Ji Hyun Woo 지현우

tessieroo

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@pluie625 @liangssLet's see - "Merry Mary" was in 2007 so he woulda been been 23? (2 years younger than I am now) Ummm...he must be either very professional, very brave or not very shy about his body at all.  =))
@Aisling - I'm having a blast digging through my older folders! I still don't feel right calling him "Oppa", it just feels weird. =))
His tongue first made an appearance in 2009:
JHWMPY.png

:D

Oh, isn't ATK EP 9 when my lovely WooBineeee takes all those photos of shoes for her? And he starts calling himself "Popeye". *hee* WooBin was so friggin awesome at the beginning of this drama, I loved him. (another perfect boyfriend character for JHW) Too bad the writer destroyed him. 
Who is taking off his shirt?  :-?

@tessierooIt was a typo... of course I meant "he" not "she" :D Up until what episode is he going to be awesome? :D And why did they mess up his character (the same thing happened to JIW's character in My fair lady, his fans were pretty pissed)?
Well, I don't know who was his make-up artist but she did a really bad job. The foundation she used seemed to be much darker and not fitting his skin tone. Also... I got used to his short hair... but the color!! Why red? Do any guys still dye their hair to red color anymore? That's so passé! I would fire both make-up artist and hairdresser! :D
Thank god his foundation was much more better in QIHM :D

OMG, I hate a person who styled his hair like that. WTH did they do with his beautiful hair??? 
Tess, I don't think I can finish ATK. I'm only watching JHW parts and I already dislike that show. Such poorly written characters... sigh,,, Everytime I watch ATK I get mad , so I have to go rewatch JHW in QIHM to calm myself down. Geez, they should fire people who chose projects for him.

Hmm..I can't remember which episode of ATK it starts to all go down into hell for his character but it's hard to watch. Maybe you should watch a fun JHW character? Have you seen "My Precious You" - that one he plays a dentist who's a total PLAYA. 
It's hilarious to watch him in that role, so different from his normal self. Plus Song Joong-ki plays his younger brother. *hehehehe* You can watch it here:
http://www.gooddrama.net/korean-drama/my-precious-you
Have you seen any of the scenes in ATK with Chan Noh? (the little boy) Those 2 are ADORABLE together. There were some super cute BTS of them together too. They interviewed that little boy and he said he loved JHW. HAHAHA! All the little kids he works with love him. Oh, and that little girl from Star Golden Bell? She's in "My Precious You". 
Is this the scene you're talking about him dancing? I didn't get this one: why would he take her to a friggin club in the middle of the day? Lame. Stupid writer, stupid plot. 
ATKbts9.jpg
ATKdancescene.jpg
ATK4.png

Guest kayana20

His ATK co-star and he are good friends, I don't think there was ever a doubt, rumor or suspicion in anyone's mind about them. (she's very happily married with a young daughter) They did have amazing screen chemistry and he was good at making her laugh - most of the photos or videos I've seen of them together, she's laughing! I think he's good at making all his leading ladies laugh which makes them comfortable. 
I wanna say that photo was from his Fly High movie? I'm not sure. 
@liangss - yea, there's a gif floating around Baidu somewhere that in the movie "Attack of the Gas Station 2" he flashed his bare butt. *hee* I'll see if I can find it. Or maybe @Aisling saved it?

EDIT: Found it - it's here at the bottom of this page:
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1613589201?pn=9

EDIT AGAIN: it's from the drama "Merry Mary"

Guest liangss

@aisling @tessieroo
I heard fans recalled that JHW was very depressed during the shooting of ATK, even his tweet was filled with famous encouraging sayings to encourage himself ... not only all because of the crying scenes, but also the movie Mr Idol did not have good ratings, also the drama ATK did not have good ratings ... 
he suffered a lot before shooting QIHM and now he deserves recognition of good acting and enjoying the beautiful love with YIN ... 
their real life is better than romantic drama!!

@kayana20 @tessieroo @liangssCan you guys tell me how is his story going to unfold? I'm watching ep 18 now, but I can't truthfully warm up to Woo Bin - I know not every leading man can be flawless as Boong Do, but truthfully I kept comparing all his characters to Boong Do :D I don't like that Woo Bin's constantly stalking her, he's constantly grabbing her wrist, he's yelling at her... I just can't stop myself from thinking "This is not what BD would do" =))
The thing I hate about Korean dramas is that once leading men fall in love they have no life except for stalking his love interest or brooding in the dark. I also want to know ATK writer's name because I want to make sure I will never watch any drama written by her(him).
I absolutely hate how they ruined his beautiful hair. And they really did such a poor job with his make-up. Yes, I have to rant again. His face was really thin and his cheeks were so hollow at that time, but instead of using lighter foundation to brighten up his face they chose to use a darker shade. WTH???!
Thank God I wasn't watching ATK when it was airing. I think I would be pissed and throwing things all the time. ATK really almost ruined his career. He was so depressed during and after that drama. Thank god he didn't leave for army after ATK. Can you imagine having such a crappy project as the last project before heading to army? 
I loved QIHM wholeheartedly before, but now I worship that show. QIHM saved both his career and personal life. This must be FATE.

Guest kayana20

@aisling @tessieroo

I heard fans recalled that JHW was very depressed during the shooting of ATK, even his tweet was filled with famous encouraging sayings to encourage himself ... not only all because of the crying scenes, but also the movie Mr Idol did not have good ratings, also the drama ATK did not have good ratings ... 

he suffered a lot before shooting QIHM and now he deserves recognition of good acting and enjoying the beautiful love with YIN ... 

their real life is better than romantic drama!!

I'm praying when he comes back from army he'll have a better luck in picking projects. QIHM is the best work of his life and I doubt he'll have another opportunity to shoot such a perfect drama again. But I hope he'll pick dramas that will be better than ATK.
I wonder whether rumours about his contract with Paramount music ending in July 2012 are true?

@liangss - yea, I heard that he was depressed & exhausted after ATK too. I'm so happy he won an award for his role in that one, it kinda made up for how much ATK sucked. (LOL)
@kayana20 - You're here! *hee* My partner in misery from ATK! Those were some long weekends we pulled watching that horrible mess. The quick flash of his butt was hilarious but nothing to write home about. Ahahahaha! 
@Aisling - you're at EP 18 already? GASP, STOP NOW! Seriously, you do not want to watch anymore! (wait, @kayana20 - is the bed scene in EP 20?) You need to stop watching after the bed scene. It gets really bad and never get better. Not only did this writer suddenly make WB a spineless idiot but she didn't stop until she had completely destroyed his character and every person watching ATK hated him. I was stupid enough to stick it out, I kept thinking things would finally turn around? Nope, never did. 
WB is the typical "nice guy, rich family, nice life" type of k-drama character. (the ones who always grab on to the girls wrist and demand things from her) I loved WB because of his interactions with her son. 
@kayana20 - I agree, I hate MBC. I'm not very impressed with KBS or SBS either. My new love is tvN. :D@Aisling - I pray that when he comes back, he keeps picking his OWN projects. 

Guest kayana20

I'm praying when he comes back from army he'll have a better luck in picking projects. QIHM is the best work of his life and I doubt he'll have another opportunity to shoot such a perfect drama again. But I hope he'll pick dramas that will be better than ATK.
I wonder whether rumours about his contract with Paramount music ending in July 2012 are true?

Our namja should be wearing purple hanbok more often... I can't get over how ******* hot he looks in that purple hanbok.... Gosh....
And yeah... I was so depressed while watching ATK so I need to rewatch QIHM :D
BTW I already wrote that in InHyun thread - he was cast like 2 weeks after he finished ATK. So I really wonder id he went through the audition at all. It was like writer Song wanted him as a leading man and he agreed right away. 

@aisling I have the feeling as you when I was watching ATK it was so depressing and it made me so angry. I liked it at first though. How he fell in love with a woman who's still married with a child. His interaction with Chan Noh was really touching and he'll make a better dad than his real father. The writer made him pathetic to the point that you will hate him, so I stopped when everything went wrong and just watched the last episode. 
You know the feeling when we watched QIHM, right? the good feeling that makes you giddy and happy and smile even on the bus, and people would think you're crazy coz you're smiling by yourself? That kind of feeling, only it's the opposite, and it was so depressing. And I'm so glad that there's no annoying 3rd wheel in QHIM, no complicated relationship with in-laws.

@Aisling - I agree, I hated his hair in ATK. (way too short for me, he looked 10 years older than he is) I didn't mind the color so much as the length? I like longer hair on guys, I don't know why they want it cut so short, they look like an ajusshi. 
Handsome Oppa (OMG, I said the "O" word again) 
JHWINVL26.jpg

@tessierooDon't you dare to say that "O" word again! =)) =))  We agreed not to call him that... =)) I told you we're getting too emotional... 
OMG, no... I WILL NOT imagine myself calling him like that... nooooo........ you've ruined me!!!

Archived