. Remember last week where he had no schedule for 4 days but then spotted filming advert by fans and stuff?:huh: I think he doesn't really have a fixed schedule but nothing can be sure ;)

Thank you for replying:) its just that I miss him so much and want to see him on shows etc..sigh

• Like 6

Song Joong-ki, Park Bo-gum bromance on display

Updated : April 05 2016

Actors Song Joong-ki and Park Bo-gum, two of the hottest stars at the moment, were spotted together. 

Park on Tuesday posted their photo on his Twitter. They put their arms on each other’s shoulders and smile at the camera. “It’s time for BLOSSOM to blossom,” he wrote under the photo.

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20160405

Song Joong-ki, Park Bo-gum (Park's Twitter)

Park, 22, and Song, 30, who are both signed under the agency Blossom Entertainment, have shown brotherly affection many times on the screen and through interviews. 

Song is now in the spotlight for his role in drama “Descendants of the Sun,” while Park, who catapulted to fame through “Reply 1988,” will star in new period drama “Moonlight Drawn by Clouds.”

By Ahn Sung-mi (sahn@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 9

On 4/1/2016 at 3:48 PM, deeand said:

@xxxfaa are we must booking the ticket in advanced if going to Music Bank? 

how much it cost?

hi dear. sorry for the late reply. There is an online application for the tickets online through the KBS website for overseas fans. And it is free. However, tickets will have to be reserved at least 1 week before the show. They usually announce the winner list on monday. Alternatively, u can usually get tickets from the respective artist fanclubs and if you have a specific idol / group that you'd like to see, you may contact the them to help. Usually the fanclub will b given tickets quota from kbs and if they stil have empty slot, u can get the ticket from them. The fan clubs usually require a proof (i.e. latest album of the idol, related merchandise etc) to allow free entrance to the shows. IDK if Bogum Ministry can help to get ticket for overseas fans. Unless u know someone from his fansite to help you...

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, xxxfaa said:

hi dear. sorry for the late reply. There is an online application for the tickets online through the KBS website for overseas fans. And it is free. However, tickets will have to be reserved at least 1 week before the show. They usually announce the winner list on monday. Alternatively, u can usually get tickets from the respective artist fanclubs and if you have a specific idol / group that you'd like to see, you may contact the them to help. Usually the fanclub will b given tickets quota from kbs and if they stil have empty slot, u can get the ticket from them. The fan clubs usually require a proof (i.e. latest album of the idol, related merchandise etc) to allow free entrance to the shows. IDK if Bogum Ministry can help to get ticket for overseas fans. Unless u know someone from his fansite to help you...

Thank you for your explanation.. 

So I think if we are member of idol fanclub it will less complicated... 

Idol fanclub power is indeed something... that make me remember reply 1994 and 1997 LOL..

• Like 1

HELLO GUYS! Don't forget to VOTE for PARK BO GUM for SOOMPI FLOWER BOYS FINAL ROUND! VOTE every 12hrs until April 6, 12:00 PM PST. LINK: http://www.soompi.com/2016/04/03/tournament-new-generation-of-flower-boys-final-round/

CfH3NLZUYAA6oBa.jpg

For Gumri/Suntaek!!! Fans PLS don't forget to VOTE for them until April 7, 11:59 PM KST VOTE every 6hrs! LINK: http://bit.ly/suntaekff 

• Like 4

Park Bo Gum is playful with fans at meet and greet

What kind of crazy person would ignore Park Bo Gum when he is waving at you? No one, that's who.

Fans at a recent meet and greet with the actor gave him lots of love. He looks so adorable in the photos and videos. What a sweet guy, just look at his kind manners to the fans in the videos above and below.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/04/park-bo-gum-is-playful-with-fans-at-meet-and-greet

• Like 10