♡ JoU Couple ♡ :: Jo Jung Suk ♥ IU [Official Thread]

akinahana89

• Replies 21.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

meahri66 said:   babyviolets said: akinahana89 said: Guuuuys... I just noticed this... but... why does LYJ and JJS follow each other on Twitter but IU and JJS don't?! :(( :(( :((
because IU hasn't been active on twitter since her scandal?
at least i hope that's the reasonI hope that's the case also, cause this news is really disturbing.
Agreed... It showed up on the side panel that JJS was following LYJ and asked if I wanted to follow her too, so I clicked on it and it turned out that she was following him back. It was like the world was ending!!!! LOL.

I guess it would make sense for IU to take a long break from Twitter after how serious the scandal was... but I hope one day she'll go back to it and start tweeting again. Maybe IU and JJS will start following each other after her return? I'll just imagine that they call and text each other instead of tweeting... because it's much more personal anyway. :D :D :D

(... Crisis diverted? LOL)

Guest Jill Jung

babyviolets said:

akinahana89 said:

Guuuuys... I just noticed this... but... why does LYJ and JJS follow each other on Twitter but IU and JJS don't?! :(( :(( :((because IU hasn't been active on twitter since her scandal?

at least i hope that's the reasonI hope that's the case also, cause this news is really disturbing.

babyviolets said:

akinahana89 said:

Guuuuys... I just noticed this... but... why does LYJ and JJS follow each other on Twitter but IU and JJS don't?! :(( :(( :((because IU hasn't been active on twitter since her scandal?

My two cents on this is that everybody knows that twitter is uncontrollable, imagine how will they feel if like IU will be bashed, do you think JJS will just take it like that? Much better avoid these kind of things, anyway what is more important is the communication between them away from the prying ears of everyone like us kekeke.

@Jill Jung
That is very true. Just like when IU had to film the scene in which people had to throw eggs at her, JJS had to step back from it completely because he was afraid he would lose his temper if he had to get involved.

JoU, don't keep us in the dark for too long! When you're in a relationship, make sure to tell your most loyal JoU shippers so we can celebrate! Kekeke~~~

@babyviolets
Also very true. Now I am imagining JJS asking IU for her phone number instead of for her Twitter. Kekeke~~ *Goes back to her delusional world filled with rainbows, hearts, sunshine, and JoU* LOL

@Jill Jung

That is very true. Just like when IU had to film the scene in which people had to throw eggs at her, JJS had to step back from it completely because he was afraid he would lose his temper if he had to get involved.

JoU, don't keep us in the dark for too long! When you're in a relationship, make sure to tell your most loyal JoU shippers so we can celebrate! Kekeke~~~

@babyviolets

Also very true. Now I am imagining JJS asking IU for her phone number instead of for her Twitter. Kekeke~~ *Goes back to her delusional world filled with rainbows, hearts, sunshine, and JoU* LOL

I don't worry so much about YJ. Should there be any feelings between them, I think it was more on YJ's part. After all, she was the one who always goes to him for advise, the one who leaves him short memo notes, the one who cried for her "character" when the drama ended,and the one who's always leaning towards him and initiates skinship on bts clips.

JJS, on the other hand, has always been firm on his response when it comes to his relationship with YJ, he even provided a rationale as to why people would think that, which gave me the impression that he was very detached with those issues. Also, he addresses YJ in a very casual manner, not something one is likely to do if they had a secret relationship or if he had any secret feelings for her.

Thus, I conclude that they were never involved romantically.

I rest my case :D

@babyviolets
Thanks for the insight on the relationship between JJS and YJ. :D I've never seen K2H so I've also never seen their BTS clips or anything about them. I just hear a lot that they had great chemistry and were often rumored to be in a relationship because of it. Then to see that they were friends on Twitter... Well, I didn't want to see my JoU dreams getting crushed. LOL. But, I think whatever chemistry they have can't even compare to JoU's chemistry at all. I also heard that JJS cleared up the dating rumor between them real fast when they were receiving an award for K2H - so fast, in fact, that it left YJ temporarily speechless... Haha.

Judging from what you've told me though, it appears that JJS's behavior towards IU is almost the exact opposite of his behavior towards YJ. Am I right? So that must mean something very important? :D :D :D

Guest normalahamid

from what I've seen from BTS pictures of our JoU couple, JJS is the one who initiated the skinship first while IU is just standing still..(she's looking more like don't know what to do & just let him touch her here & there) hahaha..it's so opposite with JJS & LYJ where LYJ is the one who initated the skinship first while JJS just do nothing..LOL

@babyviolets

Thanks for the insight on the relationship between JJS and YJ. :D I've never seen K2H so I've also never seen their BTS clips or anything about them. I just hear a lot that they had great chemistry and were often rumored to be in a relationship because of it. Then to see that they were friends on Twitter... Well, I didn't want to see my JoU dreams getting crushed. LOL. But, I think whatever chemistry they have can't even compare to JoU's chemistry at all. I also heard that JJS cleared up the dating rumor between them real fast when they were receiving an award for K2H - so fast, in fact, that it left YJ temporarily speechless... Haha.

Judging from what you've told me though, it appears that JJS's behavior towards IU is almost the exact opposite of his behavior towards YJ. Am I right? So that must mean something very important? :D :D :D

Haha...that's true. Plus he did it in a joking manner, showing just how ridiculous the scandal was to him! Lol he did that while YJ was flaunting about how he still called her princess and how she cried and didnt want to let go of the role. It was kinda embarrassing and a bit YA-ish if you ask me! (sorry YJ fans, im not anti...I just found the contrast funny! Lol)

And yes, his behaviour towards iu is totally different. Truth is, I didn't know iu before this drama as I was never into kpop (I only knew shinhwa through their variety show--they totally crack me up! Lol). The reason why I decided to watch yatblss was because of jjs, and maybe a bit of yin and lms. I even thought that the initial news released was wrong and that jjs would be paired with yin coz of the age difference. And when I found out that it was indeed him and iu who would be paired off together, I was kinda hesitant but I thought that he was a great actor so he will definitely be able to make it work. I was also never the type to ship fantasy couples. There were only 2 instances where I began to suspect that the otp was dating, or at least had feelings for each other irl, and that was lmh/pmy in ch and yin/jhw in qihm (and you know what happened to them :D ). However, the more I witnessed our couple's interaction in the drama, the more I got that same feeling of attraction between them. I kept on trying to reason with myself coz I felt it was next to impossible and just credited it to jjs's acting talent and good on screen chemistry. Then I saw their ht guesting, and that's where shipping bug hit me hard! Lol

akinahana89 said:

@babyvioletsThanks for the insight on the relationship between JJS and YJ. :D I've never seen K2H so I've also never seen their BTS clips or anything about them. I just hear a lot that they had great chemistry and were often rumored to be in a relationship because of it. Then to see that they were friends on Twitter... Well, I didn't want to see my JoU dreams getting crushed. LOL. But, I think whatever chemistry they have can't even compare to JoU's chemistry at all. I also heard that JJS cleared up the dating rumor between them real fast when they were receiving an award for K2H - so fast, in fact, that it left YJ temporarily speechless... Haha.Judging from what you've told me though, it appears that JJS's behavior towards IU is almost the exact opposite of his behavior towards YJ. Am I right? So that must mean something very important? :D :D :D

akinahana89, I was told we needed to watch K2H because JJS' performance was so good, he outdid Lee Seung-gi, who was the lead.

@babyviolets, you watched K2H, right? Did you find that to be the case?

Hehe...truth is, yes! I watched it coz I liked the casting...but as the story progressed, I started to anticipate jjs's parts more than the main storyline (for a very grand scheme, the antagonist part was very simple and I didn't like it, though I get why they probably chose to have a 3rd party antagonist rather than focus on the north-south rift. But all in all, it was still good)

meahri66 said: akinahana89, I was told we needed to watch K2H because JJS' performance was so good, he outdid Lee Seung-gi, who was the lead.

@babyviolets, you watched K2H, right? Did you find that to be the case?

Yes, I've been told that as well. In fact, I've been trying to work up the courage to watch K2H for months because, while I want so badly to see JJS in another role, I don't want to see him in a romance with another woman. (Architecture 101 didn't prove to be a problem. LOL) I also know that his character dies, which will be utterly heartbreaking for me. And lastly.... I'm not a fan of LSG. lol. But I'm sure one day, I'll finally be able to watch K2H and appreciate JJS in his ESK role.

from what I've seen from BTS pictures of our JoU couple' date=' JJS is the one who initiated the skinship first while IU is just standing still..(she's looking more like don't know what to do & just let him touch her here & there) hahaha..it's so opposite with JJS & LYJ where LYJ is the one who initated the skinship first while JJS just do nothing..LOL[/quote']

I actually think there's an equal exchange of skinship between iu and jjs. In stills, you always see jjs approach her more, but we have to consider that these are selected stills and they may have filtered out any pics where iu initiates skinship to avoid another round of bashing from iu haters

but in videos, you can really see their interaction and most of time, that involves a lot of body flirting! Lol sometimes too, you feel like they're in their own world! Lol

normalahamid said: from what I've seen from BTS pictures of our JoU couple, JJS is the one who initiated the skinship first while IU is just standing still..(she's looking more like don't know what to do & just let him touch her here & there) hahaha..it's so opposite with JJS & LYJ where LYJ is the one who initated the skinship first while JJS just do nothing..LOL
It certainly appears that way to me regarding JJS initiating skinship with IU. :D I just didn't have anything to compare it to because I have never seen BTS of JJS with LYJ and I wasn't going to go look for it and break my devoted JoU shipping heart. lol.

Guest samsooky

@meahri66, @akinahana89, I hope it is okay that I also chime in on the question of whether one should watch K2H? I must admit (as I may have in the other thread), I had no idea who JJS was but in the first scene he is in Episode 1 that opens up (literally, the doors to a military airport garage/building rolls up with him standing there in his uniform), he had my attention (he looked like some heroic knight or warrior from another era) and your eyes will not leave him. My sister was watching with me at the time, and both of us wanted to know immediately why this guy was not the lead. I know it is unfair to compare actors, but I came to K2H for Ha Ji Won (and somewhat for LSG) but continued to watch only for JJS (and LYJ). He just has that something that the camera loves and the screen and scenes just sizzle with excitement and anticipation.
Every scene he acts, is, as expected, impeccable, perfect, and consistently on target in every way. He always has a way to surprise the viewer - for example, the guitar/singing around campfire, when if you didn't know like me that he had a voice like he does, I had the same reaction as HJW's character, agape and in awe, which heightens your interest in this heroic figure. When he meets the Princess, definitely both actors carry the unique relationship and chemistry that comes from the differences between a Princess/Royal and the Captain of the Royal Guards (as loyal, idealist soldier and endearing man) very well and the sparks are flying (different than the sparks with IU, as I think the characters are different). Later, you must watch through the middle episodes and definitely 16-19, whereby, you will see different, intense and the tough soldier side of ESK/JJS.  That final stand-off (end of Episode 18) and beginning of Episode 19 is blockbuster worthy. I will warn you though, that there are parts of K2H that really did not appeal to me, namely, I found myself focused on the Captain and the Princess more than the main leads, but that's only my opinion. So...in a roundabout way I am encouraging you to watch all scenes to understand the story, but the second time around, you'll know where to skip to get to the scenes with JJS. His on-screen bromance with LSG's character, is very heart-warming and some of those scenes are really lovely. I think LSG did better later, finally living in the skin of his character about mid-way through the drama. There are also other characters (the King-LSG's brother, etc) that will also be endearing. 
I was convinced the Director loved JJS (the first time I watched), since his character was given more and more screen time (you will notice right away, he can carry an episode by himself, if needed) but also there are scenes (I won't give away) that involve torture, his feeling betrayal, crying (amazingly), and other intense stand-offs with the villain, that are moody, stylish, almost film-like. Just JJS's profile and his cheekbones alone, I think gave the Director range to use moody lighting that just intensified the scene between the actors (he really looks like he should be in a James Bond movie), because of JJS's ability to give you a vast range with his acting. His full body acting will leave you admiring his talents even more - the details, from chapped lips to the muscles on his face and of course, that voice. 

Do I sound like an fan? ;) I am afraid I only have a handful of actors I really like and will try and watch whatever they have performed in - JJS is on that very short list so I must share the enthusiasm and hope that more people (in the industry and audiences globally) will pay attention to this truly praise-worthy talent. I think you, too, will fall in love with ESK and will feel the loss of that character when the time comes, I felt it for a while and still remember it a year later (LOL).  I'll be honest, I became an admiring fan of his work within the first few seconds of his appearing on the screen in Episode 1... As for a comparison with LSG, I won't make it, but I will say that I did not watch Episode 20 until recently, once JJS was not on the screen, I found myself unplugged emotionally from the drama. 
Since JJS will be working with this Director on King's Wrath, my suspicions are confirmed that his work was recognized (the Director probably has something complex and exciting planned for that role) and the assassin he'll be playing will likely be a multi-faceted man (and that range, the unique JJS can handle). I am looking forward to it also since I was already a fan of the Director from Damo and other works by him (he has a really sophisticated style, beautiful cinematography, etc), with the stellar cast and JJS, it will definitely be a must watch in 2014 (and huge hit, I am sure). 

Anyway, sorry for the long post...but if you are interested in seeing JJS's future as a film star, K2H probably highlighted just the tip of the iceberg - this multi-talented actor will likely be snatched up by the movie industry in a few years so let's enjoy him in any drama he does!  
Hope you enjoy...let me know if you have questions on K2H, needless to say, I have watched it more than once, and you will likely know why... :)  

Archived