[Drama 2014] Fated To Love You, 운명처럼 널 사랑해

Go Seung Ji

Guest psycheros

Why does Yong drop the sugar cubes into his cup emphatically? Putting the cafe scene before this matchmaking scene would make sense, ie Gun tasted Yong's drink and found it was too bitter, so he told Yong what Mi Young had said about people who like sweet things want to be happy. But the cafe scene is in the next episode, so Yong's drink is actually really sweet, it's Gun who thinks it's tasteless because of Mi Young. Coming back to the matchmaking scene, when DOES Gun tell Yong about Mi Young's theory? If it's sometime within the last 3 years, it's poignant because Gun believes he is doomed to be forever alone after losing Mi Young. Yet he still wants others around him to be happy. Besides Mi Young at the hospital, he must have urged Yong to seek happiness.

Ji Yeon is pretty brave for the public confession..

I love Miyoung's Omma sooooo much! She never truly warms up to Daniel, even though Daniel keeps shoving down her throat, telling her to call him in comfortable terms. 
Although Daniel may seem perfect on paper, but I think what he lacks is the ability to see Omma properly as a mother, and not as his 'prospective's girlfriend's' mother. Whereas Gunnie truly saw her as a mother whom he could lean and have support from, and wasn't afraid to show his vulnerable side to her. 

Guest aaa1188

Dragon love his coffee sweet too and he is doing his best to act like Gunnie... I think Dragon is secretly having a boy crush on his sis-in-law ... 

in the lounge with all the gallery workers... MY thanked everyone.... 
Love stalker Gun... trying not to be seen yet get jealous so easily.... ouch.... that fall looks painful... I love this scene where he sits next to manager "do"... I cannot imagine he made so much noise and yet MY and DP did not recognise him.... My Way... I remember that I was pleasantly surprise during the first watch that MY and DP had never kissed... 
MY really has no feeling for DP .... poor DP 

Guest aaa1188

MY is such a sweet lady... she even bought two drinks waiting for Yong Jia at the bench.... look at the longing look that Gun has for MY at the bench "conversation" JH is really really good... 
It's here MY told Gunnie that her shiniest moments was the time spent with him.... so heart breaking... Gunnie is sad drinking soju by himself.... thinking what MY had just told him.... he can feel her pain.... poor Gunnie...  

Guest psycheros

The acting in the imagined Daniel kiss is amazing -- JNR's hand actions!
Why doesn't she tell Daniel she is meeting "Young Ja"? I think she doesn't share everything with him. Eg He doesn't seem to know the significance of "Le Soupir" and the lollipop painting, otherwise he wouldn't have brought the latter over for Mi Young. It triggers a lot of painful memories for her. 
Mi Young is sweet - she brings drinks along to the park meeting with "Young Ja". Of course she is trying to convince "Young Ja" to give up the painting, but she is naturally considerate even to strangers like the gallery cleaning lady and Sera, whom she barely knows and doesn't really deserve her kindness.
Why does Mi Young not catch on that "Young Ja" always bails on their appointments?

Guest aaa1188

I find the hotel corridor scene very very sad and heart breaking... it shows how frustrating and helpless Gunnie is at the situation he is almost begging for the door to open and he even called up snail to open the door.... 
After that... look at how surprise that he is actually face to face with with MY... I still remember all of us speculating about DP giving MY the back hug... the amount of unhappy noises we had... and also the bed scene between Gun and MY... it was analysed to death by all of us... sigh... good old time... 
Thank you chingkus.... see you all tomorrow... 

Guest psycheros

only1khj said: How does Ellie Kim not recognize LG's voice when he answers the phone?
What LG puts on to wear and what he walks out wearing are two different things.

MY is such a sweet lady... she even bought two drinks waiting for Yong Jia at the bench.... look at the longing look that Gun has for MY at the bench "conversation" JH is really really good... 

It's here MY told Gunnie that her shiniest moments was the time spent with him.... so heart breaking... Gunnie is sad drinking soju by himself.... thinking what MY had just told him.... he can feel her pain.... poor Gunnie...  

Agree, it must be so painful because all that he wanted is to be together with her but he pushed her away so harshly. Imagine how broken his heart must be, knowing after all he did, she still thinks the time with him was the best. His 1st attention probably wanted to have a friendly chat like he has with SR but knowing MY's feelings he doesn't have a heart, will and power to hurt her again if he lower his guard.

Guest TinaA1430294419

getreal48 said: I love Miyoung's Omma sooooo much! She never truly warms up to Daniel, even though Daniel keeps shoving down her throat, telling her to call him in comfortable terms. 
Although Daniel may seem perfect on paper, but I think what he lacks is the ability to see Omma properly as a mother, and not as his 'prospective's girlfriend's' mother. Whereas Gunnie truly saw her as a mother whom he could lean and have support from, and wasn't afraid to show his vulnerable side to her. 

Guest psycheros

getreal48 said: I love Miyoung's Omma sooooo much! She never truly warms up to Daniel, even though Daniel keeps shoving down her throat, telling her to call him in comfortable terms. 

How does Ellie Kim not recognize LG's voice when he answers the phone?

What LG puts on to wear and what he walks out wearing are two different things.

There's a scene when LG came out from his room and called someone. Apparently He had a dinner appointment but he cancelled it because MY told him, she's going to be in the hotel's bar. That's why he changed his clothes ;)

Guest TinaA1430294419

I think Omma is a very intuitive woman, she knows how people feel without having to be told, especially her daughter.  If she believed that MY had really moved on and was ready for a relationship with Daniel she would have made a real effort to warm up to him for her sake and put her personal feelings aside.  But she didn't have to be told that MY was still in the oppa/friend stage and she wasn't going to let Daniel make any decisions her daughter wasn't ready for.

But I think Daniel really believed he was acting in MY's best interest, and I'm sure it was his idea to have her solo exhibit in Korea, MY would more likely have preferred Paris.  He figured three years was long enough, it was time for her to start over completely and take the first step by going back home.  (If she were going to stay in Paris until she forgot Gun she'd have been there forever.)  He hoped that once she was back with her family, and with him by her side, and her career taking off  everything would fall into place. Easier said than done.

Thanks to @everyone who re-watched together today. Episode 13 is a fun one. LG looks so handsome and KMY has transformed into Ellie Kim.  
I wonder if this was the filming time that JH would not sleep for 6 days straight. He looks really handsome with his makeover, but he looks so small, tired and frail behind the character. Some of that may be on purpose, the way he is portraying LG and wants the character to come across, but it's obvious that the live shooting was taking its toll. I love spy Gun! He's adorable.  
On this viewing when LG is at the bar and referenced MY WAY and then hums a little, I realized he's humming part of that song.  Didn't catch that the first viewing.  I didn't know what he was humming. Today, I got it. 
LG's little bro is taking on more and more characteristics of big bro.  The CF director accuses him of being "meticulous" and he's acting like LG at the blind date.  When he describes his ideal girl and then JJY arrives, there is such a contrast between the dream and the reality.  Just like LG/SR/KMY in Act 1.
I think I'm the only FtLY watcher that does NOT like Omma.  I really want to like her, but I'm more fearful of her than anything. I would never want to be on her bad side if I was her child.  I fear her; I don't love her. On the other hand, I love Halmoni and I even like the step-mother.  They both come across very comical and playful (even in the midst of villainy).
I haven't watched these episodes since the first time because the heartbreak is palpable. But today, episode 13 really wasn't painful.  It had a lot of humor in it. I'm glad I found some bravery after last week.
Thanks again one and all.  Viewing with you is special.

Guest Kdrama-lover

Thanks to @everyone who re-watched together today. Episode 13 is a fun one. LG looks so handsome and KMY has transformed into Ellie Kim.  

I wonder if this was the filming time that JH would not sleep for 6 days straight. He looks really handsome with his makeover, but he looks so small, tired and frail behind the character. Some of that may be on purpose, the way he is portraying LG and wants the character to come across, but it's obvious that the live shooting was taking its toll.

I love spy Gun! He's adorable.  

On this viewing when LG is at the bar and referenced MY WAY and then hums a little, I realized he's humming part of that song.  Didn't catch that the first viewing.  I didn't know what he was humming. Today, I got it. 

LG's little bro is taking on more and more characteristics of big bro.  The CF director accuses him of being "meticulous" and he's acting like LG at the blind date.  When he describes his ideal girl and then JJY arrives, there is such a contrast between the dream and the reality.  Just like LG/SR/KMY in Act 1.

I think I'm the only FtLY watcher that does NOT like Omma.  I really want to like her, but I'm more fearful of her than anything. I would never want to be on her bad side if I was her child.  I fear her; I don't love her. On the other hand, I love Halmoni and I even like the step-mother.  They both come across very comical and playful (even in the midst of villainy).

I haven't watched these episodes since the first time because the heartbreak is palpable. But today, episode 13 really wasn't painful.  It had a lot of humor in it. I'm glad I found some bravery after last week.

Thanks again one and all.  Viewing with you is special.

I am of same preference as you with regards to favorite supporting actress category., I voted for Halmoni too, because she was adorably funny and very loving towards MY, that's why the latter seemed able to cope up when LG was sort of giving her a hard time in the early stage of their "marriage".

I don't really Not Like MY Omma with her being physical when it comes to knocking some senses into MY.. Halmoni also did that to LG early on.. I want to view it as a matter of maturity or age level.. I mean to say is: commonly mothers tend to be more strick than grandmothers.. Maybe because grandmas are a level over motherhood so they tend to be milder, gentler, more understanding and most of all may not wish to waste their remaining energy engaging in corporal punishment.

;)