Wasians/Wannabe Asians.

Guest harako

Guest Kittykitt129

^I'm sure there's those who think that about me, lol.

It's sorta funny that the guy would like you just for your race...but there's alot of that anyway.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JambaJuice

I'm totally fine with non Asians interested in Asian culture like cosplayers and those who want to learn the language.

I hate those wasian girls OR guys who overuse the phrases like 'kawaii.' (*throws up piece sign while squinting and using a annoying high pitched voice) Ugh, JESUS SAVE THEM. It's OK at first but when they keep on doing it, it's like... Can I slap you?

Guest shenrou

as long as they are not pretending to be an ethinicity other then their own,then anything else dont matter ,and if asians have problem still even if the person knows what their ethnicity and isnt pretending to be some other one then thats just stupid and it just shows you lack self esteem in yourself because you care what other think people think about this like your embarrsed by it..

some people here have issues..and need to open their minds.

if you got to know these people u call wannabes you would find they are nice people ,its like you just wanna judge the book by its cover..

btw im not talking about myself when i say this

Guest CitrusFlower

^I'm sure there's those who think that about me, lol.

It's sorta funny that the guy would like you just for your race...but there's alot of that anyway.

Their are Asians here who would like Korean/Japanese people just for their race

Its cool if they wanna learn another culture besides their own

It shows how open-minded they are and shows signs of globalizations

but on the other hand...

i hate it when random non-asian people go up to each other and say "oppa" "noona" "unnie" "hyung" especially to me -.-

or only know one or two phrases in another language like "saranghae"

to me i find it a bit irritating

It shows how open-minded they are and shows signs of globalizations

but on the other hand...

i hate it when random non-asian people go up to each other and say "oppa" "noona" "unnie" "hyung" especially to me -.-

YES I agree with this comment

and if you're going to speak it at least know something more than a couple of catch phrases ;/

hmm..i see more asians that want to be black than whites that want to be asian..maybe you should start worrying about your own kind and not others

and 'japanese street fashion' and all that lovely stuff..do you think it really originated in japan? they take most of their fashion from europe and then do a few little adjustments and call it japanese, as are many things in modern asian culture including the kpop you guys all love, it's just a ripoff of bad western pop music..and if you want to get technical white people invented the automobile, the computer, the internet, the integrated circuit, penicillin, the airplane, hip hop and classical music, the legal system, most modern clothes, and yes even condoms, so I guess using all those things would be a white thing to do right? so please let's not play this who's trying to be who game because you guys will lose

What a mother fckin NOOB.

Guest cfcong

It shows how open-minded they are and shows signs of globalization

but on the other hand...

I agree. Even though I am Chinese, I like Korean hairstyles and music and Japanese fashion. But I wont go to the extent of going crazy of it. I learned both Korean and Japanese and the thing is I wanna tell the people who say only 1 or 2 phrases to shut up. If you know only a few phrase, keep it to yourself, unless you can fluently speak that language in a conversation. I'm proud of my Chinese heritage and I don't understand why some non-Asians people try to be Asian. Stick to your own culture, its okay to like things from other cultures but don't try to be something you are not.

Guest rogueeex

There was this Causcasian guy at my school who was completely OBSESSED with Japanese anime and Jrock. He named himself Kira from Deathnote. He'd throw out a few Japanese words daily and wear Japanese clothes to school. He even brought a freaking katana to school one day not realizing it was a weapon and had to go to the principal's office. Oh, and he liked me because I was Asian..-_____- Not sure if he was either Wasian or just plain crazy.

Guest photo.ollie

Uuum, its a hard one, because there are so many Asians wanting to be Western.

Like that surgery to make your eyes bigger or something?

I think this is a pretty stupid thread as lots of people want to be different things.

I don't think anyone wants to BE asian, maybe just like the Asian way of life.

Its too completely different things.

& its also rather hypocritical, because some of the things that asians take for granted,

(i don't know if you're asian), all originated in western countries.

So its not really fair to talk about people trying to be Asian, because its all part of the cycle.

That's just my few, but I respect yours.

Guest sayad1

i have many asian freinds , mostly pakistani and bangladeshi , pakistani peoples are really annoying some times , but teh bangladeshi peopels are just cool , they aree sensitive and they are quite like very hospitable.

Guest c0lap1nada

There was this Causcasian guy at my school who was completely OBSESSED with Japanese anime and Jrock. He named himself Kira from Deathnote. He'd throw out a few Japanese words daily and wear Japanese clothes to school. He even brought a freaking katana to school one day not realizing it was a weapon and had to go to the principal's office. Oh, and he liked me because I was Asian..-_____- Not sure if he was either Wasian or just plain crazy.

He brought a Katana to school and didn't know it was a weapon? No offense, but does he have problems or something?

I think a more important question is:

What do you guys think about Asians trying to be other Asian races, such as Chinese or Filipino people trying to be Korean or Japanese?

Personally, that's more annoying than a White person trying to be Asian for some reason.. haha.

Guest GloomyPookie

Uuum, its a hard one, because there are so many Asians wanting to be Western.

Like that surgery to make your eyes bigger or something?

I think this is a pretty stupid thread as lots of people want to be different things.

I don't think anyone wants to BE asian, maybe just like the Asian way of life.

Its too completely different things.

& its also rather hypocritical, because some of the things that asians take for granted,

(i don't know if you're asian), all originated in western countries.

So its not really fair to talk about people trying to be Asian, because its all part of the cycle.

That's just my few, but I respect yours.

Exactly. I was reading through this thread and reading all the comments about how wasians are annoying,

but what about those asians who try to be caucasian/western? And there are a lot of those. Some people are hypocrite...

Guest xXpinkpillsXx

i completely agree with the person above me i think everyone should take it as a complement when someone is interested in another culture? i mean if u think about it don't u think all of the asians on the this website are wanabe western? i mean were all speaking english here alot are living outside of asia..... and it is only a skin colour at the end of the day.... i think people should get over it people are always going to be interested in something new that they don't know about

Guest Zindelle

what about super white-washed asians?

my brother has a deep hatred for japanese people who love anything and everything of western culture. i think it's moreso that he feels they are 'traitors' for marrying white men.

lol

i myself don't really give a damn, but ANYONE who doesn't speak japanese but constantly say "kawaiiiii" "sugoi" "neko" "baka"

omg my brain is on the verge of exploding.

wasians who hang out with asian gangsters are funny.

edit: i also dislike wannabe blasians who claim to be ganguro and stick 50,000 clips in their fringe. not a good look.

no offence

Guest ILuVTiTTiEZ

Weird, but over all HILARIOUS!!!! Its pretty pathetic to watch but for some reason, I still laugh, ALL the TIME! You just can't help but feel sad for these people and then that saddness usually gets crushed by LAUGHTER! And its always a good laugh.

Guest suzic87

what about super white-washed asians?

my brother has a deep hatred for japanese people who love anything and everything of western culture. i think it's moreso that he feels they are 'traitors' for marrying white men.

lol

My brother is the same, he has no respect towards his Chinese heritage and speaks rubbish about it from news he has been fed by western anti-china media

As for Wasians, I really dislike or like them

I think a more important question is:

What do you guys think about Asians trying to be other Asian races, such as Chinese or Filipino people trying to be Korean or Japanese?

No one cares cuz in the end they are all asian so it's cool beans

tsk tsk tsk

Archived