What factors of a potential lover/sig. other turns you away from them?

Guest missingoutinlife1980

Since I have been trying online dating recently, I have some pickiness that I look for when finding a future mate.

These are factors that turn certain people away from me.

1) Smoker. Yuck, I don't want to marry or date a smoker. Stink breath, bad health, potential health problems in the future when she gets old (i.e. lung cancer, hypertension, COPD). Plus the fact that if you want to have a child with this kind of lady, well, beware that your baby may turn out abnormal or have behavioral problems.

2) Drinker. I'm talking about alcohol drinkers. Social drinkers are okay. But heavy drinkers, no no no! My concern is about child reproduction, as I don't want my future child to turn out to be retarded due to Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, or come out with three arms, etc.

3) Single mommies! No way jose!
   I DO NOT want to be taking care of a baby or a child, created by another male! Some of you say the child or the baby may be cute. However, when he or she gets older, the phenotypical appearance of the baby will resemble the mother and the former husband. Plus the genetic background of that child will be different from my genetic background. So no, I don't like single mommies or females with a child from a previous relationship.

4) Tattoos! I don't know what the hell is the fascination with women, or even guys these days, of getting tons of tattoos all over their arms, chest, back, butt cheeks, legs, and even genitalia!
   But females with tattoos are a big turn off for me. I don't want to see my wife in her old prime years, above 70y.o. range, with wrinkly skin with a large ugly tattoo design across her shriveled breast. Eww!!

What are some of your guys' turn offs or "rejection factor" when looking for potential mates?

MiDnite89 said: You should probably worry more about getting a second date from women, much less impregnating her or getting her to her 70s where those concerns would be applicable. 

Guest BlancCrayola

Are we supposed to be listing traits that we dislike in potential mates?

If so, definitely people who have a pessimistic attitude about certain aspects of life. I don't want to be the one always guiding them to think differently and/or be satisfied/content. That would be mentally exhausting.

BlancCrayola said: Are we supposed to be listing traits that we dislike in potential mates? If so, definitely people who have a pessimistic attitude about certain aspects of life. I don't want to be the one always guiding them to think differently and/or be satisfied/content. That would be mentally exhausting.

Guest writerstale

MiDnite89 said: You should probably worry more about getting a second date from women, much less impregnating her or getting her to her 70s where those concerns would be applicable. 

Guest HERMIT

Compared to your criteria I guess I don't feel as unjustifiably judgmental for being picky about uncontrollable flatulence.

disloyal, drugs, drinks too much, ugly, inconsiderate, 
and strangely enough, girls who use a display of confidence, to tr yto hide their lack of confidence, to me its a major turnoff and just shows them as dishonest. for some reason lots of girls are like this to me, they try to put on this act like they are queen bee... as if i would care. just seems arrogant, annoying.
tattoos are not meant to be shown casually, there are pretty straight forward guidelines on where the tattoos should be. and the summerized version is along the lines of "on a hot day, what is the social norm for clothing, tattoos should be placed under those clothes." which means in today's social norms, during a hot day most ppl will wear shorts and a t-shirt. so your tattoos should be covered by those.
back in the day, tattoos avoided the collar bone, and the middle of the front of the body, as clothing pretty much covered everything, and clothing also had to be tied in the front, leaving varied sections of the mid front showing.
women these days show pretty much everything so there is not much room to get a tattoo by traditional (asian) standards, so it would be left up to the individual girl's "regular attire" for example if she has long hair, having a tattoo on her back can be covered, depending on size, even if she is in summer attire such as tanktop.
smoking cigarettes doesn't bother me, as it is pretty common place in korean culture. however a woman smoking too much does turn me off. moderation is key. i also don't mind light drinking as long as it is done responsibly (almost to the point of overly responsible). as common sense, if you are in a relationship, you should never do anything to compromise your judgement, as that is compromising your relationship.

1. No smoking, no tattoos, no piercings, no drinking alcohols {once in a while for special occasion is alright!}
2. Have a good heart.
3. detail-oriented/attentive, caring and considerate.

I think that's all that matters to me, the rest is negotiable. But most importantly for me is someone with a kind heart. One factor that is semi-important is they have to be somewhat attentive, at least remember the things I tell them. I have a really good memory, and if I even catch myself repeating it for the second time, there will be this "flip-switch" that will go on inside my head telling me: {you've said this [       ] times before}. I know once or twice is no big deal, but over 5 times.... I guess I'm not someone who likes to repeat myself a lot, because every time I do it I feel very repetitive.

Guest Kerriganton

MiDnite89 said: missingoutinlife1980 said:

BlancCrayola said: Are we supposed to be listing traits that we dislike in potential mates? If so, definitely people who have a pessimistic attitude about certain aspects of life. I don't want to be the one always guiding them to think differently and/or be satisfied/content. That would be mentally exhausting.

Archived