Xperimental Productions (US AUDITION)

Guest xperimentalproductions

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest NotFromThisPlanet

I still think it's fishy.

so do I.

its natural for others to be skeptical of this also. the website doesnt offer much information other than the artists theyve worked with, and the advertisement for the contest is rather vague too.

and anyone can tell you to look at a website and compare to what a cd liner says.

in my opinion, i would want more information and proof this companym is legit and isnt a scam. more proof than mentions of artists theyve worked with.

There is no scam involved because we do not ask for any money at all...those that are interested are more than welcome to try out and audition, those that are skeptical can choose not to

I don't understand what more you're asking for. Go look up their names in the artists' booklets yourself or something. As they said, if you are skeptical, don't do it.

I just looked through Group S, Shinhwa 4, SES 5 CD's.. and I couldn't find XP.... hmm, maybe I'm blind but I looked at every little writing there is. Or maybe they didn't work with them on those CD's.

Edit -

Ah, thanks for the proof K-popMiko. It's enough to convince me.

Guest K-popMiko

HERE'S PROOF! For anyone who is still skeptical.

For all you people who own DBSG's 3rd Storybook, the one released after DBSG's 1st Album, Triangle, you'd see in the lyrics in the back, that the following is included:

The beautiful "Whatever They Say" was written by Young-hu Kim, Xperimental Productions.

sample03cp.jpg

I could scan up the rest of the pages in the storybook if you guys need more proof.

Guest fantasiimaker

^ Thanks for the proof =) And wow, Whatever They Say <3 my all-time favorite DBSG song. You've made me more tempted to try this, heheh.

Guest xperimentalproductions

It is very unfortunate that many of the singing talents are skeptical about auditions due to scams. However, we do understand that it is best to research and find out about the company.

To briefly explain about us, we have been in the music industry for 7 years as a production team/publishing company/recording studios owner. After many successful projects and expansion, we felt that we were ready to launch our long awaited dream; to bring up Asian stars in U.S. mainstream market.

It has only been a year since Xperimental Entertainment was registered as a company so, many of you might not find too much information about us. But we are not interested in petty training fees or recording fees because our dream is so much more than just making money. We are eager to find Asian talents that can bring hope and honor to Asian communities, and that is the reason why we don't even ask for audition fees like other companies. Once agian, NO FEES REQUIRED throughout the whole process.

If you believe you have what it takes to become a pioneer, all you need to do is to call or email for an audition or if you're not in town, you can send us video footage of you singing/dancing.

Thank you

Young-hu Kim(XPERIMENTAL ENTERTAINMENT)

ps. Hana, if you do try out, I would look forward to see yours very much.

*edit*

Seno, there is no racial restrictions. We are looking for all potentials.

Guest xmirii--

wow i would really like to try this, but i dont live in cali and i was in an accident about a month ago... so i dont look my best to be on video either >_____>;; i would sing clips and post them but iono how to use this tech. >____>;; g`luck to anyone tryout though! =]

:D I am most definitely considering it at this time.

Could you give more specifics about what should be in a profile and what should be taped on a video (just singing or some dancing? some introduction?)

The one thing I don't understand is why this is only looking for an Asian singer. There are plenty of talented singers from other backrounds that would be just as happy for this kind of an opportunity. The more I think about this, the more it bothers me. If it is true that this competition is open to only Asian/Asian-Americans, then that's discrimination, and its wrong.

Pick people because of their talent, their nationality or cultural backround shouldn't be a factor.

their mission is to help in producing the first big asian music star in the states.. at least that's what i'm getting... and it's their mission to do so. they know what they want and they're going for it..

there hasn't been a big asian star in the U.S. market and i htink from an asian's perspective it's like "how great would it be if we as asians were able to make it big in the u.s." i've even thought of this myself, "what if i were to be the first asian star" (not that i ever would be)

don't be upset about it..

Guest ny-sw / ny_sw.

Seno: It's more or less opening a door for the asians out there because other ethnicities do get a chance. you only see white chicks in the music industry, and frankly, they stink.

talent is a factor, but ethnicity is a requirement. if you're not asian, you DO have other labels you can try out for.

Yeah, and if your Asian ther ARE other laybels you can try out for as well. Asians do get chances. Just because someone hasn't been sucessful yet doesn't mean the chances aren't out there.

All I'm saying is, it is WRONG to have nationality as a requirement. TALENT should be the ONLY FACTOR.

Guest fantasiimaker

you only see white chicks in the music industry, and frankly, they stink.

In the American music industry. And they do not all "stink" =/ Plus there are just as many talented African-American artists, so not only "white chicks" either.

I think it's really up to the entertainment company who's calling the auditions to choose what type of people they want. That's what they DO, anyway. They try to find their ideal people to produce into succesful artists. If the goal of Xperimental is to produce a popular Asian-American artist, I think that's a fine and noble goal. There ARE plenty of other record labels/companies who have very different visions, and there WILL be a disadvantage for Asians in most other big companies, no matter what you say =/ After all, the majority race in the U.S. is still Caucasian.

The country chooses the race of their artists, Seno, so you can't say talent should be the only thing that matters =/ Even though it'd be nice if that were true. But most often, it isn't, so there isn't much we can do about it.

For example, YG Family Auditions in LA and New York:

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13888

They're almost certainly going to accept only Koreans. Do you think that's unfair too?

Yes. I think that anything that excludes people in wrong. People should be able to join any group if they want to. Thats why girls are allowed to be Boy Scouts and vise versa.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be an Asian pop star. I personally would be very pleased to see one! However, a contest that is racially discriminating is wrong.

Guest SailorBoy62

*edit*

Seno, there is no racial restrictions. We are looking for all potentials.

^I'm glad to see everyone looked at the posts.

Anyways, it sounds interesting, and I for one am excited and interested in doing it.

As is the case, I missed the above statement. I'm sorry, I'm human too. However, you are still guilty of false adversiment. It might not be said explicitly, but it certainly IS implied.

Go read that poster and the first post and you tell me how many African American, Mexican, or White people are going to audition.

I'm done. This isn't worth my time.

Archived