Things he said

Guest piaoyi

Guest piaoyi

I can't believe the things my boyfriend said in 1 day can richard simmons me off so much. These day I'm feeling more annoyed at him. And I don't know how much I can stand. Please let me know if it's my problem or if it's normal.

So I told him that one of my fairly old coworkers said my skirt was too short today. And my bf said "sexy isn't by the amount of clothes you wear." So I replied "what? No... It's not short and I even wore tights." Then he went on to say that he was just being metaphorically. And that I always take things too literally. Ok..... Who wouldn't at that context.

Next we're eating and I told him to try the soup. He was about to anyways. And he said "why do you always say things I was planning to do already. Is it because you want to control me?" I said no. Just I didn't notice. But he went on to keep questioning me. So I changed the subject. And he said "you always change the topic when it's unfavorable for you." Again...who doesn't and why is there a need to drag this on.

Next he asked me how to tell Asians apart because he only can tell those Asians that are the same as him. Everyone else, he can't really tell he said. So I said its hard these days because lots of people are mixed. And he said not so much his own ethnicity. And I said its not true, there are some. And he said that's a minority here. So I said one of my friend is mixed with his ethnic. And he said "why do you go off topic? I'm not talking about people you know or those abroad. You should study more logic...can't even debate with you." Again...why does he have to make such a big deal. People go off topic all the time. And of course those in the country are more pure. Whatever.

So is it my problem or his? It's kind of not enjoyable talking to him these days. Seems like he always has to get the upper hand on me.... And he complains we have communication problems

It sounds like he's trying to argue with you so no, I don't think it's just your problem. Have you tried talking to him about this? 

Guest bombb_

you did only share your perspective, but it does seem like he's irritated and is consequently being a jerk.
i think honesty is the best policy. ask him what's up, and if he insists on not talking..then you do what's best for you.

Guest morelovee

It sounds like he has a hunch on his shoulder/ something thats bothering him (maybe something to do with you) but he wont say it so he picks out the little things you do so he has an excuse to be mad with you. He's clearly blowing things out of proportions

Guest xFloOwuffBB

Wow yeah, he's definitely blowing things out of proportion. I've dealt with this kind of thing before.. sounds like he's really hot-headed, or easily angered. You need to confront him about this, definitely. If he's the one complaining about things you definitely need to speak up.
And has he always been kind of like this? Or just out of nowhere?

honestly, i seen this type of behaviour lots of times. usually it is because there is resentment, he doesnt like you, deep deep inside there is a part of him that just really doesnt like you. 
it could be that he is getting tired of you, the sexual excitement is gone, or he doesnt find u attractive anymore. it could be a bunch of reasons, probably half of which could actually be something you contributed too. 
i dont think he should be treating u that way for no reason unless he was joking around with you and u guys simply don't mix well together, dont understand eachother.
first u should examine what you have been doing, have u been nagging him about anything? have u shown affection for him recently? have u given him any reason to feel jealous or unloved? if you really cant figure it out, u should bring this up to him before u explode, cuz once u hide it untill u burst, that is when u already hate him and the relationship is OVER. even if it might be a small misunderstanding right now that could be squashed with one simple conversation.
so think about yourself first, communicate second, and if that guy really just makes no sense, just leave it will never work out anyways. save urself the time.

I would ask him what his problem is. He sounds irritated or something... he looks ready to fight with you.

Is something else bothering him, like school or work? Maybe he's stressed and taking it out on you.

Guest pooface

I think the skirt thing is his opinion and that what he said can be true. Maybe hes fed up with arguring, Im not sure but he sound a bit like my boyfriend. I am not happy atm in my relationship. I hope hes not that bad. But he seems fed up and trying to argue. I dont know what his problem. Think he wants to be the man.

Guest kels.huns

Just try your darnest to laugh - laugh at him and say in your sweetest, "Ouch, why are you so mean to me?"

I've always wanted to do that when I'm annoyed by my bf.... maybe 1/100 time I actually go do the sweet girl talk, lol. I guess the longer you know someone, the easier it is run into a communication conflict. He is just too comfortable with you. He treats you like one of his guy friends, I'm guessing.

Guest hearthealer

^ Communication issues rarely happen between guy friends, it's probably one of those different genders, different ways of talking about things issue....either that or he wants to break up with you but doesn't want to be the one who does it, and therefore picks fights hoping that one day you'll have enough and leave. Or it could be neither lol, as i always advise in relationship issue threads, sit down with him and talk about things...communication people, so important

• 6 months later...

Archived