Xperimental Productions (US AUDITION)

Guest xperimentalproductions

As is the case, I missed the above statement. I'm sorry, I'm human too. However, you are still guilty of false adversiment. It might not be said explicitly, but it certainly IS implied.

Go read that poster and the first post and you tell me how many African American, Mexican, or White people are going to audition.

I'm done. This isn't worth my time.

Why do you make a big deal out of something that isn't?

If you think it's racial discrimination, go cry in a corner.

There are other opportunities for various races and this one happens to be open to Asians. How is it so unfair? You go find the chance in which you fulfill the requirement and don't complain about ones you don't fit in. :rolleyes: I find it quite annoying.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest appledapple

do you consider women's groups to be WRONG? Do you consider exclusivity to the NAACP WRONG?

Membership in the NAACP is NOT exclusive, btw. Just wanted to point that out....

But I agree with yours and others sentiments; there is nothing wrong with a company having a concept that they want to try. It's their money and musical works. There are many companies with opportunities for all races, if it bothers you and you are an aspiring musician, make a demo and buy the Songwriter's Market.

Another "oh you're discriminating" argument. SENO, there's many opportunities for you out there, why must you choose this to pick on? You think you have less opportunies than asians? Come on, wake up to reality.

Guest Sakura Li

This sounds awesome but I definitely won't be trying out. Mainly because over the past few years, I've lost practically all of my interest in American music. Also I suck at singing. XD Good luck to everyone and good luck to you Hana!! ^^

Guest smirk_it

Why do you make a big deal out of something that isn't?

If you think it's racial discrimination, go cry in a corner.

There are other opportunities for various races and this one happens to be open to Asians. How is it so unfair? You go find the chance in which you fulfill the requirement and don't complain about ones you don't fit in. :rolleyes: I find it quite annoying.

I have a smiliar story of my annoyance when people play the race card on me, as much as it doesn't have to do with music.

I was working the otherday and an African American lady said "Where are all the Mahogany Cards?" Mahogany cards are cards for African American people. Unfortunetly, we put them along with other cards away so that we can put up our christmas cards for the season. Low and behold she gets on her "nice" attitude and goes "nice diversity you guys have" and rolls her eyes thinking that I did not see. At that moment i wanted to punch the crap out of her. God they don't even have cards for asians in that store, and she gets pissed just because we put away the mahogany cards for awhile until chrismas is over. god, just god.

TO Seno: deal with it. racism is wrong, but just because its wrong, you don't have to put out the race card in every situation.

Guest NotFromThisPlanet

lets start posting about things that are in reference to the topic subject. lets not turn this into a race debate.

good luck to everyone who is considering trying out.

Guest sikkony

Uh they said they worked with them, not owned them. :huh:

Their credits are on songs for a lot of SM artists, such BoA's "My Prayer" on her 4th album and "Beauitful Life," "Love is never gone," "Free Your Mind" on DBSK's 2nd album, with credits to Young-Hu Kim and William Pyon and other writers/composers.

They've also contacted me personally.

I think YOU'RE not valid. :rolleyes:

Well I was sold on K-PopMiko's photo scan so thanks to that.

Are you getting paid by this Ent to back them up or something? I'm asking for proof. The fact that their banners looks unprofessional (no offence Xperimental Ent) and they didn't spark a result within a Google search it was hard to beleive. I'm sure if you looked at it this way from my perspective, you would understand. That and it was hard to beleive a professional music ent. posting in a forum like this. I was only half skeptical though, since they actually posted contact details but still, scams happen and it has happened before. So please, don't post these childish flame bait posts to me and others, because really they're are not needed. I noticed you were contacted by Xperimental Ent yourself, so I can see why you're so "defensive" on their behalf.

Anyways all the best to all auditioners :). Too bad it's restricted to the US. Knocks out a majority of talented singers from here.

Should singing on the video be acapella or with an instrumental track?

Sorry if I'm getting way too detailed.

Thank you for bringing that up. Video can be acapella or with an instrumental track.

If you play any instrument, you can sing with an instrument.

.. no it's good cause i was wondering the same thing .. and should the song be korean, english, both?

The song can be in any language as long as you can speak decent English.

This is because we do not want to contribute to the stereotypes of Asians who

are portrayed by American media as foreiners who can't speak the language.

However, your talent matters more than any other assets.

too bad I'm on the east coast T_T but yeh good luck to those that are trying out =]

Although the open auditions are held in California, you can still audition through Video submission.

There is no regional restriction.

Thank you for your interest. We encourage all of you to take a chance and support our dream. ;)

I kind of agree with their posters/banners being unprofessional. But I'm just way too picky on these kinds of things. I'm not going to say anything else I don't like getting into fights ^^0 The scan is proof so there wouldn't be any point arguing anyway.

Good luck to anyone who tries out because there are so many people here who could make it.

So uh...yeah. Have fun you guys and if any of you get through don't forget Soompi.

I guess here is my input. I'm not trying to cause no debate or anything, just my thoughts I guess.

I'm sure we have all scene this in Korean drama's one time or another. A scam production company going as far as even setting up an office that makes them look like a real company. Sure they don't ask for money in the beggining, but once they convince u, and they say u have potential, during the training process they are going to ask for some form of money. They get u all hyped up, making it seem like if u don't pay, u wont be tommorow's biggest star. And one day when u go back to the office, u see the office empty, with all the furniture toppled, with the other people that got ripped off saying "where's my money". Its a scene I'm sure we've all seen, but unfortunatly happens way to often in the entertainment industry.

Also the whole thing people are giving as evidence on the SM CD's having "xperimental productions" sited there. I mean, for wat we know they could have just looked at an SM singers CD and been like "wow, theres a company called xperimental productions, lets use it as our name". I mean, its not that hard, u can do it, I can do it, and we can claim it is us, and make a website out of it too.

Theres a Korean old saying "a scam artist doesn't say they are a scam artist directly" " 도둑이 언제 자기가 도둑이라고 하냐?"

Anyways, I'm not tryin to prove or disprove anyone, and I'm not really trying to disprove Xperimental is legit or not. My main point is I guess, just becareful of whatever u do , and make smart decisions. Theres a lot of great talented people on here, and I wish them the best.

• 3 weeks later...

Last open audition on Friday Dec 16th at 7pm(video submission by Dec 15th).

Don't miss your chance to pursue your dream!

Xperimental team

Guest kokoling

Ah...not a pop singer. I sing pop sometimes, but I'm just not diva enough to be a pop singer.

Good luck to those of you who do try out though.

Archived