[Drama 2013] Goddess of Marriage 결혼의 여신

Guest jobogae

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SexyDolceVita

I was reading the posts in the chinese tieba forum of GoM...

Whoa... the members there are clearly on an apparent debate of whether jh should end up with tw or hw...

The two ships there are quite passionate in their comments and opinions...such that the thread owners or administrators can delete comments or replies that belonged to the opposing ship...

And such an action would result in a fiesty reply or comment almost instantly.

It is interesting to see GoM has such hardcore supporters but im kinda glad that by comparison, our soompi forum is less hostile than that GoM forum.

We exchange different opinions and even if we do not agree with each other entirely, we still respect each other's opinions with no ill intentions.

For this...i thank you guys for being so respectful and courteous with each other here!

Will miss you guys when this drama ends..

10 episodes left... :(

Guest SexyDolceVita

Episode 26...an analysis of tw's inner emotions

After watching the scenes of tw in episode 26...

I am quite certain tw feels betrayed, angry, jealous and upset with jh and hw.

Tw really suspects jh has been cheating on him with hw behind his back, even though he had told her he would not allow a second infidelity on jh's part.

Why do i think so?

Firstly, jh did not delete hw's number from her cell phone. She kept his number even after she was married to tw.

Why would you still keep an old lover's number?

Secondly, hw mentioned about the last time he met jh.

My god, hw was really getting jh into trouble by mentioning this!

Because tw is not an audience like us, he doesnt fully understand how hw and jh bumped into each other at the red light, and at the steak restaurant.

He doesnt know that jh and hw really did not contact each other for one year.

But to tw, it is a fact that jh had met hw recently and obviously she had been doing things behind his back.

what things?

Tw can only imagine...yes...with scary jealous undertones.

Thirdly, jh told hw about her america plan with tw. So their contact with each other at least traces all the way back to that period tw and jh were preparing to go to ny. And hw even knew that america was cancelled because hw wrote if jh is in america now, it would be really great then. This simply implies jh has been sharing things about kang family with hw!

But of course we audience know it is not true!

Jh didnt explicitly say the trip was cancelled and why it was cancelled. Hw simply inferred all of this on his own...

However, tw doesnt know the facts, it is understandable that he presumes jh had been sharing info of her life at kang family with hw...based on hw's msgs.

Fourthly, the last straw that breaks the camel's back --> jh's secret of working as a radio writer again.

This is a huge taboo for tw.

It implies jh rather shares her secrets with hw than her husband, tw.

An old lover, an adulterous male stranger actually knows about his own wife's secret while he doesnt!

Once again, tw is right to assume jh told hw her secret willingly.

Of course we all know jh didnt!

Hw was the one who guessed correctly merely by listening to the radio!

Sigh...so this is another unavoidable misunderstanding tw has of jh and hw.

Fifthly, tw's recollections of how jh was fighting with him to break off their engagement and cancel their wedding after her supposedly adulterous jeju trip simply reflect tw's inner suspicions of jh cheating on him the second time round.

Because the first time jh wanted to break up with tw, the way she said she was not the right fit for tw's family rings a bell with the words jh said in episode 24, when she was asking for a divorce.

To tw, the real reason behind jh's first strong headed attempt to break it off with him after her jeju trip was none other than this architect third party, hw...esp.since jh later claimed hw was not a mistake to her.

Now, after discovering hw's msgs, tw would infer and assume jh wanted to divorce him because of hw again!

Hence, in order to save his marriage, tw decided to meet hw to thrash things out.

Tw will not divorce jh for now because he thinks jh is cheating on him for the second time and he is going to lock jh up in their estate, so she wont have a chance to leave him and cheat on him with hw again...

Yes, tw is jealous, angry and feeling a heightened sense of betrayal due to the misunderstandings his mind has been conjuring based on jh's past and a man's logical assumptions.

I dont think tw has realised the true problems in his marriage with jh yet...

He is blinded by pride, family honour, reputation, his self esteem, jealousy, disgust at jh and hw's behaviour, a sense of betrayal by jh and last but not least, a possessive love towards jh, his wife....

Guest SexyDolceVita

Episode 26's tw seems to have returned to his jealous, angry self in episodes 8 and 9.

And if you look back at episode 10, where jh and tw are taking a walk by the lake...

Whatever ominous speculations jh has said and highlighted to tw really came true.

And whatever hopeful optimistic plans tw has said to jh did not come true...

Jh said after the wedding, tw will find her disgusting and repelling whenever he thinks about her affair with hw. This is going to happen in episodes 27 and 28.

She also said she didnt know how to do anything else besides writing and reading.

She was not confident of becoming a good wife, a good mom and a good daughter in law.

She would not be able to say lovely words to tw all the time.

She has a weird personality, she is sensitive and picky, she will be hard to handle for tw...

And she feared she will lose being herself because of her adultery guilt.

All of the above more and less had happened by now.

Jh has lost herself.

Jh has been trying hard to change herself but she cannot give up her writing urges.

Jh sometimes did give tw a hard time when they were alone.

Jh still thinks she is not the ideal daughter in law her mil wants...as she is berated every day by her.

Jh still doesnt enjoy doing household chores daily...

On the other hand...

Even though tw said jh can have five hours a day by herself, this didnt happen because she has to be on call 24/7 at the mercy of mil and hye jung.

And jh has also lost her job.

Tw said he has never seen jh not being herself so far, so she didnt have to worry about losing herself...

But for the past 16 episodes, he has been witnessing how jh has lost herself, her self identity and her confidence through the loss of her job and the torturing treatment by mil and hj.

That particular by the lake dialogue jh had with tw in episode ten was actually laying down the hints as to what wouldnt work in their marriage.... It was totally ominous of jh's tumultous married life with tw at kang family estate...

SexyDolceVita said: Episode 26...an analysis of tw's inner emotions

After watching the scenes of tw in episode 26...

I am quite certain tw feels betrayed, angry, jealous and upset with jh and hw.

Tw really suspects jh has been cheating on him with hw behind his back, even though he had told her he would not allow a second infidelity on jh's part.

Why do i think so?

Firstly, jh did not delete hw's number from her cell phone. She kept his number even after she was married to tw.
Why would you still keep an old lover's number?

Secondly, hw mentioned about the last time he met jh.
My god, hw was really getting jh into trouble by mentioning this!
Because tw is not an audience like us, he doesnt fully understand how hw and jh bumped into each other at the red light, and at the steak restaurant.
He doesnt know that jh and hw really did not contact each other for one year.
But to tw, it is a fact that jh had met hw recently and obviously she had been doing things behind his back.
what things?
Tw can only imagine...yes...with scary jealous undertones.

Thirdly, jh told hw about her america plan with tw. So their contact with each other at least traces all the way back to that period tw and jh were preparing to go to ny. And hw even knew that america was cancelled because hw wrote if jh is in america now, it would be really great then. This simply implies jh has been sharing things about kang family with hw!
But of course we audience know it is not true!
Jh didnt explicitly say the trip was cancelled and why it was cancelled. Hw simply inferred all of this on his own...
However, tw doesnt know the facts, it is understandable that he presumes jh had been sharing info of her life at kang family with hw...based on hw's msgs.

Fourthly, the last straw that breaks the camel's back --> jh's secret of working as a radio writer again.
This is a huge taboo for tw.
It implies jh rather shares her secrets with hw than her husband, tw.
An old lover, an adulterous male stranger actually knows about his own wife's secret while he doesnt!
Once again, tw is right to assume jh told hw her secret willingly.
Of course we all know jh didnt!
Hw was the one who guessed correctly merely by listening to the radio!
Sigh...so this is another unavoidable misunderstanding tw has of jh and hw.

Fifthly, tw's recollections of how jh was fighting with him to break off their engagement and cancel their wedding after her supposedly adulterous jeju trip simply reflect tw's inner suspicions of jh cheating on him the second time round.
Because the first time jh wanted to break up with tw, the way she said she was not the right fit for tw's family rings a bell with the words jh said in episode 24, when she was asking for a divorce.
To tw, the real reason behind jh's first strong headed attempt to break it off with him after her jeju trip was none other than this architect third party, hw...esp.since jh later claimed hw was not a mistake to her.
Now, after discovering hw's msgs, tw would infer and assume jh wanted to divorce him because of hw again!

Hence, in order to save his marriage, tw decided to meet hw to thrash things out.

Tw will not divorce jh for now because he thinks jh is cheating on him for the second time and he is going to lock jh up in their estate, so she wont have a chance to leave him and cheat on him with hw again...

Yes, tw is jealous, angry and feeling a heightened sense of betrayal due to the misunderstandings his mind has been conjuring based on jh's past and a man's logical assumptions.

I dont think tw has realised the true problems in his marriage with jh yet...

He is blinded by pride, family honour, reputation, his self esteem, jealousy, disgust at jh and hw's behaviour, a sense of betrayal by jh and last but not least, a possessive love towards jh, his wife....

[09-14-2013] Goddess of Marriage OST Live Concert during the LOTTE FAMILY FESTIVAL

[LIVE] Always - Park Wan Kyu

[LIVE] Someday - Jo Sung Mo (with MV posted in OST part 5 in the background :) )

[LIVE] Stay - Bada

To have a healthy, confident relationship you have to be confident about yourself, about your "value". Tae Wook has never had the opportunity to feel confident regarding JH simply because she does not love him nor has ever. I don't think she does not feel maybe attraction, some feelings...but she never loved him, and he has always known it, I think JH has been very cruel to him -the same as HW with SK-, because she may have given in regarding the marriage, but Tae Wok, IMO, has always known she did not marry him just "for him", even more, had she had not all that pressure from family/society/etc. probably she would not have married him. I regard JH decision about marrying TW as "objectifying" him, she did not consider Tae Wok as a person to share your life with, rather she married the view many people -her father, per example- had of him in her life. Tae Wok really is a lonely, very lonely person. Then to make things worse, JH had an affair - when they were supposedly talking about breaking up, if I don't remember incorrectly. I consider that given the state of the relationship when JH met HW maybe it's not that accurate to call that an "affair", the even talked openly about leaving each other: things were not good - never, even before HW. 
Where do you get strength if you have never had confidence enough from the start? I think that's why the "love" Tae Wok has over JH is also "objectifying", like in conquering something, not even communicating just possesing her, simply because that's the only way he can "have" her. They view each other this way, each one in their way. What I see in JH over the drama is that she slowly kind of began worrying about the person, Tae Wok himself. But not as in a love interest, friendly-kind of worrying. That's why I think she's so immature - you can not marry a person just because he's "nice", and yeah...kind of. Love is not enough to marry anyone, but going back just because "the family", "oh, poor Tae Wok", "he's been so nice I can´t hurt him" is being kind of disrespectful with Tae Wok in my opinion, when you respect somebody you just simply does not allow certain things that may put the other person in an indignifying state, you simply can't allow that, the other person is worth more than that.
What I don't like about JH and HW is that they are that kind of person that is so, so nice that they end up hurting others because hey, they are sooo, sooo nice, JH hurt Tae Wok and HW, SK. It doesn't justify other things like TW being so pathetic, but JH is not a victim 100%. I think what she has to learn as a character is this, and change her actions. Being overly passive it's just being irresponsible - to your life, yourself, to others.
I feel TW has the same problem with his family, the way he was brought up made him a lonely, with almost no confidence person, how can he stand up against them? If he were to develop it, I think he will be the first to accept his errors with JH, but also the first to leave her. I find Tae Wok position in their relationship to be one in which he's constantly put down, in a moral way, in the midst between JH and his family and by JH from the start - he does the same with her. JH may have lost her confidence, but TW never had one to start with. I think that' why he's the way he is, so low and passive, lonely and unable to handle anything.
I consider SK mother to be kick-richard simmons and awesome, maybe a little bit high-pitched voice but hey, I'll take a poshy person with guts over most of the characters of this drama aaaaany time B-)

Guest SexyDolceVita

To have a healthy, confident relationship you have to be confident about yourself, about your "value". Tae Wook has never had the opportunity to feel confident regarding JH simply because she does not love him nor has ever. I don't think she does not feel maybe attraction, some feelings...but she never loved him, and he has always known it, I think JH has been very cruel to him -the same as HW with SK-, because she may have given in regarding the marriage, but Tae Wok, IMO, has always known she did not marry him just "for him", even more, had she had not all that pressure from family/society/etc. probably she would not have married him. I regard JH decision about marrying TW as "objectifying" him, she did not consider Tae Wok as a person to share your life with, rather she married the view many people -her father, per example- had of him in her life. Tae Wok really is a lonely, very lonely person. Then to make things worse, JH had an affair - when they were supposedly talking about breaking up, if I don't remember incorrectly. I consider that given the state of the relationship when JH met HW maybe it's not that accurate to call that an "affair", the even talked openly about leaving each other: things were not good - never, even before HW. 

Where do you get strength if you have never had confidence enough from the start? I think that's why the "love" Tae Wok has over JH is also "objectifying", like in conquering something, not even communicating just possesing her, simply because that's the only way he can "have" her. They view each other this way, each one in their way. What I see in JH over the drama is that she slowly kind of began worrying about the person, Tae Wok himself. But not as in a love interest, friendly-kind of worrying. That's why I think she's so immature - you can not marry a person just because he's "nice", and yeah...kind of. Love is not enough to marry anyone, but going back just because "the family", "oh, poor Tae Wok", "he's been so nice I can´t hurt him" is being kind of disrespectful with Tae Wok in my opinion, when you respect somebody you just simply does not allow certain things that may put the other person in an indignifying state, you simply can't allow that, the other person is worth more than that.

What I don't like about JH and HW is that they are that kind of person that is so, so nice that they end up hurting others because hey, they are sooo, sooo nice, JH hurt Tae Wok and HW, SK. It doesn't justify other things like TW being so pathetic, but JH is not a victim 100%. I think what she has to learn as a character is this, and change her actions. Being overly passive it's just being irresponsible - to your life, yourself, to others.

I feel TW has the same problem with his family, the way he was brought up made him a lonely, with almost no confidence person, how can he stand up against them? If he were to develop it, I think he will be the first to accept his errors with JH, but also the first to leave her. I find Tae Wok position in their relationship to be one in which he's constantly put down, in a moral way, in the midst between JH and his family and by JH from the start - he does the same with her. JH may have lost her confidence, but TW never had one to start with. I think that' why he's the way he is, so low and passive, lonely and unable to handle anything.

I consider SK mother to be kick-richard simmons and awesome, maybe a little bit high-pitched voice but hey, I'll take a poshy person with guts over most of the characters of this drama aaaaany time B-)

I agree that JH only feels a sense of responsibility towards tw in their marriage.

in episode 23, jh told yeon soo that she was living the karma and retribution of her own decision...a sense of duty and responsibility was what her life was about in that house.

I thought in episode 19, when jh was thrilled and grateful to leave and start a new life in ny with tw...maybe she has really developed some feelings or love for tw, even as a wife...

But now...i think jh only feels entitled to be responsible for tw... it is not love...more like...since im his wife now, i should behave like his wife....and be there for him.

Whereas towards hw, it was true passion and love that oozed straight from jh's heart, mind, body and soul.

Love has no reason. Love needs no reason. Love doesnt need to have meanings too.

Tw's love for jh has no reasons too.

He is just so crazily attracted to her that he has to have her, simply because he is kang tae wook, there is nothing in this world that he cannot attain yet...

The more difficult it is to hold onto jh, the more he would want to conquer and attain jh.

Mainly to satisfy his high ego, high self esteem and pride.

This is why jh mentioned tw's heart is filled with obssession and not love...

But in tw's eyes, to him...it is love..which we cant deny too because each person has his or her own definitions of love...

A successful relationship for tw can only occur when the woman he loves returns his love willingly and in a situation without interference from his parents.

In that kind of harsh environment, no matter how much a woman loves tw...she will cease to love him over time when she finds no sense in living like this...

That, my friend, is the sad truth about tw's fate and destiny.

Unless he leaves his family, he will never find true love...

Guest SexyDolceVita

Just to clarify...jh did have an affair with hw...even though their one night stand happened during the "break"...

However...after she resumed her relationship with tw...she bumped into hw...tried to avoid hw and reject him...but later after getting belittled by tw's mom...she asked hw out to meet at 2.30am! That morning, while strolling by the river...they kissed passionately, albeit initiated by hw...

That my friend constituted an affair...even jh admitted herself later to tw, she did carry out an affair with hw.

Sigh... if jh totally broke off contact with hw after their bookstore surprise encounter, and married tw, then maybe there wasnt any affair, if it was conducted during that legitimate break....or cooling off period...

this drama should be retitled 'goddess of divorce or separation.' imagine 3 out of 4 marriages on the verge  of divorce or separation .  the only happy or harmonious marriage is between a dominant wife and a weak husband who earns less than the former . i am not a fan of jh, she could have said no to the marriage proposal of tw and went on with her aborted relationship with hw. but as hw said you can't do it because you came from a good family,  good background,  you can't disappoint people etc. etc.i  think what she really wanted was for hw to hang on to her , tell her to leave hw permanently she.made her bed, then she should lie in it. do they say in korean marriages '  in sickness or health, in good times and bad times till death do us part'. this is bad times for tw,  should she leave him now? i agree also that friendly texting between a former lover and a still married woman is in bad taste and faith.  that can be misconstrued as being unfaithful.  maybe they should really have a serioustalk about their future together .  also can somebody illuminate me on the nature of mothers in law in korea?  why do they hate their daughters in law to death?  as if they they are exacting revenge on them,  they must have been treated so badly by their mothers in law early on.  do these women really exist, can't they be reported for human rights violations?  there are labor laws on working hours, conditions, wages etc.  aren't daughters in law covered by all these?  what is th erationale behind the subhuman treatment of daughters in law by their mothers in law.in the case of hye jin, it was a case of karma, what you did in the past comes back.  however , while the pictures were really taken long before she got married to the richard simmons brod of tw they were really in bad taste.  didn't she think that in case of a bad break-up these pictures might haunt her in the future as they did.  why would they want to have pics taken while in bed, for a souvenir? there's something wrong with jh's values. moral of the story:  never have your pics or videos taken while in bedrooms or sex act be it with your partner ,  just to be safe , you might not end up with him and if these pics come out a lot of embarassing explanation has to be done to kids, family etc. etc.

I just finished watching the recent episode...the ending has left me excited....
The tension between Hyun Woo and Tae Wook...I wonder how their meeting will turn out.
I have a feeling that things will be a mess for Ji Hye..and she will have even more stress..
But aside from worrying about Ji Hye...I am excited to see what Hye Jung came up with.
Seems like she had planned this from day 1 of marriage! I love how they kept the bear...Jong Nam.
As for Eun Hee, her English cracked me up! Go girl! Show him what you're worth! Pil Ho is such a charming guy..
I hope Eun Hee gives him a chance if she will "ever" finalize the divorce. I will be mad if she goes back to the cheating husband.
Poor Jang Woo! He is torn between his mother and father but I think he sympathize with his mother more. <3 Sweet boy.
Ming Jung is such a gold digger. I am surprised that she grew up that way...since Ji Sun is such a good person.
By the way, what happen to Min Jung's brother? and little sister? They disappeared LOL.

Guest SexyDolceVita

p6e9.jpg
When i look at this photo, why am i rooting for them again?what a good looking couple seriously!please produce a new light hearted romantic drama for these two!please make sure they will end up together in that one! argh... they look so tragically in love here...my pendulum effect is acting up again...
can they make a clone of jh...so the clone can end up with tw? as much as i find him scarily stubborn sometimes, i kinda pity him at the same time...
this drama is making a schizophrenic patient out of me... urgh...

SexyDolceVita said: I agree that JH only feels a sense of responsibility towards tw in their marriage.
in episode 23, jh told yeon soo that she was living the karma and retribution of her own decision...a sense of duty and responsibility was what her life was about in that house.

I thought in episode 19, when jh was thrilled and grateful to leave and start a new life in ny with tw...maybe she has really developed some feelings or love for tw, even as a wife...

But now...i think jh only feels entitled to be responsible for tw... it is not love...more like...since im his wife now, i should behave like his wife....and be there for him.

Whereas towards hw, it was true passion and love that oozed straight from jh's heart, mind, body and soul.
Love has no reason. Love needs no reason. Love doesnt need to have meanings too.

Tw's love for jh has no reasons too.
He is just so crazily attracted to her that he has to have her, simply because he is kang tae wook, there is nothing in this world that he cannot attain yet...
The more difficult it is to hold onto jh, the more he would want to conquer and attain jh.
Mainly to satisfy his high ego, high self esteem and pride.

This is why jh mentioned tw's heart is filled with obssession and not love...

But in tw's eyes, to him...it is love..which we cant deny too because each person has his or her own definitions of love...

A successful relationship for tw can only occur when the woman he loves returns his love willingly and in a situation without interference from his parents.

In that kind of harsh environment, no matter how much a woman loves tw...she will cease to love him over time when she finds no sense in living like this...

That, my friend, is the sad truth about tw's fate and destiny.
Unless he leaves his family, he will never find true love...

Archived