++Glamourous Sky++

Guest Sou

filling a request + NANA love
Soundclick it here! yeah. i know. everyone's done this song and most have crashed and burned. ><;; David requested I do it, to see if I would fail too, I'm sure. I dunno. I think it came out pretty well. ><;;; mixed by david as well. Lemme know what you think, ne. ^^ <3<3

><" Sou, can I sing like you? You didn't fail, and if anyone says you did I'll shout at them :blink:

It's really really good. <3 your r's xD Listen for them if I ever post up another clip because I'm gonna start copying you :P

The mixing is great and your style on this song makes it awesome. I like Fiona and your covers of this song better than the original. :D

<33

This is one of the best covers of this song!!

You have such a Jrock-ish quality to your voice :3

the "nemurenai yo" part always sounds weird in any version, tho'... but yours is still the best and closest to Mika's which I really liked...

Your voice singing this song... it's just such a cool effect, and some nuances in the song that Mika didn't make clear really show up in your cover ^_^

However, one part that kinda bugged me was how you held out all the notes at the ends of phrases and then dragged them flat... I dunno... I would've liked it better if you did it less often...

but other than that, great job!

Guest photodaisy

Oooh! You sound so pretty...I would so totally butcher this song if I sang it.

I love your singing though. Your rolling "R"s annoy me a bit...but the songs nice and you have a nice voice. ^_^

"Nemurenai yo" was okay...good compared to others...and definitely mine. ^_^

This is probably the 2nd best cover of this song I've heard. Good job Sou!!! I'm always impressed with your tracks, they all sound so professional.

This is what I felt could use come adjustment:

The first is kind of just sang right through, and it all sounds the same. I'm not sure how to put it, it's like there's no emtion in that part. I always felt that, for example, the 'ah' part was a little softer than the verse, but you just sang it rigt through, and to me that just felt wrong.

I'm not really sure if it's your dialect or not, but in two places, you might have misspronounced a word. I don't know anything about Fukuoka-ben, I'm just studying your traditional Japanese, but in both the words PUDDLE and BATTLE, you pronounced puddero and battoro, and to my knowledge it should be pudderu and batteru. Of course, it could just be your dialect in which case I know nothing.

"Nemurenai yo" sounds a little too strong.

THE BG VOCALS AT THE END ARE MY FAVOURITE. I absolutly love the BG vocals you do, they absolutly amaze me every time. TEACH ME HOW. ^^;;;

Guest thesarahchong

Wow. I just adore your voice and the quality (not only mic, but voice quality) is so perfect. Of course, I'm not Japanese so it's a shame I can't understand what you're singing-- but it's beautiful. It sounds definitely professional.

Guest fantasiimaker

However, one part that kinda bugged me was how you held out all the notes at the ends of phrases and then dragged them flat... I dunno... I would've liked it better if you did it less often...

^I agree yo~ *nods*

And also the Rs lol x_x which I know you're sick of hearing people saying, but I believe it's definitely something you could change and improve, not like a native accent you can't get rid of. Even Shiina Ringo doesn't really have that pronounced of a rolling R, I think. And if you think it's unfair for people to judge your songs based on the Rs...well, it IS a part of the overall effect you give when you sing, so it's something people will be conscious of no matter what. If you feel like changing it to make people happy, great. If you want to stick to your "roots" no matter what, even better XD

Totally different from Fiona's, this. I think the two of you are pretty much on the same level with your renditions (in terms of how well you pulled the song off, in your own ways).

Nice job =]

*edit: Seno~ who's the 1st best, Kimi? 8D

Guest babiixru

agree with the flattness at the end of phrases; i love how you sing the high notes with full power!!! the beginning sounded a little too soft coming from you, but it sounds nice. your background vocals are amazing girl good job <3

Guest sikkony

Nope, #1 GLAMOROUS SKY goes to Tsumi!

Wow, just listened to Fionna's rendition and now listened to yours.

I reckon yours was very good indeed. I love your vocal creaks. Alot of rolled Rs too haha but it's great. Very solid, but sounds a bit rushed (I don't know - doesn't sound as complete as your other performances). Haha I love at one bit it sounded like you went nuts for a sec but it was funny yet good haha (I think at 2:35).

I really like that. Top stuff. =]~

Archived