[Official] JYJ Park Yoo Chun - 박유천 (Singer, Songwriter, and Actor) Thread

Guest JPhylls

[OTHER FACEBOOK] 150316 SBS Midnight TV Entertainment Facebook Update: Park Yuchun & Shin Se-kyung to appear on 3/19

photo 150316SBShanbam-fb.png

[TRANS]

ㅡ_ㅡ *sniff**sniff*- Do you smell what’s burning?

@_@ What’s this smell?

^ㅠ^ It’s my heart for you burning!

Kkyak!!!! It’s okay that it’s sizzling! It’s okay that my hands and feet might disappear, too!

If it’s Park Yuchun & Shin Se-kyung, anything can be forgiven

Finally SBS new Wed-Thur drama <The

Girl Who Sees Smells>’s 2 main leads will stop by on ‘Midnight [TV

Entertainment]”s red carpet

– This Thursday (19th) night , 6 PM!!

– Ilsan Western Dom Event Square

The girl who sees the hearts of these people, she is precisely you

(*simmers**simmers* till the end)

Aha! The things that one would like to ask from Park Yuchun & Shin Se-kyung -ssi

And fanservice that one would like to get from these two people (back hugs, etc.)

It’s okay for you to even ask by posting with your comments

photo 11046448_616416815159772_8169734720660763271_o.jpg

photo Screenshot_2015-03-16-17-17-17-1.png

Source: SBS 한밤의 TV연예 FB

Translated by: rilanna of JYJ3

Shared by: JYJ3

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sea Fog/HaeMoo in the news...

HAEMOO INVITED TO THE NDNF FESTIVAL IN NEW YORK

(from 1:25-2:03)

ARIRANG

Other related news...

[TRANS] 150317 Park Yuchun, he’ll go a long way if he proceeds

photo 950545_511730_3845.jpg

Park Yuchun has swept Newcomer Awards at

the Korean Film Critics Association Awards, Daejong Film Awards, Blue

Dragon Film Awards, Busan Film Critics Association Awards, and etc.

in the past year, for perfectly tackling his role as Dong-shik, the

youngest sailor in his 2014’s film debut project ‘Haemoo/Sea Fog’.

A SBS drama official said, “There are

very rarely cases where one receives awards for what one acted in; yet

Park Yuchun-ssi has been gaining recognition from broadcasters, film

experts, viewers, and audiences, while showing an abundance of acting

abilities in what he’s acted in,” and, “To get to be honored with an

award once again, there’s interests in him”.

Meanwhile, ‘The Girl Who Sees Smells’ is

the collaboration between writer Lee Hee-myung who wrote ‘Rooftop

Prince’ and director Baek Soo-chan who directed ‘Golden Bride’. Besides

Park Yuchun, Shin Se-kyung, Namgoong Min, and Yoon Jin-seo appearing;

there is Kim So-hyun, gagman Jung Chan-woo, Kim Byung-wook, Lee

Won-jong, Jo Hee-bong and others. The drama is visiting the main rooms

of viewers at 10 pm every Wednesdays and Thursdays, from April 1.

Source: Kyeongin.com

Translated by: rilanna of JYJ3

Shared by: JYJ3

#TGWSS teaser 2

With English subs by theyoungestmin

#TGWSS teaser 2
;)

Video: Yuchun/Junsu Messages (to Fans and Jaejoong at "All of Jaejoong" fanmeeting

with English subs

https://youtu.be/Ichnqjgt2tE

Shia Kim

More here: JYJ CAFFEINE: All of Jaejoong~ Japanese fanmeet in Seoul

http://jyjcaffeine.blogspot.com/2015/03/all-of-jaejoong-japanese-fanmeet-in.html?spref=tw

Park Yuchun~ SBS Midnight TV Entertainment
With "The Girl Who Sees Smells" co-star Shin SeKyung

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink
Embedded image permalink
Embedded image permalink
Embedded image permalink
Embedded image permalink
Embedded image permalink

VIDEOS

via Hunbun Ajib

via Hunbun Ajib

YC hugs a fan
Via Hunbun Ajib

via 3 flowers

Yuchun eating a lemon...and trying for 'no expression'

via Hunbun Ajib

via Hyeri Haylee

Via Hyeri Haylee

via Hunbun Ajib

Much MORE here: JYJ CAFFEINE: Park Yuchun~ SBS Midnight TV Entertainment http://jyjcaffeine.blogspot.com/2015/03/park-yuchun-sbs-midnight-tv.html?spref=tw

[NEWS] 150319 ‘The Girl Who Sees Smells’ Park Yuchun, watch the teaser..100% synchronization with with webtoon! “As expected of Park Yuchun” March 19, 2015 · rilanna
photo 2015031919283876_1_rstarker.jpg ‘The Girl Who Sees Smells’ teaser video that actor Park Yuchun is appearing in, was released and is drawing netizens’ attention. On the 18th SBS new Wed-Thur drama ‘The Girl Who Sees Smells’’s teaser preview starring Park Yuchun was revealed. In the released video, Park Yuchun(Choi Mugak) is swaying women’s hearts with images of him being shown in a fight scene wearing a police uniform, or pretending to be indifferent while hiding a bouquet of flowers behind his back in a knitwear in front of Shin Se-kyung(Oh Cho-rim). Also, there came up a comparison photo of ‘The Girl Who Sees Smells’ webtoon and Park Yuchun, in the meantime; and it is collecting attention. Park Yuchun shows 100% synchronization with Choi Mugak from in the webtoon, and is raisingexpectations. Netizens who heard the news of ‘The Girl Who Sees Smells’ Park Yuchun, showed reactions: “‘The Girl Who Sees Smells’ Park Yuchun is really innocent-looking”, “‘The Girl Who Sees Smells’ Park Yuchun is good at acting, I’m looking forward to it”, “‘The Girl Who Sees Smells’ Park Yuchun is cool”. Source: Herald Corp   Translated by: rilanna of JYJ3   Shared by: JYJ3

Park Yoo-Chun turned into the man with flowers ‘Nice Charm’

2015/03/19(Thu) 22:36

13741_1.jpg

Park Yoo-Chun turned into the man with flowers, and started to target home theater.
Park Yoo-Chun caught women’s heart by sweet charm at the second preview of SBS new Wednesday-Thursday drama ‘The Girl Who Sees Smells’ on 19th.
In the video Park Yoo-Chun performed the role of Choi Moo-Gak. He pretends to be indifferent in front of Shin Se-Gyung the role of Oh Cho-Rim, but he showed his hidden mind by sweet voice. His charm, showing feelings behind the woman, but cold in front of her, is shaking women’s heart.
‘The Girl Who Sees Smells’ is the mystery suspense romantic comedy, about Choi Moo-Gak who lost sense by the shock of losing his younger, meets Oh Cho-Rim who has extrasensory perception. It will be aired on April 1st, 10 p.m. 

[Photo=SBS] Innolife

Yuchun on the cover of Star 1 magazine

191814_l.jpg

More news here: JYJ CAFFEINE: JYJ News Week of 3/16-3/22/2015 http://jyjcaffeine.blogspot.com/2015/03/jyj-news-week-of-316-3222015.html?spref=tw

From the Chief Film Critic, Variety
3ada99b24577d59b9b041a6523f885d6_normal. Scott Foundas @foundasonfilm   Shim Sung-bbo's HAEMOO is a great, nail-biting study of men and madness on the high seas, a Korean CRIMSON TIDE (w/a dash of TITANIC). @NDNF
#HaeMoo
@NDNF: #NDNF tonight: Korean sea thrills... http://newdirectors.org/schedule#2015-03-20 

Embedded image permalink

At #MOMA to watch #haemoo 

Embedded image permalink

Director Shim was at MOMA tonight for presenting #Haemoo and had the Q&A session.

"Selected this genre film with the director Shim Sung Bo who has own voice"
Shim: Even though it was based on the real event, the main theme was love.
Love was the most angle we wanted to show in Haemoo

Shim: It's actually based the play which was taken from the true story
Sea fog was used as the background and through Haemoo I wanted to tell the situation we are hopeless
Shim: wasn't my intention to show political msg, but I wanted to depict the era

Q: Technical quality of the film was outstanding. How did you do that?
Shim: Except me, all film crew were best in class. 70% was filmed on the sea water. Also used CG as supplementary use
Shim: Characterization of each 6 crew member was my focus in adapting the play in cinema
The first scene I wanted to portray was the daily lives of fisherman and hoped to bring pity from viewers

Q: Was the young man the real person. Shim: It's based on the play, isn't based on True story
Shim: I always like to show a story of average men turning into criminal

Via 1ee8b656a9c166fe259b34beb88bc4b5_normal. Maxine Garcia @Maxine6002

JYJ CAFFEINE: JYJ News Week of 3/16-3/22/2015 http://jyjcaffeine.blogspot.com/2015/03/jyj-news-week-of-316-3222015.html?spref=tw

class="date-header"Monday, March 16, 2015

[PRELUDE] THE GIRL WHO SEES SMELLS BY ROWEINA

FINALLY, We get a RomCom from ChunNi after a melodrama n a politic, action thriller drama that (I think) are not everyone cup of tea. Usually after he had a drama, we often to say what kind of genre we want he take on his next drama project. There were many kind of genre/character but still the winner is a RomCom. I think a RomCom is a genre that (most of) everyone like. A light drama that can make Us smile & laugh n can make Us forget a little of our hard day. XD

I’m not understate SKKS & Ripley but I think RTP that truly propelled him to rising popularity in KDramaland. It’s also not because I’m a RoofTopers but I think on that drama, it was the 1st time he became the “leader” (hope U know what I mean) n finally I knew there is an K Actor whose name is Park Yoo Chun n has many expression n later I knew it called ChunFace. XD...  Lee Gak is an interesting character n ChunNi did a good job to portray that character. It’s nice that the 1st time I knew him was on a RomCom drama n the last drama before his enlistment also a RomCom. Lee Gak will always be my number 1 so let’s see if Mu Gak can be my number 2. XD
Gak.jpg
Full "Prelude" here: JYJ CAFFEINE: [PRELUDE] THE GIRL WHO SEES SMELLS BY ROWEINA http://jyjcaffeine.blogspot.com/2015/03/prelude-girl-who-sees-smells.html?spref=tw

JYJ: Ichigo Ichie concert in Osaka

https://youtu.be/0dEiaMm2XsQ
Talk with English subs
Via Shia Kim

More from the Osaka concert here: JYJ CAFFEINE: JYJ Concert: Ichigo Ichie in Osaka http://jyjcaffeine.blogspot.com/2014/12/jyj-ichigo-ichie-in-osaka.html?spref=tw

BLUEstage @MickyMong6002 ND/NF Interview: Shim Sung-bo Talks About Taking The Helm On HAEMOO & Mentioned Park Yoochun http://twitchfilm.com/2015/03/ndnf-shim-sung-bo-talks-about-taking-the-helm-on-haemoo.html 
Embedded image permalink

class="headline" itemprop="name" ND/NF Interview: Shim Sung-bo Talks About Taking The Helm On HAEMOO Diva Vélez

Hmoo_1shTwitch-thumb-300xauto-54432.jpg

A box office hit in its native Korea, Shim Sung-bo's directorial debut, HAEMOO {Sea Fog} made its New York premiere at Lincoln Center's New Directors/New Films Festival.  Regarded for his screenwriting collaboration with Bong Joon-ho on the now-classic, Memories of Murder, Shim spoke with us about what it took to direct this first feature, having Bong as his producer, and casting one of Korea's top idols.

The Lady Miz Diva:  When you spoke of Bong Joon-ho before we began our interview, you called him your boss.  What is it like to work with him as the producer of HAEMOO, since you have been writing partners for so long?

Shim Sung-bo: 
It was like a big umbrella for me, definitely.  For example, the character of Chang-wook would not have been possible if Bong Joon-ho had not been present.  So, that's just one of a lot of examples.

LMD:  Was he supportive and encouraging when you decided to direct your first feature?

SSb:
  There really is not a defined line in Korea between an assistant director and a screenwriter.  So, one way of becoming a director is going through the position of scriptwriter.  It's just that in my case it took a little longer than some others, but that's also how complicated the development the Korean movie industry is right now.  Like there was this one script that I worked on for really long time that did not get made into a movie, and that was a love story between a man and a woman, and Bong read all the different versions of that script.  And I believe that my working on or making that type of a love story would serve me well in directing this type of movie in HAEMOO; I think that's why he recommended that I do this.

LMD:  Was the actual experience of directing different than what you had imagined before taking on this film?

SSb: 
It couldn't be more different.  Even when you try to be as detailed and specific in your script, when you actually got to the scene on the set, there would be so many holes, and those holes were mostly filled by the wonderful cast.

LMD:  Speaking of the wonderful cast, there's a rather famous pop music idol in your film...

SSb:
  Ah, {Park} Yoochun?

LMD:  Yes.  While he has done television dramas, I believe he only made a cameo appearance as himself in a movie years ago, so this is really his first feature acting role.  What was it about him that made you feel that this person was going to be my romantic lead?

SSb:
  I think he was kind of fearless, that was one reason.  He really projected this image of a good person, of goodness, and also I got really good vibes from him.  And it's not that we have a lot of male actors who are well into their 20s, and Yoochun really wanted to do this role.  And you know how if you're an idol, it's extremely difficult for an idol to feel fondness for this type of character.  

So, what we believed was, because he would be surrounded by the rest of the cast who are all veterans and amazingly experienced actors; we felt that as long as he could leave his schedule open, so he would have days to shoot together and work with the actors, they would be able to really fill in - that he would really be able to identify and kind of melt into the rest of the actors and be able to do his part just fine.  And he was really so into this movie, that except for a few little schedules that he had to do, he really was able to concentrate on this movie.  And from the level of his management company, that was a very difficult decision to make.

LMD:  The film goes to some very dark places at times, and as Yoochun is such a famous idol, I wonder if there was any pushback or hesitation from himself or his management about portraying some of the darker aspects of the film?

SSb:
  Not at all.

LMD:  Can you talk about working with Mr. Kim Yoon-seok on the role of the captain?  He's like a great mixture of Robert Shaw in JAWS and Captain Ahab from MOBY richard simmonsThe captain is always a seething, bubbling cauldron of emotions, but you never know how he's going to blow. What kind of notes did you give Mr. Kim regarding playing this character?

SSb:
  He and I talked a lot about the scenario.  So, after I met him and he signed on, I actually rewrote the script before we began to shoot, and in the rewrite, the keyword was pathos, or pathetic love.  And before the rewrite, the version before that actually had the captain becoming almost one with the sea fog and kind of attacking Dong-sik and Hong-mae almost like he was going to eat them up.  But during the rewrite, I decided to identify him with the boat - couple him with the boat.

LMD:  How does the Captain justify the things he does? Was he just going crazy? Is this the true essence of what it means to be evil? Thinking of that reminded me of MEMORIES OF MURDER, and I wondered if as a writer, you are fascinated by what drives people to the edge of sanity or morality?

SSb:
  I don't think there is any fully evil person in this movie.  We really never talked about it.  It was never spoken when we prepared this movie that we would be portraying any evilness.
The responsibility of a captain is to make the most realistic decisions and determinations.  It's just that it just happens that each of his choices sort of drove not only him, but other people into this kind of valley, into the swamp of tragedy, like a spiral.

LMD:  Watching this film, I couldn't help but be reminded of some similarities - perhaps in the morality of the crew, or the way certain things were handled on the ship with regard to the passengers - to the reports of the terrible Sewol ferry tragedy last year.  I wondered if there was any mention of that from the Korean media?

SSb: 
You know, I didn't even pay any attention to it.

LMD:  Now having wet your feet as a director, has it encouraged you to make more films?  Would you consider directing a screenplay you didn't write?

SSb: 
You know, what I really feel is that I do not have the ability to create something from absolutely nothing; so I really believe that I need to meet a great story first.  But I would like to do the adaptation myself, and I would like to direct that adaptation myself, as well.

LMD:  Do you have anything planned?

SSb:
  I can't disclose that because we are still getting the rights.

LMD:  What do you wish for HAEMOO to bring to international audiences?

SSb: 
You know, this movie is slated to open in some big markets, and there are some big markets for which this movie has yet to be decided when and whether it will open, but I think just overall, I'm just so encouraged and gratified by the positive reaction.  And what really makes me sort of happy and empowers me, is the fact that something that I really like, something that I really feel passionately about, is something that can be identified with. Something that is felt by other people, as well.  Especially internationally, and that is just an amazing feeling to know.

This interview is cross-posted on my own site, The Diva Review. Please enjoy additional content, including exclusive photos there.

Read more: http://twitchfilm.com/2015/03/ndnf-shim-sung-bo-talks-about-taking-the-helm-on-haemoo.html#ixzz3VNCz2pon

Archived